Danier Employee Reviews in Canada

Former Danier Employee is seeking used Danier leather pants and shorts...
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 21, 2016
I am a former Danier employee. I greatly enjoyed working for the wonderful company. I'm now seeking to buy used Danier leather pants and shorts--any size--any condition.
Pros
Dedicated co-workers
Cons
Danier went bankrupt
Great work environment, nice co-workers and extremely flexible.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 4, 2016
- Typically busy throughout the day
- Learned a lot about customer service
- Both management and co-workers were great
- Nothing specifically hard about the job
- Working with the company was fairly fun and extremely flexible
Best job ever
CO-Manager (Former Employee) –  ManagerJune 9, 2016
Great people to work with. The fact that there are so many different departments you are able to learn and grow fast. It was fun.
It was a great place to work
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NBJune 9, 2016
A typical day at Danier was keeping busy plus making sales.
I learned so much in the two years i worked there, I learned how to deal with certain situations really quick. Management was really good to work for, very good at explaining the job. And the hardest part of the would have to be dealing with customers that are very angry and upset, but I learned how to deal with those situations/
Pros
Loved working with people
Cons
lots of hours
Hard, productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ONJune 7, 2016
This is a hard, but rewarding working environment. We were always required to put forth ur best effort in order to meet sales goals, personal goals and the store goals. My co-workers were awesome people, who became my friends. Going to work and being able to work alongside them was the best part of the job.
Job sucked
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 18, 2016
I was the only white person at the location, I was very much miss treated. Everyone spoke another language around me, about me in front of my face.
Not a good place to work
Key-Holder (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMay 11, 2016
Nice merchandise but at extremely high prices even after the discount. Management and training are the worse i've ever seen at any retailer
Often fun enviornment and co workers worked hard
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 10, 2016
As soon as I walk into Danier, I like to get there a bit early to catch up with my co workers on how the day is going and talk about promotions and tasks that need to be completed for the day. Be sure I look presentable and do my job as efficiently as possible while juggling many duties for store operations and servicing customers.
I've learned a lot on how to prioritize my work life and keep it separate from my personal life. I'm a very organized and clean person so working fast pace while keeping everything in proper order makes for less work later on. My manager was always very helpful and only had her employees happiness at heart. If they weren't happy with a situation, had an attitude, personal issues, or struggle, she would always take time to talk with them one-on-one and make sure that everyone was happy coming into work and provide outside help if necessary. I love being part of a team and making sure by the end of the day, it was ran smoothly with little to no issues.
Pros
Positive enviornment
Cons
Salary
Constructive and amicable atmosphere
Part-time seasonal associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 9, 2016
As a customer service associate at Danier Leather Co. I helped with inventory and performed duties of a cashier while ensuring customer satisfaction. My co-workers were very patient with me and only had constructive things to say during my training period which eased me into a steady work flow that was comfortable and efficient. Management was flexible with my work shifts as I am a student and I never had a problem with them. It was a very good work experience where I learned the fundamentals of customer service.
very sales driven
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canmore, ABMay 9, 2016
Danier was a fun first step into luxury retail.
A typical day at work for us was looking at our daily goals and our focus for the day, and driving sales to reach our target.
I learned tons about leather products that has benefited me even after I left Danier. The Management while i was there was constantly changing but aside from that fact we had very productive managers.
I made great friends at Danier that I have continued to keep in contact with. the difficult part of the job was in the warmer season to sell jackets in the summer was difficult because it is not a necessity, so you have to sell them based on their looks mainly. I found the most enjoyable part of the job to be just working around the products that I had so much faith in.
amazing working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 4, 2016
working at Danier, helped me build my confidence within the team and gradually performed in excellence.

we not only met end of the day targets but as a team, we made sure our mission would exceed the end of the day goals.
It was a great company to work for and a place were you could grow.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 25, 2016
I've learnt a lot at working at Danier Leather as a store manager.

I loved the culture, the DM's and how the company was operated. This company was very caring for all their employees and valued each and everyone.

The best was my team, they were all very caring about making our daily sales target, share their great selling tips and helpful to each other. Myself and the team worked a family which made our store shine in sales and winning contests one after the other.

This store was bottom 10 before I took over and when I left the company our store was top 5 stores in GTA. We all able to meet and exceed our targets by helping each other, sharing great ideas.
Great work enviroment with many opportunities
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 24, 2016
Different than most retailers - lots to learn. A typical day as a manager would be a balance between selling coaching recruiting and making sure the store looked up to visual standards at all times.
Conducive work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 22, 2016
My colleagues made me feel so comfortable at work and they taught me all I needed to know to succeed without hesitation. My manager was also very helpful in helping me grow. I loved meeting and talking to different people everyday, although customers could be a handful, it was worth it.
Energetic yet slightly demotivated
Co-Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 15, 2016
I loved working at Danier for the multiple years that I was there. I've learned many things about the people I work with, the customers I interact with and many other things. You can never know to much about one specific item. Management was very tiered, having certain people that you had to go to for answers and it could get very tiresome. My coworkers came and went, with very few left from when I started. It was sad, but you could watch them learn to dislike working in retail and they would leave to find better things for them. Yes, I was happy that they were improving themselves, but it was sad to see them go.
The hardest part about my job is dealing with entitled customers. Keeping a smile on your face whilst they demean your staff and yourself, just so you can stay "professional" is definitely the hardest part.
I love the product and seeing the return customers who come in and talk about how much they love the store. I enjoyed hearing their stories and getting to know them on a personal level.
Pros
Great people and product
Cons
Expensive
Fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCApril 14, 2016
Typically we are selling and restocking, always making sure the store looks presentable. MY co workers and I, including management, get along very well. We are like our own little family. We all have a sense of humour, and make the long days go by faster by keeping good company. The hardest part of my job is probably finding the line between being too pushy when making a sale. Some people don't want to spend that much money, so I feel bad selling to them. The best part of the job is when I personally pick an item for a customer and they love it and buy it. It makes me feel good knowing that they approve of my taste and have left the store happy.
Warm work environment, fun to be in and a great learning experience.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 8, 2016
I was a sales associate, attending to customers during my shifts. The best part about working in this job is talking to the customers, really helping and guiding them to find the best product worth the value of the amount they're paying. What satisfies me is when customers feel that they are getting more worth than the price they are paying.
My co-workers and managers were amazing. They are extremely supportive, patient and uplifting to be around.
Great place to learn about running a busy store
Co-Manager/Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 8, 2016
I started with Danier in 2013 as a manager in training, and within 2 years became a store manager. The fast paced environment was good for my development. There are many things a manager has to stay on top of in order to run the store efficiently and I liked the challenges that Danier presented me with. There were good days and bad days, but that happens everywhere in retail. The fellow managers were always around to lend an ear or an opinion if I needed it, and my team of sales staff and team leads were essential as well. They held the place together on the days I was not there, and I was so proud of them when we managed to make a difficult quarter in sales, that pleased me the most whenever we achieved something like that. The hardest part of the store manager for me was trying to run the store without a Co-Manager and at the sane time, try and find a Co-Manager with my DM's help. I am at a different location for Danier now, as my previous one closed down, and the team I have now is just as good!
Pros
Good incentives
Cons
No overtime for Store Manager
Fun and social job with focus on customer service
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  London, ONMarch 20, 2016
My experience with Danier has been nothing but wonderful. I love that I get to work one-on-one with each unique customer to help them purchase a beautiful product that never disappoints. The managers and associates are top-notch, and the training is fun, in-depth, and continuous. My favourite part of the job is that you take care of the entire customer experience from when they enter the store to when they cash out. The biggest challenge is meeting the individual sales goals while keeping teamwork a strong focus. However when this challenge is overcome the results are spectacular.
Sales Associate at Danier Leather
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 19, 2016
I have been working for Danier for the past 3 years or so. As my first retail job, I have learned a lot over the course of time. I am paid a base rate plus 2% commission which I was happy with. Having targets was motivating to work; not only did I meet all of my targets but exceeded.
Handling money, resolving customer issues, customer service, commission associate, handling inventory, stocking the floor, and shipping merchandise is only a portion of what I learned.
Over roughly three years of working there, the only problem we had as a team was the dysfunction of having about 9 managers in a short period of time. I was fortunate enough to luck out with all of them but they all have different working methods.
All of my co-workers were amazing and I have nothing negative to say at all. Coming to work was a joy and never once dreaded.
Overall it was a great and useful experience but I am leaving due to current economic conditions.
Pros
Flexible hours, great people, satisfied customers
Cons
Dysfunctional