Dart Container

Dart Container Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It was overall a good job, and good expierence.
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee), Horse Cave, KYJanuary 18, 2015
I learned how to work in a much more fast pace job. A typical day at work consisted of going to find what line I was assigned to that day and going straight to my line. I then filled out my paper work and began to clear my table off and reset my counter. I then restocked my plastic rolls and my boxes. The rest of the day was just clearing the table, inspection every hour and packing the product. Most days there were issues with the machine and when that occurs they shut it done and work on it and I helped the people around me on there lines. The hardest part of the job was getting in my sleeping routine because I worked late and got up early.
Fast paste work!
Inspector Packer (Current Employee), Lithonia, GAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: the work schedule of the inspecter packers
Printing , packing & inspection Styrofoam cups. I've learned the process of making and printing foam cups. I feel that management is fine. I get along with all my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is when in having issues out of the printer & or cup machines. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people.
productive , clean , safe and people friendly work environment
Machine Operator / Flexo Press (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2015
a typical work day for me is always looking for improvement and I could advance to higher position . looking forward to new assignment and getting the job done to the best of my ability .
productive learning and social work environment
Machine Operater (Former Employee), Leola, PAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: fun, learning environment
Cons: some company policys arent black and white... interpritation of company
on a typical day, i would be informed of the machine i was to operate for the day. once i arrived at the machine i would document the perameters the machine was operating within before i arrived as well as ensure that the machine was operating within safety perameters. once my preshift inspection was complete, the rest of the evening i would remove rolls of plastic film from the machine when rolls were completed. working at Dart Container i have learned how to start up, regulate, and diagnose plastic die extruders. the management team on my shift were very helpful and supportive of me growing in the company. we also had a team of co-workers who were eager to learn and assist if any issues were to arise. in my opinion, one of the more difficult aspects of the job was probably teaching your self before the company would train you as a higher level operator. and as far as the most enjoy able part of the job, i would say is teaching yourself before the company trains you to be a higher level operator.
Wonderful Productive Environment
Lift Truck Operator (Current Employee), Lithonia, GAJanuary 7, 2015
Great Company with a wonderful management staff. Hasn't had a layoff in over 10 years.
SAP SD/OTC
ERP Associative Analyst (Current Employee), Mason, MIDecember 28, 2014
SAP SD Specialist
Responsible for requirement gathering / blueprinting
Proficiency in creating functional documentation
Regression Testing / Smoke Testing / Cutover task
a great place to start.
Machine operator (Former Employee), Leola, PADecember 26, 2014
Overall, a great place with good employees but only the only thing is that u might want to learn espanol. There is a huge language barrier.
Good place to start off.
Engineering Tech III (Current Employee), Mason, MIDecember 21, 2014
Pros: travel and meals are paid for through company.
Cons: organizational skill are lacking.
Starts off with checking emails and finishing up reports. Assembling machines for protptyping new products and reading manuals. I have learned how to process containers for one time use.

Management could use a bit of organizational training for a smoother operation of plant and engineering travel objectives.

Co-workers are in need of training and are hired for their educational achievments and hired as workers that have been at the company for a few years at same rate of pay.

To acomplish a task when the information received is not complete.

The travel and sense of accomplishment when a job is complete.
nice place to work when you can
Manchine Operator (Current Employee), conyers gaDecember 13, 2014
operate machine trouble shooting quatily check house keeping safety talks n walks
Production Work
INSPECTOR/PACKER (Former Employee), Randleman, NCDecember 4, 2014
Pros: diverse group of people
Cons: standing 12 hours a day
This job was busy and fun. Time went by fast and if you needed help other employees had no problem helping you. The hardest part of the job was the 12 hour shifts and constantly standing on your feet.
productive
machine operator (Former Employee), Lancaster, PADecember 2, 2014
Pros: close to home at the time
Cons: no ov ertime
worked alone on machines
very flammable material
management was ok
co workers were ok
hardest part of job was the language barrier
hardest part of job was the language barrier
I enjoyed my job knowing the products I made were every day use in america
Solo Cup was a good place to work
Management (Current Employee), Lake Forest, ILNovember 12, 2014
Pros: usually fact based decision making, fast paced but still fun
Cons: was sold and headquarters closing
Red Solo Cup - what more can I say?

Lots of variety in tasks and never a dull moment.
Good compnay to work for
Export Administrator (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDNovember 4, 2014
Process Order for Domestic and International Customers.
Provide Sales Support, quotes for customers.
Generating repair quotes for customers and government entities.
Responsible for preparing Export Documentation ( B/L , SED, BOOKING, CERTIFICATED OF ORIGIN )
Process Credit Card information.
Support accounting dept with collections phone call for past due invoices.
Process Credit Return.
super fun place to work
packer inspector (Former Employee), Corona, CAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: fast and busy
Cons: no complaints
I loved this place. very fast pace didn't have time not working.
Fast-paced, challenging work environment
Product Handler (Current Employee), Conyers, GASeptember 19, 2014
A typical day at work within the production area of Dart Container Corporation involves working 12-hour shifts at a fast pace in a comfortable to hot environment depending on the specific department. During my employment at Dart I became efficient with multitasking, learned sanitation and safety policies and practices, learned to identify defective product and machinery, and developed interpersonal skills. The management at Dart Container have strict policies in place to ensure workers' safety and the integrity of the products produced. They have various safety programs so that the employees and the management can collaborate on ideas to further improve work safety practices, procedures, and correction of workplace safety hazards. The co-workers I have in my department are an open, friendly group of individuals who know their job, pull their own weight, and work well together as a team. They are more than just fellow workers at a plant; they are family. The hardest part of the job is learning how to multitask in a fast-paced environment while ensuring that what you have packed is of the utmost quality. The most enjoyable part of the job is the challenge of learning a new process at a fast pace. It's exciting and allows you to push yourself to new heights.
dart chicago sucks
operator (Current Employee), chicagoSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: medical benefits.
Cons: unfair treatment, heat
Unfair treatment, not a equal playing field,poor supervison 3rd shift, unfair raises,.
ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee), Waxahachie, TXSeptember 9, 2014
Reheis is a good place to work. they are good to the people that work there and try to help their employees in anyway needed.
Great Experience in the Administrative world
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Mason, MIAugust 22, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: office is somewhat high school level, and nothing is done about it
You will learn many different tasks, and will always be able to have the potential to span our and work in different areas. Managers treat everyone as if they have family. Hardest part will be learning all of the codes of each and every cup, but it is possible so don't feel frustrated. Most enjoyable thing about the job is you get to speak with managers and Quality Assurance clerks from all around the world.
Safe, fast pace, friendly place of work
Supervisor, Machine Operator, Lead Operator (Former Employee), Horse Cave, KYAugust 19, 2014
Pros: good management
Cons: heat
Opened the work day with short meetings of prior shift leaders, etc. Usually a fast pace day of producing great product and doing so by first assuring a safe and well managed work area. Maintaining the machines to run error free and have them ready for following shift as well.
Co-workers in the area all got along well as well as maintaining a positive attitude.
Horrible Compensation and work environment
Benefits (Former Employee), Mason, MIAugust 15, 2014
The pay was just awful. The medical benefits are great. But the vacation and sick time are not. Management tends to play favorites. When the favorites don't like someone they target the employee and try to get them fired. The workload was nice. You were constantly busy. I am glad I decided to look for a new job and leave that toxic environment.

1 2 3 4 5

About Dart Container

Dart sets the industry standard of excellence by efficiently providing high quality foodservice packaging solutions and – Read more