Davis LLP is one of Canada’s leading law firms with a team of innovative, proactive and dedicated lawyers, administrative and support staff who serve our clients in Canada, the Pacific Rim and around the world. We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a generous, top-rated employee pension plan. We believe that all members of our team need to work together to provide world class service to our clients.
If you are talented in providing unprecedented service, are enthusiastic and a team player, we are looking for you! Come and experience the Davis difference! We are currently looking for a Legal Assistant to join our Litigation department and invite you to review the job description.
Please note this position is for a 12 month contract.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for daily correspondence, document preparation, dicta-typing, drafting and filing court documents;
- File preparation and management;
- Book court dates, discoveries and communicate with registries;
- Organize, assemble and draft chambers records, books of authorities, court pleadings and prepare agreements as required;
- Conduct searches and carry out investigations through internet and other means;
- Liaise with legal assistants, paralegals, other lawyers and clients on file progress;
- General administrative duties including entering timesheets and co-ordinating billing cycle;
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Qualities & Experience Required
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as a Legal Assistant in Litigation;
- Understanding and familiarity with various Litigation legal precedents and procedures;
- Formal Legal Assistant education and training an asset;
- Advanced software skills, particularly with Microsoft Office 2010;
- Able to remain productive within time-sensitive and fast-paced environment;
- Dedicated to providing quality service to clients and consistently meet expectations by providing service beyond expectations;
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills with ability to listen effectively, respond appropriately, and maintain mutual comfort level while relating to a diverse group of individuals;
- Strong ability to perform well and be unfailingly diplomatic in a high pressure environment with multiple internal and external clients;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize and deliver creative solutions;
- Ability to multitask, establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives under minimal supervision.
To apply for this position, please go to the Careers/Paralegals and Legal Assistants section of www.davis.ca and apply through the links.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Davis LLP.