Danier Employee Reviews

Excellent Company to work for
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON24 January 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Danier and it is a true shame the company ceased business in 2016.

The continuing training for both staff and management went a long way to improving our individual store ranking.

The inception of online shopping offered a unique opportunity to boost sales and to encourage rural dwellers to shop online. Online shopping boosted sales over the 2014 Christmas season and continued growth into 2015.

The Entrepreneurial style of management allowed us to connect with the local community and offer an individualized style to the store and level of service offered to our new and repeat clients.
Pros
Employee Training, Staff Benefits and Wages
Cons
Weekends and Nights
Not the best but it pays the bill
KEY HOLDER/ SALES LEAD (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 October 2016
Bad management and careerkiller for young professionls looking to break into the "bigger fashion industry". No room for growth within the company except for "top senior management" eg ceo
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
NOTHING
Often fun enviornment and co workers worked hard
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2016
As soon as I walk into Danier, I like to get there a bit early to catch up with my co workers on how the day is going and talk about promotions and tasks that need to be completed for the day. Be sure I look presentable and do my job as efficiently as possible while juggling many duties for store operations and servicing customers.
I've learned a lot on how to prioritize my work life and keep it separate from my personal life. I'm a very organized and clean person so working fast pace while keeping everything in proper order makes for less work later on. My manager was always very helpful and only had her employees happiness at heart. If they weren't happy with a situation, had an attitude, personal issues, or struggle, she would always take time to talk with them one-on-one and make sure that everyone was happy coming into work and provide outside help if necessary. I love being part of a team and making sure by the end of the day, it was ran smoothly with little to no issues.
Pros
Positive enviornment
Cons
Salary
company went bankrupt
Team Leader/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC20 March 2017
Was a good enviroment to work in, great colleagues. Typical day was serving clients, taking regional conference calls, and paperwork. I was part of the management team. Hardest part of the job was coaching new employees and motivating them. Most enjoyable part was the staff.
Pros
good support
Fun workplace with great management
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON5 February 2017
Learned a great amount about sales and creating relationships with customers. Management was very supportive and helpful. The hardest part of the job was remaining positive and upbeat for customers on days such as boxing day.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Long days standing
A typical day at work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 August 2016
I love Mondays, mostly because the day flies by in a flash. On a given day, during the early hours you will find me speaking to the clients, finding out – proactively – what their priorities are for the week, meeting with team for half hour to communicate the clients’ needs and organizing the team schedules around the client’s priorities. I do this on Monday so that the rest of the week is well organized and we can effectively use our team’s time in exceeding client’s expectations and avoid Friday evening surprises. Rest of the week goes in delivering the product(s), updating the status with the client, answering emails and calls from our global teams. My role involves extensive management responsibilities and staying organized is not an option.
Pros
EXTRA HOURS, LONG DAYS, FRIENDLY ENVIORMENT
Cons
N/A
fantastic place to work!
Director of Operations - Relaunch (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
Absolutely beautiful product and exciting new store concept. Huge growth opportunities with a very supportive management style. New training and development programs for every employee to help you achieve optimum results.
Great Experience
Sales Associate and handled Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2017

Fun workplace with potential of meeting new people everyday
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairview Mall9 August 2016
I worked with this company for 3.5 years. I started with customer service representative position and become customer service manager. The overall experience was awesome as I learned very much day by day. Dealing with different types of customer and offering different service to each of them was very fun. Management team was perfect and almost all the employees were on the same page with a unique goal. Hardest part of the job was the physical work that needed to be done and most enjoyable part was helping customers and making the daily targeted sales.
Fun, friendly team and environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON15 December 2016
A typical day at Danier starts with a chat-in with the team leader Scanning sales floor for merchandise placement/store set-up, trying and exploring new products. Catching up with co-workers, interacting with customers and working as a team to achieving day's target both personal and as a store.

The hardest part of the job is the stress on the body from standing for long periods, not always able to meet the customer's needs.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Standing for entire shift, hard on feet and lower back
I enjoy working in a team-oriented environment.
Sales Associate in "Danier Leather" (Former Employee) –  Toronto, On 2650, St.Clair ave W.25 February 2017
Over my 16 Years professional experience I have been one of the best sales (sold over $13,000,000.00 in merchandise) that has been honored with the top sales awards for 8 consecutive years. Undaunted by hard work, and with a commitment to excellence, peers and supervisors relied on me for my accuracy, organization, and ability to complete company’s sales objectives.
productive
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North York, ON27 June 2016
As a team player being a proactive employee. My goal is to benefit the overall team. For instance, you are working in editorial and you are among several other staff members assigned to review articles that need to be published by the end of day. You finish all your assigned articles, but see other staff members are struggling to finish on time. You offer to help. This is characteristic of a team player. You are not only helping other team members, but looking at the overall need to the organization to have all the articles published in time.this is what ill do
Pros
free lunches
Not good payment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2016
Though the company is currently closes since it went bankrupt, the salary wasn't that good if you're not working with commission, other then that, the company offered my a chance to work in a field that was unknown for me
Productive and challenge work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON20 February 2016
satisfied customer to make good about themselves, guild them to find the best product.

I learned how important the teamwork and the five Danier non-negotiable skills to accomplish the target and increase sales.

Danier has a strong management team, therefore the processes operated very effectively and efficiently. It gains a vast of benefits from good management, for instance reduce the employee turnaround.

Co-workers are trained very professional to do their job. We build a trustworthy workplace environment.

I really enjoy the sense of achievement from customers satisfaction about their shopping experience under my service.
Pros
Flexible work time
Cons
low salary
It was a great place to work
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB9 June 2016
A typical day at Danier was keeping busy plus making sales.
I learned so much in the two years i worked there, I learned how to deal with certain situations really quick. Management was really good to work for, very good at explaining the job. And the hardest part of the would have to be dealing with customers that are very angry and upset, but I learned how to deal with those situations/
Pros
Loved working with people
Cons
lots of hours
Great team environment, learnenet a lot in a short period of time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 August 2016
The team of ladies I worked with had no problems helping me learn so that I learned how to sell quickly from their experience and the days flew by as we all got along great, including management my co-workers and the clients that came into the store.
very sales driven
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canmore, AB9 May 2016
Danier was a fun first step into luxury retail.
A typical day at work for us was looking at our daily goals and our focus for the day, and driving sales to reach our target.
I learned tons about leather products that has benefited me even after I left Danier. The Management while i was there was constantly changing but aside from that fact we had very productive managers.
I made great friends at Danier that I have continued to keep in contact with. the difficult part of the job was in the warmer season to sell jackets in the summer was difficult because it is not a necessity, so you have to sell them based on their looks mainly. I found the most enjoyable part of the job to be just working around the products that I had so much faith in.
It was a great company to work for and a place were you could grow.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 April 2016
I've learnt a lot at working at Danier Leather as a store manager.

I loved the culture, the DM's and how the company was operated. This company was very caring for all their employees and valued each and everyone.

The best was my team, they were all very caring about making our daily sales target, share their great selling tips and helpful to each other. Myself and the team worked a family which made our store shine in sales and winning contests one after the other.

This store was bottom 10 before I took over and when I left the company our store was top 5 stores in GTA. We all able to meet and exceed our targets by helping each other, sharing great ideas.
Constructive and amicable atmosphere
Part-time seasonal associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON9 May 2016
As a customer service associate at Danier Leather Co. I helped with inventory and performed duties of a cashier while ensuring customer satisfaction. My co-workers were very patient with me and only had constructive things to say during my training period which eased me into a steady work flow that was comfortable and efficient. Management was flexible with my work shifts as I am a student and I never had a problem with them. It was a very good work experience where I learned the fundamentals of customer service.
Fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC14 April 2016
Typically we are selling and restocking, always making sure the store looks presentable. MY co workers and I, including management, get along very well. We are like our own little family. We all have a sense of humour, and make the long days go by faster by keeping good company. The hardest part of my job is probably finding the line between being too pushy when making a sale. Some people don't want to spend that much money, so I feel bad selling to them. The best part of the job is when I personally pick an item for a customer and they love it and buy it. It makes me feel good knowing that they approve of my taste and have left the store happy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Danier. Our community is ready to answer.

62%