Dart Container

Dart Container Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very Hot place to work.
Assistant Production Manager/Group Leader (Former Employee), Horse Cave KyJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Get to work alot of overtime
Cons: Not very good insurance.
Hot place to work,I enjoyed working at Dart. People are great.was a supervisor at Dart while I was there.Good stable place to work at.dependable job.
A little of everything
Handled equpment (Former Employee), MunfordsvilleJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Easy to promote w/in
Cons: na
I started out loading product into the machine & ended w/quality control. If you work, you will get through to promotions. Good money is to be made if you work hard at it.
Productive and very safe workplace
IP (Former Employee), leola PAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: ok
Cons: ok
I learn a lot, how inspect, how to pack, my coworkers the were very good, respect , good attention, good medical cover , professionalism, I'm a very proud of Dart Container
Challenging and fast paced place to work with high expectations on everyone.
Print supervisor / also print set up. (Former Employee), Mason Mi PlantJune 30, 2015
Pros: Good benefits and pay.
Cons: Some what stressful and chaotic due to the high work load.
Dart container is the worlds leader in food service foam and polystyrene products. It is a growing company that recently purchased Solo. Typical day is fast paced lines producing printed cups. Lots of quality and production checking to maintain numbers.
I learned how to work well under pressure and with all different people. Co- workers are trained to be respectful and accountable. Hardest part for me as I aged was to keep pace and handle the physical duties, as well as the mandatory overtime.Most enjoyable part was the challenge to produce quality setups and keep ahead of the orders.

I stated before that I am retired but not ready to stop working all together so is the reason I am looking for a new challenge for part time.
Dart
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Leola PaJune 30, 2015
Pros: good pay and insurence
Cons: poor management and very old and out of date machines
Dart is a good paying job, but the management makes poor decisions and does not work with employees. I was let go because of incorrect form that would only effect me with a 1/2 point and 5 min difference on the timeclock.
A fast moving and productive workplace.
Lead Technical Trainer / Instructor (Current Employee), Mason, MIJune 23, 2015
The hardest part of the job was when the day is over, I enjoy the employee's and the different cultures. Its a fast paced environment with plenty of busy work but manageable and fun.
Very great job!
Employee (Former Employee), Horse Cave, KYJune 15, 2015
A typical day at work at Dart was just coming in, doing your job and making sure it was done 100% correct to the best of your ability. I learned how to do fast and slow paced jobs at Dart.
Great co-workers, bad upper managment
Packer/Inspector (Former Employee), North Aurora,ILJune 9, 2015
Pros: Good work atmosphere
Cons: Shady upper management
Dart has a great work atmosphere. The employees are friendly the work isn't TOO hard either. It does get hot even in the winter time because of the steam and heat coming off of the machines. The con to working at Dart is upper management. They seem to not care about what goes on with you inside or outside of the job. All it seems they care about is product and profit. You can be disciplined for the simplest of reasons and terminated also for simple reasons.
very clean and organized and easy to work work with other people
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee), Mason, MIMay 20, 2015
doing the best job possible and enjoy going to work and enjoy the people I worked with and I was taught a lot when I worked there
Good Money Bad Timing!!
Inspector Packer (Former Employee), Waxahachie, TXMay 17, 2015
Pros: Good People
Cons: 10 minutes breaks, 20 minutes lunches, some workers driving forklifts to fast, very loud, very hot and humid.
My time at Dart Container started by going through a new Temp Agency called Express Employment Professional. My agent said they are paying $12.86 an Hour with 12 hour rotating shifts A-Shift 7:30am-&:30pm. One week I am off Monday and Tuesday, work Wednesday and Thursday one week, have Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off and one week were I work Monday and Tuesday, off Wednesday and Thursday, and work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Co-Workers were okay, some have been there long, tell me good things on how I work good and don't complain. We all show up in the break room until we have to clock in, were me and my co-workers wait on the supervisor to gives us a lineup on what part of the warehouse. Mostly I was to ensure that the product being manufactured meets quality control standards. I perform visual inspections of products. I inspect filled containers to ensure that product is packaged according to customer specifications.
Great Company
Transportation Procurement Analyst (Former Employee), Mason, MIMay 17, 2015
This is a great company to work for. Very smart, high technology and happy work environment. Pay is very low at any level. Otherwise this is a great place to work.
Productive and fun workplace
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee), Waxahachie, TXMay 16, 2015
Pros: Example: good medical benifits
Cons: Example: extremely hot working conditions
Time management is very important. There are numerous areas that have to be inspected within the shift. Quality control requires attention to detail, organization, and excellent communication skills. In this position you are required to send emails to all management informing them of pending product issues. This is not an ideal position for an individual that wants to be liked by everyone. As in everyday life, no one likes for their mistakes to be identified by another individual. With that said, it is important for anyone in this position to have excellent communication skill to avoid unnecessary conflict. As quality control inspector, you are required to determine the source of the deficiencies as quickly as possible to avoid errors in SAP.
Great Company
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee), Randleman, NCMay 12, 2015
Pros: Team Environment
Cons: Cannot trust Management
Great organization, The management is below standards because they do not develop their people. Management have favorites within the Randleman Plant.
No feedback
Machine Operator II (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 1, 2015
I don't have anything to say about this company good or bad, I am just using this experience as a stepping stone. I will say that the have a very high turn over rate.......?
Fast paced and team oriented
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee), Randleman, NCApril 29, 2015
Pros: Positive work environment with little holding you back from advancement in the company
Cons: The schedule is the hardest part of the job.
You have to be observant and work well with others.
Above all being save is a must.
I've learned a great deal about extrusion production and working as a group to complete a job.
Management were always helpful and understanding but by the book.
Management rely on employee's who want to work and are willing to do what is required to finish a job.
As in every job you have co-workers who were more reliable than others but all in all the job is what you make of it.
The hardest part was the shift I worked. 3rd shift is a very difficult to do and have a normal life.
I worked with a good group of people who made the job fun.
Productive and interesting work environment
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee), Waxahachie, TXApril 26, 2015
Pros: Ability to purchase products made
Cons: Short breaks
Work 8- 12 hours inspecting print details on cups for customer orders. I learned a lot about work place safety. Enjoyable crew that was willing to help you out when needed. The hardest part of the job was leaving it. The most enjoyable time was the company functions, including company picnic and parties.
Don't Work for Dart Engineering!
Engineer (Former Employee), Mason, MIApril 22, 2015
Dart Container likes to pride itself on being a wonderful place to work. I'm sure it is a great place in some areas of the company, but the Engineering Department is not one of them. In Engineering you will find lots of hidden agendas, lots of grudges being held both by employees and managers, people who are fed up with the work environment. I worked there for a couple years and in that time probably two dozen people lost their jobs, many for no apparent reason. It seems that at Dart Engineering, if you manager likes you there is no problem, but if he doesn't he racks up a case to get rid of you. I would never advise anyone to take a job in their Engineering Department. I have never found a more caustic and negative work environment than I found at Dart Engineering.
Fast paced, high stress, and most rewarding of all my positions with the company.
National Account Manager (Current Employee), Based in Cincinnati OHApril 14, 2015
Pros: conventions and travel
Cons: At times the travel could be a bit much.
In National Accounts we worked with the largest customers in the industry, which enabled me to gain valuable experience. Working with such large numbers, forced me to understand how production works throughout multiple plant and distribution locations throughout the country. I called on some of the highest ranking buyers and procurement managers within my customers' organizations, which allowed me to gain confidence that I can sell to an audience of any status.
Company is great to employees even temps.
A/P Clerk (Former Employee), Mason, MIApril 14, 2015
Need to work out kinks in the computer system.
It takes to long for a new person to get the equipment and passwords to start working.
Daily Work
Packer (Former Employee), Federalsburg, MDApril 14, 2015
Switched from job to job allowing me to learn new jobs. Personel for repqairing machins was never easy to find, and when you did find them most were rude and lazy about getting their job done so you could do yours. In some stations they had a pay differentual but never seen them.

1 2 3 4 5

About Dart Container

Dart sets the industry standard of excellence by efficiently providing high quality foodservice packaging solutions and – Read more