Dave And Busters

Dave And Busters Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great job for young people.
Server (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 27, 2014
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: short breaks and a little unprofessional
Management is always helpful, but could be a bit more professional. Coworkers who work like a team strive better. Hardest part was dealing with upset guests, but the best part is making them happy and hearing your service was great!
STABILITY
Head Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Duluth, GAJune 22, 2014
Pros: fun job, great company, good pay
Cons: working holidays, really not a con for me but might be for some
VERY GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR JUST DEPENDS HOW HARD ARE YOU REALLY WILLING TO WORK
Fun workplace
Waitress (Current Employee), Hanover, MDJune 18, 2014
Working here the schedule was very flexible making it convenient to balance work and everyday life. A typical day would be fun, engaging with all types of customers and delivering the best service to make it the greatest experience they ever had. On a daily basis you handle, food, soft drinks, alcohol, money, and credit/debit cards. You also clean up – more... on the daily basis, from sweeping to racking silverware. I've learned to work with a variety of customers and how to interact and provide the best customer service. I learned to work in groups well and individually. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to the fast paced environment. The most enjoyable part was the fast paced environment. – less
Fun workplace.
Waiter (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 11, 2014
Had to trained for five days prior to starting the job to ensure I’ve learned the menu, the suggestions, the timing of service, the various duties required of me along with many other waitstaff skills to learn. The job taught me to be conscious of customer’s attitude and to multi-task on especially busy nights.
Great place to start your career
FOH MANAGER AND SERVER (Current Employee), Roseville, CAJune 7, 2014
Long hours but a great place to start a career in the industry since no other restaurants generate the amount of sales as Dave and Busters. Great team and will work with awesome people. lots of potential for advancement.
Great Place
Server (Current Employee), Virginia beachJune 5, 2014
I love working here! Thats about it. People are great, food is good and the music is current!
Great Corporation to Work For, Unprofessional Management at Most Times
Server (Former Employee), Orland Park, ILJune 4, 2014
Pros: successful business/sales were always high
Cons: unprofessional management
Dave & Buster's is a very successful corporation and is in theory, a good company to work for. The management chosen for the Orland Park location however, was not prepared to open a brand new store. With some exceptions, management was unprofessional with both guests and employees the majority of the time.
Definitely a fun environment to work in
Server (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJune 1, 2014
A typical day at work consist of getting everything prepped and prepared for the rush, I learned you can never get frustrated because it will affect your work day. Management was always around when needed and also helped out tremendously during the busier times. I really loved working with my coworkers they made the day go by faster lots of laughs and – more... jokes to get you through the day. Hardest part of the job is not having a routine to stick to you have to give yourself one to follow. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the satisfied looks on the guest face!! – less
loved it!
Certified Trainer/ Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), dallas,TxMay 29, 2014
fun! fun! and more fun! fast paced! great food! great people! good music! LOTS OF WORK!!!!
busy work place
Captain (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSMay 29, 2014
Pros: free fountain drinks on duty.
Cons: standing all shift long
busy work nights... the volume is loud, and well you meet alot of different folks.
Veru fun
Server (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 28, 2014
Very busy restaurant! You must have patience and hi energy.
Exciting place to work.
Service Support (Former Employee), Westminster, COMay 24, 2014
Go in and do your job. Management was good team. Also had a diverse work crew.
Great place to work in! Fun and exciting!
Server (Current Employee), Arcadia, CAMay 17, 2014
Pros: employee discount on food, play free video games
This is a great place to work in. There is always something different and exciting to do. You can work a normal floor shift, work a private party, or any special event that has been booked. Management and co-workers are great and fun to be around with. The most enjoyable part of my job is that every day is different and you are always meeting new people. – more... Fortunately, I think that because I enjoy what I do, I have no complaints about my job. – less
Fun work enviornment
Line Cook (Former Employee), Albany, NYMay 16, 2014
Fun workplace, however lacks a great deal of teamwork. Managers should lead more by example.
Amazing opportunity
Front Of House Staff/ Corporate Trainer (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDMay 14, 2014
Pros: scheduling flexibility, caring management staff
All staff and Managers are like a second family and I enjoy working with all of them. They have all played a part in my growth and development.
Job with room to grow
Game Technician (Current Employee), Homestead, PAMay 14, 2014
Everyone day I try to learn new things so I have more skills down the road in life
Fast Paced Environment
Front Desk Host (Current Employee), North CarolinaMay 13, 2014
Pros: 1/2 off employee meals, employee game card provided
Cons: breaks rarely provided, managment fails to let employees leave at their scheduled time
-Part-time positions only
-Only busy on the weekends
-Management team is not cohesive
-Management often times fails to recognize staff needs during hours of operation
-Staff is mostly unprofessional
Fun place to play, THE WORST PLACE TO WORK. PERIOD.
Winner's Circle (Former Employee), Westbury, NYMay 1, 2014
Pros: uhhh.....yea, no.
Cons: stressful environment, no life/work balance, long tiring hours
Believe it or not, working in the Winner's Circle (the place where you count your tickets and get prizes) is extremely stressful. Only take this job if you have A TON of patience. No matter how nice you are, people will STILL treat you like you're nothing and be rude to you. Children are never supervised by their parents so they ask you a million questions – more... over and over. Adults act like children. People act like its your fault that they can't get their way... very stressful. You have to restock and clean up the mess your customers make... they just throw anything anywhere. Be prepared to be asked "how much is this?" at least 600 times a day from your customers!!

Management is okay but it really depends on the store. Pay was better before -- new hires only make an avg of 9/hr. THAT IS NOT worth the amount of stress you face at this job! Managers expect you to work long hours (like 5pm-2am) every weekend, and barely rotate schedules for day shifts. They "mistakenly" schedule you on days you can't work, and make it your problem to get someone to cover for you. Managers act like the job is a piece of cake but really they don't understand the stress and crazy people we had to deal with on a daily basis.

Other than that, there is a lot of job security because they promote from within. Managers at the stores have worked for D&B for a while before getting that title. Also you get half off food (only during your shift), you are not allowed to play the games, and you can't drink there. YAY......

Listen, if you want to work at D&B I DO NOT recommend doing Winner's Circle. Truthfully, I don't recommend working here at all. Try the Front Desk instead, their job is a lot less stressful... they just answer phones and sell the cards to play the games. – less
Bad Management, Great Staff
Game Technician (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 1, 2014
Pros: opportunity to learn, good experience for entry level electronics repair
Cons: education is not provided, must persistently ask questions from other coworkers to gain knowledge, bad management
Working with the technicians on a daily basis was the best part about the job. A definite comraderie is present each day on the floor. Unfortunately the company does not seem to take management very seriously in the midway and often professionalism and training is lacking.
great people
Server (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 24, 2014
I enjoyed the customers I had the chance to serve and make their time memorable.

About Dave And Busters

Fun and games collide with food and drink at these nightspots. Dave & Buster's Entertainment owns and operates about 55 entertainment – Read more

Dave And Busters Photos