Consumer Service Representative
If you’re a people person who loves to continuously learn, get to the root of issues and provide first-rate customer service, look no further!
The Consumer Service Representative (CSR) provides hands-on support to the people who use our products every day. They work with consumers, technicians and dealers to resolve issues and have the opportunity to be a brand ambassador by providing positive and professional brand experiences to everyone they interact with.
At Danby we pride ourselves in being one of the largest O.E.M. home appliance marketing companies in North America. To learn more, check out our website and careers page at www.Danby.com.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides professional and courteous assistance to the final consumer, technicians and dealers according to company policies and procedures as they relate to service and warranties.
- Analyzes and resolves customer service issues in order to meet and exceed customer satisfaction within established SOPs.
- Provides consumer education on installation and proper operation of all products.
- Provides generic troubleshooting information on the technical aspects of our products and requests assistance from technicians when required.
- Explains the appropriate warranty provisions for the products sold by Danby as required to service depots, dealers and consumers.
- Determines a suitable warranty resolution for consumers whether it be replacement, repair or refund of appliance according to company policy and procedure.
- Keeps customers informed of the status of their claim or the final resolution approved in a timely fashion.
- Processes replacements of units as per company warranty and policies and checks for stock availability. Enters replacement orders in Apprise as per instructions.
- Requests Return Authorizations (RA) from Inside Sales Department when assisting consumers with returning product to retailers.
- Processes requests for refund of product under warranty as per company policies.
- Contacts dealers to get clarification on sales items, requests replacements of appliances or any other pertinent matter on consumer’s behalf.
- Interacts with service depots on behalf of customers i.e. requests documentation, part numbers, assists with scheduling of service calls and sourcing and expediting of parts.
- Contacts Purchasing Department to determine if parts are available. If not will submit a request to Product Development to strip parts when needed.
- Enters part orders and credit requests from consumers, dealers and service depots into Apprise.
- Escalates consumer issues to the Consumer Service Coordinator when issues fall outside of ability to resolve satisfactorily or as required.
- Dispatches service calls for US customers where Danby authorized dealers are not available.
- Other duties as assigned.
Completion of a college or university degree plus three to five years of direct work experience in Customer Service (appliance industry preferred) is required or equivalent experience. Candidates must be able to demonstrate strong skills in communication and rapport building, problem solving, managing detail, multi-tasking and follow through. Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel and experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Software is considered an asset.
For more information and to apply, visit http://www.danby.com/plugged-in/