Danier Employee Review

12 years sales/customer service, and this was the worst job I have ever had!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario3 January 2014
I worked at Danier in Toronto and overall, I hated it. I have over 12 years of retail experience and I was sold on Danier during the interview. But after a week there, I realized it was not what I thought it was at all. I was only there for a month and a half before I found something else and left.
The pay is LOWER than minimum wage. The commission is where you make your money, and you need to be extremely aggressive on the sales floor because you are graded on your performance. If you have a few bad weeks, your grade drops and if you cannot raise it, they will fire you. Point blank.
There were constant fights on the floor between staff "stealing" sales. Everyone who works there is desperate to sell, and it is a very high stress environment. The managers do not care about their staff at all. They often would trash talk other employees behind the front desk to each other. I found them very unprofessional and unorganized. I wasn't trained properly.
They have a very strict dress code. People were sent home to change or asked to go BUY something else in the mall if what they were wearing didn't meet their standards. On the schedule, a J was written when you were allowed to wear jeans. They didn't want everyone on the floor all wearing jeans. Chipped nail polish is not allowed. Hair and makeup must always be done. You must follow current trends. You cannot wear anything that isn't in season. You MUST be wearing a current piece of leather from Danier at all times. YOU have to buy it.
During my 1.5 months there, I was the 15th employee at that store to leave. 9 quit (including
  more... myself) and 6 were fired. Highest turn over rate I have ever seen.
If you are looking for a sales job at Danier, good luck! You better be willing to fight for it, literally.
Pros
good discount, Ways to earn money to go towards staff purchases, Commission is good IF you are a shark
Cons
long hours, unorganized, non-supportive management team, fights, high stress, low pay, unfair grading system, high turnover, 1 break in 8+ hour shift.

Other Danier Employee Reviews

Out of buiness
Team leader and Sales person (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC6 December 2017
This is the best job i ever had. I loved my manager, interaction with costumers, and learning new aspects of sales and fashion industry. This job is the reason I was able to become a manager in another store. This store sadly closed.
Stressed Workplace
Amina (Gerante) (Former Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QC16 November 2017
I loved working at Danier, but I have to admit that it is a stressful job for plenty of reasons. You have to make sales and you have to talk and interact with all of the clients. You also have to come into work looking professional and dressing really good. It was too much at a young age.