Danier Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great environment, but not good wage
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 11, 2016
Pros: Good environment
Cons: Wage
Danier was one of my first jobs, and I truly lucked out with having a strong relationship with my team!! I had a great manager, which I wish I knew was as great as she was at the time. Having worked at other jobs now, I truly see how amazing she was. With that being said, the wage is a damper. You don't get reviews so I was making the same wage for about 3 years....minimum wage. I kept receiving an A grading in sales, so I was performing my duties. That is the only thing that sucks, other than that, if cash isn't a big issue for you, this is a good place to work.
Enjoyable workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 24, 2016
Pros: Decent Hours
Cons: Extreme hostility between co-workers
This workplace is enjoyable but the management was very bad with their communication. many of my co-workers were very nice and enjoyable to work with, although their were quite a few issues with the way they spoke about each other behind closed doors.
fun working place with lots of responsabilities
Senior Sales consultant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 21, 2016
earned lots of experience training and supervising employees
team work environment
management was always changing which made it difficult to adapt
Stressful
Customer Service/Keyholder/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: Friends
Cons: Stressful
- Stressful job
- Too much different training things all the time
- Push you too hard to get sales
- Daily sales quotas are unrealistic
- Don't get paid enough
- Co-workers were great for the most part
- Most enjoyable part of the job for me was dealing with shipment
A fun, challenging place to work
Co­Manager (Current Employee), Kingston, ONNovember 8, 2015
Everyday I come to work with something new to discover. I work with all kinds of customers that not only are looking for a new jacket or product to buy but are also teaching me how to better my job.
I work on commission, so each day I learn a different approach on how to better my skills as an associate and as a co manager.
I look over 10 staff and work under the manager. I am in charge of doing payroll weekly, staff reviews which includes holding staff accountable for their weekly targets.
I have a weekly goal as well which challenges me and helps me work towards something everyday.
The most enjoyable part of the job is finding that perfect product for a customer and making sure they are leaving happy and returning again to purchase more.
Fun work environment with many opportunities to advance
Part-Time Keyholder and Sales Lead (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONOctober 4, 2015
I enjoyed working together with the store management as a Part-Time Keyholder. The company procedures at Danier are well organized and fair.
low pay and hard work
Team Lead (Former Employee), british columbiaOctober 2, 2015
low pay with no promise of a raise even when you work hard and deserve it. Others hired at a higher rate than those who have been there months longer
Good Company
Assistance Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 16, 2015
A fun and good company to work for, excellent customer service experince. I had a great team i worked with as well as a good Mangement
Fun place to work
Co-Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, ONAugust 19, 2015
Pros: commission based, competitive
Cons: shift work, stand all day
It is all about selling and making money.
It is a fun place to work when you have a strong team and coaching has a lot to do with it.
When you are in management it is all about the politics.
productive and demanding
sales associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 14, 2015
Pros: snacks, salary
Cons: hours not given out fairly, management is the worse
A typical day at work is pricing the store or helping with stock. The co-workers are great, every one is extremely friendly and some even have become best friend since meeting at Danier. Hardest part of the job is having such an extreme amount of pressure set on you as an individual if sales target is not being met or with anything at all really. Best part of the job is the benefits.
Fun and enthusiastic environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 17, 2015
Pros: Meeting and talking to new people.
Cons: -
Each day was very competitive, learned how to make great sales and a lot about latest fashion. Management was very friendly and understanding. Co-workers were very competitive since it was a commission sales. The hardest part of the job was closing and the most enjoyable part was meeting daily sales target.
Stressful worrk place
Sales Associate/key holder (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 11, 2015
Pros: free leather jacket for hard work
Cons: not enough pay
You work on commission and there is always something to do. You'll have to watch your back as they will try to get the most work out of you for as cheap.
review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), edmontonJune 8, 2015
customer service

learned cashier / customer service duties

management was unfair at this location

hardest part was constant sizing/ organization/ computer tasks extremely un organized.

co workers were job minded

typical day of work was spent in the back doing sizing/organizing/ leather jackets / products
Danier leather Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Markham, ONJune 3, 2015
Pros: 65% off
Cons: Co-workers stealing commission
Typical day of work is hard and draining. You learn a lot about the product and how to sell to customers. The manager is rude and lacks communication with her staff. Associates barely get any hours. Sales on products are commission based and your co-workers will steal your sales.
Great Discount & Commission, awesome staff, slow, boring.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 28, 2015
Pros: Discount, Commission
Cons: Pressured environment, catty competition
Danier is a good company to work for especially for someone gaining work experience. There is quite a bit of room for growth. How you do in the company does depend on your networking and sales abilities (specifically to achieve weekly targets). Low trafffic stores often lead to quite routine and boring days.
Amazing work culture
Head of Customer Service (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONApril 24, 2015
Pros: Free lunches on holidays
Cons: Inconsistent hours
I learned the basics on selling, and I learned all there is to know about the company and how to be an excellent customer service representative.
Great for professionals in sales.
Co Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 20, 2015
Pros: Company gives you all the tools you need to be successful.
Cons: You do not have much room for trial and error - the policies are quite strict.
Overall a great company to work for. Very different from most retail sales but if you last through your probationary period and have a great team on your side it is above and beyond what other retails have to offer.
my first real job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Rocky View, AlbertaApril 14, 2015
Pros: Good learning experience
Cons: not given many hours
I worked as a customer service associate. I have experience using a cash register for making sales, exchanges, returns, and entering customer information into the database. I worked as a part of a team at work with my fellow coworkers. I helped with wrapping/packaging up customer purchases, greeting customers in a polite and friendly manner, I assisted and made sales, and I helped stock and organize the store. I gained knowledge on types of leather, leather care, and fashion.
wonderful company
Receptionist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 2, 2015
Pros: great management
Cons: some heavy lifting
I loved working at Danier. It was a very busy reception area and I very much enjoyed this. So many things going on kept me on my toes! I enjoyed my co-workers very much and my managers were amazing. I had to leave to be a caregiver to a loved one and it was hard to say goodbye.
Retail
Manager (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 1, 2015
Pros: Discount of clothing
Cons: micromanagement
Work Independently
Physically Demanding
Mix of both chaotic and quiet
Cleaning