Davaco Inc. Employee Reviews

Horrible coworkers... terrible computers and prgrams
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX17 October 2016
I was a corporate employee...all I can say is do not even consider working here unless you enjoy working with immature, not so bright coworkers. Also the office equipment such as computers and office chairs are horribly outdated and dilapidated. Management holds admin and mid level employees responsible for managers lack of work and communication. I basically felt like a baby sitter for adults who made three times my salary. One of the WORST jobs I ever had!
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Great place to build a team
Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, Texas18 September 2016
My typical days consisted of training and dividing work amongst my team. We worked overnight in multiple cities. Reading blueprints and confirming job completion through stages of the project. Organized travel for team via airlines and hotel stay.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Long periods of time away from family
Love my job but management leaves much to be desired.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Nationwide3 September 2016
I have worked for this company for over 5 years and the longer I stay the more disappointed I get. If you do anything that doesn't meet the expectations of the pm you get punished by sitting at home. And they just leave you to guess what you did. It was a good job for a little while.
Pros
Not much anymore
Cons
Not enough communication from management.
Flexible working environment
Senior Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New York, NY2 December 2016
Most accounts you can set your own schedule. Lots of travel throughout the New York metropolitan area. Usually work independently but on occasion will work with a team. Overall a good company to work for if you need flexibility in work schedule.
Pros
Flexible hours
This company needs improvement.
Lead Foreman (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA29 August 2016
After going through a long application and finally getting on the job it was not the hours I was told would be available. In three weeks I averaged 33hrs per week then got sent home to wait and wonder if even still have a job. Approach this company with caution. Ask plenty of questions up front because you will have plenty once you start working for DAVACO.
Pros
Phone per diem
Cons
Out of town for weeks
This companie is very bad
Intaller. (Former Employee) –  Nationwide20 September 2016
Sorry but I share my traveling with crazy guy hi lost in the trash the merchandise and I don't now how but hi talk with the project managers and sei is my fold is very stupid people never call me and attention. In me person so if you the managers red this managers call me any time my phone assisting immediately
smile
Lead Foreman (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX24 December 2016
pricks to work with at night a company full of white boys taking
caffeine pills to stay woke at night...... not my type enviroment
Pure politics no merits required
Head Foreman (Former Employee) –  Cananda4 March 2016
This is an excellent company to work for if you are one to get by on political skill. i consider myself a pretty good carpenter i ran a 10 man crew for Davao for 2 years never an issue. 2 months before i was let go they hired a new manager for my project. i was told multipler time by multiple parties to watch my back because some feels threatened by me. Probably because i was offered his job and turned it down to stay in the field. sure enough 2 months later i review was written by my new manager. essentially stating half truth and full lies this did not matter one bit. they also knew it was not true considering i got 2 months severance pay. if slander wasn't the hardest things to prove in court that is where i would be.
Pros
get to travel
Cons
cant just do a good job and go home. have to play the games
Great people to work with
Feild Manager (Former Employee) –  Nationwide8 August 2014
I was with Davaco for 4 years. 90% of work was over night. The office is very supportive and easily accessible. Heavy travel and the company has high expectations of its employees. There is room for advancement throughout the company. This is a great company for single people or those with adult children. The compensation is at an above average rate with the opportunity for overtime. The travel is the hardest part of this job. The people I have worked with during my 4 years became like family. Most of the office personnel will go above the call of duty to assist you with whatever comes up. The Coke Project is by far the best team to work with or for and they have the best that Davaco has to offer.
Pros
Extreme Travel
Cons
Extreme Travel
Productive Company with Remodels, Resets and New Stores
Lead Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Dallas, Tx24 September 2013
Davaco is a great Company to work for. I am looking to expand my career and not travel as much. I have worked on New stores, remodels and resets. I enjoy what I do currently but would like to utilize my Management skills and experience without as much travel.
Pros
Quality Company to work for.
Cons
100% Travel
Travel all over the Usa
Lead Product Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX4 September 2013
A typical day at work, Making sure I have a good game plan for my team that flows and always trying to keep the Client happy and outdoing the goals for the day, I have learned to be able to multitask and supervise a crew anywhere from 2 to 6 people to make sure the deadline happens on time or before schedule.
My management has always done a great job to make sure I have what I need to get the job done. My coworkers are great it is always a pleasure working with them, each person brings something different to the table.The hardest part of the job is making sure the client stays pleased and when a obstacle becomes in the way to be able to overcome it and still be able to get the job complete on time. Most enjoyable part is knowing when you are finished knowing you did a excellent job and everyone is happy
Pros
Being able to get paid to see the United states
Cons
The food perdiem is low
Good Company
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX26 April 2016
Lots of travel required throughout the united states.
Some of the best people I've ever worked with.
If it wasn't for the 300 + days on the road I'd still be there.
No Training and your just a number
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Atlanta12 January 2014
Great PT work, you will never see a full time role unless you work in the corporate office which is really a boring place to be with this company.
There is no training if your working out in the field and all you have is a lead person who also has little to no training.
You do control your schedule and work load but if you do not accept work they will slowly get rid of you and bring in another PT worker to replace you.
They pay under the required mileage rate by IRS, you have to share a room with someone if you travel (to cheap of a company to give you a single room) and they only pay $20.00 dollar's a day for meal's??

There is no growth, no support and you are just a number and person to help them fill there job's.
Pros
You make your schedule and no true person to report to.
Cons
No growth, support and poor management
No way would I recommend this company
Lead Formen/Master Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Main officce ; Dallas TX3 March 2012
Poor quality management, none of which have any field experience. Personnel sacrifices are vast and heart wrenching.
Pros
not many here.
Cons
not consistent work, work 6 weeks, off for 5 months, no management support, no chance for advancement, low pay, field managers are incompentent, not a family concern company
Great company, but very little growth opportunity
Regional Visual Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX21 February 2014
Worked and 60-80 hour work weeks on a part-time schedule creating store set-ups for department stores, athletic stores (i.e. Dick's Sporting Goods), and new Nike Factory Outlet stores throughout the East Coast. Trained store's team members on visual standards, product knowledge and floor set up.

The lead member of my team was great! Enjoyed a fun, productive work environment and learned quite a bit about the brand.

Co-workers are life-long friends now!

Hardest part of the job was the long hours that sometimes occurred two-weeks in a row.

Most enjoyable part of the job was building great relationships with team members and store teams, getting to meet so many awesome people, and being paid properly for my hard work.
Davaco is very disconnected with its field employees..
Lead working field superintendant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX2 August 2014
Davaco is a very stressful environment. with a high turnover rate due to the strict time restraints. Employees must be self motivated and able to perform to a very high standard, Pre-work inspection, performance and execute a finished product usually in less than 12 hours.

Management and field direction is very limited and almost all construction execution is determined by its field employees.

Lack of sleep sometimes we will work and travel 23 to 28 hours straight.

Satisfaction upon your completion of a project and knowing that your performance was appreciated by the Davaco customer.
Pros
Lots of overtime and minimal amount of management in the field.
Cons
No family life and very little sleep.
It was a ok place to work
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX8 January 2015
The co-workers were great! Was not a real fan of work-life balance, they need to improve that.
Pros
Lots of employee engagement
Cons
compensation could be better and better benefits
poor company and culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX8 May 2014
Company culture is poor and the higher level management at corporate does not care about the employees this company has really headed south in the last year or so and there is constant turnover in alot of departments
Pros
Cons
poor culture and management
Job was fun, management sucks
Brand Visual Specialist, Nike Account (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX21 August 2015
Only worked here for less than a year. Management called a company-wide meeting to tell everyone that there were to be no more layoffs, but to sustain the company everyone was getting a 3% pay cut. They laid me off a week later - the last day of the month, so I didn't have insurance the very next day. They do not take care of their people.
Supervisor / Team Lead / Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX22 January 2014
The company is very professional and provides great opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Salary is good.
Cons
Seasonal work

2.9