Danier Employee Reviews

Material Handler-Order/Picker (Former Employee) –  Dufferin, ON10 January 2018
Good for contract work only. Good people, bit dusty environment. Learned how to deal with the picker, co-workers, supervisors. Free coffee. Hardest part of job when getting the stock from the shelf.
Pros
Contract Only
Cons
temporary
Fast paced and competitive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 December 2017
As my first job it was an amazing opportunity and environment. The management was great and so were my fellow coworkers. It was a very competitive environment due to the commission based income. Taught me great skills in customer service.
Out of buiness
Team leader and Sales person (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC6 December 2017
This is the best job i ever had. I loved my manager, interaction with costumers, and learning new aspects of sales and fashion industry. This job is the reason I was able to become a manager in another store. This store sadly closed.
Stressed Workplace
Amina (Gerante) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 November 2017
I loved working at Danier, but I have to admit that it is a stressful job for plenty of reasons. You have to make sales and you have to talk and interact with all of the clients. You also have to come into work looking professional and dressing really good. It was too much at a young age.
Amazing place to work
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 October 2017
Learnt a lot about different ways leather was processed, Always up on fashion trends, Being able to make the day by helping clients walk away with what they were looking for
Fun but commission based
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 October 2017
Great work environment, friendly management and co workers.
Sale goals easily achievable
Competitive work culture
Enjoyable part was employee discounts
It was a fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 September 2017
Overall, this was fun place to work. I've worked here part time, full time and seasonal The only major downside was the pay was terrible..below minimum wage with an unfair commission %. I believe hourly was 10.50 or something ridiculous. They want you to drive sales but pay you little commission.
pleasant environment to work at
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON31 August 2017
Danier has closed down all their locations unfortunately. However, it was a very good experience as it was my very first job. excellent management and staff.
Great Work place
Associate, MIT (Management in Training) (Former Employee) –  North York, ON28 July 2017
Excellent job, work environment, culture and people. Company truly cared for employees and offered great incentives and "competitions". Product was wonderful and well made.
productive and fun workplace
Cashier and customer service duties (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 July 2017
amazing staff that know what they are talking about and know the prodect they are selling. like any other job they expect reliable and outgoing staff but willalsowork with you to workthere
Fun job in a highly driven environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 July 2017
Danier leather is one of the pioneers in leather manufacturing in Canada. I worked there while applying for my RN license and while it was not related to my profession, I learned a lot about customer service and dealing with people. I mostly dealt with stocks and inventory which taught me how to multi-task effectively.
Pros
Employee discount, paid leave
Fun working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON21 June 2017
Danier Leather is a fun place to work at, with lots of helpful colleagues. The most challenging is to reach the sales goal but as long as 3 jackets are sold it should not be a problem.
Comfortable and Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 May 2017
The employees are extremely helpful and the work is never stressful even during busy days. There's pride in the products displayed and no work day is ever the same
Disappointing work experience
Sales person (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 May 2017
Working at Danier was not the best experience, which is why I did not work there for very long.
When I first started, there were 2 managers working that did not see eye to eye on things so it made the working environment hectic for the employees.
I was also on-call most of the time on the weekends and worked long hours standing and running around.
It was an outlet store so customers weren't careful with the merchandise and it made my job harder.
Pros
Being around clothes
Cons
being on call on weekends
Horrible
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 April 2017
Old management was awful. Did nothing but as a part-time employee you were expected to complete everything for minimum wage. They had no care about how they treated you, but as long as they looked good in front of their boss.
Productive and fun place to start a career
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 April 2017
Great place to start a career and grow as an individual. Learn great customer service skills and apply them to everyday situations. Helps you to deal with difficult situations.
company went bankrupt
Team Leader/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC20 March 2017
Was a good enviroment to work in, great colleagues. Typical day was serving clients, taking regional conference calls, and paperwork. I was part of the management team. Hardest part of the job was coaching new employees and motivating them. Most enjoyable part was the staff.
Pros
good support
Great Experience
Sales Associate and handled Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Danier and it is a true shame the company ceased business in 2016.

The continuing training for both staff and management went a long way to improving our individual store ranking.
I enjoy working in a team-oriented environment.
Sales Associate in "Danier Leather" (Former Employee) –  Toronto, On 2650, St.Clair ave W.25 February 2017
Over my 16 Years professional experience I have been one of the best sales (sold over $13,000,000.00 in merchandise) that has been honored with the top sales awards for 8 consecutive years. Undaunted by hard work, and with a commitment to excellence, peers and supervisors relied on me for my accuracy, organization, and ability to complete company’s sales objectives.
Fun workplace with great management
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON5 February 2017
Learned a great amount about sales and creating relationships with customers. Management was very supportive and helpful. The hardest part of the job was remaining positive and upbeat for customers on days such as boxing day.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Long days standing