Our company is a global leader in the development of wireless web access products and services. We offer a series of wireless web access devices and related web delivery platforms, including tablets, netbooks and other industry-leading web browsing devices. With major operations in Europe, Canada, China and India, we are currently seeking an HR Manager to head our human resources department. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing organization located in Old Montreal. In this role the candidate will have the following set of responsibilities:
- Reporting directly to the Chief Technology Officer, manage the Human Resources portfolio of the company’s Montreal office and effectively lead the fulfillment of rapidly-growing talent acquisition and retention needs. Develop, implement and (where applicable) improve appropriate HR policies, processes and systems.
- In consultation with relevant department heads, conduct and prioritize talent needs assessments, write job descriptions and postings, effectively reach target recruitment candidates, screen and interview candidates, , schedule and coordinate interviews, recommend candidates for hire, present offers, manage onboarding, plan training, establish and develop key performance indicators, compensation and benefits, periodic performance evaluation, foster employee retention and appreciation, professional development, and all other relevant HR processes.
- In collaboration with the webmaster and other staff, develop and update content for the Careers section of the corporate website, the company’s LinkedIn page and other relevant media.
- Keep abreast of industry best practices. Provide advice and counsel to managers on company policies, employment laws, and employee relation issues. Ensure comprehensive and consistent compliance with all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws, regulations and norms (e.g. Normes du Travail, Pay Equity Act)
Key Qualifications to take on this role include:
- Bachelors/Diploma/Certificate in Human Resources or Industrial Relations or equivalent experience.
- Thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment and is able to manage multiple projects and priorities effectively.
- Proven ability to recruit and retain top talent, positively motivate staff while fostering a collaborative, team-oriented work environment.
- Demonstrates a flawless command of the English language (written and oral), and has at least a working knowledge of French (written and oral). Bilingual much preferred.
- Atleast 2+ years of successful experience in Human Resources / Recruitment, preferably in the high tech or consumer electronics industry.
- Outgoing, energetic, proactive and collaborative thinker with a desire to build a long-term career within the company and be an integral factor in its success.
- Conseiller en ressources humaines agréé (CRHA) desired but not required.
The company offers the following :
- A very competitive salary commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
- A very convenient access to Public transportation.
- An exceptional opportunity to build a budding career helping an exceptional Canadian technology company bound to take an increasing prominent place in the marketplace.
This is an exciting chance to work with one of the most distinct consumer electronics companies with an increasing headcount. If you consider that this might be a venue wherein you could contribute towards the company’s distinct Human resource needs with your education, skill, experience & competence, please introduce yourself with your English language resume for a quick review and consideration.
Indeed - 10 months ago