Dalhousie University

Dalhousie University Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Experience at Dalhousie
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Halifax, Nova ScotiaJuly 2, 2014
At was excellent experience to work at dalhousie university Internetworking department as a Lab Assistant
Great place to work while you are studying
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJune 20, 2014
Provide academic helps to student regarding to programming problems
One of the best University in Canada
ACADEMIC PROJECT (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJune 19, 2014
Excellent infrastructure with well equipped lab will help you groom under the guidance of world class faculty.
Productive and enlightening work place
Tutor (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJune 10, 2014
I got to learn a lot from the students I mentored. These students taught me how to effectively manage a combination of different people whilst harmonizing the different character traits and building a robust and diverse team.
A typical day for a project manager entails...
Project Manager (Current Employee), Halifax, NSJune 3, 2014
Pros: five week vacation per year
Being part of a Project Management department gives you the unique position of being involved and instrumental in every step of the creative process with the department to produce the final product (project deliverable). On a day to day basis, as a project manager I act as a liason between the planner and client. Having the right people involved at – more... the right time ensures me that the creativity is developed and produced in the best way possible. – less
Good environment for research
Supply Chain and Logistic Systems Researcher (Former Employee), Halifax, NSApril 8, 2014
I was a research assistant at Dalhousie. I worked on supply chain optimization project which took 14 months to complete.
Passionate job under time constraints
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Halifax, NSApril 3, 2014
-> The job was designed to help the prospective students of the course.
-> The task was to make sure that every student has got lab understanding & is able to configure lab by his/herself.
->The evaluation of project work by students, was toughest & time consuming part, as my intention was that each student has got insight understanding of concept of – more... pointers, structures & Classes of C/C++.
->To perform the tracing of Multitasking kernel program for every group of students gets more interesting when discussion happens on some critical issues related to program execution. – less
awesome work environment
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Halifax, NSMarch 14, 2014
iam an engineering student at Dal and besides this i work as a Lab assistant.
i have got academic scholarship from my school.
Dal is a great place for work and study.
people are very friendly and cooperative.
Lots of interesting people to meet.
Custodian (Current Employee), Where ever they need me on campusFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: meet interesting people
Cons: the work is always the same
-It's busy and dirty
-Time management
-Sometimes they don't understand what goes in to get a job done
-Some like to work and some don't
-Knowing it's going to look the same as you walked in "Tomorrow"
-Knowing at least some of the students appreciate the work we do
Nice place to get skills
Co-curricular Record Assistant (Former Employee), Dalhousie universityFebruary 4, 2014
Nice place to work and learn. Understanding employers and flexible time tables
Fun place to work
Client Services - Technical Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Halifax, NSNovember 12, 2013
I like working here, people are great.

I enjoy the change of scenery on a daily basis and the feeling of security I have as an employee here.
Focus on real scientific research
Post-doctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Halifax, NSOctober 26, 2013
Pros: holidays, discount gym, medicare
9 - 5 working days, although working in the evening and weekend sometimes if there are experiments to do.

Have learned new techniques and more ideas on doing research

Management is good

Colleagues are very nice and always ready to help

The hardest part is understanding the experimental results which are out of our expectation.

The most enjoyable – more... part is getting the results we hoped. – less
productive and good life and work balance
RESEARCH ENGINEER (Current Employee), Halifax, NSSeptember 23, 2013
I learned how to design, improvise and implement the concept in the real world with confidence.
Shift operator in Physical plant
Control Room Operator (Former Employee), Halifax, NSAugust 20, 2013
Pros: job security and overall workplace attitudes.
Cons: rotational shift work (nights and weekends), vacation allotment, so-so pay scale.
12 hour rotational shifts (days, nights and weekends). Rounds of plant every 2 hours, customer service needs (heat and HVAC), water treatment testing/operations and starting up plant in blackout/emergency periods. Management was confident in our abilities and did not micro-manage every single thing and let us 'take care of business'. Management as also – more... pro-active in training and keeping plant up-to-date. – less
Fun place to work
Research Technician/Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 1, 2013
At this position, for the first time working in the research laboratory, I had to deal with Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission inspection, which was completed successfully with me being a holder of the permit to work with radioactive isotopes .
Work hard, but have some fun along the way
Undergraduate Research Associate (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJuly 7, 2013
The work environment here is very relaxed. Work hard, but if you're efficient, you don't have to work all day. I felt I could have a perfect work/life balance while being here. An excellent institution.
Great learning experience, friendly people
Native Post -Secondary Education Counsellor (Former Employee), Halifax, Nova ScotiaApril 24, 2013
Pros: great location
Cons: not many summer students came to the counselling unit.
I really enjoyed working with the students at Dal.. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was the personal counseling, some of it hit home for me. The most enjoyable part of the job was coordinating various events for the students.
Great People to work with
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee), Halifax, NSApril 3, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: no apprentiship program in place
Overall I loved working there, only problem was that Im a 2nd year electrical apprentice so they only hire apprentices on term basis. Other than no job security for an apprentice the people are great to work with and its just a great environment to work at. I worked in the projects department which i found fun and always different. I love knowing where – more... Im going everyday but not what exactly it was Id be doing that day. – less
Good for students
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Halifax, NSMarch 1, 2013
Pros: good environment, friendly co-workers
Cons: be careful when offered this position as you might have to compromise your ip rights
I started to work while still a grad student. I work on my own research. It is a very relaxing place to work. I have flexible hours. Weekly meeting with my professor is the only thing that is a bit stressful.
Fun to work
Student (Former Employee), Halifax, NSFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: learning experience
Cons: low salary
Teaching students was a fun part and new experience
Preparation of course outline, designing a network was fun part