Dart Container

Dart Container Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive work environment.
Machinist (Former Employee), Mason, MIJuly 15, 2013
Pros: always kept moving, run many different machines, and rarely ran the same parts twice.
Cons: n/a
Was a machinist. Show up for work, set up and run precision parts. I have always enjoyed running CNC machines and I worked primarily with vertical milling machines.
fun place to work
(3) Assembler / QA (Former Employee), Lithonia, GAJuly 9, 2013
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: worked weekends
Very demanding job. I trained new employees as well as did quality checks.
people are great to work with
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Conyers, GAJuly 7, 2013
Pros: overtime pay
Cons: get send home if machine not working with no pay
Come in, get check sheet to see if machine line had any problems. Do quality checks on the cups or lids depends on what line your on. Make sure the machine is running to a certain percentage. Do simple adjustments around the machine to make sure packers are comfortable packing product.
Computer Artist
Computer Artist (Former Employee), Mason, MIJuly 1, 2013
I was treated very well there. They took the time to train me. They cared about me. The wages seemed rather low.
Enjoyable fast paced work environment
Packaging Technician (Former Employee), Mason, MIJune 19, 2013
Pros: holiday dinners and picnics. free items from the dart store with points earned.
Cons: no negative aspects.
Worked in cup production. Inspected, packaged and stacked finished product.
Obtained understanding of how cups are produced and printed.
Management was supportive.
Co-workers made themselves available when needed.
Printing logos onto the cup was the hardest portion of the job.
Social time at lunch was the most enjoyable portion of the work day.
Secure Job
Cup Packer/ Inspector (Former Employee), Mason, MIMay 9, 2013
Good work until they doubled work load without compensation.
Hard work and experience
Multiple Positions (Former Employee), Mason, MIMay 6, 2013
I held multiple positions at Dart Container. I started in the parts crib pulling parts and assemblies for both internal jobs as well as for shipments to our sister plants. I then was promoted to data entry/Sales where I received orders, created invoices as well as data entered the invoices and shipments once pulled and loaded into the trucks. I was – more... then promoted to production planning, helping the Shipping and Handling supervisor with meeting minutes as well as organizing parts lists, organizing jobs and pulls in the shops and distributing work loads.

Management typically favored long term employees. It seemed like no matter how unproductive, crass or bull-headed an employee may be, as long as they were loyal with the company, anything went. This was difficult for me coming in after my first year of college, ready to prove myself to my supervisor only to realize that a handful of us were doing all the work for the 20 or so employees in the area. It was very depressing realizing no matter how hard you worked, those with seniority would receive special treatment regardless of work ethic.

My favorite part of the job were my co-workers and the relaxed environment in the shop.

My least favorite part of the positions were the cramped and untidy work spaces. – less
Inspector Packer Print (Former Employee), Waxahachie, TXApril 17, 2013
is a ok place to work at times can be stressful. its in a warehouse setting very hot at times
Dart Container
Senior Account (Current Employee), Mason, MIApril 7, 2013
Pros: corporate culture
Dart Container has given me an excellent opportunity to grow professional in an environment that is extremely positive. I am sad to have to go
Warehouse
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Waxahachie, TXMarch 19, 2013
I am a machine operator. I produce and print stryafome cups for companies. I make sure that i send out the best quality possible to our customers, The hardest part of the jobs is the hours, working night shift is not the best. I love the people at my job they are all willing to work together as a team and thats what matter to me most.
A nice place to work for.
City Driver (Former Employee), North Aurora, ILMarch 1, 2013
Pros: good people, good equipment.
Cons: a few back stabbing drivers.
I enjoyed the time I worked there. You were home daily, 5 days a week, rarely worked on holidays.
The tractors are a few years old and well maintained, also the trailers too.
calm worplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Waxahachie, TXFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: benefits
general warehouse duties learned how to ship orders error free
Best Place Ever
Material Handler (Former Employee), Horse Cave, KYJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: hot hot hot even in winter
Good People, Hard hot work, but 8 hour shift make it fly by. Loved this job even though it was very hard.
Fun place to work
SAP IT Project Intern (Former Employee), Mason, MIJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: culture
Cons: culture
Great company great people to work with. Very laid back fun place to work. Lots of different products to learn about. Friendly staff, great customers, lots to learn, and hands on training. They also take care of there employees and work very well as a team.
not place to have fun
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Conyers, GANovember 14, 2012
loading trucks with forklifts long hours a lot overtime .big box of cup for places grocery stores
Very hot and busy
machine operator (Former Employee), waxahachie,txOctober 20, 2012
Pros: worked at my own pace
Cons: working in the extreme heat
A long hot day with no air conditioning operating machines. I learned how to multi-task and pay attention to detail. Management was good. My co-workers were okay. Working in the heat during summer was the hardest part. Enjoyable part was seeing how different products were made for certain companies.
Overall, Dart Container is a great place to work.
Inspector Packer (Former Employee), Denver, PASeptember 11, 2012
Right after interview I was hired, first 3 months of work I was in probation, which mean I will only be allow to miss 4 days. After 3 months I got a 75 cent raised and medical, dental and eye insurance. they also give their workers a chance to become a mechanical maintenance after 6 months. great job, laid back and work hours are the normal 8 hours. – more... i highly recommend this job. – less
Good Solid Company with Excellent Training
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 31, 2012
This company is dedicated to ongoing training, fair compensation, and strong work ethic
Productive and fun place to work.
Inspector Packer (Former Employee), Horse Cave, KYAugust 23, 2012
Pros: the pay was great
Cons: the shift was too difficult to juggle with school.
Dart was a repetitive job, everyday you went in knowing what you would be dealing with that day. But that wasn't such a terrible thing. I always stayed busy therefore my night seemed to go by faster. I enjoyed the work which also made work go by better. I enjoyed my co-workers and my supervisors. This was a very friendly place to work at and also a – more... very good business. – less
probuctive and service
Inspector Maintenance & set up Machine (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAJuly 31, 2012
Pros: is ok
Cons: is ok
Responsible for maintain all machines on the floor and perform different jobs like trouble shooting ,oiling, greasing, repairing, cleaning air-jet and adjusting/fine- tuning of inspector equipment. Follow schedule of maintenance activities and coordinate with the inspector maintenance supervisor on needed repairs checking and observing I.N.C.S machinery – more... as necessary .removing malfunctioning machinery off-line and carrying out repairs in shop .I will diagnose problem and replace parts using hand tools installation of new equipment or fabrication parts – less

About Dart Container

Dart Container is a world cup winner -- not in soccer, but in foam cups and containers. Commanding about half of the global market – Read more