Daktronics Employee Reviews

Daktronics
Software Trainer (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SD18 September 2017
A typical day at work is calls and training. The hardest part is when you are busy and short staffed. I have learned time management to complete everything on time.
Great career path
Sports Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SD17 May 2017
If you are a sports fan, this is the best company in the industry to work for. You will see and experience moments that money can't buy with this career.
Pros
Behind the scenes
Cons
Lot of travel
Flexible and fun place to grow as a SDSU Student
International Administrative Student (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SD11 May 2017
Working at Daktronics has been nothing short of a fun and exciting way for me to grow my skills while still pursuing my college degree. They have always been great about making my schedule fit with my classes along with creating a culture that was open and positive. There was never a day in my department where I felt like I wasn't able to express new ideas or give my opinion on something we were working on. Everyone treats each other like equals despite their job titles and I think there is a lot to say about that.
Pros
Student friendly, Flexible scheduling, great benefits, and personable staff.
Cons
Hard to advance within the company. There isn't a lot of movement within the company.
Fun work environment
Grip Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FL16 March 2017
A typical work was getting to the studio before game time and saying hello to everyone who was working in the control room then grab my field passes and head down to the field with all the equipment.

I learned a lot by always asking questions about every camera weather I was helping with it or just walking by it and just wanted to know how it woks.

The work culture was always fun and it never felt like I was working but it felt like I was doing something that I love to do.

The hardest part of the job was definitely working on the field when the temperature was well over 100 degrees and you had to keep working without taking a break.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get to see what you're doing on the big screen and knowing that over 90,000 people are looking at it and cheering as they watch the home team make a big play.
Pros
Free lunches, making connections, learning something new every day and covering sports that I love to be apart of
Cons
The temperature during the afternoon games
Good company
Production (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SD13 March 2017
Great company to work for. good work life balance. Management cares about the people that work there. Good community involvement. Good holiday schedule and PTO allowance.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SD13 February 2017
Working at Dak has been one of the best experiences of my life. We are the global leader in what we do, Im very proud to say I work here and enjoy seeing our product out in the world.
Overall not a bad place to work
Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SD12 February 2017
Good working environment with great coworkers. Occasional option to travel and view some of the spectacular displays that are created here.
Slow paced work
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SD27 December 2016
A typical day was slow moving with a lot of standing around time. To stay busy you had to go looking for things to do. Management made good decisions but were slow to come up with them. Co-workers are very pleasant to work with.
Good place to work while in school
Software QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SD19 December 2016
This is a great job for while you are attending school. They are very flexible on hours and maintain that school comes first. Great to be able to apply skills learned in school to real life scenarios. Also very flexible in moving student employees around to different areas of software development
Pros
Wage bonuses based on grades
fun place to work
Video Board Technician (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SD12 December 2016
had fun with the daily challenges presented in the field.
worked remotely at professional sporting venues, so I cannot speak to the overall culture of the company or the people.

Pros
daily challenges
Cons
stressful
good learning opportunity
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Redwood Falls, MN9 November 2016
Started the day with a group meeting to inform workers what is in store for the day and get every one motivated. When out on the floor you go to the post your assigned to and check over the your work station for proper tools and a clear space to work in.
Pros
do diffrent things not stuck doing the same job all day
Cons
danger of being burned by hot solder
Good Student Job
Student (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SD31 October 2016
Mutually Beneficial to the Company and Students. Daktronics receives decent labor below market rates and students gain valuable experience. Overall a good experience.
Pros
Pay is good for Part time job, Opportunities to learn
Cons
Not busy at times, feel bad wasting time
Good place for freelance. Paid well
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VA11 September 2016
Good place for freelance. Paid well. Work was exciting. We were given free lunch. Co-workers were all very professional.
Friendly place to work with chances for advancement.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SD10 July 2016
Daktronics in Brookings South Dakota is a great place to work because you have a good chance for advancement. The people there are knowledgeable and are willing to help you learn and do your job. The management always provides you with the tools and the knowhow to do your job. The hardest part of the job is working with machines that malfunction. The most enjoyable part is when I help the technicians find defects in the circuit boards that we manufacture. Since I am a technician, but just not a technician at Daktronics I enjoy repairing electronics.
Fun work environment
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SD1 June 2016
Family feeling, tight knit. Good benefits. I enjoyed my time there and made lifelong friends. Good management. Collaborative work atmosphere.
Good place to work with really good co-workers
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN17 May 2016
My main job was creating and joining circuit boards for digital boards like scoreboards, video displays & message displays. I had great co-workers and good management, The most enjoable part of the job was getting to travel and the hardest was working inside large digital boards outside in the summer
Pros
worked with me being a divorced dad and travelling
Cons
Not much room for advancement
One of America's Best Employers
Lean Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SD12 May 2016
Good community and business environment. I think it is a great place to work and provides employees with many opportunities.
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Redwood Falls, MN10 May 2016
Love the people that I work with and the ability to learn and grow within your position. I enjoy the work life/balance and the support to learn new things.
Crew and Supervisor
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Redwood Falls, MN20 January 2016
Daktronics was the first company that provided electronic assembly experience for me. I had the opportunity to learn how to build power boxes, building crates, packaging, zip-tieing electrical wires onto scoreboards, laying out labels, maintaining work orders for each board, test and inspected LED lightings as well. I also operated tools that I have not used before in previous jobs.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
work distance
Flexible hours, great environment
Electrical Lab Tech Student (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SD18 January 2016
Working in the reliability lab at Daktronics was extremely helpful in pursuing my career in electrical engineering. I was able to get hands-on experience in the engineering field. My coworkers were very supportive and enjoyable to work with. The reason I am planning on leaving Daktronics is due to needing different hours during school. It was very difficult for me to balance working and attending school when the only hours I could work were on weekdays. I am currently looking for a job which would allow me to focus on school during the week and my job during the weekend.
Pros
Good environment, flexible hours, great learning experience
Cons
Below average pay, high GPA requirement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Daktronics. Our community is ready to answer.