Daktronics Employee Reviews

Good Student Job
Student (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SD31 October 2016
Mutually Beneficial to the Company and Students. Daktronics receives decent labor below market rates and students gain valuable experience. Overall a good experience.
Pros
Pay is good for Part time job, Opportunities to learn
Cons
Not busy at times, feel bad wasting time
Good place for freelance. Paid well
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VA11 September 2016
Good place for freelance. Paid well. Work was exciting. We were given free lunch. Co-workers were all very professional.
Friendly place to work with chances for advancement.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SD10 July 2016
Daktronics in Brookings South Dakota is a great place to work because you have a good chance for advancement. The people there are knowledgeable and are willing to help you learn and do your job. The management always provides you with the tools and the knowhow to do your job. The hardest part of the job is working with machines that malfunction. The most enjoyable part is when I help the technicians find defects in the circuit boards that we manufacture. Since I am a technician, but just not a technician at Daktronics I enjoy repairing electronics.
Fun work environment
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SD1 June 2016
Family feeling, tight knit. Good benefits. I enjoyed my time there and made lifelong friends. Good management. Collaborative work atmosphere.
Good place to work with really good co-workers
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN17 May 2016
My main job was creating and joining circuit boards for digital boards like scoreboards, video displays & message displays. I had great co-workers and good management, The most enjoable part of the job was getting to travel and the hardest was working inside large digital boards outside in the summer
Pros
worked with me being a divorced dad and travelling
Cons
Not much room for advancement
One of America's Best Employers
Lean Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SD12 May 2016
Good community and business environment. I think it is a great place to work and provides employees with many opportunities.
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Redwood Falls, MN10 May 2016
Love the people that I work with and the ability to learn and grow within your position. I enjoy the work life/balance and the support to learn new things.
Crew and Supervisor
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Redwood Falls, MN20 January 2016
Daktronics was the first company that provided electronic assembly experience for me. I had the opportunity to learn how to build power boxes, building crates, packaging, zip-tieing electrical wires onto scoreboards, laying out labels, maintaining work orders for each board, test and inspected LED lightings as well. I also operated tools that I have not used before in previous jobs.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
work distance
Flexible hours, great environment
Electrical Lab Tech Student (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SD18 January 2016
Working in the reliability lab at Daktronics was extremely helpful in pursuing my career in electrical engineering. I was able to get hands-on experience in the engineering field. My coworkers were very supportive and enjoyable to work with. The reason I am planning on leaving Daktronics is due to needing different hours during school. It was very difficult for me to balance working and attending school when the only hours I could work were on weekdays. I am currently looking for a job which would allow me to focus on school during the week and my job during the weekend.
Pros
Good environment, flexible hours, great learning experience
Cons
Below average pay, high GPA requirement
Exciting electronic business in the middle of the US
Sales and Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SD22 December 2015
Everyday is a different chance to learn with Daktronics.

As an Intern you are encouraged to explore as many different jobs in the company as you can / would like.

The day to day management is very relaxed and a fun place to work. As it is the electronics industry there are an incredible amount of jobs under the headquarters. Whether you want to work as an engineer, testing and making the products. There's also the design and marketing side of the industry, which simply creates the art you see on the displays. Maybe the sales industry fits you better. Whatever you would like to do, they have it there.

It is truly an amazing place to work, and the CEO and upper management have tried to make it a relaxed workplace with a very friendly staff. It is not uncommon to see the CEO walking right by you, greeting you. Truly amazing to see in a company today.
Pros
Great place to work, great job security, great company atmosphere
Cons
Brookings isn't exactly the best place to live, not much to do other than work.
Internship
Large Sport Venue Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SD23 November 2015
Great internship program with lots of opportunities to experience different facets of the company. Made a lot of connections and good experiences
Daktronics is a great place to work for. Fun environment!
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SD9 November 2015
The people are great to work with. Always doing something fun, food days and decorating for holidays or events. Management is always understanding and wonderful.
Recent competitive pay increase
Production Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SD3 November 2015
Daktronics was always a typical assembly job up until this last year when they rolled over to a new competitive pay environment. Now there are written, achievable goals to reaching a decent pay, and starting pay is great for South Dakota.
Worst company I ever worked for
Final Assembler (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SD15 August 2015
By far the worst company I ever worked for. Had college degree but was forced to start in outdoor assembly. Always seemed to get the most physical job duties even though I was older. Applied but was turned down for every entry level job due to inexperience even though I had at least 10 years of experience in any one of those positions. Many coworkers were bullies and supervisors punished you for bringing concerns to their attention. Direct supervisor should have been terminated many times for harassment. Management had virtually no communication skills to relate to the workers. They treated student workers much better than full time experienced employees. HR absolutely horrible and lazy. Do I need to continue? Terrible place to work!
Pros
usually worked 4 10 hour days
Cons
oh so many!
Good place to work. But you work hard.
ACCOUNT SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, South Dakota30 July 2015
Multiple hats. Multiple supervisors. Lots of meetings and sometimes not enough time to get done. The position was rewarding and required and immense amount of technical skill.
Fun workplace and great opportunity
Video crew member (Former Employee) –  Ames, IA21 July 2015
I filmed all Iowa State sporting events such as basketball, football, soccer, softball, gymnastics, volleyball and wrestling. I learned how to keep calm in a fast paced environment and how to create cool new shots for live broadcast.
Fun workplace environment. Great people.
Student Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SD5 June 2015
Great coworkers that give you a drive to get to work in an excellent, fun environment. Worked with customers from all over the nationand got to be creative, which is something I absolutely love.
Productive and jobs are different eveyday
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX21 May 2015
A typical day would be getting on a conference call for 8:00, checking my email for my cases for the day. Calling customer to confirm appointment time and going to site to fix issue
Good company work environment and culture
Job Role:Project Engineer in Engineer Department (Former Employee) –  Shanghai7 April 2015
Daktronics is a large LED Video and Audio America based company with a world wide reputation. It provides me good stage to grow up from industry to personal skills.

You will see from the attached resume, I've built my career in a variety of roles in Daktronics. I am a person who works effectively as a team member and work with little supervision. I respond quickly to situations and needs, successfully implementing for product and process improvement with good judgment in difficult situations.

The most enjoyable part is I could cooperate with staff from worldwide and provide excellent service to customer.
slow work enviorment
Electrical Assembler (Former Employee) –  victor ny18 November 2014
I spent my day building power panels and control panels. wired panels to the appropriate machinery and componets. motors, sensors.,