Dave And Busters

Dave And Busters Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun and productive
Line Cook (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 3, 2015
i learned how to cook new things the staff members were amazing and the hardest part of my job was not eating the food because it looked delicious
Dave & Busters
Service Support (Current Employee), Vaughan OntarioOctober 23, 2014
Pros: long hours
Cons: not enough shifts
The typical day at dave and busters is full of tedious work but the people make it better. the problem is that the managers dont communicate well and theres no open forum to trade shifts so its difficult to swap or trade shifts. otherwise its not that bad
Productive and Fun Workplace
Senior Server and Special Events Server (Current Employee), Concord, ONJuly 17, 2014
A typical day at work is preparing the micros stations and ensuring all of the tables are clean and ready for guests. Have a smile on your face at all times and make sure each guest is always happy and satisfied. It is important to maintain the back of house and ensure all team members know their nightly duties and responsibilities.
Summer Job
Waiter (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMarch 31, 2014
I worked here as a waiter for less than a year. I only wanted to save money to pay for school fees and it was mainly for the summer, but I ended up working until Christmas.
Most of the staff were students like myself, so I was among people I had a lot in common with. It was a fun experience overall.
Great place to work A+++
Assistant Technology Manager (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONNovember 21, 2012
Pros: great work enviroment and half priced food
Cons: horrible pay and hours
Amamzing staff and manager but poor very poor pay and long hours
Productive work place always busy.
Winners Circle Clerk (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONApril 17, 2012
Pros: half price on food while working.
Cons: long shifts.
At Dave & Busters there are always long but good shifts. While there i was able to learn how to help customers better and communicate with my co-workers better too. The management was sturdy and were always on top of things. I never really found anything hard about the job, sure it got busy but what work place doesnt. My most enjoyable part of the job was the games and food.
Family like atmosphere and great people to work with
Captain (Current Employee), Addison, ILJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: meeting new people, greeting our guests.......
Cons: health care could be better, management could be more consistent
I'm the first person you see when you walk in and the last one you see when you leave, always with a cheerful smile......I learned how to patiently answer guests' questions and guide them in the right direction, my co-workers are the best people I've ever worked with. We are a big family. Sometimes, the hardest part about this job not letting people's attitude or moods affect how you do the job but I still do my best.
Bad
Customers Service Representative (Former Employee), Addison, ILJanuary 22, 2015
I learned that the place was bad.
So I stopped working there.
fun place to work, they have arcade games.
hostess/winner circle attendant (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: money, food, atmosphere.
Cons: hours, coworkers, drama, and bosses.
typical day is its always busy and crazy. I learned how to handle tickets and lable and price the prizes. the bosses weren't really helpful or nice. the coworkers were nothing but drama and gossip and like to pick on people. hardest part of the job was working with the rude customers and coworkers. the most enjoyable part was the atmosphere of the work place and all the colors and lights, the food was pretty good.
busy place
Waitress (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Very busy , the employees are great the hours are long and side work keeps you after
Only good if you want to play "the game"
Front of House (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: decent money, lot of jobs, steady business
Cons: workplace politics, do nothing and absentee management, lots of loafers
There are a few good things about this place, they have plenty of jobs, pay pretty well and have a steady stream of business. Because their business model is focused on "fun" they tend to push this idea to extremes, resulting in an extremely juvenile atmosphere. I get the idea of embracing fun for the sake of the customers, but at some point like any job work needs to be done. From my experience management does not seem to realize this. They treat everyone like a child and are paranoid about theft, they kept everything under lock and key. About 40% of my job was running around trying to find a manager who had the keys, and then running around trying to return the keys so I didn't get accused of theft. This was pretty hard to do since managers were hands off individuals, always disappearing or engrossed in the minutiae of their headsets and not the big picture. They acted like they were doing me a favor by giving me keys for things. The other 60% of my time was spent feverishly trying to catch up from all the time wasted running around. As a result I had little time to embrace the manic culture that is really all they care about.

The company really weeds out talent based on its cult like emphasis of style over substance. As a result loafers and intellectual lightweights are propelled up the ladder and join the do nothing management club. It's a shame because if they just tweaked their values it would be an excellent place to work. Therefore my rating of 2.0 is subjective -- if you actually want to work you won't go far here. If you want to act like an absurd clown and pretend to work you will probably do fine.
Definite pros and cons
SWAG Crew (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: healthcare, half-priced meals, free games, supportive co-workers, supportive managers
Cons: dealing with drunk and hostile guests, hours spent on your feet, dj music is deafeningly loud wed through sat, co-workers who don't pull their weight
Work in SWAG can be fun and fast-paced, but can easily become overwhelming and stressful. It depends a great deal on the quality of the guests as well as the quality of your co-workers.

Do not apply for the position if you cannot handle working around kids or drunk people. They are are a constant presence at D&B and cannot be avoided.

Do not apply for the position if you think this sounds like an easy job for easy money.

SWAG is essentially working a small high traffic toy store inside a bar/arcade. Employees have to count tickets, check out people at a register, constantly restock over the course of the day and night, be constantly cleaning to keep the shop presentable as possible, be able to memorize or look up prices for guests, and provide customer service to those guests who need help (no matter their temperament or age).

This job can be made easier and even fun by fellow employees who work hard and pull their weight together. However, co-workers who prove to be lazy will usually be stuck on tickets or the register and be relatively ignored by senior co-workers.

Management, for the most part, is supportive and helpful, so long as you communicate with them.
Fun Place to work
Food Service Worker and Trainer (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 8, 2015
great. fun. exciting. there is a lot to do. never a boring day. on your feet 100 percent of the time
Chaotic and Fun
Server (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 7, 2015
Dave & Busters was an entertaining place to work while I was there. No day was ever the same; one day would be filled with banquets while the next day I could be cocktailing or serving in the dining room. Week nights were typically slow and steady while weekends were busy non stop.
Great company to work for.
Administrative assistant/ Front desk attendant (Current Employee), Marietta, GAJanuary 6, 2015
The best part of my job is that it does not seem like work. The staff is fun and helpful and the management team are great leaders.
Waitstaff
Waitstaff (Former Employee), Westlake, OHJanuary 5, 2015
Great Place
Management problems
Great Pay
Team work was great
This is a great place to visit, eat and play games.
Waitress (Current Employee), ClackamasDecember 16, 2014
Pros: we get free game cards as employees and 50% off our meals.
Cons: breaks hardly are ever given.
Working at Dave and Busters a has definitely been a good experience. Ive had my ups and downs, but I understand his is a new company, with all new employees.

Ive learned that in every company, there are going to be small problems. But the best way to fix them, is to be calm, and ask as many questions that are needed.

The management staff is new. I understand that opening a new store is extremely stressful. I think once this store has been around for at leas a year, everything will be a lot more smooth than it is now.

The hardest part of this job is when people get up from their tables to go play games after they have ate their meals. People sometimes forget to pay for their meals. It happens, but it should be avoided.

The most enjoyable part about this job is that we have all kinds of games on. Die hard sports fans will come in and will stay all night for he game. We have great food and beer tubes. Who can go wrong with a beer tube!?
Hard Work, but potential for good pay
Cashier, Server, and Busser (Current Employee), Springfield OhioDecember 12, 2014
Pros: good pay if you work hard
Cons: bad management, gets really busy, stressful
The job can be a lot of fun, but generally it's just hard. It gets really busy and the managers don't really know what their doing a lot of the time. It would definitely benefit from a more structured management team. Each manager seems to have a varying degree of knowledge with the workings of Dave and Busters, so some of them tend to be a bit useless at times. That aside the guests can be really fun to talk to, and when you get 200 dollars in tips on a Saturday night you can't complain too much.
Eat, Play,Win
Service (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 7, 2014
Everyday was a smooth day, we all worked as a team to were everything was brought out on time. My most favorite part of the job is the great guest that come into our establishment. They would always make my day.
Learned alot as far as customer service
Server (Former Employee), Indianapolis, IndianaDecember 2, 2014
I was able to meet a lot of interesting and fun people in this type of environment. This is an extremely fun and exciting place to work if you allow it to be. At times, you are going to get worked 25-40 hours in 3 days, so be prepared for that. You will not struggle getting hours in this workplace.

1 2 3 4 5

About Dave And Busters

Fun and games collide with food and drink at these nightspots. Dave & Buster's Entertainment owns and operates about 55 entertainment – Read more