Dasro requires one (1) qualified resource to work in the Purchasing Department, in our client's Regina office, to provide procurement support related to operating and capital projects.
Duties may include, but are not limited to;
- Prepare and administer formal and informal competitive bids in accordance with Purchasing Policies.
- Review and analyze bid responses to ensure compliance with all requirements.
- Authorize and issue purchase orders in compliance with Purchasing Policies.
- Monitor and control the Stores inventory level determining items and quantity requirements to ensure project availability.
- Coordinate the delivery from vendors ensuring that the required goods and services are delivered to meet the corporate requirements.
- Monitor and analyze potential purchases for opportunities to add value through price, quality, delivery, volume discounts and any additional corporate initiatives.
- Maintain information as required by purchasing procedures in either the corporate database system and/or the purchasing file for future reference.
- Ensure compliance with any and all applicable corporate standards, policies and practices, legislation and regulatory requirements.
Candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Business Administration or Commerce Certificate.
- Knowledge of purchasing principles and practices normally attained through enrolment in the professional development program with courses leading to a SCMP certification, or any combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent.
- Two (2) years experience in the purchasing profession.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Valid Class 5 driver's license.