Dart Employee Reviews

Work
Inspector and Packer (Former Employee) –  Horse Cave, KY 4274913 January 2017
Fist day i learn where everything was. Second day at work, I started working at my spot, with someone training. In a week i learn all about the product and what i was looking for. I did not have a hard time learning. I am fast at learning so i would not have someone by my side all the time. I try my hardest at the job I do.
Pros
Learn fast
Cons
Don't ask question.
Overall the company is a good place to work if you don't mind working in excessive heat
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Federalsburg, MD19 December 2016
A typical work day is really busy and I learn a lot about quality and being able to learn quickly on the job training.

Management seems to really want workers to get a position that they really like.

Hardest part of job is working in the heat in the inside and leaving when it's cold outside.

Most enjoyable part of the day is learning various things about the job.
Family Business
Finance and Accounting Intern (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IA15 November 2016
Flexible schedules, enjoy the fast pace environment, everyone care about one another. Owners really look out for everyone and fit all of their needs.
Serious Environment
Integration Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX8 November 2016
I just learned how to work professionally. All progressive have done base on team effort. I have learned how to lead people and give them motivation to get better performance in their duties
Uncaring.
Coach Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX2 November 2016
Uncaring about you or your family. Unprofessional and unorganized. Fortunate to have a job here, but definitely not happy. So I'm just passing through.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
Doesn't care for employees at all.
nice people and great place
Spare Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GA20 October 2016
Held meeting every morning. Ordered special parts for projects needed and helped the maintenance manager. Did scope tours for plant. All the employees seemed to care about each other
Pros
great work place
Cons
salary alittle low
Customer Information Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX13 October 2016
Busy day,learned the Mapso of Dallas,Co workers were co workers,hardest part of the job is making sure customer was satisfied with route information, It was somewhat a good company to work for.
Pros
Free T-shirts, Lunch
Cons
Breaks
Has good benefits
Inspector Packer (Current Employee) –  Horse Cave, KY30 August 2016
It is very hot during the summer days.
I enjoy working with my co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is to work during the day in the heat.
Great workplace
Packer (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GA29 August 2016
At this job i learned how to work in various temperatures overall i would have loved for it to have been better contained heat wise. The management was very understanding in the matter of us needing AC.
Pros
Long lunches
Cons
The temperature
Texas Short Hual
Dedicated & Regional Contractor Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, TX17 July 2016
They get you home as more than anyone I've seen but the miles they promise as an Contractor/Lessor won't pay for anything. They state they will get you 2,200 to 2,500 miles a week when they actually get you 1,300 to 1,600. I made 3,300 of the possible 9,000 over a six period. Not worth the time.
Pros
Home Time
Cons
Money
closed too soon
Shipping Clerk Solo Cup (Former Employee) –  Chino, CA13 July 2016
Unable to give an accurate review. They were not around long enough to give one. The people were easy to work with, Training was thorough and informative
Productive work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL29 June 2016
A typical day of work was to pay good attention on the job. I learned how to concentrate and make sure things were done correctly. The hardest part of the job was making a mistake because then that would ruin the whole production. What was the most enjoyable part of my job was being able to meet co-workers and getting help by them , also being able to train new workers.
Productiv and fun enviroment
Packer (Former Employee) –  Horse Cave, KY10 June 2016
Friendly office staff. Helpful co-workers. Fast paced. Great benefits. Holiday parties. Hot in summer months. Opportunities to move up in the company.
Mechanic - LRV (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX2 June 2016
Dart has excellent benefits and pay. Shift work is hard for the family life. Great place to learn and train. All the staff are professional and very understanding.
Pros
Benefits, pay, great enviroment
Cons
shift work changes every 6 months
Productive fast, past and fun.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TX5 May 2016
I Loved this Job it helped my speed with my hands. And my coordinations. I also I learned how to be a dependable worker.
I'm rehireable
Pros
Birthday and holidayd dinner
Cons
Healthcare
Good Benefits, too much smoke
Inspector Packer (Former Employee) –  Horse Cave, KY3 May 2016
Good job really good co workers, good benefits needs better ventilation to get rid of smoke from the many cups that catch fire.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
smoke
Bus operator and customer handling (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX24 February 2016
It's federal public transportation and it's quit hard job but a lot of fun parts like met different people every day. Help the needy one like ADA personnel ( American Disability Act).
a ok company
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX31 October 2015
extra board is hard for bus operator who have children, not knowing your schedule for the next day until after3pm is difficult to make plans in the future
Pros
job security
Cons
no breaks
i'd drive across the country
driver (Former Employee) –  ann arbor michigan11 September 2015
Truck driving is not for everyone but Dart made it as least difficult as it could be. I got a lot f good runs and the dispatchers tried to work with me regarding my schedule.
Pros
hard work
Cons
hard work
Productive and lively environment
Marketing Rep (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX20 July 2015
Working for Dallas Area Rapid Transit has been a blast. The company is very well put together and the benefits are great. A typical day at work for me consist of basic trip planning around the metropolis. I learn a lot about the city of Dallas seeing how I'm originally from North Carolina. Also I've learned how to use the software here at DART (Trapeze). My team here at DART has been very helpful, most of them a seasoned employees and are the best at what they do. Their really is nothing hard about my job because I enjoy it. The most enjoyable part is knowing that I helped someone, that's where I get my satisfaction . Pure customer Service !
Pros
Benefits, Comfortable environment