Dart Container

Dart Container Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Start
Production Mechanic (Former Employee), Aurora, ILOctober 16, 2013
Workn at Dart was alrit just da rotating schedule a big dislike.. Over all good clean place to work in.
NOT THE COMPANY YOU WOULD WANT TO WORK FOR.
SLAVE (Current Employee), Lithonia GAOctober 11, 2013
Cons: everything about this company
HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK... RUN FOR THE HILLS... Management is not professional and Human Resources staff is USELESS.. Employees gossip and spread rumors like wildfire when they "claim" to have a no gossiping policy. WHAT A JOKE.. Better off working at McDonalds....
A revolving door
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Horse Cave, KYOctober 11, 2013
very unfair treatment of black people, place full of drug addicts, not a place to work if you serve God
Good manufacturing company that is growing
Instructional Trainer (Current Employee), Lansing, MIOctober 7, 2013
Company is growing and is experiencing growing pains. Overall great place to work, most people are all great to work with.
DART CONTAINER
BUILDING MAINTENANCE (Current Employee), Urbana-Champaign, ILOctober 1, 2013
Pros: its a steady job
Cons: low wage and management are always in meetings or not available
THE WAGES ARE NOT EQAUL FOR THE JOBS OR WORK PERFORMED. MOST PEOPLE THAT ADVANCE ARE FAMILY OR FREINDS OF FAMILY.EMPLOYEES ARE HIRED OFF THE STREET WITH NO EXPERIENCE MAKING MORE THAN OTHERS WHO HAVE BEEN THERE YEARS.
productive and fun
Inspector Packer/quality control inspector (Former Employee), Lancaster, PASeptember 30, 2013
A typical day its pretty hot but very easy work. had your own work space area you could reach out and help others when you were able to.
Dart Container
HR Assistant (Former Employee), Plant City, FLSeptember 20, 2013
Dart Container – Plant City, Florida May 05 to May 06
HR Assistant
* Create and Maintain Employee Files
* Process Terminations
* Screen and Test Potential Employees
* Time and Attendance, Payroll
treated employees equally and fairly
Material Handler (Former Employee), Leola, PASeptember 19, 2013
Pros: allowed to perform job w/out interruptions
Cons: point system for attendance, not very lenient
fairly good company to work for, worked late shift not much interaction with management
Boring job
Quality inspection (Current Employee), Horse Cave, KYSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: easy work
Cons: poor hr staff
Management are very inept and cannot make own decisions. Overall job easy. Overtime available if wanted, but HR staff not professional at all
Good reliable products
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Current Employee), Lithonia, GASeptember 7, 2013
Pros: traveling to meet and work with corporate quality assurance
Cons: no room for advancement without a degree, regardless how many years experience you have with the compamy
Check quality of product, document findings, investigate customer complaints, staff team for workload, safety #1 all day, have Supervisory training quarterly, coach team, disciplines employees when needed, employee reviews, and works with Corporate Quality Assurance. The hardest part of the job is working with someone who does not have the same goals – more... of production that you desire/require. The most enjoyable experience is when you have worked really hard toward reaching your goals and achieving the desired result. – less
Good production industry.
Inspector/Packer (Current Employee), Waxahachie, TXAugust 21, 2013
Pros: no clock out for lunch
Cons: heat
It is a good place to work but the hardest part of the job is the heat.
a productive and focused work environment
Team Supervisor/Lead Packaging Inspector (Former Employee), Mason, MIAugust 19, 2013
Pros: easy once training is over
Cons: hot days and minimal pay fo labor reqiured
a typical day at as a production worker would require a little bit of focus at first starting out. But once your skills are sharpened, the job become more simpler but tedious and frustrating for those who work above the capabilities.what I learned in this field was not to settle, this is a job for humble living not a job for those trying to advance. – more... Management is good overall, co-works are good people just keep alot to yourself, they love to gossip about each other. the hardest part about the job is the hot days and tight some days of tight working conditions not a lot of mobility. the most enjoyable part are holidays and the end of the shift. – less
Productive work environment.
Machinist (Former Employee), Mason, MIJuly 15, 2013
Pros: always kept moving, run many different machines, and rarely ran the same parts twice.
Cons: n/a
Was a machinist. Show up for work, set up and run precision parts. I have always enjoyed running CNC machines and I worked primarily with vertical milling machines.
fun place to work
(3) Assembler / QA (Former Employee), Lithonia, GAJuly 9, 2013
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: worked weekends
Very demanding job. I trained new employees as well as did quality checks.
people are great to work with
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Conyers, GAJuly 7, 2013
Pros: overtime pay
Cons: get send home if machine not working with no pay
Come in, get check sheet to see if machine line had any problems. Do quality checks on the cups or lids depends on what line your on. Make sure the machine is running to a certain percentage. Do simple adjustments around the machine to make sure packers are comfortable packing product.
Computer Artist
Computer Artist (Former Employee), Mason, MIJuly 1, 2013
I was treated very well there. They took the time to train me. They cared about me. The wages seemed rather low.
overall good place to work
Maintenance Mechanic/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Leola, PAJune 27, 2013
Pros: lots of great co-workers.
Cons: productivity standards were not same for everyone, did not enjoy middle management within this company.
Gained valuable experience, was able to move up quickly within the company. Good compensation. Upper management open door policy seemed a bit of a joke in certain departments though.
Enjoyable fast paced work environment
Packaging Technician (Former Employee), Mason, MIJune 19, 2013
Pros: holiday dinners and picnics. free items from the dart store with points earned.
Cons: no negative aspects.
Worked in cup production. Inspected, packaged and stacked finished product.
Obtained understanding of how cups are produced and printed.
Management was supportive.
Co-workers made themselves available when needed.
Printing logos onto the cup was the hardest portion of the job.
Social time at lunch was the most enjoyable portion of the work day.
Secure Job
Cup Packer/ Inspector (Former Employee), Mason, MIMay 9, 2013
Good work until they doubled work load without compensation.
Hard work and experience
Multiple Positions (Former Employee), Mason, MIMay 6, 2013
I held multiple positions at Dart Container. I started in the parts crib pulling parts and assemblies for both internal jobs as well as for shipments to our sister plants. I then was promoted to data entry/Sales where I received orders, created invoices as well as data entered the invoices and shipments once pulled and loaded into the trucks. I was – more... then promoted to production planning, helping the Shipping and Handling supervisor with meeting minutes as well as organizing parts lists, organizing jobs and pulls in the shops and distributing work loads.

Management typically favored long term employees. It seemed like no matter how unproductive, crass or bull-headed an employee may be, as long as they were loyal with the company, anything went. This was difficult for me coming in after my first year of college, ready to prove myself to my supervisor only to realize that a handful of us were doing all the work for the 20 or so employees in the area. It was very depressing realizing no matter how hard you worked, those with seniority would receive special treatment regardless of work ethic.

My favorite part of the job were my co-workers and the relaxed environment in the shop.

My least favorite part of the positions were the cramped and untidy work spaces. – less

About Dart Container

Dart sets the industry standard of excellence by efficiently providing high quality foodservice packaging solutions and – Read more