Dave And Busters

Dave And Busters Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It is a great place to work
Amusement Manager (Former Employee), Williamsville, NYNovember 19, 2013
You put alot of hours in but it is a great place to work. You are bussy from the time you walk in to the time you leave. I learned alot with dave and busters as a manager.
Super fun place to work
DEPARTMENT HEAD (Former Employee), Frisco, TXNovember 15, 2013
Great place to work. Money was great, but right a round the time I left, business slowed down quite a bit.
great fun work place and good experience
Busser/Server (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 8, 2013
Is a family environment the managers and co workers can communicate at all times. Best part about the job was meeting and getting to know a variety of peoples personalities and lifestyles.
fun environment
Server/Waiter (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 5, 2013
Pros: meeting new people, creating a memorable dining experience.
Cons: tips based. long hours, no real breaks
A typical day would be waiting on guests. Ringing in their orders, bringing them their food and taking payment. Management were fair and co workers turn into great friends. Learned how to multi task, work as a teamwork, and work under pressure.
When I had my first buyout at Dave & Buster's
Banquet Chef (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAOctober 28, 2013
I didn't know what a buyout was until my co-workers explained it to me. I thought the buyout was going to be difficult but was very easy! I learned to move in a fast paced and understand the concept of different people also the different kinds of food. The hardest part of the job was to stay in head of the game and make sure everything was good with – more... the food. The most enjoyable part o the job was having the opportunity to experience something new with about 300 people and having my job trust. – less
Good restaurant with poor management
line cook (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYOctober 28, 2013
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: management
Enjoy the environment overall. Enjoy my co-workers. Started with a sufficient amount of hours but have steadily decreased as business has leveled out from the madness of new opening. Management, typical operations are completely lacking sufficiency amongst other aspects. A complete overhaul of management is needed!
productive and fun workplace.
Waitress (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 25, 2013
Pros: my coworkers are the best
Cons: food running
A typical day includes a 5:00 where we learn how our store is doing with sales and our focus for that night. The managers are awesome fun to work with there always willing to help. My coworkers are friendly and outgoing. The hardest part of my job is food running. the best part is the money.
love the restaurant feel
Line cook (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAOctober 22, 2013
Pros: free bowling, games and soda, and billiards
inconsistent management. i love the games and the sports environment. most cooks were always walking off the line when needed. it was too much socializing going on.
used to be a great place to work
Line Cook (Current Employee), hollywood flOctober 21, 2013
Pros: free gameplay
Cons: everything else
new procedures are geared to profit management leaving the employees high and dry turn over rate is staggering due to older experienced employees being pushed out a newer employees brought in untill this company focuses on retaining and properly training and compensating its employees this company will continue to decline
Fun place to work
General Service Staff (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 21, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, benefits, fun atmosphere, free games for employees
Cons: discounted lunch only during work hours
Dave & Buster's is a fun place to work, and they are flexible with your schedule (especially with the students). I would not apply to this job if you're looking for full-time work, but as a part-time job, it does well.
Fun Environment but management is poor
Game Technician (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAOctober 17, 2013
Pros: fun environment
Cons: no breaks, poor management
I worked for Dave and busters for 2.5 months never missed a day but i had car troubles and had to miss work and i got fired..they didn't care that i was good at what I do they just fired me.
Great work Environment
Buser (Former Employee), Earth City, MOOctober 17, 2013
Pros: free games, discounted food, good tips
Cons: event/company party season could get hectic
Clean and bus tables, Help wait-staff, run food, and empty trash.
I learned how to handle the public.
Management was down to earth and willing to work with you and your schedule.
Co-workers were a lot of fun.
Wasn't really a hard part to this job.
Most enjoyable was working in the Arcade room and playing games.
Fun environment and great way to meet new people
Redemptions (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAOctober 9, 2013
Pros: fun environment
Cons: no breaks
Working at this company has its ups and downs just like many places. I will admit that the management does need to be better.
Productive and very fun i love kids
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Houston,TxOctober 4, 2013
Dave & Busters is an very fun and energetic place. I love my co workers there all good team workers. The hardest part about the job is seeing little kids cry because they can't get the toy they want.
fun
front desk (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 27, 2013
answered phones, got pool tables, take out orders, boat tokens, party planning, hardest part was the pay it was too low for what I did. enjoyable part my friends n customers there
Coworkers will become family members
Server (Former Employee), Times Square, NYSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: good money
Cons: insurance sucks
It's a fun place to work. The coworker's are helpfull and full of life. The guest are sometimes rude but depends on your attitude. Sometimes you can't win, no matter how nice you are. The only down fall is even if your in the right and theirs conflict managers will always side with the guests. be prepared for high volumn, hyper kids, and kids parties – more... that take up two sections for a 25 dollar grat. – less
Fun atmosphere, terrible pay
Bartender (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VaSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: free food, great experience in fast paced bartending, management is great
Cons: no money
Friday and Saturday shifts at my location ran from 4-2:30 am. If you smoke, forget about it. The GM of this location doesn't allow for cigarette breaks.

My last friday working there we aired the Mayweather fight for free. Needless to say this brought in around 2000 people, the place was packed from 4:30 until 1:30am.

Despite the large amount of people, – more... the bartenders only left with $120 each after a 10.5 hour shift... I sent them my two week notice an hour later.

Serving is a better position at this location. – less
It was fun
Busser (Former Employee), Westlake, OHSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: company events, high rate of pay
Cons: can be hard to keep up on some of the busier days
D&B was very energetic and fun to work at. My job entailed roaming the entire restaurant picking up trash and dishes and bussing tables. Management was professional, but also distant. D&B had a very high volume sales margin, so a work day can be stressful. If you can handle a fast paced, demanding work environment, you will be satisfied with the rewards – more... for D&B. – less
Fun place to work!
Head Mid-Way Auditor/Assistant Department Head (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 17, 2013
Had many titles while I was employed. Learned many things. Was a great place to work. High energy. Was part of great opening team. I miss it.
D&B
Technician (Former Employee), Springdale, OHSeptember 16, 2013
Nothing but a bunch of bottom feeders. I've never seen or even heard of management this bad. Everyone is completely fake and throws everyone else under the bus constantly.

Have more respect for yourself, don't work here.

About Dave And Busters

Fun and games collide with food and drink at these nightspots. Dave & Buster's Entertainment owns and operates about 55 entertainment – Read more

Dave And Busters Photos