Dart Container

Dart Container Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Company is great to employees even temps.
A/P Clerk (Former Employee), Mason, MIApril 14, 2015
Need to work out kinks in the computer system.
It takes to long for a new person to get the equipment and passwords to start working.
Daily Work
Packer (Former Employee), Federalsburg, MDApril 14, 2015
Switched from job to job allowing me to learn new jobs. Personel for repqairing machins was never easy to find, and when you did find them most were rude and lazy about getting their job done so you could do yours. In some stations they had a pay differentual but never seen them.
Pay is good
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Cave City, KYApril 11, 2015
Pros: Pay is good
Cons: short breaks
Running the machines and computers to make the products. Have to be a team player. Have good communication with employees and supervisors.
great work place
Thermoforming Operator (Former Employee), Leola, PAApril 2, 2015
Pros: alot or parties
Cons: dirty
Dart is overall a good place to work. depending on which dept you are in. Their machines are a bit out dated by it does the job. coworkers are great. alot of minorities. its a melting pot. the temperature does exceed 100 degrees during the summer days and nights. great if you are a smoker too. they have smoke rooms.
Great Benifits
Shipping/Receiving (Current Employee), Lodi, CAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Great benifits
Cons: Low Pay For Warehouse
Pull orders with the clamp lift then hand stack(lump) product into trucks to ensure you get more product on the truck than with pallets. Unload trucks using hands and lift. Put incoming product away in set locations. Co-workers are mostly female and don't ever wanna get off the lift to help the newer guys out that are hand stacking product even tho its also there job to do the same stuff. Manager is ok assistant is alot better/ more friendly and will help you out.
Not a very good work enviornment
Lead Warehouse Shipping & Receiving (Former Employee), Plant City, FLMarch 14, 2015
There is too many favoritism they go by a point system and even if you go to work one minute late you get a point.
Supervisors are not well knowledgeable and they do not apply all the policy to everyone
Great Place to work however...
Bilingual Pricing and Support Specialist (Current Employee), Mason, MIMarch 13, 2015
Pros: fun, lots of activites, good health and wellness program, 401k plan.
Cons: low pay for the work load.
I love working here, great atmosphere and benefits. Great culture and extra-cirricular activites. However, the pay is very low for the work load.
Tough demanding job
Building Maintenance (Current Employee), Olympia, WAMarch 1, 2015
A typical day at work starts with the prior shift just ending their day and we pick up where they left off. I learned to be a great communicator when I had to finish tasks i didn't start and to work well in a team environment.
First Job
Lead-Man for the Maintenance Department (Former Employee), Corona, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: to hot to work
It was hot environment.

I learned how to deal with a miss management.

The people hardly spoke English.

It was a job to go to that provided me with benefits.
busy workplace.easily done
warehouse laborer (Former Employee), Waxahachie, TXFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: great pay every week
DART Container is one of the most sought after jobs here in Waxahachie. When I was hired there, my mind frame was nothing like it is now. I really didn't take that job serious like I know I was suppose to.I enjoyed doing my work there.Driving forklifts is a good experience.The hardest part of this job is clocking out.A typical day at work would be just loading a trailer the assigned packages
Lovely place to work at, friendly people
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee), Horse Cave, KYFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: short breaks
It was great money, everybody was friendly. helpful supervisors.
it was well organized and everybody helped everybody. it was like a big family there.
Could be fun, stressful to meet schedules and produce quality product.
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee), Horse Cave, KYJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: decent pay.
Cons: hot most of the year.
It is a good place if you are just looking for a paycheck. Work not difficult, but much lifting and bending. A work day began with taking over a line that was running and checking quality, check ink supply, complete paper work,
Super fast paced, constantly moving
inspector/packer (Former Employee), Randleman, NCJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: good benefits once they kick in
Cons: short breaks, unpleasant coworkers, unrealistic expectations of new employees, not enough time off for holidays
This place will work your butt off! It is super fast paced, with extremely high speed expectations. If the line is running good, then that is no problem at all. On the other hand, if it isn't, then it is just a chaotic mess beyond belief . The line almost never stops for anything. Management waits until it is completely out of control before they send any extra help to the line. Machine operators become so stressed, that they take it out verbally on their inspector/packers. The packaging machinery is very old and out of date, so much so that it is constantly in need of repairs and adjustments. My experience as a new hire wasn't very good. Some of the people were very nice and helpful and understanding while the majority of the longer time employees just seemed to be irritated at the fact that I was new and didn't automatically know how to do everything. My training on first shift was very good though, with everyone being very welcoming and friendly, but all that ends once you are moved to your assigned shift.
fast pace environment
quality control (Former Employee), coronaJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: 401k
Cons: no advancement
I worked for dart and was laid off, supervisor's play favorite to some employees, it is extremely hot environment during the summer time. Fast pace.
It was overall a good job, and good expierence.
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee), Horse Cave, KYJanuary 18, 2015
I learned how to work in a much more fast pace job. A typical day at work consisted of going to find what line I was assigned to that day and going straight to my line. I then filled out my paper work and began to clear my table off and reset my counter. I then restocked my plastic rolls and my boxes. The rest of the day was just clearing the table, inspection every hour and packing the product. Most days there were issues with the machine and when that occurs they shut it done and work on it and I helped the people around me on there lines. The hardest part of the job was getting in my sleeping routine because I worked late and got up early.
Fast paste work!
Inspector Packer (Current Employee), Lithonia, GAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: the work schedule of the inspecter packers
Printing , packing & inspection Styrofoam cups. I've learned the process of making and printing foam cups. I feel that management is fine. I get along with all my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is when in having issues out of the printer & or cup machines. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people.
productive , clean , safe and people friendly work environment
Machine Operator / Flexo Press (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2015
a typical work day for me is always looking for improvement and I could advance to higher position . looking forward to new assignment and getting the job done to the best of my ability .
productive learning and social work environment
Machine Operater (Former Employee), Leola, PAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: fun, learning environment
Cons: some company policys arent black and white... interpritation of company
on a typical day, i would be informed of the machine i was to operate for the day. once i arrived at the machine i would document the perameters the machine was operating within before i arrived as well as ensure that the machine was operating within safety perameters. once my preshift inspection was complete, the rest of the evening i would remove rolls of plastic film from the machine when rolls were completed. working at Dart Container i have learned how to start up, regulate, and diagnose plastic die extruders. the management team on my shift were very helpful and supportive of me growing in the company. we also had a team of co-workers who were eager to learn and assist if any issues were to arise. in my opinion, one of the more difficult aspects of the job was probably teaching your self before the company would train you as a higher level operator. and as far as the most enjoy able part of the job, i would say is teaching yourself before the company trains you to be a higher level operator.
Wonderful Productive Environment
Lift Truck Operator (Current Employee), Lithonia, GAJanuary 7, 2015
Great Company with a wonderful management staff. Hasn't had a layoff in over 10 years.
SAP SD/OTC
ERP Associative Analyst (Current Employee), Mason, MIDecember 28, 2014
SAP SD Specialist
Responsible for requirement gathering / blueprinting
Proficiency in creating functional documentation
Regression Testing / Smoke Testing / Cutover task

1 2 3 4 5

About Dart Container

Dart sets the industry standard of excellence by efficiently providing high quality foodservice packaging solutions and – Read more