1. Processes all domestic production orders to initiate manufacturing; creates Bills of Materials according to Design Specification Sheets. Works closely with Design Department in sourcing of raw materials and finalizing Specification Sheets for new styles.
2. Sources and purchases raw materials (except leather skin). Negotiates pricing, payment and delivery terms. Expedites orders when necessary and coordinates deliveries according to production requirements. Also processes lighting orders for the retail stores. Maintains minimum levels of stock inventory as required.
3. Builds relationships with suppliers and resolves issues pertaining to material quality, quantity, pricing, delivery, etc. Informs Production Scheduler of any issues and provides resolution.
4. Verifies accounts payable invoices ensuring data is correct.
5. Establishes and maintains KPI’s for suppliers and Purchasing process.
6. Acts as an effective and proactive liaison with other departments through all levels of the company.
7. Establishes cost savings to meet Budget.
8. Coordinate activities involved with procuring goods and services, such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, and advertising, for Manufacturing.
9. Manages supplier relationships and SLA’s (Service level Agreements).
10. Reviews market value of commodities affecting supplies.
11. Manages purchasing information system.
12. Provides assistance to Director, Domestic Manufacturing and performs other tasks and assignments as required.
- Equivalent of college/university education in Fashion Management, Materials Management or Purchasing
- Professional designation in any of the following: CPP, CPIM, CSCP
- Previous work experience in Purchasing in an apparel lean manufacturing environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Fluent, clear oral and written English communication skills are essential
- Strong negotiation skills coupled with strong administrative and mathematical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and responsibly, with urgency and flexibility in handling changing priorities
- Time management skills including the ability to prioritize, multi-task and follow through
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with diverse personalities
- Positive attitude and willingness to co-operate and assist other team members
- Availability to work extended hours as required
This position is located in our Corporate Office at 2650 St. Clair Avenue West, Toronto, Ontario. Please note the hours of work for this opportunity are 7am to 3pm.
Indeed - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard