Dave And Busters

Dave And Busters Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
eye opening
Server/ Bartender/ Key Hourly (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: never boring
Cons: management
A typical day consist of managing yourself and the co-workers next to you. I learned that just because people are in charge they don't always do the best job.
Disrespectful, and condescending
Server (Former Employee), Earth CityJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: foh staff, boh staff
Cons: management
I wanted to work at a Dave and Busters sense I began the service industry. I was thrown to the wolves. The only thing I was helped with in the restaurant in Earth City was being insulted and criticized on every little detail. I really looked forward to work at a Dave n Busters, I wanted to work no where else until I worked there. Now i no longer work – more... in the industry. – less
Fun environment, great opportunities towards advancement
FRONT DESK/ HOST (Current Employee), West Nyack, NYJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: young managers, decent pay and hours, fun vibe, awesome coworkers.
Cons: could be a little more organized when it comes to planning certain things, but nothing major.
The managers are fairly young, which makes building relationships with coworkers a lot easier on the job. The restaurant itself has an easy going vibe, and it makes work a place you want to go to.
Fun atmosphere to work in, coworkers were great
Server (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: free billiards and bowling
Cons: long hours and some times little business
The daily activities were not only to serve, but to interact with guests, whether it be a discussion of sports or dancing to a song. I learned a bit about the diversity in our community, and to not judge a book by its cover. Management consisted of a team of 6, some were better than others, but for the most part we got along and they got the job done. – more... Co-workers were great, one of the best perks of the job. Hardest part of the job was dealing with certain guests, which was also at times one of the most enjoyable parts of the job. – less
Fun place to work
Mid Way Technician (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: fun to work at, fun co-workers, fun managers sometimes
Cons: drunk customers
Maintenance of Arcade games
Installation of New arcade games
Cleaning and General Maintenance of Arcade games
Programming and set up of new equipment
Installing new Arcade games as well as updates
Making Cat5/6 Cables to connect Arcade equipment to Server room based inside Dave & Busters
General Maintenance of Electronics at the location
Fun workplace, exciting, fast paste, and overbearing.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Providence, RIJanuary 15, 2014
Short lunches and breaks, good health care, late shifts, for example 6 pm to 2:30 am.
Fun atmosphere
Service support (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJanuary 14, 2014
Loved working in the restaurant industry. Fun environment to work in. Co-workers were great and enjoyable people.
fun atmosphere
Runner, Server, Busser and Host (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: learned all positions
Cons: unable to depend on mgmt
fun lively good hours good pay good resources

bad mgmt communication and inspiration
Productive work environment
Deposit Clerk (Current Employee), Hanover, MDJanuary 7, 2014
Typically I come in and work independently. I count the deposit from the day and handle the paperwork. Managers are only used as a second set of eyes to verify the deposit.

Overall it is a good place to work
Fun place to work Good first time waitress experience
Waitress (Former Employee), Houston, TxDecember 29, 2013
Pros: free game play, 1/2 off meals
Cons: n/a
Most week days weren't too busy unless there was a special going on. everyone was pretty friendly that worked there and if you did have a problem the managers were more than happy to help.
your co-workers
Gametech/winnercircle (Former Employee), Farmingdale, NYDecember 24, 2013
Co workers were very nice and understanding, helpfull in everyway.
Fun and fast paced work environment.
Bartender (Current Employee), VirginiaDecember 20, 2013
Pros: healthcare programs, discount food on shift
Cons: loud working environment, corporate model
Much like any other job within the service industry, Dave and Busters has it's up and downs. Dave and Busters demands a high caliber of work and proper guest relations but it is worth it. If you are lucky enough to get employed with the company I suggest you hold on for as long as you can.
Decent place for first timers
Captain (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VADecember 19, 2013
Cons: next to no break unless you ask a manager and rarely they will say yes
This place is fine to work for everyone is pretty friendly, except for the fact that management is really slow to respond. Co-workers are very cool, but if your not in their click they wont talk to you (they will say hi and say how are you but thats about it). Didn't learn much but I have worked in resturants before. Overall not a bad place to use as – more... a stepping stone. – less
fast fun friendly workplace
Server/Cashier/Trainer (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 15, 2013
Pros: free entree great money on weekends
Cons: long hours on weekend
I enjoyed the fast paced environment always busy made great money the managers and co workers are great to work with as well
Love this Company
HOSTESS/CASHIER (Former Employee), Baltimore MdDecember 13, 2013
Pros: discount employee meals
This company treated their employee's fairly. We were given discounts on our employee meals. We were paid good and it was a fun job to work at.We had an employee Christmas party as well as team meetings on each shift. A very good company to work for.
Productive and fun workplace
Server (Current Employee), Arlington, TXDecember 13, 2013
Pros: discounted lunches
No complaints can ever be given about working here. best owners, best co-workers and best way to have fun while making a paycheck. I truly miss it
Busy work enviroment,Corporate company
Bar Server (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 4, 2013
High pace Family enviroment and Fun Crowds. Great Coworkers and management.
54,000 sq/ft dining and gaming facility.
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Addison, ILDecember 2, 2013
Pros: loved all the games and billiards. enjoyed the people i worked with.
Cons: it could be quite stressing being the only manager in a 54, 000 sq/ft facility.
Loved this job as well. Unfortunate one of our servers over served a minor and I found out about it. I did a full report on the evenings events for the record. However when the chips came down, the server, bartender, and manager on duty (me) were all let go. This broke my heart and is ultimately what made me try a path other than a management roll. – more... The hardest part of the job was at peak business it seemed that I was always needed in three places at the same time. This kept me on my toes and on the up side the workday seemed to fly by. – less
Fun place to work
Game room/Dining room/Rooftop Server (Former Employee), Honolulu, HINovember 27, 2013
Long hours and swing shifts required.
Co-workers are some of the best people you will meet on the island. they are usually very helpful and always have fun!
Great Job
Cook (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 25, 2013
A day at Dave & Busters as a cook can be fun and smooth but then sometimes you have your hard times. What I have learned while working here was speed creating dishes over and over again you develop great knife skills and work as a team player do to its high volume.

About Dave And Busters

Fun and games collide with food and drink at these nightspots. Dave & Buster's Entertainment owns and operates about 55 entertainment – Read more

Dave And Busters Photos