DalTile

DalTile Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great
Warehouse/Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCMarch 12, 2014
Great place to work with great opportunities for growth. Management is great. The hardest part was learning all the different products offered. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the customers.
Great Company
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 13, 2013
Daltile is a great company to work for if you can get in. Good benefits, good people, great work environment.
Over 7 years of experience in Planning, Designing, Configuring, Testing, Documenting and Implementing of MM/IM modules within SAP R/3.
SAP MM CONSULTANT (Former Employee), TexasOctober 2, 2013
Experience in Three full life cycle project implementations of SAP R/3 MM/IM/WM modules using ASAP methodology.
Experienced in Up gradation , Roll Out & Production Support Projects
Diverse experienced includes involvement – more... in all aspects of the implementation process, Business process analysis, complete system configuration, testing, end-user training, and production support.
Experienced Configuring Organizational Elements like Plants, Storage Location , Purchase Organization, Purchase Group, Material Group, Material Type
Worked on Purchasing -- Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Orders, Contracts and Scheduling Agreements, Request for Quotation processes.
Worked on Inventory Management --Goods Receipt ,Goods Issue, Transfer Posting ,New Movement Types
Good Knowledge in Integration of MM,IM with FI,SD,PP, WM modules.
Worked extensively on Material Master, Vendor Master, Outline agreements, RFQ’s).
Worked on WRICEF(Work Flow, Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Enhancements, Forms)
Worked on Purchasing Consumables & Vendor returns
Worked on Templates for uploading Master data & Transaction data
Worked on Batch Management &Batch Determination Serial Profiles
Worked on Procure to Pay cycle both Material & Service
Preparing Functional Specifications as per the Client Requirement
Worked on Back ground job creation & transporting to legacy system
Knowledge in different tables in MM,IM and WM with fields
Worked on Automatic Account Assignment configuration
Worked on different procurement process especially PR/PO process like Subcontracting. Consignment, Third Party, Stock Transfer ,Service & Different Account Assignment categories like Cost Center, Asset, Project, Sales Order etc,
Worked on Number Series for Material Type, PR,PO Document types
Worked on PR, Contracts Release Strategy
Worked on Stock Transport Order intra company & inter company with billing & without billing
Proficient in configuring MRP, Stock/Requirements list.
Coordinated and conducted unit testing, Integration testing and provided process documentation.
Worked on Key User / End User Training, Assisting to get UAT, Data Migration.
A self motivated and organized individual with exemplary analytical and problem solving skills.
Excellent interpersonal and project management skills. – less
Nice pepole to work with.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMJuly 23, 2013
Pros: no weekend
Cons: odd hours
slow & easy days
management was ok
I like my co-worker
the hardest part of the job are the hours
close to home
Dal-Tile is a great company to work for
Sales Service Center Manager Trainee (Current Employee), Linthicum Heights, MDMay 18, 2013
I've been working for DalTile for about 7 months now as an SSC Manager Trainee and I love it. It is a great opportunity no matter what your position is. Great culture, great advancement opportunities, very strong company.
An Excellent work enviroment
SAP MM CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 19, 2013
Pros: near home, understanding people at work
Cons: 48 hour shifts, interacting with european counterparts
Learned a lot from my seniors, had been a good time with this company.
Excellent Company!!!!!
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee), Lakewood, NJJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: great benefits plus very competitive salary
Cons: hard to say...barely nothing would fall into this category
The days at Daltile went fast, in fast paced environment, with friendly, cooperative co workers. I learned a lot about the tile industries and how to make it happen when you work as team.
The management was great, as long as you followed the rules and procedures...Always willing to help and to orientate you into the right path to reach our daily goal.
Very – more... enthusiastic, friendly and honest co workers...I really felt them as part of my family.
The hardest part of my job was....To see a slow day go by...it was kind of boring the few times that ever happened.
The most enjoyable part of my job...it was to see a happy customer, when ever i delivered exactly what he wanted...at the time he was expecting to receive it!!!
To make long story short...i would call Daltile...The best job i ever had!!!! – less
Productive and a relaxed environment in which to work.
Lab Tech II (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: flexibility when it comes to family/emergencies.
Cons: lack of structure and advancement
A typical day consist of evaluating materials for production use. This employment has allowed me to strengthen my multitasking skills. I am an very well trained in all aspects of the R&D department, as well as a great understanding of each test that is required.

The relaxed atmosphere is the best part of this job, but the lack of structure and advancement – more... discourages one from being truly motivated. – less
Good corporate culture, Bad plant
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Current Employee), Lewisport, KYAugust 1, 2012
The company overall is good but the plant that I worked at is not any place a new college graduate should be.
Family oriented work environment where fun is part of the job, I love these guys!
Warehouse associate (Current Employee), Lyndhurst, NJJune 14, 2012
Pros: free lunches, down to earth management, great customers, fun environment
Cons: short breaks
I have been with Dal tile going on six years now, and I wouldn't trade my job nor my coworkers or management for the world. We know each other's spouses, children, hardships and happy times. it's almost like working with family!
Very Rewarding Position
Purchaser (Current Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILApril 17, 2012
Pros: 401k and good health benefits.
Cons: drama in customer service
I enjoy finding Tile and Stone that Commercial or Residential jobs require. I like the challenge in finding special material that is not only perfect for the customer and their job, but also profitable to the company as well. I like the hunt.
mantenimiento electromecanico (Former Employee), Salamanca, GUAJuly 8, 2014
comunicación y desempeño laboral aceptable, en la relación jefe subordinado
Excelente empresa
Encargado de Nominas (Former Employee), San Pedro Garza García, NLEMay 27, 2014
Muy buena empresa para personal empleado pero para personal sindicalizado (asistentes de RH) no hay muchas prestaciones
buen trabajo
operador de cabina de esmaltado (Former Employee), San Pedro Garza García, NLEMay 14, 2014
Pros: seguro, becas, infonavit, prestamos
Cons: no tenia transporte estaba muy retirado de mi hogar
preparaba el lugar de trabajo con todas las herramientas de para mi trabajo diario preparando la cabina de esmalte y engobe checando la calidad del esmalte aprendí como usar las maquinas y pistolas de esmalte para cerámica
Ambiente de trabajo intensivo y bien organizado
Ing. e Mantenimiento (Former Employee), Monterrey, NLEApril 6, 2014
Pros: organizacion y ambiente de enfoque a resultados
Cons: corto periodo de capacitacion
-Un dia tiico en el trabjo, era llegar analizando lo sucedido en los turnos previos para actualizar las prioridades y pendientes del dia, acudir a las estaciones donde hubo o hay problemas, revisar correos, hacer una lista de actividades y pendientes y ordenarlas en orden de ejecucion, acudir a determinadas reuniones, separar tiempo para avanzar en – more... algun proyecto de mejora, atender problemas, diagnosticar la causa, solucionar y/o proponer soluciones.
-Aprendi a trabajar bajo presion y ser mas organizado.
-La direccion y gerencia me parecio muy eficiente ya que estaban cien porciento concentrados y enterados de los problemas, median constante mente las tendencias relativas a Produccion, calidad, mantenimiento, entre otras.
-Mis colegas hacian buen ambiente de trabajo y eran muy compartidos.
-La parte mas dificil fue adaptarme rapidamente a un ambiente muy intensivo de trabajo bajo presion.
Lo que mas me gusto fue la organizacion y el ambiente de compromizo. – less
si te nia hora de descanso
operador (Former Employee), Santa Catarina, NLEAugust 24, 2013
Pros: imss
Cons: si hay breaik
siempre checaban que tenias el equipo de seguridad limpia tu area y ordenada
Una empresa muy honesta
Ingeniero de Mantenimiento JR (Former Employee), San Pedro Garza García, NLEApril 23, 2013
Pros: ambiente de trabajo, prestaciones
Cons: terminación de prácticas, lejania de casa
En esta empresa fue donde empecé a desarrollarme como Ingeniero, dado que fue donde empecé a realizar mis prácticas profesionales. Aprendí mucho de mis superiores, y comencé a desarrollar habilidades con las que no contaba. Me gustaba el ambiente de piso y andar en planta. Lo difícil era el subir escaleras peligrosas.
exageran con el empleo
tecnico operador mecanico (Former Employee), Salamanca, GUANovember 22, 2012
Pros: trabajo en equipo
Cons: mientras mas das mas quieren.....
Me gusto porque aprendi a operar nuevas maquinas y procesos sobre la ceramica que nunca habia conocido, pero como en todos los trabajos hay gente arrastrada que con lamer botas sobreviven y no por su trabajo.
electromecanico (Current Employee), San Pedro Garza García, NLENovember 9, 2012
Pros: beca para todos los niveles
Cons: decansos rotativos
buenas prestaciones
te financia tus estudios mediante una beca
SE NOTAVA QUE AI DEMASIADAS PREFERENCIAS
MONTACARGISTA (Former Employee), Santa Catarina, NLESeptember 24, 2012
Pros: que contavamos con subsidio de comedor
Cons: las preferencias
YO EMPESE EN RECIBO DE MATERIA PRIMA A LOS POCOS DIAS ME PASARON A TOMAR CURSO DE AISLE MASTER PARA SURTIR EN RACK ALTOS RQUESEL SURTIDO DE LOS EMBARQUES