Dave And Busters

Dave And Busters Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun place with many games and people
Waitress (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 19, 2014
A day at dave and busters was very fun and exciting. Getting the chance to meet new people everyday and all the hyper children running around from all the games was just something that brightens a persons day to see so many smiles. Working there I was able to learn so many different things, from learning how to host a party to being able to make different – more... foods and drinks. I can't say I found anything hard about the job it was always fun and easy and since I am always eager to learn new things it just amazed me to do different things everyday. No day was hard or boring. And the most fun part was all the games and the children. To see their faces light up when they see the games just makes a person smile on the inside and out and it brings the child out in you – less
Friendly and fun
Server (Former Employee), Farmingdale, NYFebruary 18, 2014
A typical day at work was to ensure satisfaction and a fun environment for the guests. I learned a lot about organization, time management and being able to work in sync with a larger staff. All of my co workers were a ton of fun and created great relationships at work and after work. Hardest part of the job was the long hours and sometimes being able – more... to balance my school work with my long hours at work but with that came my enhanced knowledge of time management and organization. – less
Productive and fun work place
Front Desk/Hostess (Former Employee), Irvine, CAFebruary 17, 2014
At this job the shifts are long, either working all day or all night. Learned how to sell product, interact with customers, and professionally answer phone calls and speak with guests. Employees of D&B are great! Everyone is so nice and helpful. This is a very enjoyable job.
Could be a lot better
server (Former Employee), Williamsville, NYFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules, quick money
Cons: management and guests
I thought working at Dave and Busters would be great. I loved the commercials that I saw for it on tv and I couldn't wait until I moved to an area that had one. Winter is extremely busy for the location that I worked and sometimes there was a lot of money to be made.

Management was ok. Some were very professional, hardworking, and dedicated to teamwork. – more... Others were lazy, cliquey, and high school like. Most of them did appreciate and applaud you for hard work. Overall I felt appreciated.

The guests are the worst experience when working at D&B, for some reason that place draws lots of scammers. Managers bend the rules too much for the type of negative people it attracts and it has been a steady decline since. Things that are the rules of the establishment, like no one under 21 is allowed without an adult late nights, and 20% auto gratuity applied parties of 8 or more are simply being ignored. People complain about the amounts they are required to tip to management they remove them for absolutely no reason (in turn the servers get nothing and feel like they did something wrong) They show up with parties of 30 or more and sit in the self seating areas, pushing tables together and taking over whole sections meant to be split between 2 or 3 servers for the entire night and management doesn't blink an eye. I've seen guests screaming at servers over how expensive their bills are (not the server's fault) and management comps half if not all of the bill for no reason. These shady people then go tell friends how easy it is to get over on this establishment and that brings more people like that into the place.

Management needs to put their foot down, the customers are not right, most are ignorant fools or drunks past a certain time of night.
I wouldn't be surprised to see that place bankrupt in the next 5 years. – less
Fun...Eat... Play...
Runner (Current Employee), albany nyJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: you get 50% off all forod items & employee game card thats refilled every week
Cons: your breaks go by pretty fast
surrounded by great co workers & guest everyday a typical worker day for me would be making sure our guest leave feeling wonderful & making them feel there welcome to come back any time...Making sure the restautant is neat & clean for our guest comfort & happiness. My duties are to make sure all food & beverage reach the guest as quick as possible & – more... that it gets to the table neat & organized to the guest liking. Ive learned many things but the most important is how to deal with unhappy customers & solving there issue when it a comes up...Management @ Dave & Busters are very helpful when needed they do their best to make sure every employees work environment is comfortable as possible. The hardest thing about my empolyment is that we get many rube guest bu ti try to make there experience @ D&B the best they ever had so they leave feeling better then when they came in. The most enjoyable thing i get to help others of ages from children to the elderly its GREAT!!!! – less
Fun and exciting work environment
Server (Former Employee), Earth City, MOJanuary 29, 2014
Ranked with the top 10 servers in the US for having the most responses to “guest pulse surveys” and the highest rank on said surveys.
Fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: half off on lunch menu
Cons: short breaks or no break at all because they were extremely busy on weekends
My co workers were the absolute best and we were all awesome team players.
Fun-filled place to work
Front Desk Receptionist / Hostess (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2014
fun place to work
Business Analyst Assistant (Former Employee), Munhall, PAJanuary 27, 2014
great pay, minimum wage for AM employees
assistant to the business analyst
constant change in management
eye opening
Server/ Bartender/ Key Hourly (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: never boring
Cons: management
A typical day consist of managing yourself and the co-workers next to you. I learned that just because people are in charge they don't always do the best job.
Disrespectful, and condescending
Server (Former Employee), Earth CityJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: foh staff, boh staff
Cons: management
I wanted to work at a Dave and Busters sense I began the service industry. I was thrown to the wolves. The only thing I was helped with in the restaurant in Earth City was being insulted and criticized on every little detail. I really looked forward to work at a Dave n Busters, I wanted to work no where else until I worked there. Now i no longer work – more... in the industry. – less
Fun environment, great opportunities towards advancement
FRONT DESK/ HOST (Current Employee), West Nyack, NYJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: young managers, decent pay and hours, fun vibe, awesome coworkers.
Cons: could be a little more organized when it comes to planning certain things, but nothing major.
The managers are fairly young, which makes building relationships with coworkers a lot easier on the job. The restaurant itself has an easy going vibe, and it makes work a place you want to go to.
Fun atmosphere to work in, coworkers were great
Server (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: free billiards and bowling
Cons: long hours and some times little business
The daily activities were not only to serve, but to interact with guests, whether it be a discussion of sports or dancing to a song. I learned a bit about the diversity in our community, and to not judge a book by its cover. Management consisted of a team of 6, some were better than others, but for the most part we got along and they got the job done. – more... Co-workers were great, one of the best perks of the job. Hardest part of the job was dealing with certain guests, which was also at times one of the most enjoyable parts of the job. – less
Fun place to work
Mid Way Technician (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: fun to work at, fun co-workers, fun managers sometimes
Cons: drunk customers
Maintenance of Arcade games
Installation of New arcade games
Cleaning and General Maintenance of Arcade games
Programming and set up of new equipment
Installing new Arcade games as well as updates
Making Cat5/6 Cables to connect Arcade equipment to Server room based inside Dave & Busters
General Maintenance of Electronics at the location
Fun workplace, exciting, fast paste, and overbearing.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Providence, RIJanuary 15, 2014
Short lunches and breaks, good health care, late shifts, for example 6 pm to 2:30 am.
Fun atmosphere
Service support (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJanuary 14, 2014
Loved working in the restaurant industry. Fun environment to work in. Co-workers were great and enjoyable people.
fun atmosphere
Runner, Server, Busser and Host (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: learned all positions
Cons: unable to depend on mgmt
fun lively good hours good pay good resources

bad mgmt communication and inspiration
Productive work environment
Deposit Clerk (Current Employee), Hanover, MDJanuary 7, 2014
Typically I come in and work independently. I count the deposit from the day and handle the paperwork. Managers are only used as a second set of eyes to verify the deposit.

Overall it is a good place to work
Fun place to work Good first time waitress experience
Waitress (Former Employee), Houston, TxDecember 29, 2013
Pros: free game play, 1/2 off meals
Cons: n/a
Most week days weren't too busy unless there was a special going on. everyone was pretty friendly that worked there and if you did have a problem the managers were more than happy to help.
your co-workers
Gametech/winnercircle (Former Employee), Farmingdale, NYDecember 24, 2013
Co workers were very nice and understanding, helpfull in everyway.

About Dave And Busters

Fun and games collide with food and drink at these nightspots. Dave & Buster's Entertainment owns and operates about 55 entertainment – Read more

Dave And Busters Photos