Dave And Busters

Dave And Busters Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
love the restaurant feel
Line cook (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAOctober 22, 2013
Pros: free bowling, games and soda, and billiards
inconsistent management. i love the games and the sports environment. most cooks were always walking off the line when needed. it was too much socializing going on.
used to be a great place to work
Line Cook (Current Employee), hollywood flOctober 21, 2013
Pros: free gameplay
Cons: everything else
new procedures are geared to profit management leaving the employees high and dry turn over rate is staggering due to older experienced employees being pushed out a newer employees brought in untill this company focuses on retaining and properly training and compensating its employees this company will continue to decline
Fun place to work
General Service Staff (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 21, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, benefits, fun atmosphere, free games for employees
Cons: discounted lunch only during work hours
Dave & Buster's is a fun place to work, and they are flexible with your schedule (especially with the students). I would not apply to this job if you're looking for full-time work, but as a part-time job, it does well.
Fun Environment but management is poor
Game Technician (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAOctober 17, 2013
Pros: fun environment
Cons: no breaks, poor management
I worked for Dave and busters for 2.5 months never missed a day but i had car troubles and had to miss work and i got fired..they didn't care that i was good at what I do they just fired me.
Great work Environment
Buser (Former Employee), Earth City, MOOctober 17, 2013
Pros: free games, discounted food, good tips
Cons: event/company party season could get hectic
Clean and bus tables, Help wait-staff, run food, and empty trash.
I learned how to handle the public.
Management was down to earth and willing to work with you and your schedule.
Co-workers were a lot of fun.
Wasn't really a hard part to this job.
Most enjoyable was working in the Arcade room and playing games.
Fun environment and great way to meet new people
Redemptions (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAOctober 9, 2013
Pros: fun environment
Cons: no breaks
Working at this company has its ups and downs just like many places. I will admit that the management does need to be better.
Productive and very fun i love kids
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Houston,TxOctober 4, 2013
Dave & Busters is an very fun and energetic place. I love my co workers there all good team workers. The hardest part about the job is seeing little kids cry because they can't get the toy they want.
fun
front desk (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 27, 2013
answered phones, got pool tables, take out orders, boat tokens, party planning, hardest part was the pay it was too low for what I did. enjoyable part my friends n customers there
Coworkers will become family members
Server (Former Employee), Times Square, NYSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: good money
Cons: insurance sucks
It's a fun place to work. The coworker's are helpfull and full of life. The guest are sometimes rude but depends on your attitude. Sometimes you can't win, no matter how nice you are. The only down fall is even if your in the right and theirs conflict managers will always side with the guests. be prepared for high volumn, hyper kids, and kids parties – more... that take up two sections for a 25 dollar grat. – less
Fun atmosphere, terrible pay
Bartender (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VaSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: free food, great experience in fast paced bartending, management is great
Cons: no money
Friday and Saturday shifts at my location ran from 4-2:30 am. If you smoke, forget about it. The GM of this location doesn't allow for cigarette breaks.

My last friday working there we aired the Mayweather fight for free. Needless to say this brought in around 2000 people, the place was packed from 4:30 until 1:30am.

Despite the large amount of people, – more... the bartenders only left with $120 each after a 10.5 hour shift... I sent them my two week notice an hour later.

Serving is a better position at this location. – less
It was fun
Busser (Former Employee), Westlake, OHSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: company events, high rate of pay
Cons: can be hard to keep up on some of the busier days
D&B was very energetic and fun to work at. My job entailed roaming the entire restaurant picking up trash and dishes and bussing tables. Management was professional, but also distant. D&B had a very high volume sales margin, so a work day can be stressful. If you can handle a fast paced, demanding work environment, you will be satisfied with the rewards – more... for D&B. – less
Fun place to work!
Head Mid-Way Auditor/Assistant Department Head (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 17, 2013
Had many titles while I was employed. Learned many things. Was a great place to work. High energy. Was part of great opening team. I miss it.
D&B
Technician (Former Employee), Springdale, OHSeptember 16, 2013
Nothing but a bunch of bottom feeders. I've never seen or even heard of management this bad. Everyone is completely fake and throws everyone else under the bus constantly.

Have more respect for yourself, don't work here.
Very Fast-Paced Environment With Multiple Dining/Bar Atmospheres With Many Billiards Tables
Waitstaff/Cocktail Server (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 15, 2013
Pros: 50% discounted employee meals, great benefits, management development training program to help you work your way up with the company
Cons: no breaks
There is never a typical day at work, it is always fast-paced and upbeat. The second you walk into the building you hear loud music based on Philly's popular demand which creates the perfect first impression of what the building has got to offer...fun.

I have learned a lot working for this Company. I learned important service features such as up selling – more... techniques, and gained the ability to use suggestive selling to promote Dave & Buster's current promotions that offer its guests the best value for their visits.

Work life always has its drama, but at Dave & Busters we may have our issues with one another but never have we ever caused any problems at work that would cause any delay in our work. Every employee in the building has the ability to create and maintain a safe and effective work environment which benefits not only the employees, but for the guest as well.

The hardest part of the job is hands-down getting to know all of the employees throughout the establishment. The building is HUGE and employees over 200 employees so once hired, you are bombarded with getting to know many other workers. Great place to make friends!

The most enjoyable part of my job has to be my relationships with the guests. I thrive in the hospitality industry and love being at service. I love making a difference in a guests life and am very accommodating and outgoing and have the ability to build a strong brief relationship with each and every one of my guests. – less
Not the best employer
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 4, 2013
Managing personal and R&M of a large multi-venue restaurant grossing over $11M annually. Daily operations included (but not limited to) managing guest complaints, quality issues, employee concerns, and repair and maintenance. Over the three years there, I helped grow and secure the restaurant. We were grossing just over $6M annually at the end of my – more... first fiscal year, and over $11M at the end of the last fiscal year I was there. – less
Great Staff Management needs help
Key Hourly Manager, Department Head and Waitstaff (Current Employee), Westbury, NYSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: love bartending and working with co workers
Cons: no advancement or respect
Been with the company for 8 years this month and i am still waiting to be promoted to management. Clients can be difficult and managment staff never around.
fun work place
Support Tech (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 30, 2013
Pros: fun games
Cons: lack of hours
It's a fun place, but they cut employee hours so the company won'thave to spend to much money
Food, Games, and Drinks
Bartender/Trainer (Current Employee), Orange, CAAugust 29, 2013
Pros: 20 dollar weekly allowence for games
Cons: no employee discount
Over-all working at D&B has been a great experience. Learned from some amazing bartenders,
co-workers are truly the heart of this company
Poorly Ran
Manager (Former Employee), Ontario, CAAugust 27, 2013
Pros: good pay, and bonuses
Cons: everything stated above
There is no leadership or consistency with this company. The company allows senior managers to change policy and procedure anytime they feel like doing so. Mostly for the good for that individual. There is no teamwork with the staff or management. Everybody is out for themselves and will bury or throw anyone and everyone under the bus for their good. – more... The waitstaff is the poorest waitstaff i have ever encountered in my 20+ years in this industry. They don't run food, they don't even run their own food. They don't use position points in taking orders, so they auction food when it is finally delivered. They don't do running side work, and don't do closing side work unless told and watched. They milk the time clock and show up late and wonder why they get written up. There is no accountability for their actions, and they blame anything and everything else but themselves. The company pays well, but the trade off is no quality of life. My day sometimes started at 10am, and didn't end sometimes until 1am. There were times when i wouldn't leave there until 4:30 am. The food is all frozen and microwaved. There is nothing fresh about any of the food. The seared Ahi comes already Seared,sliced and frozen. The kitchen manager cares more about his costs than quality. I saw him send out a cheese quesadilla out to a table after sitting in the window for 20 minutes. – less
extremely fun place to work
Server (Former Employee), LawrencevilleAugust 25, 2013
Pros: games, enviroment, money, learning
the cleanest restaurant i have ever seen. very fun, coworkers are great, good money , busy all the time

About Dave And Busters

Fun and games collide with food and drink at these nightspots. Dave & Buster's Entertainment owns and operates about 55 entertainment – Read more

Dave And Busters Photos