DAMCO

DAMCO Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast Paced
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee), Delta, BCJuly 5, 2014
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: few breaks
Friendly coworkers. Comfortable lunch room. Very result oriented and interesting work place
fastpace but lack of hours
WAREHOUSE PERSON (Former Employee), Delta, BCJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: short hours
fastpace do a hardword job, the management is not good, its a seniority basis, the hardest part you need to finih the job as soon as possible and the enjoyable when your work is done properly.
Hardworking place , working in a fast paced environment, friendly co-workers, tiring work
Cross dock swamper (Former Employee), Delta, BCOctober 31, 2013
Work 8 hours a day just cross docking from containers to trailers , some boxes could be big and heavy or just a lot of small boxes , management is okay ,There are friendly co-workers made new friends on first day , the hardest job is stacking heavy boxes up high, the most enjoyable part of the job is probably lunch .
Free chocolate machine
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee), Delta, BCSeptember 4, 2013
Very physically demanding workplace.
Learned differenct methods of loading and securing a loaded truck.
Management very organized
The hardest part would be taking transit after a long and tiring day.
great job
High reach driver (Former Employee), delta bcApril 9, 2013
great co-workers, learned to use a scanner and a great managment
Easy place to work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Tacoma, WADecember 15, 2014
It was nice to work there, I liked my co workers management was great, I loved working and running international paper so much so that I never took any vacation and worked many hours, the thing was it was very hard at times more so when I had to do everything on my own.
Excellent hardworking professionals
Project Manager Business development (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPDecember 13, 2014
Pros: challenging
Cons: hours
•Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
•Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
•Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, – more... deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
•Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners' needs and goals.
•Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
•Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
•Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
•Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments. – less
productive, invitive workplace
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee), Industry, CANovember 12, 2014
Pros: on the spot cards for hard work
Cons: not enough hours
Loading 5-6 trucks a day
i learned how to work fast effectively and most important safely
management was great very understanding and supportive
my co-workers were great worked just as fast as me we held a hi quota
the hardest part was not enough hours.
the fast pace work let the time fly by
Loader/Stocker (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VANovember 10, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: work schedule via text
I believe this is a great company. The company is in a easy accessible location. The job started in a timely fashion. Made sure was properly trained in all aspects of the company.
productive and fun workplace
Material Handler (Current Employee), Carson, CAOctober 15, 2014
the environment and the people are great to work with, but other than that, sometimes work slows down a lot, and there really is no opportunity to advance.
fun enviroment
Loader/ Unloader (Former Employee), Baytown, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches and the choice of overtime
this job has taught me to keep up with the customers and enjoy their convosation . i learned to muti task and remain friendly at all times my co- workers were the best and love working with them we were all team players
Outstanding work environment
Senior Officer - Finance (Former Employee), Karachi, PSDSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: free meal, yearly bonuses and lfa
Cons: work life balance
I had been leading the RTP division (Accounts Payable). I was initially hired as an assisting candidate but after reviewing my performance, leadership skills, system knowledge and ability of thinking out of the box, was moved to a leading role of Accounts Payable. Below were the key responsibilities:

Tax calculations prior to execution of payment.
Reconciliation – more... of vendor statements with our books.
Monthly accruals and posting of the same for smooth month end closing.
Postings in the account on Prepayments/Asset Clearing etc.
Dealing with 120+ countries for payments globally to our different offices around the world.
Dealing with vendors. Using the credit terms to its maximum to maintain strong working capital.
Using the most renown ERP "SAP" for all financial reporting and postings.
Entertaining the external as well as internal auditors during audit.

My work was highly appreciated by the Country Head (CEO) during group audit conducted in March-2014 and was praised as well. During my tenure i was directly reporting to company's CFO (Chief Financial Officer) who acknowledged my work on every scale and efforts were much appreciated.

During my tenure at Maersk Group, i was given several projects which were timely and successfully completed which were reviewed and endorsed by complete top management after which i was given the lead role of Accounts Payable.

References can be furnished upon request. – less
Productive, physically challenging, fun, and exciting
receiver, unload trucks, label items (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: schedule not consistant
I unload trailers from the time I clocked in until I clocked out, I learned how to label items and unload a trailer properly, my manger was very helpful, and my co-workers work really hard and they come together as a team when it is need, at no point did I find anything at work, and I enjoyed the team work and I enjoyed the fact that everything I did – more... at work was physically challenging. – less
productive and fun workplace
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee), Baytown, TXAugust 22, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: short lunches
*easy
*how to work the unloading/loading computers
*alright
*Friendly environment
* sometimes the boxes are too heavy
*breaks and lunch
Management uncertain in direction
Production Manager (Former Employee), Sumner, WAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: pay was good
Cons: poor working environment
Management was unclear in their daily environment as to what their mission was for that day. They changed their minds constantly and would not tell anyone until you were in trouble for not knowing what their plan was and you failed at it, Management harassed the woman in the office and would say condescending remarks to them on a daily basis.
Dont work here!
Picker packer/dock worker/ yard clerk (Former Employee), South Gate, CAAugust 7, 2014
Cons: hours, pay, management
Damco was one of the worst jobs ive had in my carreer.
They mistreat you and tell you if you dont work hard you will be replaced since they mostly hire from agency. They set your schedule based off there needs (management). The worst hours of the day and you only get around 25 hours a week. They hire you for one thing but make you do other things. Like – more... was their go karts? They abuse the system and us employees have no word since we are agency and cant afford to loose the job. – less
Horrible place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: there are none, find another job to use your skills
Cons: poor management from the top down, biasness, no fairness
The Chesapeake office has very poor management and a ridiculous high turnover rate in their office. Bullying and harassment is allowed on a daily basis. Don't waste your time applying for an office position at the Chesapeake office because you will not get a break, lunch break or leave on time. Office staff is treated like they are children and even – more... though management encourages you to talk to them if you have any issues or problems.. beware because when and if you decide to do so....you will be terminated immediately on the spot while the culprits sit back and laugh and you. – less
Key Client Manager (Former Employee), Dubai, DUMay 12, 2014
Management is good.
Learned a lot about shipping/Logistics
Co-workers are co-operative and friendly
enjoyed the job with full interest
Its was nice good pay
Unloader/Loader (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAApril 30, 2014
Its a place Ill love to work at again the pay was nice. The work was easy and had some nice hours some days at work was fun. Met a lot of cool people at the job. That job made me a harder worker
Full job satisfaction
Senior Prepress Executive (Current Employee), Faridabad, HRApril 10, 2014
Pros: cab facilities, lunch & dinner
Cons: family health insuarance, etc.
9 to 6 working hour which gives us flexibility to share our off time with our family and working environment is awesome, great experience to work with our valuable offshore clients. Every day we get a new challenges and it increases our efficiencies and capability to do a job and pleased our client with hand to hand cooperation of our friends. The most – more... enjoyable part of the job is to forget all our past problems and every time it gives us new idea of creativity. I started to work on Dreamweaver in this company and it is add-on in my past experience. – less

About DAMCO

A land-based component of a giant water-based business, Maersk Inc. is the main US unit of Denmark-based container shipping company – Read more