Dave & Buster's

Dave & Buster's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun and productive
Line Cook (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 3, 2015
i learned how to cook new things the staff members were amazing and the hardest part of my job was not eating the food because it looked delicious
Dave & Busters
Service Support (Current Employee), Vaughan OntarioOctober 23, 2014
Pros: long hours
Cons: not enough shifts
The typical day at dave and busters is full of tedious work but the people make it better. the problem is that the managers dont communicate well and theres no open forum to trade shifts so its difficult to swap or trade shifts. otherwise its not that bad
Productive and Fun Workplace
Senior Server and Special Events Server (Current Employee), Concord, ONJuly 17, 2014
A typical day at work is preparing the micros stations and ensuring all of the tables are clean and ready for guests. Have a smile on your face at all times and make sure each guest is always happy and satisfied. It is important to maintain the back of house and ensure all team members know their nightly duties and responsibilities.
Summer Job
Waiter (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMarch 31, 2014
I worked here as a waiter for less than a year. I only wanted to save money to pay for school fees and it was mainly for the summer, but I ended up working until Christmas.
Most of the staff were students like myself, so I was among people I had a lot in common with. It was a fun experience overall.
Great place to work A+++
Assistant Technology Manager (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONNovember 21, 2012
Pros: great work enviroment and half priced food
Cons: horrible pay and hours
Amamzing staff and manager but poor very poor pay and long hours
Productive work place always busy.
Winners Circle Clerk (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONApril 17, 2012
Pros: half price on food while working.
Cons: long shifts.
At Dave & Busters there are always long but good shifts. While there i was able to learn how to help customers better and communicate with my co-workers better too. The management was sturdy and were always on top of things. I never really found anything hard about the job, sure it got busy but what work place doesnt. My most enjoyable part of the job was the games and food.
A learning experince
Winner Circle (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: long breaks
Cons: n/a
This was a somewhat learning experience. I learned how hotel rooms are cleaned. My co workers were very nice. The hardest part was the constant bending but other than that it was cool.
Really great place!
Bartender (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 1, 2015
I worked there for 4 years and absolutely loved it. It is a lot of work and management expects your best, but that's a great thing. I learned so much from working here.
Innovative Fun Brand!
National Tourism Sales & Marketing (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: fast paced fun environment!
Cons: no room to advance without relocation
Dave & Buster's is an amazing, innovative brand in the largest growth period in it's 32 year history! I have been lucky enough to watch the company double in size in my 10 years here.
Fun Fun Fun
Winner Circle (Former Employee), CrossgatesFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: free game play & discount food
Cons: hours, you get out really late some days
You have to have your game face on Before you walk in until you punch out, which could be at 2:00 in the morning. Got to keep an eye on kids and drunks while working. Great job for College kids without tons of HW
Productive and great environment to work
Winner Circle Staff (Current Employee), Austin TexasFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great environment, fun co-workers
Cons: short breakes, low wage
Working at Dave And Busters is a great place to have your first job, management is great and helpful, sometimes the guest can be hard to work with but most are friendly and nice.
Awesome Job
COCKTAIL SERVER/BARTENDER (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: free food free games
Cons: sometimes the money would suck
A typical day at work would be arriving on time to work full of energy and on time. Working here I've learned it's just as important to ensure childrens' satisfaction as it is adults, D&B is a great family establishment. Co-workers all awesome and I miss them very much although we all still keep in contact. Hardest part of my job, I would have to say is working with so many kids. Though I wasn't trained for it, I did get the hang of things really fast. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the great food and awesome atmosphere.
A non-stop fun house!
Banquet Server (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIFebruary 18, 2015
By far the best company I have ever worked for. The managment staff is very professional but want more than anything for the employees to have fun and make money. Wonderful promotions and inscentives for both the guests and the employees.
Not everyone can do it
Server/Waiter (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: the money, co workers, the flexibility with schedules
Cons: hardly ever get breaks, communication, also flexibility with schedules
It takes a strong person and server to work at Dave and Busters. Dave and Busters is not like any place I have ever worked. It is very chaotic, and sometimes it is hard to communicate with the managers. Especially because your message might not be communicated with the whole management team. I enjoy working here because it is fast paced, I get to meet someone new every day and I get to try and make my positive impact on someones life.
Fun fast paced
Captain (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: 50 % off food
Cons: not able to take full breaks
Start at front door enforcing company policies such as ID assessment. Setting up party areas(placing tables,chairs,buffets,linens,cleaning. Cleaning arcade(clearing cocktail tables of glassware,sweeping floors,servicing games,cleaning/re-stocking bathroom. Ive learned how to deal with guests not obeying company polices.Management ok Co-workers ok seem a little over worked at times. Clearing building at closing time dealing with intoxicated guests.Get to work outside in sunshine and scheduling is accommodating.
Hate this Place
Midway (Current Employee), Westbury, NYFebruary 16, 2015
Cons: almost everything
At first I really enjoyed this job, but then there was a management change, the head management GM and AGM treat others like peasants, have no respect for their employees
funplace
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Manchester, CTFebruary 4, 2015
I have no issues with this company it is a fun place to work and they take care of their employees. They have a great benefits package and quality of life matters to them
Restaurant & Arcade Photographer/ Social Media Intern at the
Restaurant Photographer & Social Media Intern (Former Employee), 234 W 42nd St, 3 FlrFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: no benefits
Working with the management team before each shift to understand what the new weekly promotions were and take photos to market them throughout your shift. Then approach different guests and ask them if you can take their photos for the Facebook page and also make the photos into keychains for a profit.

You learned how to work in a fast-pace environment and provide quick customer service. You were also a brand ambassador that helped make the day at Dave & Buster's memorable for the guests.

The hardest part of the job was finding the customers to give them their keychains.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being apart of the family's day at the restaurant and arcade. Many times people were there to celebrate their birthdays.
A family entertainment facility
Amusement Manager (Former Employee), Hanover, MDFebruary 2, 2015
The best part of the job was working in a venue that I have been a part of for 37+ years. Entertaining the guests with the venue was very rewarding. Teaching and training the game techs so they could advance in the company was an added plus. The hardest part of the job was to work with parts of management with a background in food service and have them understand the amusment venue.
Fast-Paced Work Environment
Captain (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: 50% off meals while on the clock
Cons: discount only applies while on the clock
As a Captain at Dave and Buster's, you're responsible for monitoring the front door to ensure that each guest who enters the building has a valid ID, is at least 18 years or older, or accompanied by a 25 year old adult. When you are not at the door, you are responsible to monitor the midway area to maintain a degree of cleanliness of the facility and order among the guests inside of the building. Captains at Dave and Busters are expected to provide managerial support in which ever way it may be required. Captains are also responsible for conflict resolution and problem solving for our guests. Captains assist the wait staff in busier times, while providing support to game technicians and the winner's circle employees as well.

About Dave & Buster's

Dave & Buster's, Inc. (Dave & Buster’s) is an owner and operator of entertainment and dining venues in North America. – Read more

Dave & Buster's Photos