Danier Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and challenge work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONFebruary 20, 2016
Pros: Flexible work time
Cons: low salary
satisfied customer to make good about themselves, guild them to find the best product.

I learned how important the teamwork and the five Danier non-negotiable skills to accomplish the target and increase sales.

Danier has a strong management team, therefore the processes operated very effectively and efficiently. It gains a vast of benefits from good management, for instance reduce the employee turnaround.

Co-workers are trained very professional to do their job. We build a trustworthy workplace environment.

I really enjoy the sense of achievement from customers satisfaction about their shopping experience under my service.
Not a bad work environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2016
Pros: good staff, great employee discount
Cons: no hours, dead after high season, wage
High season is great! Great sales, good commission and amazing hours. Every work day is about the same. You get a few customers who love to spend their money and then there are those who are "just browsing". I've learned to adapt to different people and get a better understanding of what they're thinking and feeling. There will always be that ONE difficult customer, but as long as you make light of the situation and know what to say to diffuse situation, then you're fine.
Management could definitely be better.
Co-workers are great, some better than others.
There's really nothing difficult about this job
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers about products. But most importantly, trying on the products for yourself.
very sales driven
Co-Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 13, 2016
No work life balance.
No good benefits or incentives programs.
Great team building environment.
More training programs needed.
low pay and hard work
Team Lead (Former Employee), british columbiaOctober 2, 2015
low pay with no promise of a raise even when you work hard and deserve it. Others hired at a higher rate than those who have been there months longer
Enjoyable workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 24, 2016
Pros: Decent Hours
Cons: Extreme hostility between co-workers
This workplace is enjoyable but the management was very bad with their communication. many of my co-workers were very nice and enjoyable to work with, although their were quite a few issues with the way they spoke about each other behind closed doors.
It was a great company to work for and a place were you could grow.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 25, 2016
I've learnt a lot at working at Danier Leather as a store manager.

I loved the culture, the DM's and how the company was operated. This company was very caring for all their employees and valued each and everyone.

The best was my team, they were all very caring about making our daily sales target, share their great selling tips and helpful to each other. Myself and the team worked a family which made our store shine in sales and winning contests one after the other.

This store was bottom 10 before I took over and when I left the company our store was top 5 stores in GTA. We all able to meet and exceed our targets by helping each other, sharing great ideas.
Fun and social job with focus on customer service
Team Lead (Current Employee), London, ONMarch 20, 2016
My experience with Danier has been nothing but wonderful. I love that I get to work one-on-one with each unique customer to help them purchase a beautiful product that never disappoints. The managers and associates are top-notch, and the training is fun, in-depth, and continuous. My favourite part of the job is that you take care of the entire customer experience from when they enter the store to when they cash out. The biggest challenge is meeting the individual sales goals while keeping teamwork a strong focus. However when this challenge is overcome the results are spectacular.
Sales Associate at Danier Leather
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 19, 2016
Pros: Flexible hours, great people, satisfied customers
Cons: Dysfunctional
I have been working for Danier for the past 3 years or so. As my first retail job, I have learned a lot over the course of time. I am paid a base rate plus 2% commission which I was happy with. Having targets was motivating to work; not only did I meet all of my targets but exceeded.
Handling money, resolving customer issues, customer service, commission associate, handling inventory, stocking the floor, and shipping merchandise is only a portion of what I learned.
Over roughly three years of working there, the only problem we had as a team was the dysfunction of having about 9 managers in a short period of time. I was fortunate enough to luck out with all of them but they all have different working methods.
All of my co-workers were amazing and I have nothing negative to say at all. Coming to work was a joy and never once dreaded.
Overall it was a great and useful experience but I am leaving due to current economic conditions.
Fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Langley, BCApril 14, 2016
Typically we are selling and restocking, always making sure the store looks presentable. MY co workers and I, including management, get along very well. We are like our own little family. We all have a sense of humour, and make the long days go by faster by keeping good company. The hardest part of my job is probably finding the line between being too pushy when making a sale. Some people don't want to spend that much money, so I feel bad selling to them. The best part of the job is when I personally pick an item for a customer and they love it and buy it. It makes me feel good knowing that they approve of my taste and have left the store happy.
productive and demanding
sales associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 14, 2015
Pros: snacks, salary
Cons: hours not given out fairly, management is the worse
A typical day at work is pricing the store or helping with stock. The co-workers are great, every one is extremely friendly and some even have become best friend since meeting at Danier. Hardest part of the job is having such an extreme amount of pressure set on you as an individual if sales target is not being met or with anything at all really. Best part of the job is the benefits.
Energetic yet slightly demotivated
Co-Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 15, 2016
Pros: Great people and product
Cons: Expensive
I loved working at Danier for the multiple years that I was there. I've learned many things about the people I work with, the customers I interact with and many other things. You can never know to much about one specific item. Management was very tiered, having certain people that you had to go to for answers and it could get very tiresome. My coworkers came and went, with very few left from when I started. It was sad, but you could watch them learn to dislike working in retail and they would leave to find better things for them. Yes, I was happy that they were improving themselves, but it was sad to see them go.
The hardest part about my job is dealing with entitled customers. Keeping a smile on your face whilst they demean your staff and yourself, just so you can stay "professional" is definitely the hardest part.
I love the product and seeing the return customers who come in and talk about how much they love the store. I enjoyed hearing their stories and getting to know them on a personal level.
Great environment, but not good wage
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 11, 2016
Pros: Good environment
Cons: Wage
Danier was one of my first jobs, and I truly lucked out with having a strong relationship with my team!! I had a great manager, which I wish I knew was as great as she was at the time. Having worked at other jobs now, I truly see how amazing she was. With that being said, the wage is a damper. You don't get reviews so I was making the same wage for about 3 years....minimum wage. I kept receiving an A grading in sales, so I was performing my duties. That is the only thing that sucks, other than that, if cash isn't a big issue for you, this is a good place to work.
Great place to learn about running a busy store
Co-Manager/Store Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 8, 2016
Pros: Good incentives
Cons: No overtime for Store Manager
I started with Danier in 2013 as a manager in training, and within 2 years became a store manager. The fast paced environment was good for my development. There are many things a manager has to stay on top of in order to run the store efficiently and I liked the challenges that Danier presented me with. There were good days and bad days, but that happens everywhere in retail. The fellow managers were always around to lend an ear or an opinion if I needed it, and my team of sales staff and team leads were essential as well. They held the place together on the days I was not there, and I was so proud of them when we managed to make a difficult quarter in sales, that pleased me the most whenever we achieved something like that. The hardest part of the store manager for me was trying to run the store without a Co-Manager and at the sane time, try and find a Co-Manager with my DM's help. I am at a different location for Danier now, as my previous one closed down, and the team I have now is just as good!
fun working place with lots of responsabilities
Senior Sales consultant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 21, 2016
earned lots of experience training and supervising employees
team work environment
management was always changing which made it difficult to adapt
Warm work environment, fun to be in and a great learning experience.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 8, 2016
I was a sales associate, attending to customers during my shifts. The best part about working in this job is talking to the customers, really helping and guiding them to find the best product worth the value of the amount they're paying. What satisfies me is when customers feel that they are getting more worth than the price they are paying.
My co-workers and managers were amazing. They are extremely supportive, patient and uplifting to be around.
Fun place to work
Co-Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, ONAugust 19, 2015
Pros: commission based, competitive
Cons: shift work, stand all day
It is all about selling and making money.
It is a fun place to work when you have a strong team and coaching has a lot to do with it.
When you are in management it is all about the politics.
A fun, challenging place to work
Co­Manager (Current Employee), Kingston, ONNovember 8, 2015
Everyday I come to work with something new to discover. I work with all kinds of customers that not only are looking for a new jacket or product to buy but are also teaching me how to better my job.
I work on commission, so each day I learn a different approach on how to better my skills as an associate and as a co manager.
I look over 10 staff and work under the manager. I am in charge of doing payroll weekly, staff reviews which includes holding staff accountable for their weekly targets.
I have a weekly goal as well which challenges me and helps me work towards something everyday.
The most enjoyable part of the job is finding that perfect product for a customer and making sure they are leaving happy and returning again to purchase more.
Productive work area
KeyHolder/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Nova ScotiaFebruary 12, 2016
Fun environment to work in at times. Learning how to manage sales and making a team effort to complete weekly goals for the store. Co-workers are friendly. Slow seasons are the hardest part about the job, not being able to make your daily/weekly goal with lack of clients. Making customers feel satisfied and creating great relationships with them also making my weekly goals and achievements.
Fun and enthusiastic environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 17, 2015
Pros: Meeting and talking to new people.
Cons: -
Each day was very competitive, learned how to make great sales and a lot about latest fashion. Management was very friendly and understanding. Co-workers were very competitive since it was a commission sales. The hardest part of the job was closing and the most enjoyable part was meeting daily sales target.
Conducive work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 22, 2016
My colleagues made me feel so comfortable at work and they taught me all I needed to know to succeed without hesitation. My manager was also very helpful in helping me grow. I loved meeting and talking to different people everyday, although customers could be a handful, it was worth it.