Darden

Darden Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Company went down hill fast
Regional Hiring and Training Manager (Former Employee), New YorkMay 8, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: everything else
The company changed their focus from quality to quantity and it showed. Not making product in house anymore everything was outsourced. Focus was not longer on guests but now saving labor and lowering costs.
Serving is not for everyone but serving for a corporate company makes it very difficult.
Server/Host /Togo Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 3, 2015
Pros: discounts on food
Cons: not a consistent income
I constantly had guests who were pretty much trying to get free meals, you could have given them the greatest service of your career and they'd be unhappy sadly even though many times the managers knew what was happening they would NOT back you up if corporate was called or if someone complained. I cannot lie however there are also great days where you have amazing guests who can many times become your regulars and some days you can make up to $250 in one day but if management doesn't look out for you as their employee well it's pretty much pointless because as easily as you can make those $250 during an off season you can end up going home with just $20 in your pocket.
Good company
Staffing & Training Manager (Current Employee), Nashua NHApril 30, 2015
Great Job security they are always busy, they hire great people. very hard to get terminated. bonus system is now terrible.
Fast pace and fun to work
Beth Adkins Manager (Former Employee), Adrian, MIApril 27, 2015
This is a fast pace and fun to work at if you enjoy seafood, the days start early and only on some occasion have to stay late. Management is good and very smart on there jobs. They offer half off on lunches and dinners.
Friendly and family-like environment
Hostess, Server (Current Employee), Bloomington, INApril 20, 2015
Darden is a great company to work for. They offer full-time benefits to part-time employees, treat their employees well, and create a fun, flexible, helpful environment to work in. I have made so many friends working for this company. Don't get me wrong, there are some people I don't like, and the managers can have their moments when they seem to make everyone mad, but overall it's been the best company I've worked for so far.
Pillar company of Orlando
Manager Menu Operations (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 15, 2015
The experience I've had working for a Fortune 500 company has been an amazing ride, with a lot of opportunity for change and growth.
Just like high school.
To Go Specialist (Former Employee), Florence, KYApril 7, 2015
This probably would of been a better place to work if I were older and was able to work off of tips but for the money I was making and the things I had to do. It wasn't worth it. They don't train properly. They expect you to know everything your first day before you've even been trained. This place was not for me. There was more drama in this work place than food going out.
You get out of it what you put in to it.
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 9, 2015
Job with endless possibilities. The company offers excellent benefit compensation(s). You work a lot of hours but the experience is fun and exciting.
fun work place. Increase restaurant profit.
Server/ Certified Trainer (CT) (Former Employee), Concord, NCMarch 4, 2015
Made me take initiative to find extra tasks. the most enjoyable was having contact with customers on a one on one basis. built lifetime friendships.
very fun place to work
Olive Garden (Current Employee), Bluffton, SCFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: discounted meals
Cons: not enough hours for hosts
all co workers get along and work well together ive learned quickly to work in a fast paced environment this is my first experience in food and beverage and ive learned alot very quickly
My Day to Day
Certified Trainer/Server/To-Go Specialist (Current Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 17, 2015
Everyday is a different experience because working with the public can be unexpected mood flow. The most enjoyable part of my day is being able to make someone smile and enjoy themselves. My co workers are like family Olive Garden has that slogan for a reason the Italian way is to welcome and it is a wonderful place to work.
Olive Garden (Current Employee), Coeur d'Alene, IDFebruary 9, 2015
great first job, I learned many different positions from making soups to bussing tables. the co workers are great, every one is family at the olive garden 1540
Seasonally Inspired...
Server/Bartender, Seasons (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 6, 2015
The staff are really great people. It is nice going to work and being with a second family. Management does their best to keep everyone happy. When you aren't in the slow months money is really good there too!
it was fun just working with great employes
Bartender/food runner (Former Employee), Merritt IslandJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: the specials they are extremely good and hot
Cons: not much just not being able to sit in a booth
We were greeted right away server came up introduced himself took our drink order and in about 3min. When we got our lunch in about 10 min overall realy a nice expirence
High Paced, Social and Challenging
Bartender/Trainer/Server (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 17, 2015
I think that this is a job that takes skills and attention to detail. Not everyone can do what we do and it makes me happy to know I can make it. I have always enjoyed working for the company and they make it easy to move up in position and allows me to go to school.
Loved the job
Service Manager (Former Employee), Anderson, SCJanuary 13, 2015
Loved working for Darden. Hours could be long but advancement within the company was always encouraged.
productive workplace with lots of training
Server (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAJanuary 9, 2015
the training i recieved at darden shaped a lot of my opinions about customer service and the way that people should be treated as customers.
overall on par with larger corporations around the area
Marketing Analyst (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 17, 2014
nice company
large corporate
trying to modernize
fun events
Great working environment
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Owensboro, KYDecember 15, 2014
Pros: learning to communicate with others from a different culture, taking pride in hard days work
A typical day at work consisted of hard labor. I learned to communicate with people that spoke a different language than I did and to push my own stamina boundaries. Management was great. My co-workers were very patient with me when it came to learning to communicate with one another as we did not speak the same languages. The hardest part of this job was weed-eating up and down large hills for 12hrs a day and learning to communicate with others that spoke a different language. The most enjoyable part of this job was taking pride in the hard work that I accomplished as I was the only female on the crew as well as learning a little bit of Spanish.
Better pay than most restaurants
Hostess/Server & Certified Trainer (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCDecember 4, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: poor management
Worked here for 2.5 years and have been through THIRTEEN different managers. This only includes those who stayed long enough to have a business card.

I stayed so long because you won't find another restaurant who pays their hourly employees this much.

There used to be room for growth as every manager had to start as a standard employee but not anymore.

1 2 3 4 5

Darden Photos

Christmas party with my coworkers