Dal-Tile Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Lots of hard work, little management.
Warehouse (Current Employee), NySeptember 15, 2015
Pros: Decent pay, benefits, decent hours
Cons: Shoddy management, short to nonexistent breaks.
Have worked in a completely understaffed location in NY so everyone needs to pull twice their weight, management refuses to hire new employees citing budgetary concerns yet has weekly golf outings and almost daily customer luncheons, we were scolded when a company rep from a trucking company bought the warehouse team a pizza because "it's unprofessional to take food/gifts from customers," this coming from a manager in flip flops coming back from lunch with a customer.

Tight nit group of employees but the management team in my location at least is very self serving, no room for advancement, promotions only through transfers.
Favorite Temp Position.... ever
Customer Service/Order Desk (Former Employee), Industry, CAJune 17, 2013
I loved getting to work in the morning at Dal Tile. Loved the managers and the energetic and dedicated Cust Svc team. This position taught me a lot about maintaining a completely professional demeanor while amid chaos of a very busy tile store. We handled very large imported jobs as well as local in-store orders to mostly contractors, although we did interact directly with the public as individuals came into the location showroom. Even with the pressure of a very high volume of in person and phone sales each day, the teamwork there was of the highest caliber and made any task totally possible!
Over all our plant was a good place to work.
Order Processor, (Former Employee), Olean, NYDecember 8, 2014
Pros: the people i worked with
Cons: poor upper management, almost non existant.
While at Dal Tile I earned a good living, With wonderful benefits, I felt that the company did not care about the worker, only the end result. The management for the most part at my plant was wonderful, and tried their best to help whenever they could. I learned to do many tasks in the 30 years I worked there, and for the most part was trained adequately. Having the trust to do my job without someone hanging over my shoulder, and still knowing that if I needed help I could ask and receive it. Over all our plant was a good place to work.
A very friendly environment and highly dedicated workforce.
Sr. Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 29, 2015
I have worked solely at Dal-Tile Corporation since I moved to the United States in 2003 and I have enjoyment every bit of my almost 10 years of service to the company. Normal working days are fun with management providing all the support and training one needs to accomplish his/her task. I have learned a lot working for the company and I will not hesitate to recommend the company for anyone seeking career advancement in areas they deemed fit.
Fast paced and very demanding
Warehouse Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Salt Lake City UTFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: all around an awesome company
Cons: heavy lifting all day
a typical day buried in product which was good helped the day go by.I learned alot about tile and products associated with tile. I learned a whole new system of recieving and managing product and a new computer entry system. The management were very helpful inforfative and great people to work with and for.I had very helpful group of co-workers that i really enjoyed getting to know and work with. the hardest part throwing tile all day. tthe most enjoyable was the whole job.
HR/Payroll
HR/Payroll Administrator (Former Employee), Muskogee, OKOctober 26, 2015
Pros: Everything there was amazing loved the Job
Cons: was too short went thru temp agency
A typical Day at work was amazing everyone there helped and was very kind well organized. they all helped one another and got the job done they explain your job duties clearly and there are no questions about how to do your job the management team are amazing an nice loved the job and when all was done I left for full time position they still offered work and wished me the best I was very happy I got the privilege to work there
Established employee with Dal-Tile for over 19 years & still going
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee), Ontario, CAOctober 7, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: Healthcare not adequate enough
Working 8 hours & if asked for overtime I take it. I have learned Management Skills working with others. My employer hires capable workers for the job at hand. I have no complaints for the hardest part of the job except lifting 100 plus pounds of tile to fill orders. My most enjoyable part of the job is that time flies when I am busy.
Very good peaple to work with challanging job
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Oakdale, MNApril 11, 2013
Received in trucks 3 days a week Pulled orders for customers who were will calling and those shipping by LTL did some counter work some cycle counts lots of shipping .Learned a lot on the computer How to cycle count ect. The manager there was the best I worked for. Quality coworkers. Hardest was when we had to handle 80lb cement bags Best ppart was the peaple
hardworking employees who were all like family
Auto Trim Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Olean, NYJanuary 22, 2013
co-workers were like family always kept busy loved running a machine and picking and liked seeing the end results. Hardest part was when we worked with poor quality tile and could not keep the machine running continually. was able to sit and stand depending on the tile quality. Management worked with us when we had personal problems trying to give the time off if needed.
Greate company to work for. Very nice Benefits
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 22, 2013
This company is a very high paced and required to keep up the customer demands in the daily basis.
You need to be self motivated
Manager team is very specific
Co- workers are great working together and understand team work
Dealing with different types of employees habits
Be able to interact with various types of customers
Alright place to work friendly staff.
Machine operator (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 30, 2012
Pros: three day weekend
Cons: graveyard 12 hr shifts
Dal Tile is a good company everyone is friendly, and helps out eachother. they provide mediocer benifits.They allow you to put in overtime. Iv learned alot with therre machines and now on my way to training as a mechanic.
Fast pace work enviroment
Sorting Operator (Former Employee), Muskogee, OKDecember 22, 2015
Pros: saftey team, and human resoures
Cons: overnight shift
Enjoyed working in fast pace work environment, also keep my safety first. Hard working setting goals to over achieve what was expected of me in a 12 hour shift. Well commented been a team player ,and which I also looked out and after other team members.
Factory work
Sorter (Former Employee), Muskogee, OKFebruary 3, 2016
Dal tile was a great company that made sure that the employers were all about safety and health. Management were great people that cared for their employees. Was one of my favorite jobs because they treated everyone so well. I learned a lot about factory work and dealing with environmental jobs while working there.
Great company with a lot of advancement opportunities
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 8, 2013
Pros: education and advancement
Started flooring career with Daltile
Worked my way up from warehouse worker to outside sales in first 2 years
Grew my knowledge of the flooring business and was taught the manufacturing process of ceramic tile and porcelain tiles
Worked in various cities throughout texas
Tough Work
CSR 2 (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJMarch 3, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: lack of basic needs to do your job
Great place if you like having weekends off. Stable hours, Job Security, I made some good friendships in the time i've been here. Lots of Heavy lifting. Not many chances for advancement though.
Great company
Information Specialist (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXOctober 15, 2012
Pros: great core values
Cons: temp job
I enjoyed learning and working and meeting deadlines. I liked learning the back end of how equipment was ordered. I enteracted with employees all over the country and sorting out details as well as addressing issures. The company has a great core value and they appreicate their employees
LOVE MY JOB
Automatic Press Packer, Watchmen, r (Former Employee), Olean, NYJuly 10, 2013
Pros: union
Cons: start date
I LOVE THE PEOPLE AND THE PAY WAS GREAT THE SKILLS THEY OFFERED WAS WONDERFUL AND I BELIEVE THE WHERE NOT GOING ANYWHERE BECAUSE OF GOSSIP AND I WORKED 2,3 SHIFT LOVED MY JOB ENJOYED RUNNING ROBOTS AND SHUTTING THE BUILDING DOWN AND LEARNING WATCHMAN SKILLS
Great employees and fun people but hard working employees
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TX - Florence, ALJanuary 24, 2016
Pros: They care about safety of their associates
Great company to work for. They care about their people. Always looking for ways to make company and associates grow.
Classes and meetings are given to keep associates aware of business news and up to date with any classes to help associates learn more.
Overall Job Duties
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Cleveland, OhOctober 13, 2015
My job duties included loading/unloading of incoming/outgoing shipments, loading walk-in customers, taking material returns, doing material searches in the computer system, taking customer orders, cycle counting, shipping/receiving of UPS/Fed Ex packages, driving a forklift, and general warehouse cleaning.
Great group of people.
Glaze Prep Operator I, II, & III (Former Employee), Muskogee, OkMarch 16, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: some materials are hazardous
Co-workers were great. Mixed & prepared materials for lines. Adjusted product as needed. Learned how to make glaze used for tile. Hours took some time to get used too. OT almost always available.
Headquarters