Dal-Tile Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
work is work
warehouse (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 25, 2016
a typical day at work can be very overwhelming at times. busy days come and go and you just have to learn how to manage your time. i have learned a lot since i have been working for this company. some good and some are just disappointing. my co workers are awesome and hard workers, and very dependable. hardest part of the job would be the physical and continues lifting of heavy tile and setting material. the most enjoyable part of the job would be working with my co workers.
north oaks
picker/packer battery change (Former Employee), MarylandApril 14, 2016
when I arrive at work I get started by reviewing the menu to see what the days selection would be. then start preparing meals for customers
SR Resource Planner/Buyer/Forecaster (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 13, 2016
Pros: flexible work hours, freedom of ideas
Cons: healthcare, childcare options
Normally I arrive to work and I start off my checking my phone/emails to see if any of my vendors or warehouses need anything urgently. Depending on the day I'll check that days reporting and see if anything needs to be addressed. If any unique unforeseen situations arise I'll address them and see if there is anyway to include them in my report modeling going forward. Depending on the day I'll either be working on a special project, updating system parameters, checking to see if items need to be ordered, sending inventory reporting to my vendors, checking up on expected receipt dates, working to help fill back orders, project and communicate any potential outages or disruptions in service, or speak to the sales and marketing teams about their sales expectations.

This job has taught me that something can always been done better and I lavish in being able to improve my modeling, reporting, and my technical skills. I love finding room for improvement through reporting and automation.

The hardest part of the job is responding to situations in which I have no control and making the best of a bad situation for all parties involved. A vendor ships something late for whatever reason or the capacity of one of our plants gets priority over our customers.
Nothing short of amazing!!!
Sample Express (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2016
Best position I have held. Amazing atmosphere, great team work and also enjoy working with our customers. My manager is helpful and resourceful.
Good family oriented workplace
Business Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 8, 2016
Pros: On-site lunch caterers and many employee events.
I was in a fast-paced department with many co-workers. All co-workers were friendly and always willing to help each other out at a moment's notice.
Factory work
Sorter (Former Employee), Muskogee, OKFebruary 3, 2016
Dal tile was a great company that made sure that the employers were all about safety and health. Management were great people that cared for their employees. Was one of my favorite jobs because they treated everyone so well. I learned a lot about factory work and dealing with environmental jobs while working there.
Great employees and fun people but hard working employees
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TX - Florence, ALJanuary 24, 2016
Pros: They care about safety of their associates
Great company to work for. They care about their people. Always looking for ways to make company and associates grow.
Classes and meetings are given to keep associates aware of business news and up to date with any classes to help associates learn more.
Decent
Production Associate (Former Employee), Muskogee, OKJanuary 23, 2016
Typical environment, much like other factories, the most difficult part would be adjusting sleep pattern to work night shift.
A very friendly environment and highly dedicated workforce.
Sr. Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 29, 2015
I have worked solely at Dal-Tile Corporation since I moved to the United States in 2003 and I have enjoyment every bit of my almost 10 years of service to the company. Normal working days are fun with management providing all the support and training one needs to accomplish his/her task. I have learned a lot working for the company and I will not hesitate to recommend the company for anyone seeking career advancement in areas they deemed fit.
Fast pace work enviroment
Sorting Operator (Former Employee), Muskogee, OKDecember 22, 2015
Pros: saftey team, and human resoures
Cons: overnight shift
Enjoyed working in fast pace work environment, also keep my safety first. Hard working setting goals to over achieve what was expected of me in a 12 hour shift. Well commented been a team player ,and which I also looked out and after other team members.
HR/Payroll
HR/Payroll Administrator (Former Employee), Muskogee, OKOctober 26, 2015
Pros: Everything there was amazing loved the Job
Cons: was too short went thru temp agency
A typical Day at work was amazing everyone there helped and was very kind well organized. they all helped one another and got the job done they explain your job duties clearly and there are no questions about how to do your job the management team are amazing an nice loved the job and when all was done I left for full time position they still offered work and wished me the best I was very happy I got the privilege to work there
Overall Job Duties
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Cleveland, OhOctober 13, 2015
My job duties included loading/unloading of incoming/outgoing shipments, loading walk-in customers, taking material returns, doing material searches in the computer system, taking customer orders, cycle counting, shipping/receiving of UPS/Fed Ex packages, driving a forklift, and general warehouse cleaning.
Great Team Work
Warehouse Team Lead (Current Employee), AusOctober 8, 2015
Pros: Fun work place
Cons: N/A
The company has been great to me. I enjoy the atmosphere, Management is on point with the team. My work never gets unnoticed. I am privileged to work with this company.
Established employee with Dal-Tile for over 19 years & still going
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee), Ontario, CAOctober 7, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: Healthcare not adequate enough
Working 8 hours & if asked for overtime I take it. I have learned Management Skills working with others. My employer hires capable workers for the job at hand. I have no complaints for the hardest part of the job except lifting 100 plus pounds of tile to fill orders. My most enjoyable part of the job is that time flies when I am busy.
Lots of hard work, little management.
Warehouse (Current Employee), NySeptember 15, 2015
Pros: Decent pay, benefits, decent hours
Cons: Shoddy management, short to nonexistent breaks.
Have worked in a completely understaffed location in NY so everyone needs to pull twice their weight, management refuses to hire new employees citing budgetary concerns yet has weekly golf outings and almost daily customer luncheons, we were scolded when a company rep from a trucking company bought the warehouse team a pizza because "it's unprofessional to take food/gifts from customers," this coming from a manager in flip flops coming back from lunch with a customer.

Tight nit group of employees but the management team in my location at least is very self serving, no room for advancement, promotions only through transfers.
Great company with committed team
Production and Scheduling Supervisor (Current Employee), Muskogee, OKAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Excellent work environment and team
Cons: Work schedule
Excellent company to work for and grow with. Manufacturing company so hours of operation may not fit everybody's life schedule. Lots of opportunity for promotion from within.
customers
Warehouse/Supervisor (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 18, 2015
Pros: hard worker
Cons: slow days
enjoyed this company , Gave me a start in the tile industries and showed me all i know now . Customers were friendly and coworkers were great
Interesting!
Inventory clerk/ warehouse clerk (Former Employee), Anaheim CAMay 11, 2015
Great company! I worked for them around a year! Would go back if I can! Great pay! Fun place, worked here in different positions,
Not a bad job, just has poor training and promotion opportunities
Utility/Production Associate (Current Employee), Fayette, ALApril 20, 2015
Not a bad job, just has poor training and promotion opportunities. Management doesn't manage employee's well enough for training to be acquired.
Great group of people.
Glaze Prep Operator I, II, & III (Former Employee), Muskogee, OkMarch 16, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: some materials are hazardous
Co-workers were great. Mixed & prepared materials for lines. Adjusted product as needed. Learned how to make glaze used for tile. Hours took some time to get used too. OT almost always available.
Headquarters