Danier Employee Reviews

company went bankrupt
Team Leader/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC20 March 2017
Was a good enviroment to work in, great colleagues. Typical day was serving clients, taking regional conference calls, and paperwork. I was part of the management team. Hardest part of the job was coaching new employees and motivating them. Most enjoyable part was the staff.
Pros
good support
Great Experience
Sales Associate and handled Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Danier and it is a true shame the company ceased business in 2016.

The continuing training for both staff and management went a long way to improving our individual store ranking.
I enjoy working in a team-oriented environment.
Sales Associate in "Danier Leather" (Former Employee) –  Toronto, On 2650, St.Clair ave W.25 February 2017
Over my 16 Years professional experience I have been one of the best sales (sold over $13,000,000.00 in merchandise) that has been honored with the top sales awards for 8 consecutive years. Undaunted by hard work, and with a commitment to excellence, peers and supervisors relied on me for my accuracy, organization, and ability to complete company’s sales objectives.
Fun workplace with great management
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON5 February 2017
Learned a great amount about sales and creating relationships with customers. Management was very supportive and helpful. The hardest part of the job was remaining positive and upbeat for customers on days such as boxing day.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Long days standing
Excellent Company to work for
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON24 January 2017

The inception of online shopping offered a unique opportunity to boost sales and to encourage rural dwellers to shop online. Online shopping boosted sales over the 2014 Christmas season and continued growth into 2015.

The Entrepreneurial style of management allowed us to connect with the local community and offer an individualized style to the store and level of service offered to our new and repeat clients.
Pros
Employee Training, Staff Benefits and Wages
Cons
Weekends and Nights
fantastic place to work!
Director of Operations - Relaunch (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
Absolutely beautiful product and exciting new store concept. Huge growth opportunities with a very supportive management style. New training and development programs for every employee to help you achieve optimum results.
Fun, friendly team and environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON15 December 2016
A typical day at Danier starts with a chat-in with the team leader Scanning sales floor for merchandise placement/store set-up, trying and exploring new products. Catching up with co-workers, interacting with customers and working as a team to achieving day's target both personal and as a store.

The hardest part of the job is the stress on the body from standing for long periods, not always able to meet the customer's needs.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Standing for entire shift, hard on feet and lower back
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale Toronto20 November 2016
On a commission based environment i was inspired to engage and sell with a great effort. I had a very supporting team. I learnt ways to create excellent service and build a common connection with customers.
Not the best but it pays the bill
KEY HOLDER/ SALES LEAD (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 October 2016
Bad management and careerkiller for young professionls looking to break into the "bigger fashion industry". No room for growth within the company except for "top senior management" eg ceo
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
NOTHING
Great team to work with great tools for motivation
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON28 September 2016
Danier was a great place to work with high sales goals. However the company went bankrupt. Danier always carried a high class level and specialty product. This allowed us as employees to create a connection and report with customers.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Strict hour requirements
Busy and fast-paced
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2016
Danier was an overall great company to work for before it closed down. The company had a great commission structure where selling was an incentive based on your personal sales.
Not good payment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2016
Though the company is currently closes since it went bankrupt, the salary wasn't that good if you're not working with commission, other then that, the company offered my a chance to work in a field that was unknown for me
Lunch Room
Box Finisher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2016
It was clean and warm for everybody to have a happy lunch together after a long working period. People had a long stressful day but we helped each other to pass the time smoothly.
Pros
Free pizza
Great team environment, learnenet a lot in a short period of time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 August 2016
The team of ladies I worked with had no problems helping me learn so that I learned how to sell quickly from their experience and the days flew by as we all got along great, including management my co-workers and the clients that came into the store.
Productive and friendly environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 August 2016
The staff members and team were one of the best that I have worked with. Constantly supporting each other and always working to the best of their ability.
Pros
great team and support
No longer a company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2016
Since they are no longer a company, it is kind of pointless to review them. They were a decent company to work for at the time and their products were very good.
A typical day at work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 August 2016
I love Mondays, mostly because the day flies by in a flash. On a given day, during the early hours you will find me speaking to the clients, finding out – proactively – what their priorities are for the week, meeting with team for half hour to communicate the clients’ needs and organizing the team schedules around the client’s priorities. I do this on Monday so that the rest of the week is well organized and we can effectively use our team’s time in exceeding client’s expectations and avoid Friday evening surprises. Rest of the week goes in delivering the product(s), updating the status with the client, answering emails and calls from our global teams. My role involves extensive management responsibilities and staying organized is not an option.
Pros
EXTRA HOURS, LONG DAYS, FRIENDLY ENVIORMENT
Cons
N/A
Fun workplace with potential of meeting new people everyday
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairview Mall9 August 2016
I worked with this company for 3.5 years. I started with customer service representative position and become customer service manager. The overall experience was awesome as I learned very much day by day. Dealing with different types of customer and offering different service to each of them was very fun. Management team was perfect and almost all the employees were on the same page with a unique goal. Hardest part of the job was the physical work that needed to be done and most enjoyable part was helping customers and making the daily targeted sales.
Former Danier Employee is seeking used Danier leather pants and shorts...
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 July 2016
I am a former Danier employee. I greatly enjoyed working for the wonderful company. I'm now seeking to buy used Danier leather pants and shorts--any size--any condition.
Pros
Dedicated co-workers
Cons
Danier went bankrupt
Great work environment, nice co-workers and extremely flexible.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 July 2016
- Typically busy throughout the day
- Learned a lot about customer service
- Both management and co-workers were great
- Nothing specifically hard about the job
- Working with the company was fairly fun and extremely flexible

62%