Danier Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and friendly environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 18, 2016
The staff members and team were one of the best that I have worked with. Constantly supporting each other and always working to the best of their ability.
Pros
great team and support
No longer a company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 17, 2016
Since they are no longer a company, it is kind of pointless to review them. They were a decent company to work for at the time and their products were very good.
A typical day at work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 10, 2016
I love Mondays, mostly because the day flies by in a flash. On a given day, during the early hours you will find me speaking to the clients, finding out – proactively – what their priorities are for the week, meeting with team for half hour to communicate the clients’ needs and organizing the team schedules around the client’s priorities. I do this on Monday so that the rest of the week is well organized and we can effectively use our team’s time in exceeding client’s expectations and avoid Friday evening surprises. Rest of the week goes in delivering the product(s), updating the status with the client, answering emails and calls from our global teams. My role involves extensive management responsibilities and staying organized is not an option.
Pros
EXTRA HOURS, LONG DAYS, FRIENDLY ENVIORMENT
Cons
N/A
Fun workplace with potential of meeting new people everyday
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairview MallAugust 9, 2016
I worked with this company for 3.5 years. I started with customer service representative position and become customer service manager. The overall experience was awesome as I learned very much day by day. Dealing with different types of customer and offering different service to each of them was very fun. Management team was perfect and almost all the employees were on the same page with a unique goal. Hardest part of the job was the physical work that needed to be done and most enjoyable part was helping customers and making the daily targeted sales.
Former Danier Employee is seeking used Danier leather pants and shorts...
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 21, 2016
I am a former Danier employee. I greatly enjoyed working for the wonderful company. I'm now seeking to buy used Danier leather pants and shorts--any size--any condition.
Pros
Dedicated co-workers
Cons
Danier went bankrupt
Great work environment, nice co-workers and extremely flexible.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 4, 2016
- Typically busy throughout the day
- Learned a lot about customer service
- Both management and co-workers were great
- Nothing specifically hard about the job
- Working with the company was fairly fun and extremely flexible
productive
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJune 27, 2016
As a team player being a proactive employee. My goal is to benefit the overall team. For instance, you are working in editorial and you are among several other staff members assigned to review articles that need to be published by the end of day. You finish all your assigned articles, but see other staff members are struggling to finish on time. You offer to help. This is characteristic of a team player. You are not only helping other team members, but looking at the overall need to the organization to have all the articles published in time.this is what ill do
Pros
free lunches
Best job ever
CO-Manager (Former Employee) –  ManagerJune 9, 2016
Great people to work with. The fact that there are so many different departments you are able to learn and grow fast. It was fun.
It was a great place to work
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NBJune 9, 2016
A typical day at Danier was keeping busy plus making sales.
I learned so much in the two years i worked there, I learned how to deal with certain situations really quick. Management was really good to work for, very good at explaining the job. And the hardest part of the would have to be dealing with customers that are very angry and upset, but I learned how to deal with those situations/
Pros
Loved working with people
Cons
lots of hours
Hard, productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ONJune 7, 2016
This is a hard, but rewarding working environment. We were always required to put forth ur best effort in order to meet sales goals, personal goals and the store goals. My co-workers were awesome people, who became my friends. Going to work and being able to work alongside them was the best part of the job.
Job sucked
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 18, 2016
I was the only white person at the location, I was very much miss treated. Everyone spoke another language around me, about me in front of my face.
Not a good place to work
Key-Holder (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMay 11, 2016
Nice merchandise but at extremely high prices even after the discount. Management and training are the worse i've ever seen at any retailer
Often fun enviornment and co workers worked hard
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 10, 2016
As soon as I walk into Danier, I like to get there a bit early to catch up with my co workers on how the day is going and talk about promotions and tasks that need to be completed for the day. Be sure I look presentable and do my job as efficiently as possible while juggling many duties for store operations and servicing customers.
I've learned a lot on how to prioritize my work life and keep it separate from my personal life. I'm a very organized and clean person so working fast pace while keeping everything in proper order makes for less work later on. My manager was always very helpful and only had her employees happiness at heart. If they weren't happy with a situation, had an attitude, personal issues, or struggle, she would always take time to talk with them one-on-one and make sure that everyone was happy coming into work and provide outside help if necessary. I love being part of a team and making sure by the end of the day, it was ran smoothly with little to no issues.
Pros
Positive enviornment
Cons
Salary
Constructive and amicable atmosphere
Part-time seasonal associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 9, 2016
As a customer service associate at Danier Leather Co. I helped with inventory and performed duties of a cashier while ensuring customer satisfaction. My co-workers were very patient with me and only had constructive things to say during my training period which eased me into a steady work flow that was comfortable and efficient. Management was flexible with my work shifts as I am a student and I never had a problem with them. It was a very good work experience where I learned the fundamentals of customer service.
very sales driven
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canmore, ABMay 9, 2016
Danier was a fun first step into luxury retail.
A typical day at work for us was looking at our daily goals and our focus for the day, and driving sales to reach our target.
I learned tons about leather products that has benefited me even after I left Danier. The Management while i was there was constantly changing but aside from that fact we had very productive managers.
I made great friends at Danier that I have continued to keep in contact with. the difficult part of the job was in the warmer season to sell jackets in the summer was difficult because it is not a necessity, so you have to sell them based on their looks mainly. I found the most enjoyable part of the job to be just working around the products that I had so much faith in.
amazing working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 4, 2016
working at Danier, helped me build my confidence within the team and gradually performed in excellence.

we not only met end of the day targets but as a team, we made sure our mission would exceed the end of the day goals.
It was a great company to work for and a place were you could grow.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 25, 2016
I've learnt a lot at working at Danier Leather as a store manager.

I loved the culture, the DM's and how the company was operated. This company was very caring for all their employees and valued each and everyone.

The best was my team, they were all very caring about making our daily sales target, share their great selling tips and helpful to each other. Myself and the team worked a family which made our store shine in sales and winning contests one after the other.

This store was bottom 10 before I took over and when I left the company our store was top 5 stores in GTA. We all able to meet and exceed our targets by helping each other, sharing great ideas.
Great work enviroment with many opportunities
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 24, 2016
Different than most retailers - lots to learn. A typical day as a manager would be a balance between selling coaching recruiting and making sure the store looked up to visual standards at all times.
Conducive work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 22, 2016
My colleagues made me feel so comfortable at work and they taught me all I needed to know to succeed without hesitation. My manager was also very helpful in helping me grow. I loved meeting and talking to different people everyday, although customers could be a handful, it was worth it.
Energetic yet slightly demotivated
Co-Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 15, 2016
I loved working at Danier for the multiple years that I was there. I've learned many things about the people I work with, the customers I interact with and many other things. You can never know to much about one specific item. Management was very tiered, having certain people that you had to go to for answers and it could get very tiresome. My coworkers came and went, with very few left from when I started. It was sad, but you could watch them learn to dislike working in retail and they would leave to find better things for them. Yes, I was happy that they were improving themselves, but it was sad to see them go.
The hardest part about my job is dealing with entitled customers. Keeping a smile on your face whilst they demean your staff and yourself, just so you can stay "professional" is definitely the hardest part.
I love the product and seeing the return customers who come in and talk about how much they love the store. I enjoyed hearing their stories and getting to know them on a personal level.
Pros
Great people and product
Cons
Expensive