Dart Employee Reviews

Great workplace
Packer (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAAugust 29, 2016
At this job i learned how to work in various temperatures overall i would have loved for it to have been better contained heat wise. The management was very understanding in the matter of us needing AC.
Pros
Long lunches
Cons
The temperature
Texas Short Hual
Dedicated & Regional Contractor Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, TXJuly 17, 2016
They get you home as more than anyone I've seen but the miles they promise as an Contractor/Lessor won't pay for anything. They state they will get you 2,200 to 2,500 miles a week when they actually get you 1,300 to 1,600. I made 3,300 of the possible 9,000 over a six period. Not worth the time.
Pros
Home Time
Cons
Money
closed too soon
Shipping Clerk Solo Cup (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJuly 13, 2016
Unable to give an accurate review. They were not around long enough to give one. The people were easy to work with, Training was thorough and informative
Productive work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 29, 2016
A typical day of work was to pay good attention on the job. I learned how to concentrate and make sure things were done correctly. The hardest part of the job was making a mistake because then that would ruin the whole production. What was the most enjoyable part of my job was being able to meet co-workers and getting help by them , also being able to train new workers.
Productiv and fun enviroment
Packer (Former Employee) –  Horse Cave, KYJune 10, 2016
Friendly office staff. Helpful co-workers. Fast paced. Great benefits. Holiday parties. Hot in summer months. Opportunities to move up in the company.
Mechanic - LRV (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 2, 2016
Dart has excellent benefits and pay. Shift work is hard for the family life. Great place to learn and train. All the staff are professional and very understanding.
Pros
Benefits, pay, great enviroment
Cons
shift work changes every 6 months
Productive fast, past and fun.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXMay 5, 2016
I Loved this Job it helped my speed with my hands. And my coordinations. I also I learned how to be a dependable worker.
I'm rehireable
Pros
Birthday and holidayd dinner
Cons
Healthcare
Good Benefits, too much smoke
Inspector Packer (Former Employee) –  Horse Cave, KYMay 3, 2016
Good job really good co workers, good benefits needs better ventilation to get rid of smoke from the many cups that catch fire.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
smoke
Bus operator and customer handling (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 24, 2016
It's federal public transportation and it's quit hard job but a lot of fun parts like met different people every day. Help the needy one like ADA personnel ( American Disability Act).
a ok company
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 31, 2015
extra board is hard for bus operator who have children, not knowing your schedule for the next day until after3pm is difficult to make plans in the future
Pros
job security
Cons
no breaks
i'd drive across the country
driver (Former Employee) –  ann arbor michiganSeptember 11, 2015
Truck driving is not for everyone but Dart made it as least difficult as it could be. I got a lot f good runs and the dispatchers tried to work with me regarding my schedule.
Pros
hard work
Cons
hard work
Productive and lively environment
Marketing Rep (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 20, 2015
Working for Dallas Area Rapid Transit has been a blast. The company is very well put together and the benefits are great. A typical day at work for me consist of basic trip planning around the metropolis. I learn a lot about the city of Dallas seeing how I'm originally from North Carolina. Also I've learned how to use the software here at DART (Trapeze). My team here at DART has been very helpful, most of them a seasoned employees and are the best at what they do. Their really is nothing hard about my job because I enjoy it. The most enjoyable part is knowing that I helped someone, that's where I get my satisfaction . Pure customer Service !
Pros
Benefits, Comfortable environment
Productive, enjoyable place to work
Quality Auditor (Current Employee) –  Thomaston, GAJune 28, 2015
Team work oriented shifts that help each other in any way possible. I enjoy my responsibilities that are required of me to maintain a quality, safe and dependable product.
Pros
12 hour shifts
Cons
Night shift
Friendly Work Environment
Eligibility Specialist /Travel Trainer (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 24, 2015
Interview 5-10 clients 3 days a week for eligibility for using Paratransit bus. 2 days a week are set aside for paperwork involving Americans with Disabilities issues regarding eligibility for paratransit.
Very friendly atmosphere and supportive management.
Most co-workers are approachable and helpful.
Fast paced
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mason, MiJune 19, 2015
Good Communication and self-work ethics. As a Dart employee you a given the time to do your work as well as the resources to complete them.
Productive and fun and always opportunity for advancement....I've been promoted twice while working for this company.
Inventory Control (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 15, 2015
enjoyable workkplace
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 1, 2015
driving from one state to another making deliveries on time and the hardest part in during winter when you drove through snow and ice. the enjoyable part of driving is seeing the beauty of each state you go through at certain times of the year.
Pros
they had once a year lunches for drivers and gave out t-shirts and awards
Cons
no health care and not much time at home
productive and fun place to work
Smart Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Dallas TxOctober 4, 2014
driving public transportation in and timely and safe manner also providing customer service
Pruductive place with advancemet oppertunites
Machine Operator II (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILAugust 19, 2014
A ggood place to work at a lot of room for advance ment .You have hot day's working in hot oven's and . Your alwy's learning something new every day it was alway's an adventure every day. You have a wonderful management team the had an open door policy and was ther for you if you needed them. Co-worker's were great everyone was alway's helping each othe out wheen needed. The hardest part of the job was when it took a little longer to fix something and your line was down for a long period of time. The most enjoyable part was when ypu got to help someone out and train someone new.
Pros
having get together's dong compay activite's
Cons
being very hot some day's with no a/c
Your life will never be the same
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 6, 2014
The job is not hard as far as transporting passengers. Dealing with the public is a task at every job. The management never tries to hear the worker out. Customers are always right? Not all the time. I haven't been happy at DART for the past 3 years.