Darden

Darden Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Pillar company of Orlando
Manager Menu Operations (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 15, 2015
The experience I've had working for a Fortune 500 company has been an amazing ride, with a lot of opportunity for change and growth.
Just like high school.
To Go Specialist (Former Employee), Florence, KYApril 7, 2015
This probably would of been a better place to work if I were older and was able to work off of tips but for the money I was making and the things I had to do. It wasn't worth it. They don't train properly. They expect you to know everything your first day before you've even been trained. This place was not for me. There was more drama in this work place than food going out.
You get out of it what you put in to it.
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 9, 2015
Job with endless possibilities. The company offers excellent benefit compensation(s). You work a lot of hours but the experience is fun and exciting.
fun work place. Increase restaurant profit.
Server/ Certified Trainer (CT) (Former Employee), Concord, NCMarch 4, 2015
Made me take initiative to find extra tasks. the most enjoyable was having contact with customers on a one on one basis. built lifetime friendships.
very fun place to work
Olive Garden (Current Employee), Bluffton, SCFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: discounted meals
Cons: not enough hours for hosts
all co workers get along and work well together ive learned quickly to work in a fast paced environment this is my first experience in food and beverage and ive learned alot very quickly
My Day to Day
Certified Trainer/Server/To-Go Specialist (Current Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 17, 2015
Everyday is a different experience because working with the public can be unexpected mood flow. The most enjoyable part of my day is being able to make someone smile and enjoy themselves. My co workers are like family Olive Garden has that slogan for a reason the Italian way is to welcome and it is a wonderful place to work.
Olive Garden (Current Employee), Coeur d'Alene, IDFebruary 9, 2015
great first job, I learned many different positions from making soups to bussing tables. the co workers are great, every one is family at the olive garden 1540
Seasonally Inspired...
Server/Bartender, Seasons (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 6, 2015
The staff are really great people. It is nice going to work and being with a second family. Management does their best to keep everyone happy. When you aren't in the slow months money is really good there too!
it was fun just working with great employes
Bartender/food runner (Former Employee), Merritt IslandJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: the specials they are extremely good and hot
Cons: not much just not being able to sit in a booth
We were greeted right away server came up introduced himself took our drink order and in about 3min. When we got our lunch in about 10 min overall realy a nice expirence
High Paced, Social and Challenging
Bartender/Trainer/Server (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 17, 2015
I think that this is a job that takes skills and attention to detail. Not everyone can do what we do and it makes me happy to know I can make it. I have always enjoyed working for the company and they make it easy to move up in position and allows me to go to school.
Loved the job
Service Manager (Former Employee), Anderson, SCJanuary 13, 2015
Loved working for Darden. Hours could be long but advancement within the company was always encouraged.
productive workplace with lots of training
Server (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAJanuary 9, 2015
the training i recieved at darden shaped a lot of my opinions about customer service and the way that people should be treated as customers.
overall on par with larger corporations around the area
Marketing Analyst (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 17, 2014
nice company
large corporate
trying to modernize
fun events
Great working environment
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Owensboro, KYDecember 15, 2014
Pros: learning to communicate with others from a different culture, taking pride in hard days work
A typical day at work consisted of hard labor. I learned to communicate with people that spoke a different language than I did and to push my own stamina boundaries. Management was great. My co-workers were very patient with me when it came to learning to communicate with one another as we did not speak the same languages. The hardest part of this job was weed-eating up and down large hills for 12hrs a day and learning to communicate with others that spoke a different language. The most enjoyable part of this job was taking pride in the hard work that I accomplished as I was the only female on the crew as well as learning a little bit of Spanish.
Better pay than most restaurants
Hostess/Server & Certified Trainer (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCDecember 4, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: poor management
Worked here for 2.5 years and have been through THIRTEEN different managers. This only includes those who stayed long enough to have a business card.

I stayed so long because you won't find another restaurant who pays their hourly employees this much.

There used to be room for growth as every manager had to start as a standard employee but not anymore.
Decent company but very unstable.
Service/ Staffing and Training Manager (Former Employee), Orlando FlaNovember 29, 2014
I overall enjoyed my job. I loved the guests and most all of my peers. I learned quite a bit about managing in a corporate restaurant. The hardest part of my job was the fact that I was transferred 4 times over a two year period. I did not mind the transfers but it was difficult to continuously have to establish myself as a manager to hundreds of team members. I was able to do so but I feel as it left me with less time ti grow than I would have liked.
Nice clean place to work
buser/ Dish Washer (Current Employee), Wilkesboro, N.C.November 25, 2014
A typical day at work I come in clock in and prepare for the shift.
i learned how to make bread and how to run a dish machine.
management is good.
most co-workers work hard other slack off.
there is no hard part.
break time is the most enjoyable.
meh
Corporate Trainer (Former Employee), College Station, TXOctober 27, 2014
Was at one time a great place to work. With changes at the upper levels it has really become just a mere step above a drive through.
Fun place to work
Bartender (Former Employee), Largo, MDOctober 20, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Longhorn. Trying to get back there. I had to relocate.
Family friendly environment!
Hostess (Former Employee), Plano, TXOctober 14, 2014
Pros: managers were friendly, playful yet extremely professional
Cons: saw 6 managers come and go in the time i worked here.
A typical work day weather calm or not would always turn out great because of the great communication between my co-workers and I.

1 2 3 4 5

Darden Photos

Christmas party with my coworkers