Davaco Inc. Employee Reviews

horrible job
Lead Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 18, 2016
out of 1 month that I had this job I worked 5 days...the person I worked with was verbally abusive..after getting yelled at about 5 times I walked out...the dude was delusional and kept saying that I was telling him how to do his job...wow...no job is worth that...you have to share a hotel with the person your working with...so if their not such a nice person,or they snore, or just a slob...your stuck...and they make you sign a paper that say's that you owe them for all the equipment they give you..which is ok if you actually get it...in my case they didn't send me my lap top, printer or anything else... so after I quit they sent all that to collections...So they say I now owe them over 1000 dollars for equipment I didn't even get..This is a messed up company
Pros
Cons
a fast way to get bad credit...not so nice people
Pure politics no merits required
Head Foreman (Former Employee) –  CanandaMarch 4, 2016
This is an excellent company to work for if you are one to get by on political skill. i consider myself a pretty good carpenter i ran a 10 man crew for Davao for 2 years never an issue. 2 months before i was let go they hired a new manager for my project. i was told multipler time by multiple parties to watch my back because some feels threatened by me. Probably because i was offered his job and turned it down to stay in the field. sure enough 2 months later i review was written by my new manager. essentially stating half truth and full lies this did not matter one bit. they also knew it was not true considering i got 2 months severance pay. if slander wasn't the hardest things to prove in court that is where i would be.
Pros
get to travel
Cons
cant just do a good job and go home. have to play the games
davaco jobs
Independant contractor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 31, 2016
temp jobs.
Travel where ever a new job site is set to and then you either drive out there and spend the night in hotels or you get picked up as a local
Temp position
Project Coordinator, Walgreens Project (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 10, 2015
It was an okay place to work for a temp job. Very difficult work. There really wasn't any procedure set up on how to do it. Everything was being worked on by ear, so to speak.
Manager took care of her own people.
Pros
Some people were nice.
Cons
There was a very bothersome co worker.
Great Temporary job opportunity.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CaSeptember 9, 2015
Got along with all of the employees and managers on each job siting. Really fast pace but yet relax atmosphere to work for. i enjoyed it very much. Great way to earn in experience in warehouse and labor work.
Job was fun, management sucks
Brand Visual Specialist, Nike Account (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 21, 2015
Only worked here for less than a year. Management called a company-wide meeting to tell everyone that there were to be no more layoffs, but to sustain the company everyone was getting a 3% pay cut. They laid me off a week later - the last day of the month, so I didn't have insurance the very next day. They do not take care of their people.
Fun place to work
Field Rep (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 2, 2015
If you love to travel and you are a people person this is the place for you. With this company you will travel all over the US and Canada setting up stores.
Pros
Free travel
Cons
down time from work is October through January
Challenging place to work, but its worth the knowledge
Assistant Retail Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 26, 2015
Davaco gave me the opportunity to be a better leader on larger scale of retail service. Challenging, but if you don't mind living on the road long period of time, its a great place to work
Good place to work if you like to travel a lot
Lead merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 21, 2015
Was a great place to work in the beginning but the jobs became slow to come by. I learned a great deal about all areas of merchandizing. Good co-workers
Project Coordination
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 5, 2015
Diverse company with opportunity for growth.
Constantly changing responsibilities. Face-paced, high volume. I enjoy the staff that I work with.
Rude, insensitive
N/a (Former Employee) –  MarionJuly 2, 2015
The management I went through for this company was completely rude and unprofessional. Hanging up on me, over talking me, and belittling me. I would never refer anyone to this company.
I did not know what the next thing was coming next
Electrician/Leader (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 17, 2015
When I would get my assignment most of the time it would be out of state. I would some times be away from home for sometimes two months at a time.
Pros
I was paid very well for being out of town
Cons
most of the time we were working out of town
Davaco
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 12, 2015
A typical day at work was showing up to whichever store you are assigned to. We would clean and restock as the team leader set the shelves. The management was good. The hardest part of the job was staying busy. I was use to doing everything that a merchandiser is hired for. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the team leader with getting the tags on. I have to stay busy.
Merchandising
Product Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 18, 2015
Typical day at work is unload truck set fixtures and merchandise the store. A lot of fun traveling and seeing different places
people were helpful.
Merchandising Specialist (Current Employee) –  Medford New YorkFebruary 11, 2015
At times on lunch break team members or supervisors would offer to buy breakfast.Everybody cooperated and got job done on time.
Pros
Team work
Cons
long hours sometimes one would have to do overtime.
It was a ok place to work
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 8, 2015
The co-workers were great! Was not a real fan of work-life balance, they need to improve that.
Pros
Lots of employee engagement
Cons
compensation could be better and better benefits
Pretty good Job
Reset Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 6, 2014
Partnered successfully with clients to produce positive outcome.
Strengthened company's business by leading implementation of project.
Trained, coached and mentored staff to ensure smooth adoption of new program.
Worked directly with clients, departments to achieve result.
Implemented innovative programs to increase employee loyalty and reduce turnover.
Created new revenue streams through actions.
Hired and trained 3 and more of my staff.
Prepared food items consistently and in compliance with recipes, portioning, cooking and waste control
guidelines.
Managed kitchen staff by recruiting, selecting, hiring, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling,
supervising, evaluating and enforcing discipline when necessary.
Verified proper portion sizes and consistently attned high food quality standards.
Maintained updated knowledge of local competition and restaurant industry trends.
Developed menus, pricing and special food offerings to increase revenue and customer satisfaction.
Led shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required
specifications.
Regularly interacted with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
Inspected kitchens to observe food preparation quality and service, food appearance and cleanliness of
production and service areas.
Properly labeled and stored all raw food ingredients including produce, meat, fish, poultry, dairy and
dry goods in the appropriate storage room, walk-in refrigerator, freezer or cooler.
Changed and sanitized all cutting boards, benches and surfaces when beginning a new
  more... task to avoid
cross-contamination.
Positively engaged with customers, offering menu information, providing suggestions and showing
Construction
Lead Foreman (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 21, 2014
Davaco services many clients needs across the United States with minor to major rollouts. A lot of travel and time away from home can be expected if you work in the field. You must be able to work with all types of individuals in a professional manor while completing the clients requests.
Great part time work
Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2014
the work slows up in the fall/winter. Great company for additional income.
Pros
great workers for company
Cons
finding consistent work
People are great at this company
HR assistant and recruiter (Former Employee) –  DallasAugust 29, 2014
Pleasant and appreciated the professional atmosphere and great group of employees.
Pros
Employees were fun and considerate
Cons
Job was contract

2.8