Dave And Busters

Dave And Busters Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Fun Workplace
Senior Server and Special Events Server (Current Employee), Concord, ONJuly 17, 2014
A typical day at work is preparing the micros stations and ensuring all of the tables are clean and ready for guests. Have a smile on your face at all times and make sure each guest is always happy and satisfied. It is important to maintain the back of house and ensure all team members know their nightly duties and responsibilities.
Summer Job
Waiter (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMarch 31, 2014
I worked here as a waiter for less than a year. I only wanted to save money to pay for school fees and it was mainly for the summer, but I ended up working until Christmas.
Most of the staff were students like myself, so I was among people I had a lot in common with. It was a fun experience overall.
Great place to work A+++
Assistant Technology Manager (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONNovember 21, 2012
Pros: great work enviroment and half priced food
Cons: horrible pay and hours
Amamzing staff and manager but poor very poor pay and long hours
Productive work place always busy.
Winners Circle Clerk (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONApril 17, 2012
Pros: half price on food while working.
Cons: long shifts.
At Dave & Busters there are always long but good shifts. While there i was able to learn how to help customers better and communicate with my co-workers better too. The management was sturdy and were always on top of things. I never really found anything hard about the job, sure it got busy but what work place doesnt. My most enjoyable part of the job – more... was the games and food. – less
Great money and lots of fun!
Bartender/ server (Current Employee), CAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: awesome work environment & great opportunities for growth
Cons: the clientele can be tough
There is nothing better than loving where you work. One of the best management teams, co-workers and environments I have ever worked in.
FUN to work at, if you like a fast pace
Waitress (Current Employee), Livonia, MIAugust 25, 2014
Co-workers are phenomenal and become family quickly. Very fast pace environment. Management needs improvement but is learning quickly.
It was a great learning expereince
Special Events Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 15, 2014
I enjoyed marketing and selling to different people through out the Houston area. I learned how to be a leader in the workplace and a wonderful customer service associate.
Good company, has some flaws
Sr. Quality Assurance Coordinator (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 14, 2014
This is overall a great company, but they get a little too focused on money and the bottom line before their employees.
Awesome environment, excellent co-workers. Can be very unorganized.
Administrative (Former Employee), Maple Grove, MNAugust 9, 2014
Pros: free game play, awesome co-workers.
Cons: no breaks and stressful.
A typical work day could be anywhere from fun and laid back to very stressful and crazy. i learned how to handle myself in a high paced environment and how to keep my calm. My co-workers are amazing and its like one huge family. Management is okay, could be more educated and organized.
Ok but not the best
Deposits Clerk (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 7, 2014
Cons: no breaks
Simple job, almost repetitive. Customer's attitudes cause the job to be stressful.
Fun Work environment good and approachable management
Bartender (Current Employee), Hollywood, FLAugust 6, 2014
Pros: fun, busy
Cons: only part time work available
It is a good place to work you are encouraged to have fun at work. It is a very busy environment which is good for people in the service industry.
Great place to work with great benefits, but was notorious for terrible managers.
Waiter (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 4, 2014
Pros: great benefits and co-workers.
Cons: management
Fun place to work with more than 200 employees that some how all got along and socialized outside of work like a big family despite their job description. Dave and Busters at the time also had an incredible benefits package that included a 401k, health insurance, and paid vacation. In the end I left because business dropped off immensely and managers – more... were so bad it seemed they came and went through a rotating door. – less
Fun place to work
Certified Trainer (Former Employee), Duluth, GAAugust 1, 2014
Pros: half off employee meals, flexible schedule
Cons: long hours at times
The management staff was always very helpful. The schedules are flexible. The pay if average for a server, but the tips tend to be higher b/c of the traffic flow into the store. Promotions from within the company are always considered before hiring outside.
The atmosphere was great
Front Desk clerk (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 31, 2014
Pros: great guest
Cons: management
The job itself was lots of fun. The managers were not professional or nice
Great place with great people.
Several different positions (Former Employee), West Nyack, NYJuly 30, 2014
Working at Dave and Buster's was a great experience. I was able to meet some of my very best friends there, while learning how to conduct the best customer service I could provide. The management was always great.
Experience is what you make it
Front Desk & Host (Former Employee), Concord, NCJuly 23, 2014
Pros: 1/2 of food when you work a shift, game card with reloaded ships every week, brag bucks for going above & beyond
Cons: long shifts, dealing with rude drunk/high people, part time employment after obamacare went into effect
Its a company that is all about work. They preach a lot about family environment, but don't do anything to really show it unless your a "favorite." If your looking for a place that will work you into the ground and not reward you for it, and where you will have to pick up the extra slack of others because they can get away with it, then this is the – more... place for you! Also, managers will take their personal problems out on you when they become stressed out, and it will be on the floor in front of guests. Which will in turn give the guest the right to disrespect you, and if you act out, you get in trouble. It also doesn't matter if you go in everyday with a great attitude, because someone will ruin it. They will make it their personal mission to. My advice, is to find a group of people that you can rely on and stick with them. No matter how awful the rest of the building is, they will make your time there awesome, like my time was. Because they help you ignore all the other things that's going on, the unfair behavior, the stuff you can't control, and makes going to work every day worth it because they are there. And no matter how busy you are, no matter how many people are yelling at you, no matter how many people have disrespected you for no reason, because you have that core group of awesome people that you work with, your days and nights are great. The job may not be great, but the experience is what you make it, and I made it great. – less
Great place
Banquet Chef (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 8, 2014
That was my first cooking job out of culinary School. I would work thee again if I can rehire again but it was great place
Grate place to work as a teen
Crew Member (Former Employee), Hanover, MDJuly 7, 2014
Pros: grate place
Cons: scheduling
Pros – Great health benefits. 401K match, holiday parties and gift give aways. Company does invest in technology and try to create a positive work place. Free parking. Catered lunches. Team sports, team building.
fast pace fun environment
Bartender (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 2, 2014
Great company to work for, that has plenty of perks co-workers and managers are always fun to be around.
Great business with a fun atmosphere
Area Operations Manager (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSJuly 2, 2014
Pros: fun enviroment
Cons: hours and location
Loved the job, it was a growing and fast environment with the start of Power and Light.

1 2 3 4 5

About Dave And Busters

Fun and games collide with food and drink at these nightspots. Dave & Buster's Entertainment owns and operates about 55 entertainment – Read more

Dave And Busters Photos