Danier Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun workplace with potential of meeting new people everyday
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairview MallAugust 9, 2016
I worked with this company for 3.5 years. I started with customer service representative position and become customer service manager. The overall experience was awesome as I learned very much day by day. Dealing with different types of customer and offering different service to each of them was very fun. Management team was perfect and almost all the employees were on the same page with a unique goal. Hardest part of the job was the physical work that needed to be done and most enjoyable part was helping customers and making the daily targeted sales.
productive
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJune 27, 2016
As a team player being a proactive employee. My goal is to benefit the overall team. For instance, you are working in editorial and you are among several other staff members assigned to review articles that need to be published by the end of day. You finish all your assigned articles, but see other staff members are struggling to finish on time. You offer to help. This is characteristic of a team player. You are not only helping other team members, but looking at the overall need to the organization to have all the articles published in time.this is what ill do
Pros
free lunches
A typical day at work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 10, 2016
I love Mondays, mostly because the day flies by in a flash. On a given day, during the early hours you will find me speaking to the clients, finding out – proactively – what their priorities are for the week, meeting with team for half hour to communicate the clients’ needs and organizing the team schedules around the client’s priorities. I do this on Monday so that the rest of the week is well organized and we can effectively use our team’s time in exceeding client’s expectations and avoid Friday evening surprises. Rest of the week goes in delivering the product(s), updating the status with the client, answering emails and calls from our global teams. My role involves extensive management responsibilities and staying organized is not an option.
Pros
EXTRA HOURS, LONG DAYS, FRIENDLY ENVIORMENT
Cons
N/A
It was a great place to work
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NBJune 9, 2016
A typical day at Danier was keeping busy plus making sales.
I learned so much in the two years i worked there, I learned how to deal with certain situations really quick. Management was really good to work for, very good at explaining the job. And the hardest part of the would have to be dealing with customers that are very angry and upset, but I learned how to deal with those situations/
Pros
Loved working with people
Cons
lots of hours
Constructive and amicable atmosphere
Part-time seasonal associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 9, 2016
As a customer service associate at Danier Leather Co. I helped with inventory and performed duties of a cashier while ensuring customer satisfaction. My co-workers were very patient with me and only had constructive things to say during my training period which eased me into a steady work flow that was comfortable and efficient. Management was flexible with my work shifts as I am a student and I never had a problem with them. It was a very good work experience where I learned the fundamentals of customer service.
very sales driven
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canmore, ABMay 9, 2016
Danier was a fun first step into luxury retail.
A typical day at work for us was looking at our daily goals and our focus for the day, and driving sales to reach our target.
I learned tons about leather products that has benefited me even after I left Danier. The Management while i was there was constantly changing but aside from that fact we had very productive managers.
I made great friends at Danier that I have continued to keep in contact with. the difficult part of the job was in the warmer season to sell jackets in the summer was difficult because it is not a necessity, so you have to sell them based on their looks mainly. I found the most enjoyable part of the job to be just working around the products that I had so much faith in.
It was a great company to work for and a place were you could grow.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 25, 2016
I've learnt a lot at working at Danier Leather as a store manager.

I loved the culture, the DM's and how the company was operated. This company was very caring for all their employees and valued each and everyone.

The best was my team, they were all very caring about making our daily sales target, share their great selling tips and helpful to each other. Myself and the team worked a family which made our store shine in sales and winning contests one after the other.

This store was bottom 10 before I took over and when I left the company our store was top 5 stores in GTA. We all able to meet and exceed our targets by helping each other, sharing great ideas.
Fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCApril 14, 2016
Typically we are selling and restocking, always making sure the store looks presentable. MY co workers and I, including management, get along very well. We are like our own little family. We all have a sense of humour, and make the long days go by faster by keeping good company. The hardest part of my job is probably finding the line between being too pushy when making a sale. Some people don't want to spend that much money, so I feel bad selling to them. The best part of the job is when I personally pick an item for a customer and they love it and buy it. It makes me feel good knowing that they approve of my taste and have left the store happy.
Warm work environment, fun to be in and a great learning experience.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 8, 2016
I was a sales associate, attending to customers during my shifts. The best part about working in this job is talking to the customers, really helping and guiding them to find the best product worth the value of the amount they're paying. What satisfies me is when customers feel that they are getting more worth than the price they are paying.
My co-workers and managers were amazing. They are extremely supportive, patient and uplifting to be around.
Hard, productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ONJune 7, 2016
This is a hard, but rewarding working environment. We were always required to put forth ur best effort in order to meet sales goals, personal goals and the store goals. My co-workers were awesome people, who became my friends. Going to work and being able to work alongside them was the best part of the job.
Great team environment, learnenet a lot in a short period of time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 19, 2016
The team of ladies I worked with had no problems helping me learn so that I learned how to sell quickly from their experience and the days flew by as we all got along great, including management my co-workers and the clients that came into the store.
Fun and social job with focus on customer service
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  London, ONMarch 20, 2016
My experience with Danier has been nothing but wonderful. I love that I get to work one-on-one with each unique customer to help them purchase a beautiful product that never disappoints. The managers and associates are top-notch, and the training is fun, in-depth, and continuous. My favourite part of the job is that you take care of the entire customer experience from when they enter the store to when they cash out. The biggest challenge is meeting the individual sales goals while keeping teamwork a strong focus. However when this challenge is overcome the results are spectacular.
Great work environment, nice co-workers and extremely flexible.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 4, 2016
- Typically busy throughout the day
- Learned a lot about customer service
- Both management and co-workers were great
- Nothing specifically hard about the job
- Working with the company was fairly fun and extremely flexible
Former Danier Employee is seeking used Danier leather pants and shorts...
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 21, 2016
I am a former Danier employee. I greatly enjoyed working for the wonderful company. I'm now seeking to buy used Danier leather pants and shorts--any size--any condition.
Pros
Dedicated co-workers
Cons
Danier went bankrupt
Conducive work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 22, 2016
My colleagues made me feel so comfortable at work and they taught me all I needed to know to succeed without hesitation. My manager was also very helpful in helping me grow. I loved meeting and talking to different people everyday, although customers could be a handful, it was worth it.
Productive and challenge work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONFebruary 20, 2016
satisfied customer to make good about themselves, guild them to find the best product.

I learned how important the teamwork and the five Danier non-negotiable skills to accomplish the target and increase sales.

Danier has a strong management team, therefore the processes operated very effectively and efficiently. It gains a vast of benefits from good management, for instance reduce the employee turnaround.

Co-workers are trained very professional to do their job. We build a trustworthy workplace environment.

I really enjoy the sense of achievement from customers satisfaction about their shopping experience under my service.
Pros
Flexible work time
Cons
low salary
Not a bad work environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2016
High season is great! Great sales, good commission and amazing hours. Every work day is about the same. You get a few customers who love to spend their money and then there are those who are "just browsing". I've learned to adapt to different people and get a better understanding of what they're thinking and feeling. There will always be that ONE difficult customer, but as long as you make light of the situation and know what to say to diffuse situation, then you're fine.
Management could definitely be better.
Co-workers are great, some better than others.
There's really nothing difficult about this job
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers about products. But most importantly, trying on the products for yourself.
Pros
good staff, great employee discount
Cons
no hours, dead after high season, wage
Great environment, but not good wage
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 11, 2016
Danier was one of my first jobs, and I truly lucked out with having a strong relationship with my team!! I had a great manager, which I wish I knew was as great as she was at the time. Having worked at other jobs now, I truly see how amazing she was. With that being said, the wage is a damper. You don't get reviews so I was making the same wage for about 3 years....minimum wage. I kept receiving an A grading in sales, so I was performing my duties. That is the only thing that sucks, other than that, if cash isn't a big issue for you, this is a good place to work.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Wage
Productive work area
KeyHolder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Nova ScotiaFebruary 12, 2016
Fun environment to work in at times. Learning how to manage sales and making a team effort to complete weekly goals for the store. Co-workers are friendly. Slow seasons are the hardest part about the job, not being able to make your daily/weekly goal with lack of clients. Making customers feel satisfied and creating great relationships with them also making my weekly goals and achievements.
Productive and friendly environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 18, 2016
The staff members and team were one of the best that I have worked with. Constantly supporting each other and always working to the best of their ability.
Pros
great team and support