DAKO Employee Reviews

Fun coworkers with good amount of self-directed projects
Process Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Carpinteria, CA10 October 2016
I really enjoy this position largely due to a really close-knit team with an amazing manager.

The best part of working here is that there is no "typical" day at work. On any given day I work on writing validation protocols, executing these protocols in the laboratory, collecting feasibility data, performing statistical analysis on collected data, and/or working inter-departmentally to ensure that my projects can be completed in time and with the appropriate resources.

My personal manager is the best manager that an employee could ever have. Outside of my manager, the management is 50/50. I can safely say that there are groups I would never work in due to poor management.

My co-workers are also my favorite part of the job. Everyone is very friendly and sociable.

The hardest part of the job is having to compete with the production schedule to try and complete projects that are not specifically geared towards speeding up production (namely, validation projects).
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Not high enough pay, occasional layoffs
Working in Warranty
WARRANTY/SHIPPING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MI20 July 2013
I worked for Dako for a few years and they were known as a Temp agency however I worked for them for 6yrs so not sure how temporary that was. I enjoyed working for DAKO/ VWOA but there was no benefits and no health insurance. I made good money towards the end but the job was never guaranteed and that made a lot of the employees a bit edgy. I learned a lot and had a really good relationship with my boss. He taught me a lot about shipping and receiving and warehouse organizational skills.
Pros
Learned alot about Shipping, Warehouse managing, and Receiving
Cons
Job was not very stable, No insurance, and no benefits.
Friendly and concerned employer
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN19 April 2016
Working as a contractor through DaKo was an excellent experience. Their staff were always available for information and questions.
Pros
worker friendly
Cons
rare long term positions
Management is approachable
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VA14 April 2016
A typical is being busy.

I learned about the travel industry.

A casual work environment.

Co-worker was helpful.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with different department.
Merger in process so directives were not always clear
Field Service Engineer Designing Labs (Former Employee) –  MA to PA13 January 2015
I loved this position. Again, I scheduled my own visits and was held responsible for results based upon customer feedback. A merger ended this position.
Pros
Flexibility of working from home and scheduling work per customer requirements.
Cons
During the merger the "vision" became cloudy and directive were never clear cut.
Not much to say
Manager (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MI4 September 2012
DAKO is a specialty staffing company. They provide technically-skilled workers to a number of automotive manufacturing companies. Experienced very little interaction with DAKO staff; however, my paycheck and expenses were handled in a timely and efficient fashion. They do what they do very effectively.
Pros
efficient, effective and timely.
Cons
you're a contractor; positions feel very temporary.
I wish to back to dako
Manufacturing Technician /packaging lead (Former Employee) –  6392 via real carpinteria ca 9301323 October 2013
I learned a lot. I lerned how solven problen with co-workers
I work overtime,
Pros
this company I growup a lot
Cons
I like this company
Was a great place to work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CO8 May 2012
Supportive environment. Great people. Everyone worked hard and had fun doing it. It was a earning environment and everyone helped one another.
They placed me and provided a pay check
Sales & Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MI10 February 2014
Worked on an account and didn't get anything out of the company
An inspiring place to work
Corporate Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carpinteria, CA10 July 2013
A very busy, fast paced environment. Surrounded by very knowledgable individuals.
Менеджер мобильной бригады (Former Employee) –  Санкт-Петербург31 October 2016
Не доплаты з.п. Много начальников на одного человека. Плохая организованность компании в целом.
BOA
MONTADORA (Former Employee) –  Campinas, SP30 June 2013
BEM TABALHEI ANOS GOSTAVA MUITO DE TRABALHAR NESSA EMPRESA POIS SOU APOSENTADA ELE TODOS ANO FAZ ALMOÇO AOS EX FUNCIONARIOS APOSENTADOS ISSO É UMA MANEIRA DE VALORIZAR S APOSENTADOS QUE TANTOS FIZERAM PELA EMPRESA FAZEM SORETEIOS DE FOGÕES TEMOS UMA LEMBRANÇAS
AOS FUNCIONARIOS ATIVOS TEM CESTA BASICA SÓ TENHO ELOGIA ESSA EMPRESSA
Pros
BOM
Cons
FALTA DE BANHEIRISTA PARA TANTA GENTE NA LINHA PRODUÇÃO

2.6