Danier Leather

Danier Leather Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not the best place
Customer Service (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 29, 2014
Management shows favouritism. One person has a majority of the work.
Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 21, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: stressful
The salary was good for a retail job, but the job itself was mentally stressful and demanding. For what was expected of us, management was not very understanding, and they treated us like robots.
Awesome place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 19, 2014
Pros: easy
Cons: slow
When you work with the right people, it is an enjoyable experience to work. Around the winter time, you earn much more, whereas it can be very slow during the summer. The job is pretty easy if you have good communicational skills and my manager was great.
poorly skilled management procedures
Assistant Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 18, 2014
Pros: discount policy for employees
Cons: abusive authority and behaviour towards subordinate staff
A lot of room in this company to improve at Management and Director 's levels .Very uncomfortable atmosphere for good workers to be at.
Great Company
Customer service/ Key holder (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 11, 2014
Pros: co-workers, friendly atmosphere, company contests/inscentives
Cons: slow in summer, store goals
I really did like working for Danier Leather!

Working in this sort of team environment is really great, I loved the team I worked with and I enjoyed the little company wide competitions as well. Made working and achieving goals more fun.

When I started in November it was a challenge because Christmas sales were already starting but with the senior – more... sellers helping me, I did really well to learn the computer system and other little tips and tricks as well as sales strategies.

The most enjoyable part of my job was when I could make a customer happy either by explaining the leather care kits to them for their leather pieces at home or helping them into a brand new leather jacket that they'll love forever and that will stand the test of time. – less
productive and friendly workplace
seasonal helper (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 20, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
I helped at danier as a seasonal employee and this took place during the winter when there are more sales and the store needs help. My job was to help the customer if they needed any help with the right fitting or if they were not able to find something they needed. I also got to work in the back where i price checked and sorted out clothing to what – more... goes where. my over all experience was good as it was my first job and I did get to learn a lot from it as to how to handle a customer, how to greet them and ask if they need help with anything. – less
Fast pace friendly enviorment .
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton albertaJune 15, 2014
I love working at Danier Leather my co workers were amazing and my manager was a great manager.
Excellent staff and lively environment
Seasonal Maintenance and Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 10, 2014
Working at Danier was a great learning experience since I did not know much about leather products prior to working here. I've learned how to approach and deal with customers while being part of the customer service crew. A typical day at work would be working in the stock room (fixing, sorting etc.) and working on the cash with the customer service – more... crew when needed. Often I would help customers with the sizes and styles they wished for. The most enjoyable part of the job would definitely be working with the awesome crew and dealing with customers! – less
Uptight
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 27, 2014
Too many expectations

Everyone always stressed trying to reach unrealistic sales goals
Fun yet Competitive Workplace Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Barrie, ONApril 13, 2014
Pros: commission
Cons: grading system
In a typical day it is one's duty to keep up with personal sales targets and compete with coworkers for making a sale with customers. I learned a great deal of selling with this retail experience and greatly benefitted me as now when I shop I look at the finer detail of the product before purchasing.
Policies created by Head Office and district managers – more... seemed unrealistic and sometimes inappropriate to the situation, not necessarily for the customers, but for the employees. Coworkers were fantastic to work with, unless they had a negative mood which affected the selling in the store.
The hardest part of the job was closing a sale. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the customer leave the store with a smile on their face, as you hope they will return for more shopping. Making valued customers is key. – less
Productive and Fun - Great for a Student looking for a job
Customer Service/Sales Assoicate P/T (Former Employee), Rocky View, CalgaryMarch 2, 2014
Pros: awesome management
Cons: hours
This company is really good for people that are looking for Part time or going to school and need a job.
12 years sales/customer service, and this was the worst job I have ever had!
Sales (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: good discount, ways to earn money to go towards staff purchases, commission is good if you are a shark
Cons: long hours, unorganized, non-supportive management team, fights, high stress, low pay, unfair grading system, high turnover, 1 break in 8+ hour shift.
I worked at Danier in Toronto and overall, I hated it. I have over 12 years of retail experience and I was sold on Danier during the interview. But after a week there, I realized it was not what I thought it was at all. I was only there for a month and a half before I found something else and left.
The pay is LOWER than minimum wage. The commission – more... is where you make your money, and you need to be extremely aggressive on the sales floor because you are graded on your performance. If you have a few bad weeks, your grade drops and if you cannot raise it, they will fire you. Point blank.
There were constant fights on the floor between staff "stealing" sales. Everyone who works there is desperate to sell, and it is a very high stress environment. The managers do not care about their staff at all. They often would trash talk other employees behind the front desk to each other. I found them very unprofessional and unorganized. I wasn't trained properly.
They have a very strict dress code. People were sent home to change or asked to go BUY something else in the mall if what they were wearing didn't meet their standards. On the schedule, a J was written when you were allowed to wear jeans. They didn't want everyone on the floor all wearing jeans. Chipped nail polish is not allowed. Hair and makeup must always be done. You must follow current trends. You cannot wear anything that isn't in season. You MUST be wearing a current piece of leather from Danier at all times. YOU have to buy it.
During my 1.5 months there, I was the 15th employee at that store to leave. 9 quit (including myself) and 6 were fired. Highest turn over rate I have ever seen.
If you are looking for a sales job at Danier, good luck! You better be willing to fight for it, literally. – less
Productive, Fun, and in Trend
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 29, 2013
Pros: good team
Cons: constantly on your feet
Open the store in the morning, check inventory, check stats, open doors, greet customers within 15 seconds of their arrival. Assist customers with price checks, choosing the right garment or product. Constantly checking our stats. Management is amazing works well with all the employees, and all employees work as a team. Since it is a commission job – more... as a team we take turns assisting customers to ensure that it is equal. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people feel great about themselves in our products. – less
Normal day at work
cashier (cutomer service) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 21, 2013
it was an amazing place to work, everyone was friendly and got along. if i worked at the afternoon shift they would tell me what they did this morning and i would finish it off along with cashing and servicing customers. when the store closed i would usually count cash and then help out with the cleaning. this included zipping up jackets, stocking up, – more... wiping down everything, swiping and mopping the floors. – less
Meet new people every days
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: get pay hourly plus commision
Cons: no break with in 4-5 hours shift.
-Taking care of customers needs including: looking for the right size of the garment, alterations, doing special orders, answering the phone, arranging sizes.
-I learned all the customers had different needs.
-The company is well organized.
-The co-workers are fun to work with.
-The hardest part of the job was can't find what customers are looking for.
-The – more... most enjoyable part of the job was saw customer satisfied with the services and products. – less
Dynamic, fun, fast paced and social work environment, with strong team values.
Sales Associate & Key Holder (Former Employee), Winniprg, ManitobaSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: fun, great people to work with
Cons: you spend lots of money on clothes
Management is superb within this company.
Daily interactions and interpersonal skills. Having to sell and approach strangers I personally developed higher confidence.
Constant support and effort to help coach and build your skills, the management really takes an interest in you're personal sales development and how they can help you achieve your goals.
Fun Atmosphere in a Growing Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 23, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: not enough hours
Typical evening consists of helping customers with transactions including sales, refunds and exchanges. I've learned to identify and troubleshoot various problems that arise in the store. The management team possesses a strong front to improve and maintain store objectives. My co-workers are what makes my evening enjoyable, they keep the store atmosphere – more... uplifting and fun. – less
Worked selling leather garments and their accessories.
Store Manager (Former Employee), West Vancouver, BCApril 18, 2013
Pros: had some really great staff and we sold a beautiful product.
Cons: sales associates did not get annual performance reviews or even semi annual performance reviews, they were weekly. as a result they never seemed to take them seriously.
A typical day, particularly during the winter months could be very busy with new stock arriving daily. As the store manager it was my job to ensure that the staff were putting out new stock and well as selling inventory. The challenges came when it would affect their sales, some sales associates got focused on processing and not on selling. As commissioned – more... sales staff it was imperative that they find an equal balance between doing the stock and selling merchandise. – less
no place to grow
Manager (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCApril 5, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with different people, and building a producible team.
The hardest part of my job is schedule, and balancing work and family life.
Exciting work environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Oakville, ONMarch 20, 2013
Pros: danier "dollars"
Cons: standing the entire shift.
A typical day at Danier Leather, depending on the time of year, is a fast paced fashion industry, selling genuine leather with excellent customer service. I have learned over my years working with sales, a commission based work environment will push you that extra mile to show my strengths in sales. Management can be stressful, only when it comes to – more... reaching budget, which is completely normal in any type of sales job. Working as a team member couldn't be more rewarding, getting tasks finished by deadlines working as a team or individually. The hardest part of the job is reaching quotas when they are extremely high in the "quite seasons". The most enjoyable part is helping customers find exactly what they are looking for, as well as, reaching my sales goal. – less