Dal-Tile Employee Reviews

my dutyes where from keeping the flow on production, no t to stop productionn
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  el paso texas23 April 2017
typical day was to keep presses running for as long as it was necessary, incluiding the quality was very important, when necessary replace the face punch, asap,to keep running the production and on my free days to help replace mould&die that wuold take 8hrs the wholle process.calibrating and a compleate set up to have ready the pressfor whenever necessary.the harder part of the job would be to do changes as quik as we could in order to keep the press ready,work place culture was in circles politically motivated, and other words your my friend you do ok, your not my friend hurry up,the enjoyable part was when all presses were opereiting in good condition.
Pros
some times!
Cons
machine for coffe were all the time on bad conditions and nobody and management care about this
Fun to work there
Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX22 April 2017
Excellent environment, great place to succeed, a lot of opportunities to attend or keep going to school, good benefits, flexibility of work position accommodation.
Pros
good environment
Cons
give management positions to unskilled personnel
Cool people i work with
Forklift Operator/Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX20 April 2017
They don't give any raises I knew people who work there for 5 years and still haven't got a raise if you need a job I can understand going there but I wouldn't make it permanent
Awesome company
Admin Manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TX16 April 2017
Great company to work for. Offers opportunity to learn and advance. Very pro family. Would work for again. Good people and even better customers. Regret leaving
hard job not great pay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NC11 April 2017
no commucation. help customers load trucks help design answer phones................................................................... learned you can be replaced anythime
Good Company
Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CA5 April 2017
Dal-Tile was a good company to work for. Fast paced environment. Management team is good and very knowledgeable. Merging with Mohawk was the worse thing they could have done, raises were not given to staff for two years and when they were it was for only ten cents increase for the year.
average less than 40 hours
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Portland, ME26 March 2017
Promised an average of 43 hours per week. Never happened. More often than not you don"t work a full week. Nice enough people but doesn't pay the bills.
Pros
Good equipmnt
Cons
Low hours, HDHP very expensve
Fun company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX22 March 2017
A great family oriented company to work for. It is a very diverse company and a great everyday atmosphere. There is opportunity to move up with the company.
company closed
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  New York State17 March 2017
nothing to say and they are no longer open. However the mid shift supervisor was not professional at all. The company over all was an ok place to work.
great company
Commercial/Builder Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CA15 March 2017
very good company, and great starting opportunities, but very difficult to go noticed and advance with in the company, lots of hiring outside of company, depending on which branch, very busy and demanding job and work load, but people are fun and close
Pros
vendor freebies
Cons
short lunches and zero room for error
great product - no training - intense atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO12 February 2017
great products - not enough training - needed more help in all departments - very high pressure atmosphere - lots of turnover - company too focused on no overtime - each location was run by own management team - even though I had over 10 years in the business my manager wasn't open to my thoughts on how to improve services - no way to get help with these frustrations - tried to get upper management to help but was told I had to work this out internally - felt helpless and frustrated
Pros
great products - pay - benefits
Cons
high pressure - lots of turnover - inept people kept on
LINE OPERATOR, SORTER, PACKER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX1 February 2017
Enjoyed working for dal tile wouldnt mind working for them again. Enjoyed the jobs the hours and the pay and the people. I am actually going to go back and apply again after all these years
Pros
ENJOYED IT OVER ALL
Cons
WASNT ANY
Daltile
Commercial Truck Driver/Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FL15 January 2017
My career at Dal-Tile was extremely rewarding. I truly miss the positive and challenging environment that I experienced. I was always encouraged to learn every aspect of the company. I was able to take an order, procure the materials required, purchase from outside vendors, create the sales order, and finally deliver the material to the customer. My supervisors and coworkers were able to depend on me and we had assembled a winning team. I literally enjoyed every aspect of this job. There was nothing I didn’t know about running our store and I was often trusted to do so in an emergency.
Pros
Great pay, opportunity to learn and advance, Positive atmosphere.
Great Company!
Sales Consultant/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ8 January 2017
Challenging yet Rewarding. Top Tile Company in the U.S.
Friendly people and excellent benefits. Opportunity and Advancement within. Mohawk Industries.
Very fast paced and under appriciated
Customer Service and Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM8 January 2017
Over worked,multiple job duties with heavy lifting. I don't like it excess amount of work that is expected of you in a eight hour work day.
Benefits
Cons
Overworked and underpaied
Summry
Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TX6 December 2016
Good place to work. Very talented people and a good work life balance. Each position has challenges but the organization is well equipped to make improvements whenever necessary.
Team of hardworking men,mixed culture,love and collaboration.
ORKLIFT DRIVER,Machine Operator. (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, TX19 November 2016
Comprehensible supervisor ,good training and certificates awards,education sponsored programs and good benefits.Industrial safety is a prime focus to production.
Pros
Discreational launch, packages and awards
Cons
Inadequate staff
Easy going and enjoyable
Sample Express Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO 802237 November 2016
This job is easy going and easy to learn. Everyone is a team player and always there to help. always leaning something new everyday
Excellent company to work for. They had passion for the company and excelled at their jobs.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX2 November 2016
My typical day began with making coffee and cleaning the conference rooms. Making sure there was proper supplies in the kitchen. Greeting vendors, clients, building maintenance and all visitors. Making sure they find the person they came to visit. Assisted building maintenance to the location of the issue they were to work on. Ordering Company ID's for all in Corporate Office and the individual Apartment Complex's Employees as well. Ordered office supplies and coffee supply's. Answered multiple phones.
Backup for the person who received incoming customer complaints calls. Worked closely with Apartment Managers and others in their office. I didn't see the hardest job, only dealing with the different personality's at the front desk. The most enjoyable part was working for my Manager and my Supervisor. They were most pleasant to deal with and easy to work for.
Pros
Great Coffee, Great Kitchen
Cons
Location was far to travel to. It was only a Temporary Job.
Productive and hectic workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC17 October 2016
Daltile, Charlotte, NC is an extremely busy sales center. The Daltile team members are very hardworking individuals. Daltile is a fun and yet stressful place to work.
Pros
Customers and Coworkers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dal-Tile. Our community is ready to answer.