Davis LLP is one of Canada’s leading law firms with a team of innovative, proactive and dedicated lawyers, administrative and support staff who serve our clients in Canada, the Pacific Rim and around the world. As one of British Columbia’s Top Employers from 2008 to 2013, we offer competitive salaries and benefits including a generous, top-rated employee pension plan. We believe that all members of our team need to work together to provide world class service to our clients.
If you are talented in providing unprecedented service, are enthusiastic and a team player, we are looking for you! Come and experience the Davis Difference! We are currently looking for a Resource Legal Assistant to join our team and invite you to review the job description below.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Daily correspondence, document preparation, dicta-typing, drafting and filing court documents;
- File preparation and management;
- Book court dates, discoveries and communicate with registries;
- Maintenance of established filing systems, including correspondence, reports, records, confidential files and B/F files and/or systems;
- Understanding and familiarity with various legal precedents and procedures;
- Liaise with legal assistants, paralegals, other lawyers and clients on file progress;
- General administrative duties including entering timesheets and co-ordinating billing cycle;
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Qualities & Experience Required
- Minimum six months’ experience as a Legal Assistant;
- Formal Legal Assistant education and training required;
- Must have exposure to both Corporate and Litigation;
- Excellent PC skills, particularly with Microsoft Office 2010, including using Outlook contacts and calendar functions;
- Must be capable of interpreting instructions and preparing required documentation;
- Must be accurate and detail-oriented and possess sound judgment and initiative;
- Adaptable and flexible, able to work with different teams and practice areas;
- Dedicated to providing quality service to clients and consistently meet expectations by providing service beyond expectation;
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills with ability to listen effectively, respond appropriately, and maintain mutual comfort level while relating to a diverse group of individuals;
- Strong ability to perform well and be unfailingly diplomatic in a high pressure environment with multiple internal clients;
- Able to remain productive within time-sensitive and fast-paced environment;
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities required; and
- Ability to multitask, establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives under minimal supervision.
To apply, please go to the Careers - Paralegals/Legal Assistants section of www.davis.ca and submit your application through the posting.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted