Dal-Tile Employee Reviews

fun work place
Reach Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TX9 January 2018
productive with a nice lunch room we played game and the incentives were great company picnic was great and they cared about the employees saftey was good i was also on the saftey team
Pros
incentives
Cons
short breaks
Good place to work with a few issues
Operator 3 (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TN4 January 2018
If you are looking for a career and you are over 30 years old, this isn't the place for you. They have a high turnover rate because they hire young people that do not want to work 12+ hours a day/swing shift. They will promote kids with little experience because they have longevity.
When I started, there was no training program. I was trained by an employee that had been there a week. I literally begged to be shown anything to enhance my career and my supervisor was always "too busy to show me anything."
Pay is ok, benefits are good and so are some of the managers. The Plant Manager does not spend any time with operators and makes it obvious he is not concerned with the people who do all the physical work.
Pros
some managers are awesome
Cons
upper management concern for their employees
Great environment!
Customer Service Lead (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, IL20 December 2017
I have enjoyed my time working here. It is with a heavy heart that I have to leave to seek further career advancements. The policies and work ethics are reasonable and I know if there was opportunity for me I would definitely stay here.
typical corporate contract job
Art Director / Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX20 December 2017
typical corporate contract job. never was rewarded for advancing visions. no benefits. consistently promised FULL-TIME employment and CONSISTENTLY delayed. time and time again.
Excelente empresa
Administracion de ventas (Current Employee) –  San Pedro Garza García, N. L.18 December 2017
Es una buena empresa aprendes te ayuda a crecer y a aprender todo el tiempo
Pros
Capacitacion continua
Cons
Crecimiento lento
customer service
Assistant to Controller and 5 Directors (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX12 December 2017
Liaison between manufacturer and retail customers. Worked with customs paperwork.

Management and majority of employees have changed since I left, so I'm sure things have changed.
exclente
Coordinador de climas y aires acondicionados (Former Employee) –  Santa Catarina, N. L.27 November 2017
muy buen ambiente de trabajo.
respetan horarios todo conforme la ley
Excelente ambiente de trabajo
operador de produccion (Former Employee) –  San Pedro Garza García, N. L.24 November 2017
Es una fabrica con un excelente ambiente de trabajo, el turno se pasa muy rápido hay aprendí a tomar buenas decisiones a tener liderazgo a como manejar una linea de producción tal como las maquinas como al personal lo mas difícil era el calor y el frió según la temporada, lo que mas me gusto fue como me trataron desde el primer día en que llegue y que siempre me apoyaron y me ayudaron a crecer laboral mente y me dieron la facilidad de estudiar.
Awesome
Maintenance Technician III (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TX8 November 2017
Dal Tile is a wonderful place to work. I have definitely learned a lot and can say it has prepared me to work with a lot of different types of systems such as hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and mechanical.
Pros
401k, Pto, Health benefits.
Managment is garbage
Operator (Current Employee) –  Dickson, TN5 November 2017
The plant manager is basically unaproachable and creates a hostile work environment. The different departments within the plant hold individuals to completely different standards. If they (Managment) like you that person can basically do what they want. Confront or anger a manager and they will find even create reasons to fire you.
Pros
Work schedule
Cons
You do not have to be qualified for a posotion if you are well liked...
Trabajo muy tranquilo
Revisadora de hornos rodillo (Former Employee) –  San Pedro Garza García, N. L.2 November 2017
Me encantó este trabajo es uno de los mejores que e tenido...
Day at Dile-tile
Shipping Checker-Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Florence, AL2 November 2017
Need to be a self starter and work at a fast pace. Need to have a high attention to detail and work with high volumes of product. Have to work with many different personality types in order to achieve the common goal of shipping quality work.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
Cons
stressful at times
Stressful
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Texas23 October 2017
Depending on your boss, they push you to the max to do hard work. It was very stressful to me, didn't give enough break time, difficult part for me on the job was lifting the material. The air conditioning was horrible.
Pros
Gave lunch
Cons
Short breaks, Conditioning was poor.
Great opporunity
Accounting Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX19 October 2017
Dal-tile has great discounts for their employee. I strongly recommended the the company as a opportunity to get job skills to advance in a accounting career or customer service career.
Pros
Hour are great
Cons
the pay is not that great
Excelente Crecimiento Profesional
EHS (Former Employee) –  RH19 October 2017
Una empresa con excelentes valores, y cultura laboral, permite aprender y promoverte a distintas areas dentro de la empresa, cuenta con excelentes prestaciones, y siempre esta enfocada a que el trabajador se supere.
Para superarme
Coordinador (Former Employee) –  San Pedro Garza García, N. L.19 October 2017
La Empresa es muy buena , exelente hambiente de trabajo muy buenos salarios y todas las prestaciones de la ley y exelente cresimiento laboral
Buen ambiente de trabajo, aunque siempre está la presión de los resultados inmediatos
Coordinador CAT (Customer Audit Team) (Former Employee) –  San Pedro Garza García, N. L.18 October 2017
Gran ambiente de trabajo, comedor subsidiado, recursos mínimos necesarios son otorgados, sin embargo en ocasiones cuesta un poco la asignación de nuevo recursos. Se aprende demasiado en la empresa, además se da la facilidad de aprender el proceso de fabricación aunque no se esté directamente relacionado con producción.
Pros
Comedor subsidiado, becas estudios para trabajadores e hijos
Cons
Cultura de trabajo elitista, es más facil subir por "palancas" que por aptitudes
its a place to grow as an employee
Customer Service Rep. II (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJ15 October 2017
its great company to work with. theres no stopping on all the opportunities you have as an employee. great managment and great benefits as well the pay.
unpleased with outcome
Administrative Assistant/ Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, TX11 October 2017
I originally went into this company promised security and room for advancement.Only to find out they were utilizing me to take the work load off of my supervisor. Once I asked for an increase in pay there was a lot of scrutiny that took place in the work field as well as unprofessional behavior and tactics to put a blemish on my character and caused me to eventually be fired for a false accusation of violating the companies policy which i was found not guilty of by unemployment.
Pros
401k and automatic vacation time
Cons
misleading towards employment advancements
Decent work place
Kiln Attendent (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg, PA5 October 2017
Has very great people but the shifts are not easy to get ues to. You do not always get breaks. You have very little time to spend with your family and you have to do the relief shift.
Pros
People
Cons
Shift, sometimes no breaks