David's Bridal Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
horrible
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 May 2017
Worst employer i have ever worked for. Would never recommend working here. Management was horrible. It was like working with a bunch of stuck up high school kids. They do not appreciate a hard worker. In fact, if you achieve more than others here, you are shunned. Not a good example of team work.
Great Team
Bridal Stylist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 May 2017
Overall, a great place to work if you are interested in a part-time retail job. No room for advancement and can get extremely boring during the slow season.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 April 2017
Worked with a great team and there was lots of positive energy in the store. Can be overwhelming during the busy hours and busy season, but there is always something to do.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Busy times can be overwhelming
Fun place to work
Bridal Stylist (Current Employee) –  London, ON21 February 2017
Great place to work, and the staff are fantastic

When its busy its very high paced, when its slow, there is still lots to do

The management are there to help you, no matter the situation
Productive and fun work place
Sales Stylist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2016
Davids Bridal is an wonderful and comfortable job, you get to go home everyday knowing you helped out a women find her dream dress. management and my co-workers are very friendly and welcoming.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Short Hours
When you have great leaders and a fantastic team to work with everyday, what more could you ask for!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga29 October 2016
Challenging , but very rewarding.
It's not everyday you celebrate one of life's greatest
moments!
Change is constant and you get full satisfaction by
what you put into it.
Pros
Everyday is different! You meet great people, work with dedicated people!
Cons
Busy! But better than not!
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 October 2016
My managers are extremely understanding about school and my availability. I've gained a lot more customer service experience by working at there. The most enjoyable part of my job was the feeling you got after helping your bride find "the one". Sometimes there were tears (happy tears) and always a warm happy feeling after your appointment is closed and your bride walks away with her dream gown.
Pros
Happy and fun environment
Cons
Not enough shifts
flexible place to work
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 July 2016
Flexible place to work , with great staff and management.

Fun to play dress up and to be apart of someones special day. Lots of styles and colors to choose from. Over all a fun part time job.
Fun place to work with good people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 April 2016
The only bad things about working there was, they played with your time, they give you days off and then they change it, without letting you know. Managers go out often for smoke. When all the managers and asst managers were on the floor together for the day they go for lunch together.

Positive things fun people to work, free pizza sometimes.
Fun and upbeat work enivronment.
Core Bridal Stylist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 April 2016
As a core stylist at Davids Bridal, I take on a large number of jobs in a day to day basis. Along with working as a bridal stylist, I also dressed the rest of the bridal party from flower girls, to grandmother of the groom. Along with styling the bridal party, I am also responsible for excellent customer service skills as well as shipping and receiving and handling cash and orders at a register/chashier system.
I've learned the best customer service skills while working at David's. My management staff has always pushed me to meet my daily sales goals and support me throughout the year and a bit that I have been employed there.
The best part of my job is to see a bride's dream come to life. I am not just selling a pair of jeans thats they can like, I'm selling them the gown that they will remember for the rest of their lives.
Pros
felxiable hours, great work environment
Cons
Long shifts
Busy and Fun
Wedding Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 January 2016
Working as a Bridal Consultant was amazing, it was very enjoyable, I was in charge of making a brides day and making her look like the princess she is. I usually handled about 4 brides a day and made sure to have an on going relationship with all of them and their bridesmaids.
Fun work place
Junior Wedding Stylist (Former Employee) –  Halifax31 July 2015
Loved working there, this location has an excellent team and management; felt like family. Learned excellent multitasking and working with multiple customers simultaneously, while providing excellent customer service.
Productive and fast- paced environment
Junior Stylist (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 April 2015
Gained superior customer- service skills in a high volume environment. Learned to set and achieve sales goals. Stylists are competitive but determined to provide excellent customer service.
Great Place to gain retail experience in Bridal
Bridal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 April 2015
Fun but can be physically/mentally tiring. Management team - sometimes not on the same page. Some co-workers are very envious of your success. Managers tend to favour those who sells the most.
Pros
Meeting new brides
Cons
Long hours - physically exhausting
It is a productive and amazing work place
Junior Bridal's Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 February 2015
I love working at davids bridal. Its a great place to meet new people and the staff is amazing. I have made a whole bunch of know friends there. I love being able to help people directly in making decisions for the most important day of their lives. It makes me very happy.
fun and exciting workplace
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 November 2014
although the demands of this job are quite high, I have learned how to better manage my time ensuring that I serve customers first so that they have the best experience for their special day.
The best place anyone could work
Alterations Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga19 November 2014
I am honestly so glad I got to be apart of such an amazing team. David's Bridal is a great place to work at it is very chill and laid back. A typical day would be steaming dresses, making appointments and answering phone calls as an Alterations Customer Service Representative. The management is very great and understandable, they truly care about their employee's. Hardest part of the job might be getting to learning everything... there is a lot to know and is overwhelming at first but once you get the hang of it, you'll love it! Davids Bridal is like my second family, all the workers and managers are so sweet and caring. Would definitely recommend this location for anyone interested in pursuing a career with David's Bridal!
Pros
Everything aspect is great
Cons
No actual training.. Taught by another worker BUT someone is always there to help you if needed
Great job.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton17 November 2014
Working with davids bridal was a overall good experience for me, i had learned many skills and furthered my already obtained skills. I was able to excel in all my duties held responsible for. I worked well with my team and accomplished daily goals that i had set for myself.
A very rewarding experience!
Wedding Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario21 August 2014
From the moment I greet my future bride-to-be till selecting their dream dress, marks a rewarding and pleasant experience for me. Multi-tasking is key at this work place, where you are required to listen to your client's needs, answer phone calls and doing mental work at the same time.
Pros
Brides satisfaction with company's selection.
Cons
Long hours without breaks
Exciting and fast-paced environment
Jr Stylist (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 April 2014
I only ever worked weekends, which were always busy. There was always something to do.
Pros
great work environment, fellow co-workers are friendly
Cons
sometimes you don't get to take a full break because it's so busy, head office is not the most organized, not enough hours for "seasonal" help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at David's Bridal. Our community is ready to answer.