Danier Employee Reviews

Often fun enviornment and co workers worked hard
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2016
As soon as I walk into Danier, I like to get there a bit early to catch up with my co workers on how the day is going and talk about promotions and tasks that need to be completed for the day. Be sure I look presentable and do my job as efficiently as possible while juggling many duties for store operations and servicing customers.
I've learned a lot on how to prioritize my work life and keep it separate from my personal life. I'm a very organized and clean person so working fast pace while keeping everything in proper order makes for less work later on. My manager was always very helpful and only had her employees happiness at heart. If they weren't happy with a situation, had an attitude, personal issues, or struggle, she would always take time to talk with them one-on-one and make sure that everyone was happy coming into work and provide outside help if necessary. I love being part of a team and making sure by the end of the day, it was ran smoothly with little to no issues.
Pros
Positive enviornment
Cons
Salary
Not the best but it pays the bill
KEY HOLDER/ SALES LEAD (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 October 2016
Bad management and careerkiller for young professionls looking to break into the "bigger fashion industry". No room for growth within the company except for "top senior management" eg ceo
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
NOTHING
A typical day at work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 August 2016
I love Mondays, mostly because the day flies by in a flash. On a given day, during the early hours you will find me speaking to the clients, finding out – proactively – what their priorities are for the week, meeting with team for half hour to communicate the clients’ needs and organizing the team schedules around the client’s priorities. I do this on Monday so that the rest of the week is well organized and we can effectively use our team’s time in exceeding client’s expectations and avoid Friday evening surprises. Rest of the week goes in delivering the product(s), updating the status with the client, answering emails and calls from our global teams. My role involves extensive management responsibilities and staying organized is not an option.
Pros
EXTRA HOURS, LONG DAYS, FRIENDLY ENVIORMENT
Cons
N/A
Fun workplace with potential of meeting new people everyday
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairview Mall9 August 2016
I worked with this company for 3.5 years. I started with customer service representative position and become customer service manager. The overall experience was awesome as I learned very much day by day. Dealing with different types of customer and offering different service to each of them was very fun. Management team was perfect and almost all the employees were on the same page with a unique goal. Hardest part of the job was the physical work that needed to be done and most enjoyable part was helping customers and making the daily targeted sales.
Productive and challenge work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON20 February 2016
satisfied customer to make good about themselves, guild them to find the best product.

I learned how important the teamwork and the five Danier non-negotiable skills to accomplish the target and increase sales.

Danier has a strong management team, therefore the processes operated very effectively and efficiently. It gains a vast of benefits from good management, for instance reduce the employee turnaround.

Co-workers are trained very professional to do their job. We build a trustworthy workplace environment.

I really enjoy the sense of achievement from customers satisfaction about their shopping experience under my service.
Pros
Flexible work time
Cons
low salary
productive
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North York, ON27 June 2016
As a team player being a proactive employee. My goal is to benefit the overall team. For instance, you are working in editorial and you are among several other staff members assigned to review articles that need to be published by the end of day. You finish all your assigned articles, but see other staff members are struggling to finish on time. You offer to help. This is characteristic of a team player. You are not only helping other team members, but looking at the overall need to the organization to have all the articles published in time.this is what ill do
Pros
free lunches
Cons
It was a great place to work
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB9 June 2016
A typical day at Danier was keeping busy plus making sales.
I learned so much in the two years i worked there, I learned how to deal with certain situations really quick. Management was really good to work for, very good at explaining the job. And the hardest part of the would have to be dealing with customers that are very angry and upset, but I learned how to deal with those situations/
Pros
Loved working with people
Cons
lots of hours
very sales driven
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canmore, AB9 May 2016
Danier was a fun first step into luxury retail.
A typical day at work for us was looking at our daily goals and our focus for the day, and driving sales to reach our target.
I learned tons about leather products that has benefited me even after I left Danier. The Management while i was there was constantly changing but aside from that fact we had very productive managers.
I made great friends at Danier that I have continued to keep in contact with. the difficult part of the job was in the warmer season to sell jackets in the summer was difficult because it is not a necessity, so you have to sell them based on their looks mainly. I found the most enjoyable part of the job to be just working around the products that I had so much faith in.
Not good payment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2016
Though the company is currently closes since it went bankrupt, the salary wasn't that good if you're not working with commission, other then that, the company offered my a chance to work in a field that was unknown for me
It was a great company to work for and a place were you could grow.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 April 2016
I've learnt a lot at working at Danier Leather as a store manager.

I loved the culture, the DM's and how the company was operated. This company was very caring for all their employees and valued each and everyone.

The best was my team, they were all very caring about making our daily sales target, share their great selling tips and helpful to each other. Myself and the team worked a family which made our store shine in sales and winning contests one after the other.

This store was bottom 10 before I took over and when I left the company our store was top 5 stores in GTA. We all able to meet and exceed our targets by helping each other, sharing great ideas.
Great team environment, learnenet a lot in a short period of time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 August 2016
The team of ladies I worked with had no problems helping me learn so that I learned how to sell quickly from their experience and the days flew by as we all got along great, including management my co-workers and the clients that came into the store.
Constructive and amicable atmosphere
Part-time seasonal associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON9 May 2016
As a customer service associate at Danier Leather Co. I helped with inventory and performed duties of a cashier while ensuring customer satisfaction. My co-workers were very patient with me and only had constructive things to say during my training period which eased me into a steady work flow that was comfortable and efficient. Management was flexible with my work shifts as I am a student and I never had a problem with them. It was a very good work experience where I learned the fundamentals of customer service.
Fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC14 April 2016
Typically we are selling and restocking, always making sure the store looks presentable. MY co workers and I, including management, get along very well. We are like our own little family. We all have a sense of humour, and make the long days go by faster by keeping good company. The hardest part of my job is probably finding the line between being too pushy when making a sale. Some people don't want to spend that much money, so I feel bad selling to them. The best part of the job is when I personally pick an item for a customer and they love it and buy it. It makes me feel good knowing that they approve of my taste and have left the store happy.
Energetic yet slightly demotivated
Co-Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 April 2016
I loved working at Danier for the multiple years that I was there. I've learned many things about the people I work with, the customers I interact with and many other things. You can never know to much about one specific item. Management was very tiered, having certain people that you had to go to for answers and it could get very tiresome. My coworkers came and went, with very few left from when I started. It was sad, but you could watch them learn to dislike working in retail and they would leave to find better things for them. Yes, I was happy that they were improving themselves, but it was sad to see them go.
The hardest part about my job is dealing with entitled customers. Keeping a smile on your face whilst they demean your staff and yourself, just so you can stay "professional" is definitely the hardest part.
I love the product and seeing the return customers who come in and talk about how much they love the store. I enjoyed hearing their stories and getting to know them on a personal level.
Pros
Great people and product
Cons
Expensive
Great work environment, nice co-workers and extremely flexible.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 July 2016
- Typically busy throughout the day
- Learned a lot about customer service
- Both management and co-workers were great
- Nothing specifically hard about the job
- Working with the company was fairly fun and extremely flexible
Not a bad work environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2016
High season is great! Great sales, good commission and amazing hours. Every work day is about the same. You get a few customers who love to spend their money and then there are those who are "just browsing". I've learned to adapt to different people and get a better understanding of what they're thinking and feeling. There will always be that ONE difficult customer, but as long as you make light of the situation and know what to say to diffuse situation, then you're fine.
Management could definitely be better.
Co-workers are great, some better than others.
There's really nothing difficult about this job
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers about products. But most importantly, trying on the products for yourself.
Pros
good staff, great employee discount
Cons
no hours, dead after high season, wage
very sales driven
Co-Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2016
No work life balance.
No good benefits or incentives programs.
Great team building environment.
More training programs needed.
Great team to work with great tools for motivation
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON28 September 2016
Danier was a great place to work with high sales goals. However the company went bankrupt. Danier always carried a high class level and specialty product. This allowed us as employees to create a connection and report with customers.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Strict hour requirements
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale Toronto20 November 2016
On a commission based environment i was inspired to engage and sell with a great effort. I had a very supporting team. I learnt ways to create excellent service and build a common connection with customers.
Productive and friendly environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 August 2016
The staff members and team were one of the best that I have worked with. Constantly supporting each other and always working to the best of their ability.
Pros
great team and support