Dal-Tile Employee Reviews

average less than 40 hours
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Portland, ME26 March 2017
Promised an average of 43 hours per week. Never happened. More often than not you don"t work a full week. Nice enough people but doesn't pay the bills.
Pros
Good equipmnt
Cons
Low hours, HDHP very expensve
Fun company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX22 March 2017
A great family oriented company to work for. It is a very diverse company and a great everyday atmosphere. There is opportunity to move up with the company.
company closed
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  New York State17 March 2017
nothing to say and they are no longer open. However the mid shift supervisor was not professional at all. The company over all was an ok place to work.
great company
Commercial/Builder Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CA15 March 2017
very good company, and great starting opportunities, but very difficult to go noticed and advance with in the company, lots of hiring outside of company, depending on which branch, very busy and demanding job and work load, but people are fun and close
Pros
vendor freebies
Cons
short lunches and zero room for error
great product - no training - intense atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO12 February 2017
great products - not enough training - needed more help in all departments - very high pressure atmosphere - lots of turnover - company too focused on no overtime - each location was run by own management team - even though I had over 10 years in the business my manager wasn't open to my thoughts on how to improve services - no way to get help with these frustrations - tried to get upper management to help but was told I had to work this out internally - felt helpless and frustrated
Pros
great products - pay - benefits
Cons
high pressure - lots of turnover - inept people kept on
LINE OPERATOR, SORTER, PACKER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX1 February 2017
Enjoyed working for dal tile wouldnt mind working for them again. Enjoyed the jobs the hours and the pay and the people. I am actually going to go back and apply again after all these years
Pros
ENJOYED IT OVER ALL
Cons
WASNT ANY
Daltile
Commercial Truck Driver/Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FL15 January 2017
My career at Dal-Tile was extremely rewarding. I truly miss the positive and challenging environment that I experienced. I was always encouraged to learn every aspect of the company. I was able to take an order, procure the materials required, purchase from outside vendors, create the sales order, and finally deliver the material to the customer. My supervisors and coworkers were able to depend on me and we had assembled a winning team. I literally enjoyed every aspect of this job. There was nothing I didn’t know about running our store and I was often trusted to do so in an emergency.
Pros
Great pay, opportunity to learn and advance, Positive atmosphere.
Great Company!
Sales Consultant/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ8 January 2017
Challenging yet Rewarding. Top Tile Company in the U.S.
Friendly people and excellent benefits. Opportunity and Advancement within. Mohawk Industries.
Very fast paced and under appriciated
Customer Service and Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM8 January 2017
Over worked,multiple job duties with heavy lifting. I don't like it excess amount of work that is expected of you in a eight hour work day.
Benefits
Cons
Overworked and underpaied
Summry
Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TX6 December 2016
Good place to work. Very talented people and a good work life balance. Each position has challenges but the organization is well equipped to make improvements whenever necessary.
Team of hardworking men,mixed culture,love and collaboration.
ORKLIFT DRIVER,Machine Operator. (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, TX19 November 2016
Comprehensible supervisor ,good training and certificates awards,education sponsored programs and good benefits.Industrial safety is a prime focus to production.
Pros
Discreational launch, packages and awards
Cons
Inadequate staff
Easy going and enjoyable
Sample Express Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO 802237 November 2016
This job is easy going and easy to learn. Everyone is a team player and always there to help. always leaning something new everyday
Excellent company to work for. They had passion for the company and excelled at their jobs.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX2 November 2016
My typical day began with making coffee and cleaning the conference rooms. Making sure there was proper supplies in the kitchen. Greeting vendors, clients, building maintenance and all visitors. Making sure they find the person they came to visit. Assisted building maintenance to the location of the issue they were to work on. Ordering Company ID's for all in Corporate Office and the individual Apartment Complex's Employees as well. Ordered office supplies and coffee supply's. Answered multiple phones.
Backup for the person who received incoming customer complaints calls. Worked closely with Apartment Managers and others in their office. I didn't see the hardest job, only dealing with the different personality's at the front desk. The most enjoyable part was working for my Manager and my Supervisor. They were most pleasant to deal with and easy to work for.
Pros
Great Coffee, Great Kitchen
Cons
Location was far to travel to. It was only a Temporary Job.
Productive and hectic workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC17 October 2016
Daltile, Charlotte, NC is an extremely busy sales center. The Daltile team members are very hardworking individuals. Daltile is a fun and yet stressful place to work.
Pros
Customers and Coworkers
N/a
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN26 September 2016
Learned a great deal about the tile industry. Great hours, local team was enjoyable. Owned by Mohawk Ind. & is the largest tile company in the US.
Strict and racial work place
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TX26 September 2016
This job is a favorital job with their employees the supervisors are rude not mannered. They try to fire people whose on a tight knot so they can hire there friends.
Great and stable place to work
representative (Current Employee) –  Billings, MT22 September 2016
Awesome customers and huge line of tile coupled with a large share of the market. Hand's off bosses who let you do your job without looking over your shoulder all the time.
Production Line Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX8 September 2016
The job was ok it was just not a great workplace and not enough work.i wouldn't work there again but it was a good experience to learn the work place.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
Dal
Warehouse labor, Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO5 September 2016
Awesome work enviroment. Set schedule, day goes by fast. Pay is decent. Benefits, 401k offered. Works around your schedule somewhat. 40 hours a week, time and a half if you go into over time.
Terrible work environment
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Massachusetts1 September 2016
Lazy and unorganized management who are not open to suggestions to improve the work place in anyway, which spreads to long time employees, no incentive to work harder, favoritism run rampant, putting the stress of keeping up production on a few underpaid employees. The buck certainly does not stop here, don't know how they keep people.
Pros
Free tee shirts from vendors
Cons
Environment, management, compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dal-Tile. Our community is ready to answer.

86%