Daktronics

Daktronics Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to work. But you work hard.
ACCOUNT SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, South DakotaJuly 30, 2015
Multiple hats. Multiple supervisors. Lots of meetings and sometimes not enough time to get done. The position was rewarding and required and immense amount of technical skill.
Fun workplace and great opportunity
Video crew member (Former Employee), Ames, IAJuly 21, 2015
I filmed all Iowa State sporting events such as basketball, football, soccer, softball, gymnastics, volleyball and wrestling. I learned how to keep calm in a fast paced environment and how to create cool new shots for live broadcast.
Fun workplace environment. Great people.
Student Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Brookings, SDJune 5, 2015
Great coworkers that give you a drive to get to work in an excellent, fun environment. Worked with customers from all over the nationand got to be creative, which is something I absolutely love.
Productive and jobs are different eveyday
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 21, 2015
A typical day would be getting on a conference call for 8:00, checking my email for my cases for the day. Calling customer to confirm appointment time and going to site to fix issue
Good company work environment and culture
Job Role:Project Engineer in Engineer Department (Former Employee), ShanghaiApril 7, 2015
Daktronics is a large LED Video and Audio America based company with a world wide reputation. It provides me good stage to grow up from industry to personal skills.

You will see from the attached resume, I've built my career in a variety of roles in Daktronics. I am a person who works effectively as a team member and work with little supervision. I respond quickly to situations and needs, successfully implementing for product and process improvement with good judgment in difficult situations.

The most enjoyable part is I could cooperate with staff from worldwide and provide excellent service to customer.
slow work enviorment
Electrical Assembler (Former Employee), victor nyNovember 18, 2014
I spent my day building power panels and control panels. wired panels to the appropriate machinery and componets. motors, sensors.,
A company that strives to be the market leader in dynamic video displays.
Commercial Sales Intern (Current Employee), Brookings, SDNovember 3, 2014
A great place to develop professional skills while satisfying the daily needs of customers
Productive Work Environment
Customer Service Represenative (Former Employee), Brookings, SDOctober 27, 2014
Had the opportunity to work with a company with an outstanding reputation. Helped me learn how to work in a professional environment with people that are highly motivated to optimize customer satisfaction.
Bad Impression right from the get go....
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 7, 2014
I applied for a position that I was qualified for and got an email telling me that I wasn't being considered. I replied to the HR person and they declined to give me a reason. Glad I found out now how this company operates.
intern
Intern (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 23, 2014
i was an intern in the office in Indianapolis. This was a good job but they do not pay very well
An ordeal disguised as an opportunity.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Brookings, SDJuly 2, 2014
Pros: plethora of different positions available
Cons: low pay, harsh expectations
As one of the largest employers in Brookings, Daktronics have a revolving door of fresh employees available every time the university season begins. Their hiring and employee retention reflects this, with long-time employees treated the same as those who have just recently been hired.
My co-workers were an embattled group of veterans, used to being bullied and ignored by the company at large. When I arrived two people were doing the work of four, and even after my arrival the fourth position remained open.
Fear of unemployment drove most people to work as hard as they did, rather than any sense of loyalty or duty to the company. Wages were static and disconnected with the difficulty of work performed.
In short, I hope I am never forced to work there again.
The Engineering team works well together.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Brookings SD 57006April 30, 2014
Pros: the hours and pay fits my needs.
Cons: no scheduled breaks. too busy to take breaks.
I work as the Administrative Assitant for the Engineering office. I handle all the data entry and documentation. I am the owner of our sharepoint site meaning anytime a document needs to be edited or uploaded to the site I am the one to do so. If another employee meets the requirements, I can grant them access to edit the website themself. I have learned a lot about time management, and all Microsoft programs. I do not like sitting on a computer tucked away in a corner all day. But I really enjoy seeing the final product of what we produce. Its rewarding to see all of the hard work I do pay off in the end.
Great work environment and Potential Job Advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brookings, SDMarch 5, 2014
Pros: great colleagues, student positions have potential oppoortunities after graduation, great management
Cons: short breaks, school grades can lead to termination
- Answer phone calls from Daktronics's customers to assist them with:
(1) Resetting software (2) Purchasing / renewing software (3) Update company names, addresses, and phone numbers as needed (4) Schedule appointment(s) with software technicians to site (5) Connecting customers to software technicians and/or correct departments

-Email technicians and/or customers about accounts, issues with software or sign, etc.

The management and atmosphere overall was great. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with unruly customers over the phone. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to speak to people from all over the country and the world whom use the Daktronics products.
Good company considering management
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee), Brookings, SDSeptember 27, 2013
Cons: low range of pay
Overall liked working there, few opportunities for advancement
not enough hours
Intern Level (Former Employee), san antonioAugust 27, 2013
Pros: travel all around the city
Cons: n/a
they promise hours and benefits not what I excepted out this company. Training is horrible and excepted to learn everything all in one day
Strongly driven goal oriented company, yet laid back and easygoing
Manufacturing Engineer Student (Current Employee), Brookings, SDJuly 10, 2013
Pros: flexible with work schedule during school
Work with a team of engineers
Learned communication skills
Easily able to work with co-workers
Work with process improvements for New Product Development
Design tooling
Implement Safety Guarding
Lean
Great place for a student
Control Systems Designer (Student) (Former Employee), Brookings, SDJanuary 23, 2013
I worked at Daktronics as a student and it gave me a lot of valuable experience. I
Good place to start your career..
Buyer/Planner (Current Employee), Brookings, SDDecember 19, 2012
It is a good place to start your career but it has many problems.
Electronic Technician (Former Employee), Brookings SDNovember 20, 2012
Worked on PCBS
Troubleshooted non-working PCBs
Great coworkers
Excellent Company
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Brookings, SDNovember 11, 2012
I worked here while in college. The pay was the only negative. Other than that I worked with a lot of great people and was given the opportunity to work in the field I was studying. I felt like my opinions were heard and that I was a valued part of the team.
Headquarters