Daktronics

Daktronics Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good company considering management
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee), Brookings, SDSeptember 27, 2013
Cons: low range of pay
Overall liked working there, few opportunities for advancement
not enough hours
Intern Level (Former Employee), san antonioAugust 27, 2013
Pros: travel all around the city
Cons: n/a
they promise hours and benefits not what I excepted out this company. Training is horrible and excepted to learn everything all in one day
Strongly driven goal oriented company, yet laid back and easygoing
Manufacturing Engineer Student (Current Employee), Brookings, SDJuly 10, 2013
Pros: flexible with work schedule during school
Work with a team of engineers
Learned communication skills
Easily able to work with co-workers
Work with process improvements for New Product Development
Design tooling
Implement Safety Guarding
Lean
Great place for a student
Control Systems Designer (Student) (Former Employee), Brookings, SDJanuary 23, 2013
I worked at Daktronics as a student and it gave me a lot of valuable experience. I
Good place to start your career..
Buyer/Planner (Current Employee), Brookings, SDDecember 19, 2012
It is a good place to start your career but it has many problems.
Electronic Technician (Former Employee), Brookings SDNovember 20, 2012
Worked on PCBS
Troubleshooted non-working PCBs
Great coworkers
Excellent Company
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Brookings, SDNovember 11, 2012
I worked here while in college. The pay was the only negative. Other than that I worked with a lot of great people and was given the opportunity to work in the field I was studying. I felt like my opinions were heard and that I was a valued part of the team.
Caution
Manufacturing Systems Project Manager (Former Employee), Brookings, SDSeptember 28, 2012
Pros: good work-life balance, decent benefits, midwest culture
Cons: issues negotiating change and bringing new staff on-board.
Like many organizations, they experienced explosive (organic) growth and are now trying to scale back and reallocate resources to be more profitable. Overall, it is a good company, but prior to taking a position, make certain that you are aware of the implicit and explicit expectations for the role you seek. Often there are issues that you will not – more... be made aware of until you are in a situation. – less
Technican
ETT (Former Employee), South DakotaAugust 25, 2012
Pros: i enjoy electronics
Cons: vindictive co-workers and leadership, poor raises and starting pay
I always loved electronics and repair and troubleshooting and anything came easy for me even before I worked here it is called electronics know how and talented with skilled rework repair, and troubleshooting and training other technicians and well some just refused to listen as there way was set in mind.

Operators and other standard assemblers are – more... forced to stand most of the day and felt it was required for all employees to stand even techs. I never got the family feel from this company and felt that most would gossip all day and spread rumors for false nature and false accusations which usually leads to people getting abused emotionally and disgruntled. Co-workers and engineers alike would ask questions and would answer them with absolute reason under the Applied Technology ascertained with in my degree of study which was outside of daktronics culture. They do not allow for proper troubleshooting and give tight time constraints and end up tossing PCB's that some can not figure out or unable to configure a proper routine of troubleshooting techniques or lack basic understanding of Digital Electronics fundamentals or never bread boarded anything down to a specific level of boolean TTL logic and lack understanding of PWM and signaling properties and seem to lack ac/dc analysis and when prompted with a question right out of a college book seems most forgot or could not answer properly and had to go through a chain of command to find the answer then get back to me.

The place is micro mangaged down to each individual and always felt like BIG brother was breathing down, and constantly wanting extended hours but got no yields as attrition was up and down and all over the place.

Coming from a large member two parent family with a child of special needs, appointments were a nightmare so when I had the time it seemed they would reject it, but when I didn't have the time they offer overtime and would give occurances for family related absenses even if clearly obvious of a reason.

I felt tossed and turned there twisted and confused of their demands in the market place, and constantly hounded of wether or not I was going to return to college for their course in engineering, well I choose to go for my under graduate on my own. – less
A learning experience in the corporate field
Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee), Brookings, SDAugust 23, 2012
Pros: relaxed workdays, great insight into corporate field, experience
Cons: a large amount of repetitious tasks with little creative thinking
The employment opportunity at Daktronics offered a great deal of insight into the collective environment of a corporate business structure. As part of its student hiring program, I worked as an assistant coordinator in the commercial reselling position. As such my work pertained to assisting coordinators and sales personnel in making sales to companies – more... who would purchase Daktronics merchandise (digital displays) would then in turn sell them to an end-user (such as a gas station etc..). My work consisted of generating pricing quotes with a variety of different software as well as compiling order packets, invoices and uploading information into the company pipeline. Also part of my job was to train new employees; this was easily the most favorable task for me, as I like working face to face with people. The most unfavorable part of my job would be found in the monotonous task of quotes and pricing, this was generally very mundane and consisted of very little effort and energy. My time at Daktronics was a very good experience which increased a large variety of skills and helped to understand my interests and personal career pursuits with more clarity. – less
Constantly improving gameday production team
Production Manager (Current Employee), Auburn, ALJune 10, 2012
Every year we run live shows on the various boards at Auburn University sports events. Every year the demands increase, the content gets more complex, and we get better and better.
A solid U.S. based tech company
Field Engineer (Current Employee), U.S.May 16, 2012
Pros: work environment
Cons: pay is average if not poor in some roles
Daktronics is the industry leader in LED displays, and the growth the company has experienced is incredible. Even more remarkable is that most of the manufacturing operations are based in the U.S. and only a small portion of the products are produced overseas. The company has a very strong family feeling, despite the global reach of the offices scattered – more... around the U.S. and the world. Each day on the job is completely different, and the amount of freedom I have is awesome. A key strength of the company as a whole is the ability to overcome challenges in designing new and improved products. It is a great atmosphere to be a part of. – less
job review
Electronics technician (Former Employee), TexasApril 26, 2012
Pros: working around sports, company vehicle, company laptop, company cell phone
Cons: long hours, weekends, shift away from customer service, politics.
I enjoyed my time with Daktronics. The major downside to the jobwas that there was a definate shift that was very visible over the course of time away from customer service and towards making the stockholders money.
Enjoyed working at Daktronics .Love to come back part-time.
Custodian (Former Employee), Brookings, SDApril 25, 2012
Pros: talking to employees
Cons: moving furniture to clean floor
I started out dusting areas and polishing the elevators.We then cleaned the restrooms.We picked up the garbage in factory after lunch and then cleaned the cafeteria area.We cleaned the stairways when possible. I miss the people and co-workers.The hardest part of working for Daktronics was cleaning when it snowed.The most enjoyable was getting together – more... the crew at special parties. – less
Very interesting line work
Laborer (Former Employee), Brookings, SDApril 13, 2012
Pros: loved the hours
Cons: too far away
This in my opinion is a fine company and i wanted to try something different but after time felt it was not challenging enough for me..Needed the patient/customer contact
The work place is without reward or decent compensation
Aluminum Welder (Current Employee), Brookings, SDMarch 28, 2012
The company has maintained its "college" level wages but expected more from its workers, without providing market prices in wages or benefits. Its does not reward skilled labor for their skills.
This company has a great family atmosphere and is continuously working to improve the work environment for all employees.
Civil Engineer (Current Employee), Brookings, SDMarch 27, 2012
Cons: health benefits
I enjoy working at Daktronics. I especially love the friendly and family oriented atmosphere. Everyone I work with is usually very cooperative and helpful. I have seen the work environment improve each year while at Daktronics. Management seems very intent on doing all that they can to provide the best possible workplace for all employees.
Travel, learning experiance, opportunity for all
Manager Scoreboard Sales and Service (Former Employee), Springfield, MO Satelite for Daktronics SDJanuary 5, 2012
Pros: travel, pay, experiance
Cons: travel sometimes to much, guidence.
In style company, family run large company. Every opportunity to advance through the ranks.

About Daktronics

Daktronics always knows the score. The company is a leading manufacturer of electronic displays, audio systems, and timing products. – Read more

Daktronics Photos