Danier Employee Reviews

Excellent Company to work for
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON24 January 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Danier and it is a true shame the company ceased business in 2016.

The continuing training for both staff and management went a long way to improving our individual store ranking.

The inception of online shopping offered a unique opportunity to boost sales and to encourage rural dwellers to shop online. Online shopping boosted sales over the 2014 Christmas season and continued growth into 2015.

The Entrepreneurial style of management allowed us to connect with the local community and offer an individualized style to the store and level of service offered to our new and repeat clients.
Pros
Employee Training, Staff Benefits and Wages
Cons
Weekends and Nights
I enjoy working in a team-oriented environment.
Sales Associate in "Danier Leather" (Former Employee) –  Toronto, On 2650, St.Clair ave W.25 February 2017
Over my 16 Years professional experience I have been one of the best sales (sold over $13,000,000.00 in merchandise) that has been honored with the top sales awards for 8 consecutive years. Undaunted by hard work, and with a commitment to excellence, peers and supervisors relied on me for my accuracy, organization, and ability to complete company’s sales objectives.
Fun, friendly team and environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON15 December 2016
A typical day at Danier starts with a chat-in with the team leader Scanning sales floor for merchandise placement/store set-up, trying and exploring new products. Catching up with co-workers, interacting with customers and working as a team to achieving day's target both personal and as a store.

The hardest part of the job is the stress on the body from standing for long periods, not always able to meet the customer's needs.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Standing for entire shift, hard on feet and lower back
Fun workplace with great management
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON5 February 2017
Learned a great amount about sales and creating relationships with customers. Management was very supportive and helpful. The hardest part of the job was remaining positive and upbeat for customers on days such as boxing day.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Long days standing
fantastic place to work!
Director of Operations - Relaunch (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
Absolutely beautiful product and exciting new store concept. Huge growth opportunities with a very supportive management style. New training and development programs for every employee to help you achieve optimum results.
Fun workplace with potential of meeting new people everyday
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairview Mall9 August 2016
I worked with this company for 3.5 years. I started with customer service representative position and become customer service manager. The overall experience was awesome as I learned very much day by day. Dealing with different types of customer and offering different service to each of them was very fun. Management team was perfect and almost all the employees were on the same page with a unique goal. Hardest part of the job was the physical work that needed to be done and most enjoyable part was helping customers and making the daily targeted sales.
Great team to work with great tools for motivation
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON28 September 2016
Danier was a great place to work with high sales goals. However the company went bankrupt. Danier always carried a high class level and specialty product. This allowed us as employees to create a connection and report with customers.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Strict hour requirements
A typical day at work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 August 2016
I love Mondays, mostly because the day flies by in a flash. On a given day, during the early hours you will find me speaking to the clients, finding out – proactively – what their priorities are for the week, meeting with team for half hour to communicate the clients’ needs and organizing the team schedules around the client’s priorities. I do this on Monday so that the rest of the week is well organized and we can effectively use our team’s time in exceeding client’s expectations and avoid Friday evening surprises. Rest of the week goes in delivering the product(s), updating the status with the client, answering emails and calls from our global teams. My role involves extensive management responsibilities and staying organized is not an option.
Pros
EXTRA HOURS, LONG DAYS, FRIENDLY ENVIORMENT
Cons
N/A
Not the best but it pays the bill
KEY HOLDER/ SALES LEAD (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 October 2016
Bad management and careerkiller for young professionls looking to break into the "bigger fashion industry". No room for growth within the company except for "top senior management" eg ceo
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
NOTHING
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale Toronto20 November 2016
On a commission based environment i was inspired to engage and sell with a great effort. I had a very supporting team. I learnt ways to create excellent service and build a common connection with customers.
Great team environment, learnenet a lot in a short period of time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 August 2016
The team of ladies I worked with had no problems helping me learn so that I learned how to sell quickly from their experience and the days flew by as we all got along great, including management my co-workers and the clients that came into the store.
productive
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North York, ON27 June 2016
As a team player being a proactive employee. My goal is to benefit the overall team. For instance, you are working in editorial and you are among several other staff members assigned to review articles that need to be published by the end of day. You finish all your assigned articles, but see other staff members are struggling to finish on time. You offer to help. This is characteristic of a team player. You are not only helping other team members, but looking at the overall need to the organization to have all the articles published in time.this is what ill do
Pros
free lunches
Cons
It was a great place to work
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB9 June 2016
A typical day at Danier was keeping busy plus making sales.
I learned so much in the two years i worked there, I learned how to deal with certain situations really quick. Management was really good to work for, very good at explaining the job. And the hardest part of the would have to be dealing with customers that are very angry and upset, but I learned how to deal with those situations/
Pros
Loved working with people
Cons
lots of hours
Not good payment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2016
Though the company is currently closes since it went bankrupt, the salary wasn't that good if you're not working with commission, other then that, the company offered my a chance to work in a field that was unknown for me
Former Danier Employee is seeking used Danier leather pants and shorts...
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 July 2016
I am a former Danier employee. I greatly enjoyed working for the wonderful company. I'm now seeking to buy used Danier leather pants and shorts--any size--any condition.
Pros
Dedicated co-workers
Cons
Danier went bankrupt
Busy and fast-paced
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2016
Danier was an overall great company to work for before it closed down. The company had a great commission structure where selling was an incentive based on your personal sales.
Productive and friendly environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 August 2016
The staff members and team were one of the best that I have worked with. Constantly supporting each other and always working to the best of their ability.
Pros
great team and support
Great work environment, nice co-workers and extremely flexible.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 July 2016
- Typically busy throughout the day
- Learned a lot about customer service
- Both management and co-workers were great
- Nothing specifically hard about the job
- Working with the company was fairly fun and extremely flexible
Constructive and amicable atmosphere
Part-time seasonal associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON9 May 2016
As a customer service associate at Danier Leather Co. I helped with inventory and performed duties of a cashier while ensuring customer satisfaction. My co-workers were very patient with me and only had constructive things to say during my training period which eased me into a steady work flow that was comfortable and efficient. Management was flexible with my work shifts as I am a student and I never had a problem with them. It was a very good work experience where I learned the fundamentals of customer service.
very sales driven
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canmore, AB9 May 2016
Danier was a fun first step into luxury retail.
A typical day at work for us was looking at our daily goals and our focus for the day, and driving sales to reach our target.
I learned tons about leather products that has benefited me even after I left Danier. The Management while i was there was constantly changing but aside from that fact we had very productive managers.
I made great friends at Danier that I have continued to keep in contact with. the difficult part of the job was in the warmer season to sell jackets in the summer was difficult because it is not a necessity, so you have to sell them based on their looks mainly. I found the most enjoyable part of the job to be just working around the products that I had so much faith in.