Dave And Busters

Dave And Busters Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
your co-workers
Gametech/winnercircle (Former Employee), Farmingdale, NYDecember 24, 2013
Co workers were very nice and understanding, helpfull in everyway.
Fun and fast paced work environment.
Bartender (Current Employee), VirginiaDecember 20, 2013
Pros: healthcare programs, discount food on shift
Cons: loud working environment, corporate model
Much like any other job within the service industry, Dave and Busters has it's up and downs. Dave and Busters demands a high caliber of work and proper guest relations but it is worth it. If you are lucky enough to get employed with the company I suggest you hold on for as long as you can.
Decent place for first timers
Captain (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VADecember 19, 2013
Cons: next to no break unless you ask a manager and rarely they will say yes
This place is fine to work for everyone is pretty friendly, except for the fact that management is really slow to respond. Co-workers are very cool, but if your not in their click they wont talk to you (they will say hi and say how are you but thats about it). Didn't learn much but I have worked in resturants before. Overall not a bad place to use as – more... a stepping stone. – less
fast fun friendly workplace
Server/Cashier/Trainer (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 15, 2013
Pros: free entree great money on weekends
Cons: long hours on weekend
I enjoyed the fast paced environment always busy made great money the managers and co workers are great to work with as well
Love this Company
HOSTESS/CASHIER (Former Employee), Baltimore MdDecember 13, 2013
Pros: discount employee meals
This company treated their employee's fairly. We were given discounts on our employee meals. We were paid good and it was a fun job to work at.We had an employee Christmas party as well as team meetings on each shift. A very good company to work for.
Productive and fun workplace
Server (Current Employee), Arlington, TXDecember 13, 2013
Pros: discounted lunches
No complaints can ever be given about working here. best owners, best co-workers and best way to have fun while making a paycheck. I truly miss it
Busy work enviroment,Corporate company
Bar Server (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 4, 2013
High pace Family enviroment and Fun Crowds. Great Coworkers and management.
54,000 sq/ft dining and gaming facility.
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Addison, ILDecember 2, 2013
Pros: loved all the games and billiards. enjoyed the people i worked with.
Cons: it could be quite stressing being the only manager in a 54, 000 sq/ft facility.
Loved this job as well. Unfortunate one of our servers over served a minor and I found out about it. I did a full report on the evenings events for the record. However when the chips came down, the server, bartender, and manager on duty (me) were all let go. This broke my heart and is ultimately what made me try a path other than a management roll. – more... The hardest part of the job was at peak business it seemed that I was always needed in three places at the same time. This kept me on my toes and on the up side the workday seemed to fly by. – less
Fun place to work
Game room/Dining room/Rooftop Server (Former Employee), Honolulu, HINovember 27, 2013
Long hours and swing shifts required.
Co-workers are some of the best people you will meet on the island. they are usually very helpful and always have fun!
Great Job
Cook (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 25, 2013
A day at Dave & Busters as a cook can be fun and smooth but then sometimes you have your hard times. What I have learned while working here was speed creating dishes over and over again you develop great knife skills and work as a team player do to its high volume.
Productive, Energetic Work place
Winners circle attendant (Current Employee), Orland, FLNovember 22, 2013
Pros: discount on meals, and free drinks throughout the day.
Cons: 20 minute breaks after a very hectic day.
A typical day of working at Dave and Buster's is very energetic and spontaneous. Customer service is of high value in this work place, pleasantness and a smile can brighten someones day. As a employee at Dave and Buster's team work is of the utmost importance, together as a team we can succeed and do better, bringing the most exciting experience to – more... our guest. The hardest part of my job is seeing anyone not having a good time, but what I enjoy most of all is watching and listening to how much fun our guest are having here at Dave and Buster's. – less
It is a great place to work
Amusement Manager (Former Employee), Williamsville, NYNovember 19, 2013
You put alot of hours in but it is a great place to work. You are bussy from the time you walk in to the time you leave. I learned alot with dave and busters as a manager.
Super fun place to work
DEPARTMENT HEAD (Former Employee), Frisco, TXNovember 15, 2013
Great place to work. Money was great, but right a round the time I left, business slowed down quite a bit.
great fun work place and good experience
Busser/Server (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 8, 2013
Is a family environment the managers and co workers can communicate at all times. Best part about the job was meeting and getting to know a variety of peoples personalities and lifestyles.
fun environment
Server/Waiter (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 5, 2013
Pros: meeting new people, creating a memorable dining experience.
Cons: tips based. long hours, no real breaks
A typical day would be waiting on guests. Ringing in their orders, bringing them their food and taking payment. Management were fair and co workers turn into great friends. Learned how to multi task, work as a teamwork, and work under pressure.
Productive, enjoyable environment
Dining Server (Former Employee), Rockville, MDOctober 31, 2013
- Fast-paced restaurant
- hard working team
- management helpful
- good food - great customer service
When I had my first buyout at Dave & Buster's
Banquet Chef (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAOctober 28, 2013
I didn't know what a buyout was until my co-workers explained it to me. I thought the buyout was going to be difficult but was very easy! I learned to move in a fast paced and understand the concept of different people also the different kinds of food. The hardest part of the job was to stay in head of the game and make sure everything was good with – more... the food. The most enjoyable part o the job was having the opportunity to experience something new with about 300 people and having my job trust. – less
Good restaurant with poor management
line cook (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYOctober 28, 2013
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: management
Enjoy the environment overall. Enjoy my co-workers. Started with a sufficient amount of hours but have steadily decreased as business has leveled out from the madness of new opening. Management, typical operations are completely lacking sufficiency amongst other aspects. A complete overhaul of management is needed!
productive and fun workplace.
Waitress (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 25, 2013
Pros: my coworkers are the best
Cons: food running
A typical day includes a 5:00 where we learn how our store is doing with sales and our focus for that night. The managers are awesome fun to work with there always willing to help. My coworkers are friendly and outgoing. The hardest part of my job is food running. the best part is the money.
love the restaurant feel
Line cook (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAOctober 22, 2013
Pros: free bowling, games and soda, and billiards
inconsistent management. i love the games and the sports environment. most cooks were always walking off the line when needed. it was too much socializing going on.

About Dave And Busters

Fun and games collide with food and drink at these nightspots. Dave & Buster's Entertainment owns and operates about 55 entertainment – Read more

Dave And Busters Photos