Davaco Inc. Employee Reviews

horrible job
Lead Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 18, 2016
out of 1 month that I had this job I worked 5 days...the person I worked with was verbally abusive..after getting yelled at about 5 times I walked out...the dude was delusional and kept saying that I was telling him how to do his job...wow...no job is worth that...you have to share a hotel with the person your working with...so if their not such a nice person,or they snore, or just a slob...your stuck...and they make you sign a paper that say's that you owe them for all the equipment they give you..which is ok if you actually get it...in my case they didn't send me my lap top, printer or anything else... so after I quit they sent all that to collections...So they say I now owe them over 1000 dollars for equipment I didn't even get..This is a messed up company
Pros
Cons
a fast way to get bad credit...not so nice people
Pure politics no merits required
Head Foreman (Former Employee) –  CanandaMarch 4, 2016
This is an excellent company to work for if you are one to get by on political skill. i consider myself a pretty good carpenter i ran a 10 man crew for Davao for 2 years never an issue. 2 months before i was let go they hired a new manager for my project. i was told multipler time by multiple parties to watch my back because some feels threatened by me. Probably because i was offered his job and turned it down to stay in the field. sure enough 2 months later i review was written by my new manager. essentially stating half truth and full lies this did not matter one bit. they also knew it was not true considering i got 2 months severance pay. if slander wasn't the hardest things to prove in court that is where i would be.
Pros
get to travel
Cons
cant just do a good job and go home. have to play the games
This company needs improvement.
Lead Foreman (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 29, 2016
After going through a long application and finally getting on the job it was not the hours I was told would be available. In three weeks I averaged 33hrs per week then got sent home to wait and wonder if even still have a job. Approach this company with caution. Ask plenty of questions up front because you will have plenty once you start working for DAVACO.
Pros
Phone per diem
Cons
Out of town for weeks
Love my job but management leaves much to be desired.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  NationwideSeptember 3, 2016
I have worked for this company for over 5 years and the longer I stay the more disappointed I get. If you do anything that doesn't meet the expectations of the pm you get punished by sitting at home. And they just leave you to guess what you did. It was a good job for a little while.
Pros
Not much anymore
Cons
Not enough communication from management.
This companie is very bad
Intaller. (Former Employee) –  NationwideSeptember 20, 2016
Sorry but I share my traveling with crazy guy hi lost in the trash the merchandise and I don't now how but hi talk with the project managers and sei is my fold is very stupid people never call me and attention. In me person so if you the managers red this managers call me any time my phone assisting immediately
Good Company
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 26, 2016
Lots of travel required throughout the united states.
Some of the best people I've ever worked with.
If it wasn't for the 300 + days on the road I'd still be there.
Great people to work with
Feild Manager (Former Employee) –  NationwideAugust 8, 2014
I was with Davaco for 4 years. 90% of work was over night. The office is very supportive and easily accessible. Heavy travel and the company has high expectations of its employees. There is room for advancement throughout the company. This is a great company for single people or those with adult children. The compensation is at an above average rate with the opportunity for overtime. The travel is the hardest part of this job. The people I have worked with during my 4 years became like family. Most of the office personnel will go above the call of duty to assist you with whatever comes up. The Coke Project is by far the best team to work with or for and they have the best that Davaco has to offer.
Pros
Extreme Travel
Cons
Extreme Travel
davaco jobs
Independant contractor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 31, 2016
temp jobs.
Travel where ever a new job site is set to and then you either drive out there and spend the night in hotels or you get picked up as a local
Job was fun, management sucks
Brand Visual Specialist, Nike Account (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 21, 2015
Only worked here for less than a year. Management called a company-wide meeting to tell everyone that there were to be no more layoffs, but to sustain the company everyone was getting a 3% pay cut. They laid me off a week later - the last day of the month, so I didn't have insurance the very next day. They do not take care of their people.
Productive Company with Remodels, Resets and New Stores
Lead Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TxSeptember 24, 2013
Davaco is a great Company to work for. I am looking to expand my career and not travel as much. I have worked on New stores, remodels and resets. I enjoy what I do currently but would like to utilize my Management skills and experience without as much travel.
Pros
Quality Company to work for.
Cons
100% Travel
It was a ok place to work
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 8, 2015
The co-workers were great! Was not a real fan of work-life balance, they need to improve that.
Pros
Lots of employee engagement
Cons
compensation could be better and better benefits
Travel all over the Usa
Lead Product Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 4, 2013
A typical day at work, Making sure I have a good game plan for my team that flows and always trying to keep the Client happy and outdoing the goals for the day, I have learned to be able to multitask and supervise a crew anywhere from 2 to 6 people to make sure the deadline happens on time or before schedule.
My management has always done a great job to make sure I have what I need to get the job done. My coworkers are great it is always a pleasure working with them, each person brings something different to the table.The hardest part of the job is making sure the client stays pleased and when a obstacle becomes in the way to be able to overcome it and still be able to get the job complete on time. Most enjoyable part is knowing when you are finished knowing you did a excellent job and everyone is happy
Pros
Being able to get paid to see the United states
Cons
The food perdiem is low
No Training and your just a number
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  AtlantaJanuary 12, 2014
Great PT work, you will never see a full time role unless you work in the corporate office which is really a boring place to be with this company.
There is no training if your working out in the field and all you have is a lead person who also has little to no training.
You do control your schedule and work load but if you do not accept work they will slowly get rid of you and bring in another PT worker to replace you.
They pay under the required mileage rate by IRS, you have to share a room with someone if you travel (to cheap of a company to give you a single room) and they only pay $20.00 dollar's a day for meal's??

There is no growth, no support and you are just a number and person to help them fill there job's.
Pros
You make your schedule and no true person to report to.
Cons
No growth, support and poor management
No way would I recommend this company
Lead Formen/Master Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Main officce ; Dallas TXMarch 3, 2012
Poor quality management, none of which have any field experience. Personnel sacrifices are vast and heart wrenching.
Pros
not many here.
Cons
not consistent work, work 6 weeks, off for 5 months, no management support, no chance for advancement, low pay, field managers are incompentent, not a family concern company
Great company, but very little growth opportunity
Regional Visual Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 21, 2014
Worked and 60-80 hour work weeks on a part-time schedule creating store set-ups for department stores, athletic stores (i.e. Dick's Sporting Goods), and new Nike Factory Outlet stores throughout the East Coast. Trained store's team members on visual standards, product knowledge and floor set up.

The lead member of my team was great! Enjoyed a fun, productive work environment and learned quite a bit about the brand.

Co-workers are life-long friends now!

Hardest part of the job was the long hours that sometimes occurred two-weeks in a row.

Most enjoyable part of the job was building great relationships with team members and store teams, getting to meet so many awesome people, and being paid properly for my hard work.
Davaco is very disconnected with its field employees..
Lead working field superintendant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 2, 2014
Davaco is a very stressful environment. with a high turnover rate due to the strict time restraints. Employees must be self motivated and able to perform to a very high standard, Pre-work inspection, performance and execute a finished product usually in less than 12 hours.

Management and field direction is very limited and almost all construction execution is determined by its field employees.

Lack of sleep sometimes we will work and travel 23 to 28 hours straight.

Satisfaction upon your completion of a project and knowing that your performance was appreciated by the Davaco customer.
Pros
Lots of overtime and minimal amount of management in the field.
Cons
No family life and very little sleep.
Temp position
Project Coordinator, Walgreens Project (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 10, 2015
It was an okay place to work for a temp job. Very difficult work. There really wasn't any procedure set up on how to do it. Everything was being worked on by ear, so to speak.
Manager took care of her own people.
Pros
Some people were nice.
Cons
There was a very bothersome co worker.
poor company and culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 8, 2014
Company culture is poor and the higher level management at corporate does not care about the employees this company has really headed south in the last year or so and there is constant turnover in alot of departments
Pros
Cons
poor culture and management
Rude, insensitive
N/a (Former Employee) –  MarionJuly 2, 2015
The management I went through for this company was completely rude and unprofessional. Hanging up on me, over talking me, and belittling me. I would never refer anyone to this company.
Davaco
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 12, 2015
A typical day at work was showing up to whichever store you are assigned to. We would clean and restock as the team leader set the shelves. The management was good. The hardest part of the job was staying busy. I was use to doing everything that a merchandiser is hired for. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the team leader with getting the tags on. I have to stay busy.

2.9