Are you looking for an opportunity to be a part of building a great company? Do words like growth, challenge and outside the box thinking get you up every day? Then we want you. We are looking for someone whose entrepreneurial drive overwhelms the average day-to-day person so much so that it motivates other people. Hard work and dedication are your two middle names. You have a track record of sales success that is based on your ability to build contacts and relationships through effective prospecting. At the risk of repeating the theme…if you believe that effective and continual prospecting is the key to success then we want you.
Danatec is Canada’s leading provider of workplace safety solutions. Incorporated in 1985, we’ve been publishing safety training products ever since. We are a young, progressive, dynamic team of people. We push for the best, build the best and always lead, we never follow. We are looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our world-class and fairly wacky team.
Reports to: Director of Sales
Date: Jan 17, 2014
Responsible for making contact (telephone, e-mail, mailing lists) with potential customers and growing both Danatec’s revenue and opportunity lists. The outbound calls will be made to Canadian companies. The Inside Sales Representative will reach business targets through excellent telephone sales and communications skills. This individual will also develop his or her phone-based revenue generation through the creation of new business revenue (and sales leads/opportunities).
-Cold-call prospects that are generated by external sources of purchased lists/databases
- Identify decision makers within prospect lists to begin sales process
- Qualify the opportunities to ensure a need
- Understand the Customer and their requirements
- Close product/service demonstrations
- Submit pricing when required
- Follow-up to ensure that the customer is properly set-up
- Collaborate with Sales Director to determine necessary strategic sales approaches
- Deliver higher valued qualified opportunities to the appropriate Safety Sales Consultant
- Deliver complicated opportunities that require an online presentation to demonstrate a custom site to the appropriate Safety Sales Consultant
- Maintain and expand the company’s database of opportunities
- Make outbound follow-up calls to existing customers via telephone and e-mail cross-sell and up- sell
- Handle inbound, unsolicited prospect calls and convert them into sales
- Emphasize product/service features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms, and prepare sales order forms and/or reports
- Communication Proficiency…able to sell utilizing the telephone
- Good organizational skills
- Good teamwork skills
- Good computer proficiency (CRM, MS office) – able to quickly learn and utilize new programs
- Beneficial to have an understanding of the safety industry
This job operates in a professional office environment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full-time. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
This position does not require travel.
Required Education and Experience
- A minimum of two years in a sales or sales support role.
- Experience with business-to-business commerce and Internet communication software.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of the safety industry is beneficial