David Aplin Group Employee Reviews

Amazing culture, great place to work and to grow.
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON9 January 2017
Having worked at Aplin for nearly a decade, I can truly attest to the strong collaborative company culture and the internal support for career growth and development. So much opportunity to make an everlasting impact. The recruitment team focuses on extending that positive impact among their peers, with their clients and with job seekers. Love working here!
Great place to work!
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 December 2016
Awesome place to work. Great staff, hard working employees, and definitely a place of employment you want to see yourself grow with.
A Company with great Core Values!
Consultant (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON13 December 2016
Fun and productive work environment! Hard working and dedicated team members. Work is rewarding and positively impacts people's lives.
A great place to work!
Partner (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 December 2016
I am proud to work at David Aplin Group. It's a somewhat autonomous environment where you are trained well and then empowered to create your own success.

Accomplishments are recognized and rewarded, but I also like that you have ownership over your own job security through consistent and strong performance.

As well, I have enjoyed having influence over my own work/life balance but it's refreshing that the leadership group genuinely cares about their people/teams too.
Great Workplace Culture!
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 December 2016
Family run and family comes first company. Despite being a commissioned environment it is still very team oriented. I've never been embarrassed to say that I work for Aplin!
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Transitioning to more metrics-based
Top recruitment firm in the city
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 December 2016
A fantastic organization that cares deeply about helping clients attract top talent and working with candidates to move forward in their career. Aplin teaches their employees to go the extra mile with customer service and build long lasting relationships. Senior management also emphasizes the importance of corporate social responsibility and believes in work/life balance. I would not want to work anywhere else.
Pros
impressive customer service, flexible hours
Great Culture who is not afraid to change and grow after 40 years
Past President (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 December 2016
I enjoy working with this company. I sold my firm one year ago and I am very pleased that Jeff and I decided to work together. Solid National firm who are ready and willing to take on the next 40 years.
I look forward to being part of that growth.
Pros
True National Firm
Cons
Challenges of being a national firm
Fun and rewarding place to work!
Recruiter, Engineering & Technical (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 December 2016
David Aplin Group is an awesome place to work - the atmosphere is exciting, creating healthy competition, working with excellent colleagues who are supportive, and are shown rewards from management on a job well done. I enjoy coming into work everyday!
Amazing place to work
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 December 2016
David Aplin Group is by far the best company I have worked for. The training is beyond amazing which helped me to learn several aspects about recruiting and business development. They really care about the employees and treat them with respect. They have the most tenured employees company wide along with great corporate culture.
Pros
Good Compensation, Great Corporate Culture
Cons
None I can think of
Good Company
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa-Gatineau, ON19 October 2016
It was a good company to work for, they treated their employees well. The reason I left was circumstantial and not to do with the company. It seems like good management there now.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
No linkedin
Best Team I have ever worked with
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 September 2016
Have been part of the Aplin Family for over 5 years and have never worked in a better place.
Respect for their employees, genuinely care about the business we are in, which is refreshing.
Encourage you to build a business within a business.
Management is supportive and provide training when needed.
Pros
Comp plan
Had a great thing
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 August 2016
Worked here for 2 years - things started off well but most (all) of the attention gets placed in Western Canada. Managers and Senior Mangers didn't even talk to us easterners at the AGM or when they came to visit. Management locally was a joke- went from 3 people to about 18 then all the good people left and down to 3.

What this company misses IS David Aplin.
Pros
AGM, comp plan, flexibility
Cons
room for advancement, management
Strong Corporate Culture
Accounting & Finance Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 July 2016
Excellent training, strong corporate culture, an inclusive environment. One of the best (if not the best) recruitment firms in the city. Management cares about you on a personal level, and has an open door policy regarding concerns.
placement agency
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 June 2016
this is a placement recruitment agency not where i actually worked, i was placed as a temp to probably be hired full timee for the third time in a row. It wasn't permanent as id hoped. placement was shoddy at best
Good company, fun and friendly people.
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 April 2016
Small family run business. People are friendly and passionate about there roles with each individual striving for success in achievement of a common goal.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 August 2015
General Reception duties, answering phones, emails, couriers, data entry and typing. Co workers were awesome, very friendly and easy to get along with. Loved going to work. Hours were great.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Only temp position, would like to have a permanent position.
Great Recruiter for job hunters
Candidate / Job Hunter (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta10 July 2015
Works fast on finding jobs for job hunters! The Recruiter who handled my account, Rachael is so aggressive and is definitely an ideal person to trust when it comes to finding job for you. Highly recommended!
Pros
Proactive Recruiter
Not the best or worst place to work
CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 June 2015
Had good team in place but many have left, locally and nationally. Slow to update technology
Comp plan significantly lower than other firms
Friendly atmosphere
Very rewarding work but not financially
horrible
admin (Former Employee) –  edmonton, Alberta27 July 2014
Stuck up recent graduates who want to prove something. Stay away find another agency.
Pros
Cons
disrespect uncaring
snotty people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  edmonton19 March 2014
I was not impressed with the staff. They made me feel inadequate and unskilled and I know better. They were all much younger and seemed to think your skills were reflected by how expensive your outfit was. They were not helpful at all. I would not waste my time on their interview or their stupid tests.
Pros
Can't think of anything
Cons
if you like to be looked down on this is the agency for you