Dalhousie University Employee Reviews

That was a great experience
Lab Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 February 2018
I had learned so many things at Dalhousie University, This was my first official job at school even I learned so many things in a hard way but it pushed me to learn a plenty of things rather than sitting while complaining. The most beneficial thing I got from this job is to manage and organize things.
Clinical Instructor
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 February 2018
I loved working with Dalhousie University advancing the next set of nurses through their clinical rotations. I hope to have instilled the same love of nursing that i have.
Good
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS29 January 2018
Very good, the faculty at Dalhousie was very supportive of my work as a TA and a Research Assistant. I was given a high degree of academic freedom to pursue my work.
This is a summary
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS24 January 2018
This is a great place to work when you are a student. Teaching is great research is great. I have a lot of different contacts from this place. Great workplace culture.
Great people, great management, awful study
Canadian Longitudinal Study on Aging (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS24 January 2018
Despite the great manager, awesome staff and friendly participants, asking survey questions was incredibly stressful. My problems are with the survey itself.
Work term positions
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 January 2018
Can't give a proper rating as this was a term position with school. Enjoyed my time while here and the people that I worked with. Very easy going bunch.
server
Server (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS15 January 2018
pretty good place to work great with hours and flexible. the people there always willing to help if u dont know how to do something or if you supper busy
Make your own schedule
NSERC Researcher (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 January 2018
I was allowed to make my own work day schedule but it was a university research job with defined scope and purpose. My supervisor gave me his hypothesis and a laboratory to pursue the research. Learned to repair damaged equipment and operate several other types of equipment.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
A university research part time job
Good Place to have a Career
Weight room supervisor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS28 October 2017
I only spent a short time at BELCO but I enjoyed the atmosphere for the most part. Its a very interactive job, working on a power plant can be very noisy but also very rewarding as you can visually see the product of your work.
Pros
Cafeteria on-site
Cons
Can be Loud as it is a Power Plant
Had a great time with hardworking professionals
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS25 October 2017
I leaned a lot while working on different technologies. I learned everyday which includes routing protocol technologies, Site-to-Site VPN, DMVPN, IP Sec Gre tunnel etc.
Workplace is great everyone was so friendly and professional.
Dal
2nd Class Power Engineer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS20 October 2017
have worked for Dal for over 35 years ......have had over 8 different bosses ..... some better than others lol .... but its not a bad place to work ... would still be there is i could take my pension
Pros
money is ok
Cons
always changing
Fun place to work
Project Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 October 2017
Fun place to work, got a huge learning experience, it increases your potential to learn new stuff and challenges you to push your limits and achieve the impossible.
Good job for students
Box Office Attendant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 September 2017
Pretty boring job but great for students. Allowed to do homework as long as there were no customers. Ability to pick up more shifts during busy times.
Volunteer position
Int'l Student Peer Support Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS10 September 2017
Helped international students improve their language capabilities and participated in the sharing of cultures. Reviewed resumes and gave tips for classes within the commerce program
It is great to be the part of DAL.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 August 2017
A day at DAL starts in the early morning at sharp 8:30 am till late evening that usually consists of long theoretical and Lab lectures. It feels really good when you apply the concepts into the labs and understand the importance of them that seems boring during the theoretical lectures The best about the DAL are the exams that test our concepts not the memory capabilities but it is really important to have good time management to get the things done on time as we need to manage the equilibrium between professional and personal life. when I got my lab assistant-ship at DAL it gave me opportunities to help the students to have understanding of the concepts and for me to practice it to have better understanding. I am blessed to be the part of team that taught me how to enjoy responsibilities. when you taught a class it brings both challenge and joy as you deal with students of different skills level. Some of the students are good enough to understand the technical terms while sometimes you need analogue to help them to understand the concepts so learning chances is always there.
Pros
Supurb work culture
Cons
Hard to get many opportunities.
Average
Postdoctoral fellow (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 August 2017
As the university itself is a medium level univesrity it is difficult to expect the world class reputation. However based on the current available funding and infrastructure it can do far better than it is doing now.
Productive place to work for master's student working with bachelor's student
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 August 2017
I am a student in Dalhousie University (MASc-Mechanical-thesis) and I had job as a teacher's Assistant multiple terms, which refreshed my knowledge of the subjects like, Engineering Measurements, Solar engineering, etc.
Pros
More pay
Cons
Less hours given to work
Good job with potential objective for protecting health of people
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS8 July 2017
Interesting and hard research job. Good chance to gain more knowledge and experience. Good management and culture place. The toughest job is the relation between our work and the heath sector but its very interesting and potential work to save life of people and to save money and efforts.
Pros
Position to gain more knowledge, experience and work with great team
Cons
Small city
Excellent work environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 June 2017
Staff is very supportive of new teachers and helped along the way. Would gihly consider for future employments again, Difficult to find such another work envronment like this one.
Dalhousie is a great place to work and the benefits are great!!
Resource Invoicing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 June 2017
Love working here, have been here for 35 years.
There is lots to do and the people I work with are mostly good.
There is always a bad one at any work place. I would definitely recommend anyone to work here!!
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Can't think of any