Dave And Busters

Dave And Busters Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Fun Workplace
Senior Server and Special Events Server (Current Employee), Concord, ONJuly 17, 2014
A typical day at work is preparing the micros stations and ensuring all of the tables are clean and ready for guests. Have a smile on your face at all times and make sure each guest is always happy and satisfied. It is important to maintain the back of house and ensure all team members know their nightly duties and responsibilities.
Summer Job
Waiter (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMarch 31, 2014
I worked here as a waiter for less than a year. I only wanted to save money to pay for school fees and it was mainly for the summer, but I ended up working until Christmas.
Most of the staff were students like myself, so I was among people I had a lot in common with. It was a fun experience overall.
Great place to work A+++
Assistant Technology Manager (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONNovember 21, 2012
Pros: great work enviroment and half priced food
Cons: horrible pay and hours
Amamzing staff and manager but poor very poor pay and long hours
Productive work place always busy.
Winners Circle Clerk (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONApril 17, 2012
Pros: half price on food while working.
Cons: long shifts.
At Dave & Busters there are always long but good shifts. While there i was able to learn how to help customers better and communicate with my co-workers better too. The management was sturdy and were always on top of things. I never really found anything hard about the job, sure it got busy but what work place doesnt. My most enjoyable part of the job – more... was the games and food. – less
Very fast paced work enviorment
Department Trainer (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: fun work enviorment, great coworkers
Cons: no breaks, unreal expectations
I learned a lot about kitchen sanitation, rules and regulations involved in working with food. My department was the prize section and the most enjoyable part of my job here at Dave & Busters was the look on peoples faces when they found out how many tickets they won. The management team was not the best, they seemed to be all over the place and showed – more... signs of disorganization, I got along with my management staff very well despite the problems they had as a team. My coworkers are the reason I stayed longer because they were so happy all the time and we all made the best out of the hectic workdays. It was an overall fun place to work when working with the people in each department versus working with management. – less
My Role at Dave and Busters.
Server (Former Employee), Maple Grove, MNSeptember 15, 2014
Giving excellent guest service. In this role I have to push sales, identify up-selling opportunities, suggestive selling, and maintain Safe Service. This has taught me how to deal with people and hone my sales experience. I have also been entrusted to be a train new employees. While training, I have to teach new employees the Dave and Busters way of – more... doing things as well as teaching them what I have found to be some valuable techniques. – less
Fun place to work
Deposits/Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), Orland Park, ILSeptember 15, 2014
D & B is not only a fun place and they are dedicated to people that are continuing there education. They believe in family values and make it a place that you want to work at.
very fun place to work
Receptionist/Front Desk (Former Employee), Braintree, MASeptember 13, 2014
it was always fun to be there. the people and the overall job was very fun .
Definitely a fun place to work
Server (Former Employee), New YorkSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: host/serve for many different parties, discounted meals, employee recognition and prizes for selling promotions
Cons: many hours were cut from full-time to part-time and people lost their benefits
Definitely a fun place to work as employee relations were encouraged.
Fun Company
Captain (Former Employee), Dallas.TexasSeptember 4, 2014
Check people's ID as they come in. Maintain lobby clean at all times. I learned how to interact with people.
great company to work for as a starter
Assistant manager (Former Employee), West Nyack, NYSeptember 4, 2014
if you are in college looking for a part time gig this is a great job to work for
Great place to work with unlimited potential
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 3, 2014
I started off as a line cook with Dave & Buster's and moved myself up through hard work and determination.

A typical day at Dave & Buster's would be hard to say because of all the numerous changes in menu's and procedures with training and development we had in place.

My co-workers were awesome and very knowledgeable in the area's of expertise they – more... were in.

Hardest part of my job would have been putting in my notice of resignation due to moving out of state for family reasons.

Most enjoyable part of my job would have to be working with all the great staff and corporate backing they had for EVERYONE. – less
Great money and lots of fun!
Bartender/ server (Current Employee), CAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: awesome work environment & great opportunities for growth
Cons: the clientele can be tough
There is nothing better than loving where you work. One of the best management teams, co-workers and environments I have ever worked in.
Fun workplace
Host/Waitress/Winners Circle (Current Employee), Roseville, CAAugust 27, 2014
I have worked there for a little over a year, great people fun environment. I also have worked all departments at Dave and Busters.
FUN to work at, if you like a fast pace
Waitress (Current Employee), Livonia, MIAugust 25, 2014
Co-workers are phenomenal and become family quickly. Very fast pace environment. Management needs improvement but is learning quickly.
It was a great learning expereince
Special Events Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 15, 2014
I enjoyed marketing and selling to different people through out the Houston area. I learned how to be a leader in the workplace and a wonderful customer service associate.
Good company, has some flaws
Sr. Quality Assurance Coordinator (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 14, 2014
This is overall a great company, but they get a little too focused on money and the bottom line before their employees.
Awesome environment, excellent co-workers. Can be very unorganized.
Administrative (Former Employee), Maple Grove, MNAugust 9, 2014
Pros: free game play, awesome co-workers.
Cons: no breaks and stressful.
A typical work day could be anywhere from fun and laid back to very stressful and crazy. i learned how to handle myself in a high paced environment and how to keep my calm. My co-workers are amazing and its like one huge family. Management is okay, could be more educated and organized.
Ok but not the best
Deposits Clerk (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 7, 2014
Cons: no breaks
Simple job, almost repetitive. Customer's attitudes cause the job to be stressful.
Fun Work environment good and approachable management
Bartender (Current Employee), Hollywood, FLAugust 6, 2014
Pros: fun, busy
Cons: only part time work available
It is a good place to work you are encouraged to have fun at work. It is a very busy environment which is good for people in the service industry.

1 2 3 4 5

About Dave And Busters

Fun and games collide with food and drink at these nightspots. Dave & Buster's Entertainment owns and operates about 55 entertainment – Read more

Dave And Busters Photos