David's Bridal

David's Bridal Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun and exciting workplace
Customer service representative (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 19, 2014
although the demands of this job are quite high, I have learned how to better manage my time ensuring that I serve customers first so that they have the best experience for their special day.
The best place anyone could work
Alterations Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), MississaugaNovember 19, 2014
Pros: everything aspect is great
Cons: no actual training.. taught by another worker but someone is always there to help you if needed
I am honestly so glad I got to be apart of such an amazing team. David's Bridal is a great place to work at it is very chill and laid back. A typical day would be steaming dresses, making appointments and answering phone calls as an Alterations Customer Service Representative. The management is very great and understandable, they truly care about their employee's. Hardest part of the job might be getting to learning everything... there is a lot to know and is overwhelming at first but once you get the hang of it, you'll love it! Davids Bridal is like my second family, all the workers and managers are so sweet and caring. Would definitely recommend this location for anyone interested in pursuing a career with David's Bridal!
Great job.
Labourer (Former Employee), HamiltonNovember 17, 2014
Working with davids bridal was a overall good experience for me, i had learned many skills and furthered my already obtained skills. I was able to excel in all my duties held responsible for. I worked well with my team and accomplished daily goals that i had set for myself.
A very rewarding experience!
Wedding Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioAugust 21, 2014
Pros: brides satisfaction with company's selection.
Cons: long hours without breaks
From the moment I greet my future bride-to-be till selecting their dream dress, marks a rewarding and pleasant experience for me. Multi-tasking is key at this work place, where you are required to listen to your client's needs, answer phone calls and doing mental work at the same time.
Exciting and fast-paced environment
Jr Stylist (Former Employee), London, ONApril 4, 2014
Pros: great work environment, fellow co-workers are friendly
Cons: sometimes you don't get to take a full break because it's so busy, head office is not the most organized, not enough hours for "seasonal" help.
I only ever worked weekends, which were always busy. There was always something to do.
Fun Place to Work
Sales Rep/Customer Service Rep/ Alterations Rep (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 7, 2013
I learned a lot of sewing skills working at David's Bridal, as well as better customer service skills and I had a lot of fun while doing all the tasks at work.
Working with moments
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioAugust 26, 2013
Pros: team of employees
Cons: manager
David's Bridal has been a wonderful experience. Not only was I working a part-time job, and helping customers, I was being apart of their wedding experience. I though that was an honor, to be apart of someone's big day. A typical day was pretty laid back and enjoying hearing about people's love stories. My co-workers were very cooperative and was such a joy to be around. As for management, it wasn't easy working with my store manager, she/he was very obnoxious and not supportive of the team she had working for her. Favorited several employees and didn't appreciate the other's although she was the hiring manager. Otherwise everyday was a joy working there.
Already reviewed this
Jr. Stylist (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: work with your schedule
Cons: on your feet a lot
It's making me review this again....please read other post from people. It's a great place to work but I already said that haha.
Helping to make the perfect wedding day
Stylist (Current Employee), Hoover, ALJanuary 22, 2015
David's Bridal is a nice company to work for. The customers value your opinion and rely heavily on you to help them find the perfect look for their wedding day. They don't just come in looking for a dress, but the experience that comes along with finding the dress,
loved my co-workers, hated everything else
customer service representative (Current Employee), orland park, ilJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: short breaks/no breaks, poor management, poor hours, too stressful
Managers are awful. Corporate is awful. Customers are awful. Procedures are awful. When I first started, I loved my job. By now, I hate it. Weekends are non-stop craziness, and good luck getting a lunch.
Always a happy place
Wedding Consultant (Former Employee), Rochester, MNJanuary 20, 2015
Working with brides and their party. Getting them fitted in their dresses and getting everything they need for their wedding.
Fun Job
Dress Consultant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Really fun job, I loved working with happy newlyweds. The management was good although things got a little crazy sometimes
Senior Bridal Consultant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 15, 2015
didnt enjoys working at all. always at work, no time for family or to raise your kids
good management team
Bridal Consultant (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: stressful jon
It was bit stressful job. When the bride comes with whole bunch of relatives it became difficult to show your salesmanship.

But I was good at it and selling minimum 3- 4 gowns per day. Enjoyed every moment of it.
Poductive family felt workplace
Customer Service Representative/Shipping/Receiver (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ARJanuary 13, 2015
9am entering the workplace call customers informing them of merchandise arrival in the store. Packing customers merchandise to be delivered to its destiny. Preparing necessary paperwork for delivery. Make customer courtesy calls reminding customers of their appointments. Open the doors of the store. Enter all registration information into the computer from that day and the day before. File all paperwork after entered.

Management was very supportive and helpful.

Co-workers were like family and also very helpful and encouraging.

There was no hard part of the job.

The most enjoyable was the atmosphere of fun and cheerfulness.
I loved making brides wedding be the wedding they always dreamed about.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: got to meet new people everyday, made me feel amazing to help people
Cons: short break, most days with no break at all, poor management
I would start my day by reviewing my appointments for the day, when I was the customer service rep I would look over the appointments and make sure there was a rotation for the consultants. when slow I would do follow up calls on customers. I learned the style of dresses that best matched their figures, accessories that matched the dresses, and how to picture what dress they would explain. My manager was very good at helping me close sales when needed, but I was pushed to put things on ladies that they couldn't afford and that made customers leave. I was there for the customers. To make their dreams come true, not push them to the breaking point. My co-workers were all about money, not the customers. They were rude to customers and even me. The hardest part of my job was dealing with co-workers who was jealous of my progress in the company. Manager was helping with my progress and then my father passed away so I was moving to California to help my mother get through a rough time. I went in to give my two weeks notice and resign, but my manager told me I did not have to write anything down and I could just not work anymore. When I decided to move back, I thought I could get my job back and they told me I quit and I'm not hirable. the most enjoyable part of my job was putting a smile on customers faces and especially making them leave with a great smile after they had a bad experience with other consultants.
its a job
Wedding Consultant (Former Employee), burbankJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: bridal stories, the customers
Cons: hours, wages
very hectic not very stuctured, it was fun while i worked with brides it was wonderful to hear there stories
Productive and fast-paced
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: happy customers, commission
Cons: slow season
My typical day at work was greeting customers and finding out what they would like to accomplish and help them reach their goals. I learned that to succeed in what you are doing, you need to listen and communicate well with customers. Management was always walking around and making sure customers are happy with their experience and asking for feedback. My co-workers and I were always looking for ways to help each other when need be, if one person was getting swamped with customers, we'd help each other out the best we could. The store was the busiest on weekends, and when you had large parties along with 3 or 4 more parties of people, it would get hectic but the key was to always keep every customer happy, and be polite even if you are under stress and that drove me to have great sale numbers. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing how thrilled customers would be when bringing them suggested items and helping them find the perfect apparel.
Don't recommend
stylist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: experiencing brides
Cons: pay, hours, breaks, tasks, insufficient staffing, commission
No beneficial training on fitting,styling, working with brides or using the register. Learning the work environment comes from asking your new co-workers for help. They don't offer full-time hours and the part-time hours are 3-5 hr shifts for 2-3 days a week, a typical pay period could be from 10 to 23 hrs at a pay rate of $7.50 for stylist. Short 30 min. lunch break for rare 6-8hrs shifts, and because of the excessive workload you are usually denied that short 30 min. break and you end up working a full shift with no food other than what you ate before you came. And if you are lucky to get a break they say to you be back in 30 min. so you can take another bride or party. Even when it's slow there's no breathing room. You're either working with a bride or cleaning or telemarketing 20-25 brides to get them to make an appointment. The staff is usually limited and overwhelmed with tasks. During the interview they promise you that the 7.50 isn't so bad because you will easily earn a good commission, but the commission scale is rigged in such a way that it becomes impossible for you to make it, so you usually end up with just 7.50 for 25hrs or less and no commission. If it's slow managers will send people home so your pay becomes even worse.You have to watch every minute that you work and note every cent you make. Making money here is very stressful and requires strategic planning. At $7.50 hr you need to work at least 30 hrs to make at least $200 on your paycheck after taxes, but working more than 30 hrs can be bad for making commission if you didn't sell over $4,200 during your – more... pay period. And going over your hours happens often because of the excessive tasks, you may be told you can't leave until you call 20 brides, steam some dresses or empty some stock. Stylist will clock out and continue working for free to avoid having too many hours and losing their hard earned commission. Hours must match sales goals or you lose commission. Commission isn't a special addition to your base pay, the way they have it set up is shaky and confusing. Stylists are put in a lose lose situation. For $7.50 you style brides, sometimes 2 at the same time, which is very disrespectful to a bride who thought the whole purpose of making an appointment was to have an hour with a stylist, not share her hour and be occasionally pushed to the side. You the stylist also dye shoes, hand clean dresses, slips, bras, iron dresses, vacuum, wipe mirrors, clean bathroom, stock, and do telemarketing. Selling every bride the very day she visits the store becomes a must for financial gain. This job is way too much random grunt work for zero benefits and low pay. In comparison to any other minimum wage retail job, this is the worst when it comes to hours, pay, and breaks. I would never recommend this place to any one who wants to make money or take a lunch break. – less
Enjoybale to work with brides
Bridal Consultant (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXJanuary 2, 2015
I learned a great deal about management and customer service. Difficult clients were a common occurrence, I learned how to ensure they enjoyed their time and de-escalated stressful situations on a regular basis.

1 2 3 4 5

About David's Bridal

Our Vow At David’s Bridal, we are committed to making dreams come true by offering consistently outstanding service to – Read more