Davaco Inc. Employee Reviews

Horrible coworkers... terrible computers and prgrams
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX17 October 2016
I was a corporate employee...all I can say is do not even consider working here unless you enjoy working with immature, not so bright coworkers. Also the office equipment such as computers and office chairs are horribly outdated and dilapidated. Management holds admin and mid level employees responsible for managers lack of work and communication. I basically felt like a baby sitter for adults who made three times my salary. One of the WORST jobs I ever had!
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
This companie is very bad
Intaller. (Former Employee) –  Nationwide20 September 2016
Sorry but I share my traveling with crazy guy hi lost in the trash the merchandise and I don't now how but hi talk with the project managers and sei is my fold is very stupid people never call me and attention. In me person so if you the managers red this managers call me any time my phone assisting immediately
Great place to build a team
Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, Texas18 September 2016
My typical days consisted of training and dividing work amongst my team. We worked overnight in multiple cities. Reading blueprints and confirming job completion through stages of the project. Organized travel for team via airlines and hotel stay.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Long periods of time away from family
Love my job but management leaves much to be desired.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Nationwide3 September 2016
I have worked for this company for over 5 years and the longer I stay the more disappointed I get. If you do anything that doesn't meet the expectations of the pm you get punished by sitting at home. And they just leave you to guess what you did. It was a good job for a little while.
Pros
Not much anymore
Cons
Not enough communication from management.
This company needs improvement.
Lead Foreman (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA29 August 2016
After going through a long application and finally getting on the job it was not the hours I was told would be available. In three weeks I averaged 33hrs per week then got sent home to wait and wonder if even still have a job. Approach this company with caution. Ask plenty of questions up front because you will have plenty once you start working for DAVACO.
Pros
Phone per diem
Cons
Out of town for weeks
Good Company
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX26 April 2016
Lots of travel required throughout the united states.
Some of the best people I've ever worked with.
If it wasn't for the 300 + days on the road I'd still be there.
Pure politics no merits required
Head Foreman (Former Employee) –  Cananda4 March 2016
This is an excellent company to work for if you are one to get by on political skill. i consider myself a pretty good carpenter i ran a 10 man crew for Davao for 2 years never an issue. 2 months before i was let go they hired a new manager for my project. i was told multipler time by multiple parties to watch my back because some feels threatened by me. Probably because i was offered his job and turned it down to stay in the field. sure enough 2 months later i review was written by my new manager. essentially stating half truth and full lies this did not matter one bit. they also knew it was not true considering i got 2 months severance pay. if slander wasn't the hardest things to prove in court that is where i would be.
Pros
get to travel
Cons
cant just do a good job and go home. have to play the games
davaco jobs
Independant contractor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA31 January 2016
temp jobs.
Travel where ever a new job site is set to and then you either drive out there and spend the night in hotels or you get picked up as a local
Temp position
Project Coordinator, Walgreens Project (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX10 October 2015
It was an okay place to work for a temp job. Very difficult work. There really wasn't any procedure set up on how to do it. Everything was being worked on by ear, so to speak.
Manager took care of her own people.
Pros
Some people were nice.
Cons
There was a very bothersome co worker.
Great Temporary job opportunity.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Temecula, Ca9 September 2015
Got along with all of the employees and managers on each job siting. Really fast pace but yet relax atmosphere to work for. i enjoyed it very much. Great way to earn in experience in warehouse and labor work.
Job was fun, management sucks
Brand Visual Specialist, Nike Account (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX21 August 2015
Only worked here for less than a year. Management called a company-wide meeting to tell everyone that there were to be no more layoffs, but to sustain the company everyone was getting a 3% pay cut. They laid me off a week later - the last day of the month, so I didn't have insurance the very next day. They do not take care of their people.
Fun place to work
Field Rep (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX2 August 2015
If you love to travel and you are a people person this is the place for you. With this company you will travel all over the US and Canada setting up stores.
Pros
Free travel
Cons
down time from work is October through January
Challenging place to work, but its worth the knowledge
Assistant Retail Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX26 July 2015
Davaco gave me the opportunity to be a better leader on larger scale of retail service. Challenging, but if you don't mind living on the road long period of time, its a great place to work
Good place to work if you like to travel a lot
Lead merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX21 July 2015
Was a great place to work in the beginning but the jobs became slow to come by. I learned a great deal about all areas of merchandizing. Good co-workers
Project Coordination
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX5 July 2015
Diverse company with opportunity for growth.
Constantly changing responsibilities. Face-paced, high volume. I enjoy the staff that I work with.
Rude, insensitive
N/a (Former Employee) –  Marion2 July 2015
The management I went through for this company was completely rude and unprofessional. Hanging up on me, over talking me, and belittling me. I would never refer anyone to this company.
I did not know what the next thing was coming next
Electrician/Leader (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX17 April 2015
When I would get my assignment most of the time it would be out of state. I would some times be away from home for sometimes two months at a time.
Pros
I was paid very well for being out of town
Cons
most of the time we were working out of town
Davaco
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL12 March 2015
A typical day at work was showing up to whichever store you are assigned to. We would clean and restock as the team leader set the shelves. The management was good. The hardest part of the job was staying busy. I was use to doing everything that a merchandiser is hired for. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the team leader with getting the tags on. I have to stay busy.
Merchandising
Product Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX18 February 2015
Typical day at work is unload truck set fixtures and merchandise the store. A lot of fun traveling and seeing different places
people were helpful.
Merchandising Specialist (Current Employee) –  Medford New York11 February 2015
At times on lunch break team members or supervisors would offer to buy breakfast.Everybody cooperated and got job done on time.
Pros
Team work
Cons
long hours sometimes one would have to do overtime.

2.7