Danson Decor Inc is the Leader in Import / Distribution of Seasonal Decorations designed for commercial Holidays. In business for over 70 years the company now sells over 10,000 decorative items throughout all Canada.
We are presently looking for a motivated and creative Product Designer to join our team.
This position directly reports to the Manager, Graphic Arts and indirectly to the Director, Product Management.
Design and Trend Research:
- Develop and execute product designs that achieve overall company product strategy and merchandise objectives.
- Participate in research and development of seasonal trends.
- Interpret seasonal fashion direction, assortment opportunities and merchandise trends.
- Partner with Product Managers and Sales team to prepare and produce cohesive product presentations, including
concept and story boards etc. to help sell concepts to customers during line review and sales meetings.
- Ensure customer specific designs meet customer plans, assortment strategies and overall creative direction.
- Assist the Product Managers and Sales team in presenting and selling seasonal concepts to customers.
- Ensure total design communications with vendor base (providing design information in a clear and concise format
that vendors can easily understand and execute).
- Ensure administrative follow-up with vendor base relating to the design and samples.
- Shop the trend market seeking design inspiration (materials, fashion, color, and trade).
- Regularly shop the retail markets seeking new merchandise/trend ideas.
- Modify the product line based on Product Manager and customer input.
- Select and approve, in conjunction with the Product Managers, styles, materials, trims and colors that fit into the
program and style plans.
- Review development samples.
- Effectively communicate all designs and concepts with other members of the Design team to ensure uniformity of
message and branding including product packaging.
- Communicate regularly with Product Managers to gather input and share line development direction.
- Adhere to the seasonal time and action calendar.
- Work with the Sales and Marketing team, in conjunction with the Manager, Graphic Arts, to design and execute
flyers, promotional material, POP (Point of Purchase) displays, web elements for web site, and other marketing materials and elements as needed.
- 3-5 years of experience in Home Décor product design or development.
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop on Apple OS based hardware.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and communication skills.
- Ability to work well and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player with the ability to work autonomously.
- Creative and able to design products based on fashion trends.
- Knowledge of Home Décor fashion with a firm grasp of shapes, forms and colours as related to Home Décor.
Working hours: 8:30-4:30pm
Group Insurance plan after 3 months
6 personal/sick days after 3 months
Canada Savings Bonds Payroll Purchase Plan (Open October 1st to November 1st of each year)
Group Registered Retirement Pension Plan available