Danier

Danier Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Stressful worrk place
Sales Associate/key holder (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 11, 2015
Pros: free leather jacket for hard work
Cons: not enough pay
You work on commission and there is always something to do. You'll have to watch your back as they will try to get the most work out of you for as cheap.
review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), edmontonJune 8, 2015
customer service

learned cashier / customer service duties

management was unfair at this location

hardest part was constant sizing/ organization/ computer tasks extremely un organized.

co workers were job minded

typical day of work was spent in the back doing sizing/organizing/ leather jackets / products
Danier leather Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Markham, ONJune 3, 2015
Pros: 65% off
Cons: Co-workers stealing commission
Typical day of work is hard and draining. You learn a lot about the product and how to sell to customers. The manager is rude and lacks communication with her staff. Associates barely get any hours. Sales on products are commission based and your co-workers will steal your sales.
Great Discount & Commission, awesome staff, slow, boring.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 28, 2015
Pros: Discount, Commission
Cons: Pressured environment, catty competition
Danier is a good company to work for especially for someone gaining work experience. There is quite a bit of room for growth. How you do in the company does depend on your networking and sales abilities (specifically to achieve weekly targets). Low trafffic stores often lead to quite routine and boring days.
Amazing work culture
Head of Customer Service (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONApril 24, 2015
Pros: Free lunches on holidays
Cons: Inconsistent hours
I learned the basics on selling, and I learned all there is to know about the company and how to be an excellent customer service representative.
Great for professionals in sales.
Co Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 20, 2015
Pros: Company gives you all the tools you need to be successful.
Cons: You do not have much room for trial and error - the policies are quite strict.
Overall a great company to work for. Very different from most retail sales but if you last through your probationary period and have a great team on your side it is above and beyond what other retails have to offer.
my first real job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Rocky View, AlbertaApril 14, 2015
Pros: Good learning experience
Cons: not given many hours
I worked as a customer service associate. I have experience using a cash register for making sales, exchanges, returns, and entering customer information into the database. I worked as a part of a team at work with my fellow coworkers. I helped with wrapping/packaging up customer purchases, greeting customers in a polite and friendly manner, I assisted and made sales, and I helped stock and organize the store. I gained knowledge on types of leather, leather care, and fashion.
wonderful company
Receptionist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 2, 2015
Pros: great management
Cons: some heavy lifting
I loved working at Danier. It was a very busy reception area and I very much enjoyed this. So many things going on kept me on my toes! I enjoyed my co-workers very much and my managers were amazing. I had to leave to be a caregiver to a loved one and it was hard to say goodbye.
Retail
Manager (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 1, 2015
Pros: Discount of clothing
Cons: micromanagement
Work Independently
Physically Demanding
Mix of both chaotic and quiet
Cleaning
Customer Service
Problem Solving
Productive Fun Enviroment
Part-time Key Holder and Sales Lead (Current Employee), Markham, ONMarch 3, 2015
Pros: danier employee dollars
Enjoy working there as a part-time sales lead. Management is great and well understanding, they make the environment welcoming to all staff new and old.
fun workplace
Key Holder/ Sales associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 25, 2015
While working at Danier leather, I learned how to do payroll. Make schedules. Love my co-workers, we became great friends.
Fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 24, 2015
A vibrant workplace where a peoples person can thrive.
Management is extremely polite and encourages you to be productive.
Productive and healthy working environment.
Customer Service (seasonal) (Former Employee), St.Johns, NLFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Danier is a great place to begin any career.

The culture is wonderful and employees are encouraged to develop leadership qualities in everything they do.
Hours
Customer Service (Current Employee), Eaton CentreFebruary 9, 2015
Being a student, Danier was always cautious of the students schedules and made sure they could accommodate us. But when leather season is done, the hours get cut.
Great Company to grow with
Regional Trainer (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: generous employee discount, company culture
I am lucky to say I have had the most wonderful opportunity to grow with Danier. I have seen first hand what it is to advance in my career, and have seen many others do the same. There is a wonderful company culture that includes valued feedback from frontline associates, to rewards for hard work.
Great Workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton and CalgaryFebruary 3, 2015
Danier Leather gave me the opportunity to grow within the company, to develop my leadership skills, and to meet great people.
we do alot of work and but the pay is not great
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 31, 2014
Pros: discount is great
Cons: long hours and only a 30 break no matter how long you work and we also don't get consistent hours
it's not a bad job but it's a career for me just a survival job until i can find something better
Terrible Management with Terrible Shift Hours
Part Time (Former Employee), Metropolis at Metrotown, Burnaby, BCDecember 14, 2014
Pros: good discount, commission if you are a casual, friends and family appreciate discount
Cons: standing for too long, pushy managers, strict dress code, stuck up managers, on call shifts
Typical day at work: restocking, cashier, sales associate

Management: terrible shift hours, get sent home if they don't need you.. do NOT put me on schedule if you don't need me in the first place! Store manager was awesome, co manager was a pain in the butt. Pushy co manager who kept telling me to do this and this while I was busy even though the co manager told me to only sell throughout the day.

What I learned: do not apply for a position where you aren't guaranteed what you want

Co-workers: Such nice co workers, commission does kill the friendly-ness while you are doing sales

Hardest part of the job: Getting pushed around when you're told to do one thing but another wants you to do the complete opposite and you have to manage both without them thinking you have a negative attitude and personality
Eh, could be better. But not bad.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), CanadaNovember 15, 2014
Pros: discount, commission, great coworkers, good sales
Cons: management, no room to grow, pressure to sell, low wages, dress code policy
Let me start out by saying that I've only worked here a few months and can already tell some problems with working in retail with this company.

When I first started, I was told I was going to be paid 9.74 plus a 2% commission, which is okay, but when you have to update your wardrobe and you're required to wear their leather and keep it updated, it gets costly, even with the discount.

That brings me to their strict dress code policy which I think is a bit insane. No tattoos, piercings (other than ears and can only max be two piercings per ear), you have to SHAVE, make-up is highly recommended, and season by season they choose for you what you wear, down to what type of shoes to the colour of your clothing. You have to wear one piece of leather at all times.
In their dress code policy video, they even show you how to do your hair properly, even how to curl it.
I think this is a bit much to ask for for a retail company who pays less than minimum wage and gets extremely slow in the summer months.

There is no individuality here unless you like wearing black all the time. I would highly recommend the company to look into uniforms. If you want your employees to wear your clothing and not have the hassle of sending people home, invest in some uniforms.

You definitely cannot get by on this job alone, and they complain when you get a secondary part-time job to make up for it as they always need open availability but will only put you on shifts about twice a week.

At first I really liked management, but as I continued to work a lot of the management were too-faced. I've had managers – more... complain to new comers about how well they DON'T work to their face, and many of the other backstabbing things said about other employees behind closed doors. I've even heard some things said by management about customers.

If you don't learn something right away, they look at you like you're stupid. I've come home crying a couple nights because I felt like I wasn't able to do my job properly, when they give you such a small time frame to work with to learn everything.

Pressure to sell is there, especially skin care. I'm not a terrible salesperson but I feel as if it's a constant struggle to sell it to a customer. Danier says they aren't pushy sales people, but THEY ARE!!!! They have everything down to a science.

On the flip side the majority of my coworkers are great to work with, as they're friendly and very helpful, unlike management. I enjoy working with them. If you're sick or unable to come in, at least two people are willing to take your shift which is nice. Building friendships are easy.

There's a few cute things in the store if you really look, especially since their target audience is 30-50 year old women and things can be a little... ugly for an 18-25 year old. Great sales, as I got a purse for 85% off on a sale weekend and sales can sometimes exceed employee discounts.

All in all if you have the extra time, want an extra part-time job on top of your full time one, or are still in high school, go for it. But if you want to grow within the company, or make this your full time thing, it's not going to be for you. – less
Canadian Leather Company
Sales Lead (Current Employee), Dixie MallOctober 20, 2014
Pros: product discounts and incentives
Cons: long hours, standing
Responsible for setting and obtaining sales targets.
Sales Associate