Dal-Tile Employee Reviews

No room for growth in customer service
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX19 June 2017
Management in the customer service department is prejudice and holds favoritism. There is no room for growth and they do not compensate their employees.
Pros
Cons
bad location, no growth, bad management
Nice pay and environment
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Florence, AL18 June 2017
Involves long hours but have time off and great pay. Employees are nice and friendly. I enjoyed working here and am only leaving due to a higher paying job.
I'm just getting my feet wet...
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX17 June 2017
if your looking to grow and not be held back this company is perfect!! They encourage moving up within the company and give plenty opportunities to do so.
Pros
Security
Enjoyed all the learning prospects I was given. Became the best I could be in my field
sales and showroom manager & designer (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CA13 June 2017
Dal Tile was ultimately the best company I have ever worked for. Management, co-workers, customers were all 100% If I ever have a chance to be in another tile and stone store I hope it is just as awesome as my years at Dal-Tile
Pros
Customers and very healthy enviroment, happy store
Great Work Place
Operator (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OK13 June 2017
Great pay rates. Great work environment. Great Schedules. Learning opportunities with promotions in the company. Multiple benefits. On the job training.
Fast Paced Busy
Help Enter Orders
Drive Forklift when needed
Help move and sell Granite Stone Slabs
Service General Contractors, Designers, Architects, Dealers, Builders, Casinos
Pros
Have my own schedule
excelente empresa
coordinador de importaciones (Former Employee) –  Santa Catarina, N. L.29 May 2017
es una empresa muy buena , con muchas areas de creciemiento y ademas cuenta con varias prestaciones muy buenas
Watch your back.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX24 May 2017
Plant manager pit each shift manager and supervisor against each other but would not admit to it. If you shift fell short of it's minimum numbers he would belittle you in front of your peers.
Cons
cut throat
Employees are helpful
Operator 4 (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX23 May 2017
Job overall was not stressful at all and in fact easy at times. Management is very helpful as well. You must wait 1 year before you advance from positions.
productive
Hydraulic Press Operator / Packer (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PA21 May 2017
environment was fun. it was a fast paced place to work. so shift went by really quick. never came out the way you walked in. always left full of dust. short breaks but overall time flys by fast
Pros
good pay
Cons
new management
Great
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, TX17 May 2017
Great company to work for safety first and making sure workers understand that and team work getting the job done great benefits and everything you could want in a company
Buen ambiente de trabajo
ayudante general (Former Employee) –  Santa Catarina, N. L.16 May 2017
Oportunidad de crecimiento,
Buen ambiente en area de produccion.
Pros
Prestaciones de ley
Cons
Poco tiempo extra
Hostile work environment.
Manager (Former Employee) –  NY15 May 2017
As a former manager of a sales service center I am well equipped to give an overview of this company. The employees and my self were on most days completely overrun with work. Phones wood ring forever because staff was busy with other calls, customers in the center, people in the showroom. This center was completely understaffed. Daltile would not allow any more employees in the center. The upper management can be best described as arrogant narcissistic bullies. There was no positive approach to obtaining goals. It was always a beat down by upper management. Read the description for hostile work environment. This place fits the bill.
The healthcare program available is horrible. Its basic catastrophic
insurance. Deductibles and copays are massive. This should not be for a company this size. Daltile is a division of Mohawk. I have moved on to another company in this same line of work. If you can stay away from this place.
Pros
Cons
Just about everything
Very productive place
Operator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX8 May 2017
I really loved the way they set up the schedule. They were long hours but it was worth working there. We had very bad management. I really enjoy working there.
Projects Management and ISO Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX5 May 2017
Great place to work, advancement opportunities, very safe environment.
Company provided courses and cross training within the company.
Working here is like being at home with the family.
Muy buena empresa se mantiene al margen y
montacarguista almacenista (Former Employee) –  Salamanca, Gto.3 May 2017
Una empresa a grandes rasgos un empresa mundial q permite estar creciendo día con día y donde uno mismo y familia salen adelante un orgullo trabajar para daltile mexico
Pros
Muy buena sprestaciones aguinaldos x mayor de la ley
Cons
Las contras no puedes yegar crudo la empresa cuida demasiado sus asociados
It was always work or something to.
Dispatcher and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eldersburg, MD28 April 2017
I like the perks of having to work on my own . I like to take on challenges. I like to keep busy. Having to sit behind a desk. People wantin / needing my help.
Pros
Driving
Cons
No work
my dutyes where from keeping the flow on production, no t to stop productionn
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  el paso texas23 April 2017
typical day was to keep presses running for as long as it was necessary, incluiding the quality was very important, when necessary replace the face punch, asap,to keep running the production and on my free days to help replace mould&die that wuold take 8hrs the wholle process.calibrating and a compleate set up to have ready the pressfor whenever necessary.the harder part of the job would be to do changes as quik as we could in order to keep the press ready,work place culture was in circles politically motivated, and other words your my friend you do ok, your not my friend hurry up,the enjoyable part was when all presses were opereiting in good condition.
Pros
some times!
Cons
machine for coffe were all the time on bad conditions and nobody and management care about this
Fun to work there
Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX22 April 2017
Excellent environment, great place to succeed, a lot of opportunities to attend or keep going to school, good benefits, flexibility of work position accommodation.
Pros
good environment
Cons
give management positions to unskilled personnel
Cool people i work with
Forklift Operator/Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX20 April 2017
They don't give any raises I knew people who work there for 5 years and still haven't got a raise if you need a job I can understand going there but I wouldn't make it permanent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dal-Tile. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval