Dal-Tile Employee Reviews

Intense environment
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, TX21 September 2017
Environment is some what in heat area.
Requires to lift products
Attendance is strict
Warehouse experienced is needed
Hydration is necessary
Steel Toe shoes
Not great at all
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TN20 September 2017
Conditions were horrible. Upper management was the same. You as labor are held to a higher standard than management. Upper management is only concerned with their numbers. Turnover rate even in very well paying positions is unbelievable. At present there are not even any HR people. They have all quit.
Pros
Some department managers do look out for their people
Cons
Upper management is arrogant and only cares about numbers.
un buen ambiente de trabajo
tecnico en mantenimiento (Former Employee) –  Santa Catarina, N. L.20 September 2017
excelente ambiente laboral, buen sueldo y muchas formas distintas de aprender, todos los dias se aprende algo nuevo
Pros
seguro medico, infonavit, prestaciones
Cons
descansos rotativos
A very family people oriented environment
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX18 September 2017
Very, very happy working for Dal-Tile. Corporated leadership is very supportive of field plant leadership and its plant employees. Always looking for ways to provide recognition for a job well done.
Good place to work if job is secure
Production Associate IV- Body Prep (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OK14 September 2017
Great place to work if your job is secure. Tedious work. Laid back and strict at the same time. Good coworkers, polite and professional management. Pay is ok depending on job.
Summay
Job title not important (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX 7521713 September 2017
Dal-Tile is a good place to work, as long as sales are going as they should. I was laid off due to low sales but I worked in a department that had no control over sales. I had a good manager and my co-workers were great to work with. I would had stayed if I hadn't been laid off.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Laid off due to lack of sales
Es un buen ambiente de trabajo en el cual se pueden desarrollar habilidades y conocimientos, de igual manera se tiene un nivel de exigencia alto
Jefe de Sapray Dryer (Current Employee) –  Monterrey, N. L.4 September 2017
Durante una jornada de trabajo se evalúa y da seguimiento al plan de trabajo, ya que buscamos cumplir con los objetivos y metas propuestas al día,,, aplicamos mucho el trabajo en equipo ya que de ello depende el éxito de nuestro servicio/producto.
Hot Conditions
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TN30 August 2017
It can get hot during the summer, but besides that it is a good job. You have to be alert at all times in case of accidents and safety hazards. Management is friendly but firm.
It was a nice place to work at i liked it
Selector (Former Employee) –  Florence, AL29 August 2017
Dal-Tile is a great place to work at the employees are some nice people and I would recommend it to anyone who need a a job there it never a dull moment there just great people.
Lots of changes both good and not so good
Sales Service Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX21 August 2017
Good experience. No regrets. Long tenure. Compensation and benefits on the decline. Company culture is suspect. Had I known what I know now, I would've left earlier. It was just my time.
Pros
Brand
Cons
Compensation & Benefits, Culture
Miss working here!
Commercial Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX18 August 2017
Laid back place everyone got along and nothing like your 1st job. Loved working here everyone knew exactly what had to be done for the day very organized and friendly people.
Great pay rate, Terrible management.
Press Packer/ Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg, PA15 August 2017
The pay rate is good. my position is a packer and i made 16$ an hour. I work 3rd shift and the company gives a good amount of discounts on their products.

however...

The managers of the plant have no idea what they are doing. since i work 3rd shift it makes it really hard to have a life outside of work. the general manager is making us work overtime the last 3 weeks with no end in sight. So i have to work sunday night to saturday morning just about every week with one occasional friday the let us "have off". its irritating me because its a 24 hour plant and they cant make quota so basically they want us to work and make more money for them in exchange for our social life
Pros
healthcare, 45 minute breaks, payrate
Cons
manager is a real jerk, mandatory overtime all the time, everyone there can act like a total jerk
i enjoyed it but it was hard labor
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Olean, NY6 August 2017
I worked at dal tile for 25 years . I had paid vacation sick days and health insurance. I would still be there had they not shut down the plant. I enjoyed it. it was manual labor and it was hard on my back and feet but the pros outweighed the cons
Pros
vacation
Cons
hard labor
Excellent job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OK26 July 2017
Learn a lot of different skills. Taught me patience and being universal with different personalities and ethnicities. Pushed me to be better @ being a empathetic and understanding. And the best employee I can be and want to be!!
Pros
Benefits and experience
Cons
Being versatile
Muy buena empresa pars trabajar
Ing. de Procesos (Current Employee) –  San Pedro Garza García, N. L.26 July 2017
En general buena empresa buen ambiente de trabajo
Set Up Tech (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OK24 July 2017
They are a great company the people and the management are like family . The work hours benefit the people well . I only have positive things to say about the work environment
Pros
Working independently
Cons
Moving up in the company
Customer Service/Call Center
Customer Service Administrator /CSR III (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX24 July 2017
Several different sections which are supervised by different supervisors all seem to have different rules.Training on products and process is lacking greatly. HR doesn't seem to have guidelines that are set in stone.

Dress code is very relaxed as you can wear jeans and t-shirts or suits.
Pros
Employee environment and company activites.
Cons
Lack of training and support.
Very Fast Paced
KILN OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Dickson, TN15 July 2017
Hours are very long. Have to stand for most of 12 hours. The schedule is on a swing shift of 6wks on days and 6wks on nights. Hardest part of the job would be handstacking tile and shoveling broken tile.
Productive and fast paced
Glazing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dickson, TN13 July 2017
Great place to work. There is so much to learn and you will always be challenged. The management team is 50/50, some are great and some need work and more experience.
Pros
Compensation. Workers. Future.
Cons
Schedule. Insurance.
very good place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE/WAREHOUSE (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KS12 July 2017
this is a very good place to work. the people and leadership are great and knowledgeable. the store was fantastic and the customers will be missed. loved it