Are you a creative CAD Designer with excellent Illustrator skills who loves leather accessories and has a passion for creating technical drawings from sketches? If you are, we have an opportunity for you in our expanding Accessory team at Danier Leather!
As a CAD Designer of Small Leather Goods, you will be responsible to:
1. Transform accessory sketches, photographs and samples into technical drawings and produce high-quality design illustrations for review and planning.
2. Create technical drawings for style development files (SDFs) in .jpg format for “Sketches folder” to go into layouts for original and all vendor styles for casual bags, briefcases, wallets, gloves and business accessories.
3. Create all technical package specifications, including construction and quality comments, pattern and hardware changes, lining requirements, trim pages, technical sketches and labeling package.
4. Correct technical drawings and updates changes in all necessary files as needed.
5. Send technical packages to vendors.
6. Assist Product Developers and Buyers in selecting skins and hardware and in resolving production, quality and related design issues by liaising with all departments.
7. Contribute to maintenance and upkeep of accessory sample room; participate in inventory count of samples and sample sales.
You bring the following qualifications to the role:
- Equivalent of a fashion design college diploma plus 1 to 3 years’ design experience with a focus on contemporary accessories with a clear understanding of the brand customer
- Strong understanding of accessory construction (fabrics, hardware, stitch detail, etc.), manufacturing knowledge and pattern making. Previous experience working with leather and suede an asset
- Professional accessory fashion illustration and technical drawing skills along with strong computer fluency using Illustrator and Photoshop or equivalent software
- Excellent oral and written English communication and presentation skills
- Strong fashion aptitude with a sense of colour and style along with an eye for detail
- Ability to work co-operatively in a fast paced, team environment
- High attention to work detail, organization and accuracy
- Good organizational skills with ability to identify and follow through on priorities
- Strong work ethic with cheerful, professional demeanor
- Availability to work extended hours and occasional weekends as required
To apply for this opportunity, please forward your resume and portfolio of your accessory designs.