Davis LLP is one of Canada’s leading law firms with a team of innovative, proactive and dedicated lawyers, administrative and support staff who serve our clients in Canada, the Pacific Rim and around the world. As one of British Columbia’s Top Employers from 2008 to 2013, we offer competitive salaries and benefits including a generous, top-rated employee pension plan. We believe that all members of our team need to work together to provide world class service to our clients.
If you are talented in providing unprecedented service, are enthusiastic and a team player, we are looking for you! Come and experience the Davis difference! We are currently looking for a Legal Assistant to join our Intellectual Property practice and invite you to review the job description.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Daily correspondence, document preparation, dicta-typing, drafting and filing court documents;
- File preparation and management including preparation of pleadings, affidavits of documents, undertakings, expert documents and trial binders;
- Book court dates, discoveries and communicate with registries;
- Organize and attend meetings as required;
- Organize, assemble and draft chambers records, books of authorities, court pleadings and prepare agreements as required;
- Conduct searches and carry out investigations through internet and other means;
- Liaise with legal assistants, paralegals, other lawyers and clients on file progress;
- General administrative duties including entering timesheets and co-ordinating billing cycle;
- Other legal duties as required.
Knowledge, Qualities & Experience Required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Legal Assistant position in Intellectual Property preferred;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work with three lawyers;
- Formal Legal Assistant education and training an asset;
- Experience with Federal Court procedures required;
- Intermediate to Advanced software skills, particularly with Microsoft Office 2010;
- Dedicated to providing quality service to clients and consistently meet expectations by providing service beyond expectation;
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills with ability to listen effectively respond appropriately and maintain mutual comfort level while relating to a diverse group of individuals;
- Strong ability to perform well and be unfailingly diplomatic in a high pressure environment with multiple internal clients;
- Able to remain productive within time-sensitive and fast-paced environment;
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities required;
- Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize and deliver creative solutions; and
- Ability to multitask, establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives under minimal supervision.
To apply for this position, please go to the Careers/Paralegals and Legal Assistants section of www.davis.ca and apply through the links.
Thank you for your interest in Davis LLP.