DAVIDsTEA

DAVIDsTEA Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Tasks and duities
Data Entry Adminstrator (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJune 29, 2014
Pros: 50 percent off item for staff
Cons: unforseen overtime
Davids Tea is an exemplary company. I learned a lot about excel and other PC programs. Management at my particular location was a 2 out of 10. My co-workers were awesome. Finishing tasks or duties on time was a battle at times. I enjoyed interacting with staff on new projects.
Productive and friendly work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 24, 2014
Pros: free tea to drink while working, 50% off everything in store
Cons: more on-call shifts/week than guarenteed scheduled hours
Typical day includes greeting customers with a complimentary sample of the "tea of the day," asking open-ended questions to assess and address the needs of customers (example: are they looking for loose leaf tea to take home, a way to infuse loose leaf tea at home, a gift, or simply a cup of tea to enjoy), ensuring that all products are fully stocked – more... and accessible at all times, making specialty beverages, and ensuring that the establishment is clean and organized

I learned how to ask open-ended questions, and how to ask for help when I need it. – less
productive fun workplace
❸ Hired on as part time employee (Current Employee), calgary albertaJune 21, 2014
good for part time employment, minimum salary and no chance for advancement in workplace.
Decent pay, easy job, too high of expectations
Tea Guide (Former Employee), vancouverMay 22, 2014
pros
-good discount for part time staff
-generally easy tasks
-decent pay wage

cons
-too high expectations
-takes a lot of energy out of you during your shift to always be smiling and chipper towards your customers
-management plays favourites
Great Company with terrible managers
Keyholder/Tea guide (Former Employee), Edmonton,AbMay 13, 2014
You don't quit a job, you quit your manager and thats exactly what I did when I left my job at davidsteas even though I loved it. Advancement in the company was constantly sabotaged by my managers, and even though I was a dedicated 30 hr +/week employee with the company for over a year I received NO benefits... only my manger got those. Overall, DT – more... IS a fun place to work, if you're a student who isn't looking to make it your career. They need to take better care of the people they hire and NOT just management. – less
Fun workplace with co-workers, but no room to grow and no trust from Management
Store Manager (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONApril 21, 2014
Pros: great employees, fun interacting with customers
Cons: long hours, not much incentives or compensation, no room to advance
A fun environment when you have great co-workers and fun customers to interact with. The products are fun, and there was a good discount. However, there was little opportunity for advancement, and there was no trust in employees from upper management. Hard to have creative freedom from upper management.
Make me a Manager!
Tea Guide (Former Employee), Prince George, BCApril 16, 2014
Pros: free tea, the best people, inclusive dress code policy, encouraging corporate environment
Cons: better bring good shoes
I absolutely loved working for DAVIDsTEA! The corporate culture is amazing; they are easy-going but not unprofessional and you can expect lots of encouragement all along the way. In fact, I will gladly return as soon as they offer me a store management position.
Incredible customer expirence
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 24, 2014
Pros: lovely customers, being around tea constantly, employee discount
Cons: lack of hours to work, difficult to advance positions
I adored DAVIDsTEA while I worked there. With a fun atmosphere and exciting customers there was never a day that I did not genuinely smile. My duty as a Tea Brista was to aid customers in finding the tea and tea accessories for them as well helping them learn more about the beverages they love. I also maintained a clean work environment and would keep – more... my stations sanitary from opening to close. The only issue I found with this job was the lack of hours I was receiving, lack of ability to advance in my position, as well as difficulty of transportation to and from the location and unfortunately because of these combined with personal reasons, I could not stay. On the other hand I highly recommend it to others searching for a enjoyable and valued experience. – less
Best job I've ever had.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Church StJanuary 24, 2014
I wish I had stayed on after Seasonal. What a great place. Literally not a bad thing about it, except my time there was too short.
A place full of great ibes and positive energy.
"Tea Guide" -sales associate and barista (Current Employee), Penticton, BCJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: free tea while you're working, and a lovely discount
Cons: there are none!
Amazing job!! The people are great, management is so friendly and our customers are always amazing.
High energy sales workplace with incredible standards for customer service
Tea Guide/Sales Representitive (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 17, 2013
I absolutely love working at DAVIDsTEA! Managers are relatable and professional, and encourage you to understand the product by trying out new teas.
Fun workplace with great team atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONJuly 23, 2013
Pros: great product, staff, and customers
As the assistant manager I learned the following:
- Ordering stock
- Delegating duties
- Using the POS system and
- Contacting head office
Amazing.
TEAm Member (Former Employee), Church St, TorontoJanuary 22, 2013
I worked here as a seasonal TEAm Member, and was heartbroken to leave. Honestly the best place I have ever worked!
Fun place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Surrey, BCDecember 13, 2012
Pros: discounts and free tea on the job.
Cons: n/a
I absolutely loved working here! The people were great and easy to get along with and the atmosphere was amazing. It was tough to memorize all the tea but at the same time it was enjoyable. I definitely recommend applying there.
Fun environment
Keyholder (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2013
Great place to work if you are looking for a side job, or if you are looking to start a career in beverage/retail. Young, hip company with great benefits and awesome managers.

About DAVIDsTEA

We're a North American company headquartered in Montreal and Boston, and growing like crazy. In just under four years, we've opened – Read more

DAVIDsTEA Photos