Dal-Tile

Dal-Tile Employee Reviews

great product - no training - intense atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO12 February 2017
great products - not enough training - needed more help in all departments - very high pressure atmosphere - lots of turnover - company too focused on no overtime - each location was run by own management team - even though I had over 10 years in the business my manager wasn't open to my thoughts on how to improve services - no way to get help with these frustrations - tried to get upper management to help but was told I had to work this out internally - felt helpless and frustrated
Pros
great products - pay - benefits
Cons
high pressure - lots of turnover - inept people kept on
Daltile
Commercial Truck Driver/Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FL15 January 2017
My career at Dal-Tile was extremely rewarding. I truly miss the positive and challenging environment that I experienced. I was always encouraged to learn every aspect of the company. I was able to take an order, procure the materials required, purchase from outside vendors, create the sales order, and finally deliver the material to the customer. My supervisors and coworkers were able to depend on me and we had assembled a winning team. I literally enjoyed every aspect of this job. There was nothing I didn’t know about running our store and I was often trusted to do so in an emergency.
Pros
Great pay, opportunity to learn and advance, Positive atmosphere.
Cons
Team of hardworking men,mixed culture,love and collaboration.
ORKLIFT DRIVER,Machine Operator. (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, TX19 November 2016
Comprehensible supervisor ,good training and certificates awards,education sponsored programs and good benefits.Industrial safety is a prime focus to production.
Pros
Discreational launch, packages and awards
Cons
Inadequate staff
Terrible work environment
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Massachusetts1 September 2016
Lazy and unorganized management who are not open to suggestions to improve the work place in anyway, which spreads to long time employees, no incentive to work harder, favoritism run rampant, putting the stress of keeping up production on a few underpaid employees. The buck certainly does not stop here, don't know how they keep people.
Pros
Free tee shirts from vendors
Cons
Environment, management, compensation
LINE OPERATOR, SORTER, PACKER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX1 February 2017
Enjoyed working for dal tile wouldnt mind working for them again. Enjoyed the jobs the hours and the pay and the people. I am actually going to go back and apply again after all these years
Pros
ENJOYED IT OVER ALL
Cons
WASNT ANY
Very fast paced and under appriciated
Customer Service and Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM8 January 2017
Over worked,multiple job duties with heavy lifting. I don't like it excess amount of work that is expected of you in a eight hour work day.
Benefits
Cons
Overworked and underpaied
great job
Forklift operator, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OH15 July 2016
A typical day at work was pretty laid back but quick paced with multiple duties to handle. I learned how to be computer savvy and I learned a lot about tile and how to lay tile. my co-workers were pretty cool, the hardest part of the job was doing 3 or 4 different jobs at once due to the skeleton crew but we made it work. The enjoyable parts of the job were the times we hung after work.
Pros
great atmosphere
Great Company!
Sales Consultant/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ8 January 2017
Challenging yet Rewarding. Top Tile Company in the U.S.
Friendly people and excellent benefits. Opportunity and Advancement within. Mohawk Industries.
Productive and hectic workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC17 October 2016
Daltile, Charlotte, NC is an extremely busy sales center. The Daltile team members are very hardworking individuals. Daltile is a fun and yet stressful place to work.
Pros
Customers and Coworkers
Not very team like.
Sales rep ll (Former Employee) –  Houston tx5 July 2016
I was let go after being recruited having 15 years in the local market. Had outstanding sales for 4 years but could not get on same page per new boss of 5 months. Lacks direction and feedback from any part of management technically one boss to report to but many "bosses" telling you to do conficting things. You better not say anything about that or you will be on the radar for termination even if you have great numbers. Good old boy club with huge business run like a small distributor. Company thinks they are bullet proof even when bleeding market share.
Pros
Some good people trying very hard in poor environment.
Cons
Very negative and no motivation to improve.
Summry
Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TX6 December 2016
Good place to work. Very talented people and a good work life balance. Each position has challenges but the organization is well equipped to make improvements whenever necessary.
Excellent company to work for. They had passion for the company and excelled at their jobs.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX2 November 2016
My typical day began with making coffee and cleaning the conference rooms. Making sure there was proper supplies in the kitchen. Greeting vendors, clients, building maintenance and all visitors. Making sure they find the person they came to visit. Assisted building maintenance to the location of the issue they were to work on. Ordering Company ID's for all in Corporate Office and the individual Apartment Complex's Employees as well. Ordered office supplies and coffee supply's. Answered multiple phones.
Backup for the person who received incoming customer complaints calls. Worked closely with Apartment Managers and others in their office. I didn't see the hardest job, only dealing with the different personality's at the front desk. The most enjoyable part was working for my Manager and my Supervisor. They were most pleasant to deal with and easy to work for.
Pros
Great Coffee, Great Kitchen
Cons
Location was far to travel to. It was only a Temporary Job.
Great Company
Customer Service / Inventory Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CA1 August 2016
Very busy work days that kept the day going. Co-workers all got along which made it a lot easier to work. The hardest part of the job was just making sure all the inventory was correct so we could make sure the product could be shipped out in a timely manner.
Easy going and enjoyable
Sample Express Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO 802237 November 2016
This job is easy going and easy to learn. Everyone is a team player and always there to help. always leaning something new everyday
Great and stable place to work
representative (Current Employee) –  Billings, MT22 September 2016
Awesome customers and huge line of tile coupled with a large share of the market. Hand's off bosses who let you do your job without looking over your shoulder all the time.
Strict and racial work place
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TX26 September 2016
This job is a favorital job with their employees the supervisors are rude not mannered. They try to fire people whose on a tight knot so they can hire there friends.
former permanent employee of 10+ years
glaze line, sorting, (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OK19 May 2016
Management is awful, Benifits are horrible. No sick days. Run on a point system. If your one second late clocking in from a 30 minute lunch break you get a strike against you. Every 6 months if you have perfect attendance, you get a free day and then when you want to use it you can't. You're lucky to even know you acquire that free day because management will not let you know. Management also show extreme favoritism. Human resources is a joke within itself. I wouldn't recommend my enemies to work for this company.
Pros
off three days
Cons
layoffs during holidays, no bonus, no raise in 3 yeara
Dal
Warehouse labor, Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO5 September 2016
Awesome work enviroment. Set schedule, day goes by fast. Pay is decent. Benefits, 401k offered. Works around your schedule somewhat. 40 hours a week, time and a half if you go into over time.
Showroom Consultant & Designer, Wholesale (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Hts, OH24 August 2016
People are great to work with and they are very flexible. Hours were perfect for a working parent. Customers and contractors were easy to work with. Tile selection is awesome.
Production Line Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX8 September 2016
The job was ok it was just not a great workplace and not enough work.i wouldn't work there again but it was a good experience to learn the work place.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks