Daktronics

Daktronics Employee Reviews

One of America's Best Employers
Lean Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDMay 12, 2016
Good community and business environment. I think it is a great place to work and provides employees with many opportunities.
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Redwood Falls, MNMay 10, 2016
Love the people that I work with and the ability to learn and grow within your position. I enjoy the work life/balance and the support to learn new things.
Crew and Supervisor
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Redwood Falls, MNJanuary 20, 2016
Daktronics was the first company that provided electronic assembly experience for me. I had the opportunity to learn how to build power boxes, building crates, packaging, zip-tieing electrical wires onto scoreboards, laying out labels, maintaining work orders for each board, test and inspected LED lightings as well. I also operated tools that I have not used before in previous jobs.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
work distance
Flexible hours, great environment
Electrical Lab Tech Student (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SDJanuary 18, 2016
Working in the reliability lab at Daktronics was extremely helpful in pursuing my career in electrical engineering. I was able to get hands-on experience in the engineering field. My coworkers were very supportive and enjoyable to work with. The reason I am planning on leaving Daktronics is due to needing different hours during school. It was very difficult for me to balance working and attending school when the only hours I could work were on weekdays. I am currently looking for a job which would allow me to focus on school during the week and my job during the weekend.
Pros
Good environment, flexible hours, great learning experience
Cons
Below average pay, high GPA requirement
Exciting electronic business in the middle of the US
Sales and Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDDecember 22, 2015
Everyday is a different chance to learn with Daktronics.

As an Intern you are encouraged to explore as many different jobs in the company as you can / would like.

The day to day management is very relaxed and a fun place to work. As it is the electronics industry there are an incredible amount of jobs under the headquarters. Whether you want to work as an engineer, testing and making the products. There's also the design and marketing side of the industry, which simply creates the art you see on the displays. Maybe the sales industry fits you better. Whatever you would like to do, they have it there.

It is truly an amazing place to work, and the CEO and upper management have tried to make it a relaxed workplace with a very friendly staff. It is not uncommon to see the CEO walking right by you, greeting you. Truly amazing to see in a company today.
Pros
Great place to work, great job security, great company atmosphere
Cons
Brookings isn't exactly the best place to live, not much to do other than work.
Internship
Large Sport Venue Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDNovember 23, 2015
Great internship program with lots of opportunities to experience different facets of the company. Made a lot of connections and good experiences
Daktronics is a great place to work for. Fun environment!
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDNovember 9, 2015
The people are great to work with. Always doing something fun, food days and decorating for holidays or events. Management is always understanding and wonderful.
Recent competitive pay increase
Production Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 3, 2015
Daktronics was always a typical assembly job up until this last year when they rolled over to a new competitive pay environment. Now there are written, achievable goals to reaching a decent pay, and starting pay is great for South Dakota.
Worst company I ever worked for
Final Assembler (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDAugust 15, 2015
By far the worst company I ever worked for. Had college degree but was forced to start in outdoor assembly. Always seemed to get the most physical job duties even though I was older. Applied but was turned down for every entry level job due to inexperience even though I had at least 10 years of experience in any one of those positions. Many coworkers were bullies and supervisors punished you for bringing concerns to their attention. Direct supervisor should have been terminated many times for harassment. Management had virtually no communication skills to relate to the workers. They treated student workers much better than full time experienced employees. HR absolutely horrible and lazy. Do I need to continue? Terrible place to work!
Pros
usually worked 4 10 hour days
Cons
oh so many!
Good place to work. But you work hard.
ACCOUNT SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, South DakotaJuly 30, 2015
Multiple hats. Multiple supervisors. Lots of meetings and sometimes not enough time to get done. The position was rewarding and required and immense amount of technical skill.
Fun workplace and great opportunity
Video crew member (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAJuly 21, 2015
I filmed all Iowa State sporting events such as basketball, football, soccer, softball, gymnastics, volleyball and wrestling. I learned how to keep calm in a fast paced environment and how to create cool new shots for live broadcast.
Fun workplace environment. Great people.
Student Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDJune 5, 2015
Great coworkers that give you a drive to get to work in an excellent, fun environment. Worked with customers from all over the nationand got to be creative, which is something I absolutely love.
Productive and jobs are different eveyday
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2015
A typical day would be getting on a conference call for 8:00, checking my email for my cases for the day. Calling customer to confirm appointment time and going to site to fix issue
Good company work environment and culture
Job Role:Project Engineer in Engineer Department (Former Employee) –  ShanghaiApril 7, 2015
Daktronics is a large LED Video and Audio America based company with a world wide reputation. It provides me good stage to grow up from industry to personal skills.

You will see from the attached resume, I've built my career in a variety of roles in Daktronics. I am a person who works effectively as a team member and work with little supervision. I respond quickly to situations and needs, successfully implementing for product and process improvement with good judgment in difficult situations.

The most enjoyable part is I could cooperate with staff from worldwide and provide excellent service to customer.
slow work enviorment
Electrical Assembler (Former Employee) –  victor nyNovember 18, 2014
I spent my day building power panels and control panels. wired panels to the appropriate machinery and componets. motors, sensors.,
A company that strives to be the market leader in dynamic video displays.
Commercial Sales Intern (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SDNovember 3, 2014
A great place to develop professional skills while satisfying the daily needs of customers
Productive Work Environment
Customer Service Represenative (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDOctober 27, 2014
Had the opportunity to work with a company with an outstanding reputation. Helped me learn how to work in a professional environment with people that are highly motivated to optimize customer satisfaction.
Bad Impression right from the get go....
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 7, 2014
I applied for a position that I was qualified for and got an email telling me that I wasn't being considered. I replied to the HR person and they declined to give me a reason. Glad I found out now how this company operates.
intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 23, 2014
i was an intern in the office in Indianapolis. This was a good job but they do not pay very well
An ordeal disguised as an opportunity.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDJuly 2, 2014
As one of the largest employers in Brookings, Daktronics have a revolving door of fresh employees available every time the university season begins. Their hiring and employee retention reflects this, with long-time employees treated the same as those who have just recently been hired.
My co-workers were an embattled group of veterans, used to being bullied and ignored by the company at large. When I arrived two people were doing the work of four, and even after my arrival the fourth position remained open.
Fear of unemployment drove most people to work as hard as they did, rather than any sense of loyalty or duty to the company. Wages were static and disconnected with the difficulty of work performed.
In short, I hope I am never forced to work there again.
Pros
plethora of different positions available
Cons
low pay, harsh expectations