Dart Container

Dart Container Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Place to work however...
Bilingual Pricing and Support Specialist (Current Employee), Mason, MIMarch 13, 2015
Pros: fun, lots of activites, good health and wellness program, 401k plan.
Cons: low pay for the work load.
I love working here, great atmosphere and benefits. Great culture and extra-cirricular activites. However, the pay is very low for the work load.
Tough demanding job
Building Maintenance (Current Employee), Olympia, WAMarch 1, 2015
A typical day at work starts with the prior shift just ending their day and we pick up where they left off. I learned to be a great communicator when I had to finish tasks i didn't start and to work well in a team environment.
First Job
Lead-Man for the Maintenance Department (Former Employee), Corona, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: to hot to work
It was hot environment.

I learned how to deal with a miss management.

The people hardly spoke English.

It was a job to go to that provided me with benefits.
busy workplace.easily done
warehouse laborer (Former Employee), Waxahachie, TXFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: great pay every week
DART Container is one of the most sought after jobs here in Waxahachie. When I was hired there, my mind frame was nothing like it is now. I really didn't take that job serious like I know I was suppose to.I enjoyed doing my work there.Driving forklifts is a good experience.The hardest part of this job is clocking out.A typical day at work would be just loading a trailer the assigned packages
Lovely place to work at, friendly people
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee), Horse Cave, KYFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: short breaks
It was great money, everybody was friendly. helpful supervisors.
it was well organized and everybody helped everybody. it was like a big family there.
Could be fun, stressful to meet schedules and produce quality product.
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee), Horse Cave, KYJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: decent pay.
Cons: hot most of the year.
It is a good place if you are just looking for a paycheck. Work not difficult, but much lifting and bending. A work day began with taking over a line that was running and checking quality, check ink supply, complete paper work,
Super fast paced, constantly moving
inspector/packer (Former Employee), Randleman, NCJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: good benefits once they kick in
Cons: short breaks, unpleasant coworkers, unrealistic expectations of new employees, not enough time off for holidays
This place will work your butt off! It is super fast paced, with extremely high speed expectations. If the line is running good, then that is no problem at all. On the other hand, if it isn't, then it is just a chaotic mess beyond belief . The line almost never stops for anything. Management waits until it is completely out of control before they send any extra help to the line. Machine operators become – more... so stressed, that they take it out verbally on their inspector/packers. The packaging machinery is very old and out of date, so much so that it is constantly in need of repairs and adjustments. My experience as a new hire wasn't very good. Some of the people were very nice and helpful and understanding while the majority of the longer time employees just seemed to be irritated at the fact that I was new and didn't automatically know how to do everything. My training on first shift was very good though, with everyone being very welcoming and friendly, but all that ends once you are moved to your assigned shift. – less
fast pace environment
quality control (Former Employee), coronaJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: 401k
Cons: no advancement
I worked for dart and was laid off, supervisor's play favorite to some employees, it is extremely hot environment during the summer time. Fast pace.
It was overall a good job, and good expierence.
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee), Horse Cave, KYJanuary 18, 2015
I learned how to work in a much more fast pace job. A typical day at work consisted of going to find what line I was assigned to that day and going straight to my line. I then filled out my paper work and began to clear my table off and reset my counter. I then restocked my plastic rolls and my boxes. The rest of the day was just clearing the table, inspection every hour and packing the product. Most days there were issues with the machine and when that occurs they shut it done and work on it and I helped the people around me on there lines. The hardest part of the job was getting in my sleeping routine because I worked late and got up early.
Fast paste work!
Inspector Packer (Current Employee), Lithonia, GAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: the work schedule of the inspecter packers
Printing , packing & inspection Styrofoam cups. I've learned the process of making and printing foam cups. I feel that management is fine. I get along with all my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is when in having issues out of the printer & or cup machines. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people.
productive , clean , safe and people friendly work environment
Machine Operator / Flexo Press (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2015
a typical work day for me is always looking for improvement and I could advance to higher position . looking forward to new assignment and getting the job done to the best of my ability .
productive learning and social work environment
Machine Operater (Former Employee), Leola, PAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: fun, learning environment
Cons: some company policys arent black and white... interpritation of company
on a typical day, i would be informed of the machine i was to operate for the day. once i arrived at the machine i would document the perameters the machine was operating within before i arrived as well as ensure that the machine was operating within safety perameters. once my preshift inspection was complete, the rest of the evening i would remove rolls of plastic film from the machine when rolls – more... were completed. working at Dart Container i have learned how to start up, regulate, and diagnose plastic die extruders. the management team on my shift were very helpful and supportive of me growing in the company. we also had a team of co-workers who were eager to learn and assist if any issues were to arise. in my opinion, one of the more difficult aspects of the job was probably teaching your self before the company would train you as a higher level operator. and as far as the most enjoy able part of the job, i would say is teaching yourself before the company trains you to be a higher level operator. – less
Wonderful Productive Environment
Lift Truck Operator (Current Employee), Lithonia, GAJanuary 7, 2015
Great Company with a wonderful management staff. Hasn't had a layoff in over 10 years.
SAP SD/OTC
ERP Associative Analyst (Current Employee), Mason, MIDecember 28, 2014
SAP SD Specialist
Responsible for requirement gathering / blueprinting
Proficiency in creating functional documentation
Regression Testing / Smoke Testing / Cutover task
a great place to start.
Machine operator (Former Employee), Leola, PADecember 26, 2014
Overall, a great place with good employees but only the only thing is that u might want to learn espanol. There is a huge language barrier.
Good place to start off.
Engineering Tech III (Current Employee), Mason, MIDecember 21, 2014
Pros: travel and meals are paid for through company.
Cons: organizational skill are lacking.
Starts off with checking emails and finishing up reports. Assembling machines for protptyping new products and reading manuals. I have learned how to process containers for one time use.

Management could use a bit of organizational training for a smoother operation of plant and engineering travel objectives.

Co-workers are in need of training and are hired for their educational achievments and hired as workers that have been at the company for a few years at same rate of pay.

To acomplish a task when the information received is not complete.

The travel and sense of accomplishment when a job is complete.
nice place to work when you can
Manchine Operator (Current Employee), conyers gaDecember 13, 2014
operate machine trouble shooting quatily check house keeping safety talks n walks
Production Work
INSPECTOR/PACKER (Former Employee), Randleman, NCDecember 4, 2014
Pros: diverse group of people
Cons: standing 12 hours a day
This job was busy and fun. Time went by fast and if you needed help other employees had no problem helping you. The hardest part of the job was the 12 hour shifts and constantly standing on your feet.
productive
machine operator (Former Employee), Lancaster, PADecember 2, 2014
Pros: close to home at the time
Cons: no ov ertime
worked alone on machines
very flammable material
management was ok
co workers were ok
hardest part of job was the language barrier
hardest part of job was the language barrier
I enjoyed my job knowing the products I made were every day use in america
Solo Cup was a good place to work
Management (Current Employee), Lake Forest, ILNovember 12, 2014
Pros: usually fact based decision making, fast paced but still fun
Cons: was sold and headquarters closing
Red Solo Cup - what more can I say?

Lots of variety in tasks and never a dull moment.

About Dart Container

Dart sets the industry standard of excellence by efficiently providing high quality foodservice packaging solutions and – Read more