Darden

Darden Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very fun place to work
Olive Garden (Current Employee), Bluffton, SCFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: discounted meals
Cons: not enough hours for hosts
all co workers get along and work well together ive learned quickly to work in a fast paced environment this is my first experience in food and beverage and ive learned alot very quickly
My Day to Day
Certified Trainer/Server/To-Go Specialist (Current Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 17, 2015
Everyday is a different experience because working with the public can be unexpected mood flow. The most enjoyable part of my day is being able to make someone smile and enjoy themselves. My co workers are like family Olive Garden has that slogan for a reason the Italian way is to welcome and it is a wonderful place to work.
Olive Garden (Current Employee), Coeur d'Alene, IDFebruary 9, 2015
great first job, I learned many different positions from making soups to bussing tables. the co workers are great, every one is family at the olive garden 1540
Seasonally Inspired...
Server/Bartender, Seasons (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 6, 2015
The staff are really great people. It is nice going to work and being with a second family. Management does their best to keep everyone happy. When you aren't in the slow months money is really good there too!
it was fun just working with great employes
Bartender/food runner (Former Employee), Merritt IslandJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: the specials they are extremely good and hot
Cons: not much just not being able to sit in a booth
We were greeted right away server came up introduced himself took our drink order and in about 3min. When we got our lunch in about 10 min overall realy a nice expirence
High Paced, Social and Challenging
Bartender/Trainer/Server (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 17, 2015
I think that this is a job that takes skills and attention to detail. Not everyone can do what we do and it makes me happy to know I can make it. I have always enjoyed working for the company and they make it easy to move up in position and allows me to go to school.
Loved the job
Service Manager (Former Employee), Anderson, SCJanuary 13, 2015
Loved working for Darden. Hours could be long but advancement within the company was always encouraged.
productive workplace with lots of training
Server (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAJanuary 9, 2015
the training i recieved at darden shaped a lot of my opinions about customer service and the way that people should be treated as customers.
overall on par with larger corporations around the area
Marketing Analyst (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 17, 2014
nice company
large corporate
trying to modernize
fun events
Great working environment
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Owensboro, KYDecember 15, 2014
Pros: learning to communicate with others from a different culture, taking pride in hard days work
A typical day at work consisted of hard labor. I learned to communicate with people that spoke a different language than I did and to push my own stamina boundaries. Management was great. My co-workers were very patient with me when it came to learning to communicate with one another as we did not speak the same languages. The hardest part of this job was weed-eating up and down large hills for 12hrs a day and learning to communicate with others that spoke a different language. The most enjoyable part of this job was taking pride in the hard work that I accomplished as I was the only female on the crew as well as learning a little bit of Spanish.
Better pay than most restaurants
Hostess/Server & Certified Trainer (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCDecember 4, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: poor management
Worked here for 2.5 years and have been through THIRTEEN different managers. This only includes those who stayed long enough to have a business card.

I stayed so long because you won't find another restaurant who pays their hourly employees this much.

There used to be room for growth as every manager had to start as a standard employee but not anymore.
Decent company but very unstable.
Service/ Staffing and Training Manager (Former Employee), Orlando FlaNovember 29, 2014
I overall enjoyed my job. I loved the guests and most all of my peers. I learned quite a bit about managing in a corporate restaurant. The hardest part of my job was the fact that I was transferred 4 times over a two year period. I did not mind the transfers but it was difficult to continuously have to establish myself as a manager to hundreds of team members. I was able to do so but I feel as it left me with less time ti grow than I would have liked.
Nice clean place to work
buser/ Dish Washer (Current Employee), Wilkesboro, N.C.November 25, 2014
A typical day at work I come in clock in and prepare for the shift.
i learned how to make bread and how to run a dish machine.
management is good.
most co-workers work hard other slack off.
there is no hard part.
break time is the most enjoyable.
meh
Corporate Trainer (Former Employee), College Station, TXOctober 27, 2014
Was at one time a great place to work. With changes at the upper levels it has really become just a mere step above a drive through.
Fun place to work
Bartender (Former Employee), Largo, MDOctober 20, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Longhorn. Trying to get back there. I had to relocate.
Family friendly environment!
Hostess (Former Employee), Plano, TXOctober 14, 2014
Pros: managers were friendly, playful yet extremely professional
Cons: saw 6 managers come and go in the time i worked here.
A typical work day weather calm or not would always turn out great because of the great communication between my co-workers and I.
Food service industry.
Host (Former Employee), Burleson, TXOctober 5, 2014
Pros: free meals, strong relationships.
Cons: poor management, long stressful hours.
A typical day at Darden Red Lobster is generally slow unless it's Endless Shrimp season, in which case the wait to be seated begins around 11 AM and ends at 9 PM during the week, 11 PM weekends. Management is scarce and unhelpful, much more interested in the happiness of guests, rather than the happiness or productiveness of employees. Co-workers are helpful and friendly. The hardest part of the job is the stress of the guests and demanding attitudes, and the most enjoyable part is the relationships with co-workers.
a great place to work
Serevice Professional (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 2, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: slow days
Open at 11 get first guests by 1105 wow them .Stay busy all day and love it.I learned that every person is important and should be treated the same way.Our management team is awesome.My co-workers are my friends.The hardest part of my job is not being able to correct an issue.The most enjoyable part of my job is making someone smile when they are having a bad day.
enjoyable
waiter (Former Employee), Portage, Mi.September 30, 2014
Pros: great health care
Cons: not enough hours or money
very good management/
learned about Italian fast food
nice co- workers
Start at 11am work until 2pm if a split back at 4pm til close
most enjoyable the differrent guests
hardest difficult guests
It was my first job, and therefore a huge learning experience
Busser (Current Employee), Maplewood, MOSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: being recommended to by customers by other customers for my attitude and hospitality
Cons: short breaks, managements lack of communication, 90% guests were /very/ ghetto
A typical day could be busy or slow. I preferred the handling the inbound phone calls to maintaining an assigned section (which was not easy)
I'll remain professional and say that Management and myself generally didn't see eye-to-eye. I tried to work smart, not hard and keep my prescence below-the-radar unless necessary
A few of my coworkers were nice, but overall a very rough and tumble group of people. Would recommend the job I had only to the desperate to work type.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with Management. One person would tell you to do a task, and as you rush to complete it, another member of managment would come over and tell you to do something else. If you were to tell the latter that you were already working on something assigned by the former, they would be confused or upset. It became apparent very quickly that the lanes of communication between management were blurred at the very least.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the look on customers faces when you actually help them find what they were looking for. If not the very product, then a good imitation. Also, when people would come in looking for me specifically because I was so helpful and polite last time.

1 2 3 4 5