DalTile Employee Reviews

Over 7 years of experience in Planning, Designing, Configuring, Testing, Documenting and Implementing of MM/IM modules within SAP R/3.
SAP MM CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 2, 2013
Experience in Three full life cycle project implementations of SAP R/3 MM/IM/WM modules using ASAP methodology.
Experienced in Up gradation , Roll Out & Production Support Projects
Diverse experienced includes involvement in all aspects of the implementation process, Business process analysis, complete system configuration, testing, end-user training, and production support.
Experienced Configuring Organizational Elements like Plants, Storage Location , Purchase Organization, Purchase Group, Material Group, Material Type
Worked on Purchasing -- Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Orders, Contracts and Scheduling Agreements, Request for Quotation processes.
Worked on Inventory Management --Goods Receipt ,Goods Issue, Transfer Posting ,New Movement Types
Good Knowledge in Integration of MM,IM with FI,SD,PP, WM modules.
Worked extensively on Material Master, Vendor Master, Outline agreements, RFQ’s).
Worked on WRICEF(Work Flow, Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Enhancements, Forms)
Worked on Purchasing Consumables & Vendor returns
Worked on Templates for uploading Master data & Transaction data
Worked on Batch Management &Batch Determination Serial Profiles
Worked on Procure to Pay cycle both Material & Service
Preparing Functional Specifications as per the Client Requirement
Worked on Back ground job creation & transporting to legacy system
Knowledge in different tables in MM,IM and WM with fields
Worked on Automatic Account Assignment configuration
  more...
Worked on different procurement process especially PR/PO process like Subcontracting. Consignment, Third Party, Stock Transfer ,Service & Different Account Assignment categories like Cost Center, Asset, Project, Sales Order etc,
Worked on Number Series for Material Type, PR,PO Document types
Worked on PR, Contracts Release Strategy
Worked on Stock Transport Order intra company & inter company with billing & without billing
Proficient in configuring MRP, Stock/Requirements list.
Coordinated and conducted unit testing, Integration testing and provided process documentation.
Worked on Key User / End User Training, Assisting to get UAT, Data Migration.
A self motivated and organized individual with exemplary analytical and problem solving skills.
Excellent interpersonal and project management skills.
Excellent Company!!!!!
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJJanuary 21, 2013
The days at Daltile went fast, in fast paced environment, with friendly, cooperative co workers. I learned a lot about the tile industries and how to make it happen when you work as team.
The management was great, as long as you followed the rules and procedures...Always willing to help and to orientate you into the right path to reach our daily goal.
Very enthusiastic, friendly and honest co workers...I really felt them as part of my family.
The hardest part of my job was....To see a slow day go by...it was kind of boring the few times that ever happened.
The most enjoyable part of my job...it was to see a happy customer, when ever i delivered exactly what he wanted...at the time he was expecting to receive it!!!
To make long story short...i would call Daltile...The best job i ever had!!!!
Pros
great benefits plus very competitive salary
Cons
hard to say...barely nothing would fall into this category
Puts employess last..
Customer Service/Inside sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 6, 2016
Benefits low quality. Management rarely at locations to "manage" store. Pay is not equal. Employees with less experience and less time at company will be paid more. Not much room for advancement, especially for a female. No female management at any stores.

Customers that visit stores are great however. Customers are not treated fairly by management and sales reps. Only the larger accounts get tended to. Smaller customers are overlooked.

Job itself is very easy. Coworkers for the most part feel like family as long as you work there.
Pros
great customers, easy job, paid vacation
Cons
benefits, compensation
Productive and a relaxed environment in which to work.
Lab Tech II (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 8, 2013
A typical day consist of evaluating materials for production use. This employment has allowed me to strengthen my multitasking skills. I am an very well trained in all aspects of the R&D department, as well as a great understanding of each test that is required.

The relaxed atmosphere is the best part of this job, but the lack of structure and advancement discourages one from being truly motivated.
Pros
flexibility when it comes to family/emergencies.
Cons
lack of structure and advancement
Great Company - Leader in the Tile Industry
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 12, 2015
As a Manager for Dal Tile there were many duties ranging from Customer Sales, Inventory Control, P & L Management, Personnel, and a daily overview of all operations. As challenging as it was the
satisfaction of doing a good job made it easy. The customers and people who worked for Dal Tile were the best part of the day, while
the logistics of moving ceramic tile around the country while trying to
meet time deadlines was very challenging. Overall it was a good experience with people being the best part of it.
Pros
People
Cons
Tile Breaks
Family oriented work environment where fun is part of the job, I love these guys!
Warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJJune 14, 2012
I have been with Dal tile going on six years now, and I wouldn't trade my job nor my coworkers or management for the world. We know each other's spouses, children, hardships and happy times. it's almost like working with family!
Pros
free lunches, down to earth management, great customers, fun environment
Cons
short breaks
Consistently understaffed
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 8, 2015
The amount of work that you have to perform on a daily basis is continually increased throughout your employment until you cannot meet their requirements.
The best part of the job is the people. The customers and co-workers are, for the most part, fantastic, with few exceptions.
Pros
Fair Pay
Very Rewarding Position
Purchaser (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILApril 17, 2012
I enjoy finding Tile and Stone that Commercial or Residential jobs require. I like the challenge in finding special material that is not only perfect for the customer and their job, but also profitable to the company as well. I like the hunt.
Pros
401k and good health benefits.
Cons
drama in customer service
Dal-Tile is a great company to work for
Sales Service Center Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Linthicum Heights, MDMay 18, 2013
I've been working for DalTile for about 7 months now as an SSC Manager Trainee and I love it. It is a great opportunity no matter what your position is. Great culture, great advancement opportunities, very strong company.
Lots of room for promotion
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 28, 2014
I started in A/P and went to Corp Acct, then A/R. Having the experience in A/P helped in Corp Acct and then the knowledge of both those departments benefited my A/R experience. Knowing how the G/L works was the best thing I learned.

Want to know more about DalTile?

Ask a question
Intern (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJanuary 14, 2016
Learned customer service etiquette skills, how to talk to vendors, the nuances of the tile and granite world, going on sales calls and do cold calling, and compiling leads lists for regional managers.
An Excellent work enviroment
SAP MM CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 19, 2013
Learned a lot from my seniors, had been a good time with this company.
Pros
near home, understanding people at work
Cons
48 hour shifts, interacting with european counterparts
great
Warehouse/Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMarch 12, 2014
Great place to work with great opportunities for growth. Management is great. The hardest part was learning all the different products offered. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the customers.
Nice pepole to work with.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJuly 23, 2013
slow & easy days
management was ok
I like my co-worker
the hardest part of the job are the hours
close to home
Pros
no weekend
Cons
odd hours
Good corporate culture, Bad plant
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Lewisport, KYAugust 1, 2012
The company overall is good but the plant that I worked at is not any place a new college graduate should be.
Loved working with the public
Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDFebruary 25, 2015
Was responsible for 5 guys. Did purchasing, inventory control, sales orders, setting up monthly meetings with vendors.
Great Company
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 13, 2013
Daltile is a great company to work for if you can get in. Good benefits, good people, great work environment.
Inspector y Control De Procesos (Former Employee) –  San Pedro Garza García, NLEFebruary 25, 2015
Un día típico... Llegar temprano 10 o 15 minutos antes de la hora de comienzo de la hora de entrada y desde que llegue me identifica de inmediato un compañero del Horno de Producción y me pide que lo ayude a revisar un defecto especifico.
Lo que aprendi... A trabajar más la psicología con los compañeros tomando mas en cuenta sus inquietudes.
La Dirección/Gerencia es algo en lo que solo en ocaciones y para evemtos especiales te recoocian por tus logros más sin embargo poca comunicación con ellos solo se entregan resultados y rara la vez te llaman para aclarar alguna situación.
Los colegas... Demaciada comunicación para hacer funciones en los equipos compartiendo las ideas de ida y de vuelta de acuerdo a la estandarización de los equipos o IT´s.
La parte Dificil del Trabajo... Creo que cuando ocurre un accidente de algún compañero queda la sensación de que algo falta por hacer aunque y a sabiendas de que la mayoría de estos eventos son por actuar de manera insegura por parte de el compañero accidentado, lo peor es que se queda como antecedente y luego por diferentes criterios en el personal de R.H. los despiden y eso ya es algo que no me compete directamente.
Lo que más me gusto del Trabajo... De que me dieron la confianza y la libertad de aprender de acuerdo a mi experiencia y luego se creo aun más confianza para la mejora del proceso continuo y en equipo con los equipos de trabajo y el personal en general de todos y cada uno de los departamentos.
Pros
si en ocaciones cuando se requiere se da el apoyo.
Cons
sin comentario
Ambiente de trabajo intensivo y bien organizado
Ing. e Mantenimiento (Former Employee) –  Monterrey, NLEApril 6, 2014
-Un dia tiico en el trabjo, era llegar analizando lo sucedido en los turnos previos para actualizar las prioridades y pendientes del dia, acudir a las estaciones donde hubo o hay problemas, revisar correos, hacer una lista de actividades y pendientes y ordenarlas en orden de ejecucion, acudir a determinadas reuniones, separar tiempo para avanzar en algun proyecto de mejora, atender problemas, diagnosticar la causa, solucionar y/o proponer soluciones.
-Aprendi a trabajar bajo presion y ser mas organizado.
-La direccion y gerencia me parecio muy eficiente ya que estaban cien porciento concentrados y enterados de los problemas, median constante mente las tendencias relativas a Produccion, calidad, mantenimiento, entre otras.
-Mis colegas hacian buen ambiente de trabajo y eran muy compartidos.
-La parte mas dificil fue adaptarme rapidamente a un ambiente muy intensivo de trabajo bajo presion.
Lo que mas me gusto fue la organizacion y el ambiente de compromizo.
Pros
organizacion y ambiente de enfoque a resultados
Cons
corto periodo de capacitacion
me gusto mucho estar trabajando
electromecanico (Former Employee) –  san pedro garza garciaOctober 19, 2015
un día en el trabajo llego y checo las ordenes de trabajo
lo que aprendí a checar motores saber mas de herramienta
la parte mas difícil es cuando había mantenimiento en prensas por lo caliente que estaba batallábamos mucho lo que mas me gusto del trabajo era poder hacer reparaciones checar motores conectar motores cambiar guías y bandas
Pros
hay medicos para todo caso de accidentes
Cons
los cambios de turnos