DalTile Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fast paced work environment
Sales Service Center Manager (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXMarch 24, 2016
Pros: Challenging & great culture
Cons: Long hours for salary positions - Job Work/Life Balance
Managing a small store there is never a slow day. We have corporate initiatives and tasks we have to get done with varying deadlines as well as handling all day to day tasks with just 4 people (myself and 3 employees). Work/Life balance for a manager is not very good, it's very difficult for a manager of a smaller store to get free time after hours or to leave for an extended period of time (i.e. vacation).

The company culture is excellent and despite being a large company, it still holds on to the small family owned company feel. Most people within the company are pleasant to deal with and the company does a great job of placing people.
Daltile offered and great workplace environment
Procurement Specialist II (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 15, 2016
Daltile often sponsored company lunches and appreciation on holidays and for other occasions to make employees feel appreciated.
Puts employess last..
Customer Service/Inside sales (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 6, 2016
Pros: great customers, easy job, paid vacation
Cons: benefits, compensation
Benefits low quality. Management rarely at locations to "manage" store. Pay is not equal. Employees with less experience and less time at company will be paid more. Not much room for advancement, especially for a female. No female management at any stores.

Customers that visit stores are great however. Customers are not treated fairly by management and sales reps. Only the larger accounts get tended to. Smaller customers are overlooked.

Job itself is very easy. Coworkers for the most part feel like family as long as you work there.
Intern (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILJanuary 14, 2016
Learned customer service etiquette skills, how to talk to vendors, the nuances of the tile and granite world, going on sales calls and do cold calling, and compiling leads lists for regional managers.
Consistently understaffed
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Fair Pay
Cons: Long hours
The amount of work that you have to perform on a daily basis is continually increased throughout your employment until you cannot meet their requirements.
The best part of the job is the people. The customers and co-workers are, for the most part, fantastic, with few exceptions.
Great Company - Leader in the Tile Industry
Manager (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INMay 12, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: Tile Breaks
As a Manager for Dal Tile there were many duties ranging from Customer Sales, Inventory Control, P & L Management, Personnel, and a daily overview of all operations. As challenging as it was the
satisfaction of doing a good job made it easy. The customers and people who worked for Dal Tile were the best part of the day, while
the logistics of moving ceramic tile around the country while trying to
meet time deadlines was very challenging. Overall it was a good experience with people being the best part of it.
Loved working with the public
Administrative Manager (Former Employee), Lanham, MDFebruary 25, 2015
Was responsible for 5 guys. Did purchasing, inventory control, sales orders, setting up monthly meetings with vendors.
Lots of room for promotion
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 28, 2014
I started in A/P and went to Corp Acct, then A/R. Having the experience in A/P helped in Corp Acct and then the knowledge of both those departments benefited my A/R experience. Knowing how the G/L works was the best thing I learned.
great
Warehouse/Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCMarch 12, 2014
Great place to work with great opportunities for growth. Management is great. The hardest part was learning all the different products offered. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the customers.
Great Company
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 13, 2013
Daltile is a great company to work for if you can get in. Good benefits, good people, great work environment.
Over 7 years of experience in Planning, Designing, Configuring, Testing, Documenting and Implementing of MM/IM modules within SAP R/3.
SAP MM CONSULTANT (Former Employee), TexasOctober 2, 2013
Experience in Three full life cycle project implementations of SAP R/3 MM/IM/WM modules using ASAP methodology.
Experienced in Up gradation , Roll Out & Production Support Projects
Diverse experienced includes involvement in all aspects of the implementation process, Business process analysis, complete system configuration, testing, end-user training, and production support.
Experienced Configuring Organizational Elements like Plants, Storage Location , Purchase Organization, Purchase Group, Material Group, Material Type
Worked on Purchasing -- Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Orders, Contracts and Scheduling Agreements, Request for Quotation processes.
Worked on Inventory Management --Goods Receipt ,Goods Issue, Transfer Posting ,New Movement Types
Good Knowledge in Integration of MM,IM with FI,SD,PP, WM modules.
Worked extensively on Material Master, Vendor Master, Outline agreements, RFQ’s).
Worked on WRICEF(Work Flow, Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Enhancements, Forms)
Worked on Purchasing Consumables & Vendor returns
Worked on Templates for uploading Master data & Transaction data
Worked on Batch Management &Batch Determination Serial Profiles
Worked on Procure to Pay cycle both Material & Service
Preparing Functional Specifications as per the Client Requirement
Worked on Back ground job creation & transporting to legacy system
Knowledge in different tables in MM,IM and WM with fields
Worked on Automatic Account Assignment configuration – more...
Worked on different procurement process especially PR/PO process like Subcontracting. Consignment, Third Party, Stock Transfer ,Service & Different Account Assignment categories like Cost Center, Asset, Project, Sales Order etc,
Worked on Number Series for Material Type, PR,PO Document types
Worked on PR, Contracts Release Strategy
Worked on Stock Transport Order intra company & inter company with billing & without billing
Proficient in configuring MRP, Stock/Requirements list.
Coordinated and conducted unit testing, Integration testing and provided process documentation.
Worked on Key User / End User Training, Assisting to get UAT, Data Migration.
A self motivated and organized individual with exemplary analytical and problem solving skills.
Excellent interpersonal and project management skills. – less
Nice pepole to work with.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMJuly 23, 2013
Pros: no weekend
Cons: odd hours
slow & easy days
management was ok
I like my co-worker
the hardest part of the job are the hours
close to home
Dal-Tile is a great company to work for
Sales Service Center Manager Trainee (Current Employee), Linthicum Heights, MDMay 18, 2013
I've been working for DalTile for about 7 months now as an SSC Manager Trainee and I love it. It is a great opportunity no matter what your position is. Great culture, great advancement opportunities, very strong company.
An Excellent work enviroment
SAP MM CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 19, 2013
Pros: near home, understanding people at work
Cons: 48 hour shifts, interacting with european counterparts
Learned a lot from my seniors, had been a good time with this company.
Excellent Company!!!!!
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee), Lakewood, NJJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: great benefits plus very competitive salary
Cons: hard to say...barely nothing would fall into this category
The days at Daltile went fast, in fast paced environment, with friendly, cooperative co workers. I learned a lot about the tile industries and how to make it happen when you work as team.
The management was great, as long as you followed the rules and procedures...Always willing to help and to orientate you into the right path to reach our daily goal.
Very enthusiastic, friendly and honest co workers...I really felt them as part of my family.
The hardest part of my job was....To see a slow day go by...it was kind of boring the few times that ever happened.
The most enjoyable part of my job...it was to see a happy customer, when ever i delivered exactly what he wanted...at the time he was expecting to receive it!!!
To make long story short...i would call Daltile...The best job i ever had!!!!
Productive and a relaxed environment in which to work.
Lab Tech II (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: flexibility when it comes to family/emergencies.
Cons: lack of structure and advancement
A typical day consist of evaluating materials for production use. This employment has allowed me to strengthen my multitasking skills. I am an very well trained in all aspects of the R&D department, as well as a great understanding of each test that is required.

The relaxed atmosphere is the best part of this job, but the lack of structure and advancement discourages one from being truly motivated.
Good corporate culture, Bad plant
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Current Employee), Lewisport, KYAugust 1, 2012
The company overall is good but the plant that I worked at is not any place a new college graduate should be.
Family oriented work environment where fun is part of the job, I love these guys!
Warehouse associate (Current Employee), Lyndhurst, NJJune 14, 2012
Pros: free lunches, down to earth management, great customers, fun environment
Cons: short breaks
I have been with Dal tile going on six years now, and I wouldn't trade my job nor my coworkers or management for the world. We know each other's spouses, children, hardships and happy times. it's almost like working with family!
Very Rewarding Position
Purchaser (Current Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILApril 17, 2012
Pros: 401k and good health benefits.
Cons: drama in customer service
I enjoy finding Tile and Stone that Commercial or Residential jobs require. I like the challenge in finding special material that is not only perfect for the customer and their job, but also profitable to the company as well. I like the hunt.
muy bien
Auxiliar Administrativo (Current Employee), Santa Catarina, NLEJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: seguros de imss
Cons: los horarios no se acoplaron a la escuela
la empresa en las area es muy bien, el cual te brinda muchos apoyos en sus momentos. pero en mi no me favorecen porque los horarios no concordaban con los de mi escuela y esto es lo que me impidio continuar en el.