JOB TITLE: Quality Assurance Technician
DEPARTMENT: Quality Assurance
REPORTING TO: Quality Assurance Manager
EMPLOYEMENT TYPE: Contract (1 year -Maternity Leave)
The QA Technician is responsible to responsible for ensuring that HACCP and Quality Assurance programs are maintained.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the implementation of the HACCP plan and prerequisites program and adheres to quality programs and standards.
- Proactively maintains a safe working environment focused on prevention and ensuring continued compliance with HACCP Plan.
- Responsible for conducting the microbial testing for raw materials, finish products, and environmental testing.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of QA documents.
- Maintain clean and sanitary microbiology laboratory.
- Perform good laboratory practice of microbiology testing and sampling.
- Perform sanitation pre-operational checks and immediate corrective action.
- Perform on-site hourly checks of metal detector
- Perform calibration of laboratory thermometer, pipet, scales
- Perform on-site in-line leakers check, oxygen checks, finish product evaluation
- Daily, verify Production process records and follow up with Operators.
- Ability to handle food safety crisis, issue work order for deviation, and follow up corrective action prior to release of equipment.
- Maintain complete inventory record of hold and release program.
- Assists HACCP Coordinator in employees training.
- Establish reports and trends of Sanitation audit, GMP audit
- Conduct Onsite verification of cooking temperatures.
- Ensure high GMP standards through daily plant GMP audits, communicate deficiencies to HACCP Coordinator.
- Review SOPs as per SOP management program.
- Manage Non-conformance Records (NCR) by issuing NCR and corrective actions.
- Assists in handling customer complaints and recall.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Graduation with a bachelor degree from a recognized university or college with specialization in Food Science or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
At least 1 year experience in food manufacturing
Authoritative knowledge of SOPs, GMPs and GMPs applicable to Quality & Compliance and Production.
Education: Post Secondary education in Food Sciences or equivalent.
HACCP/ Food safety training
Excellent communication skills, showing high level of professionalism in written and verbal communications.
Organized and attention to details
Persistence and confidence to ensure issues are resolved.
Must have good computer skills-minimum working with spreadsheets and Word documents.
Working knowledge of HACCP, Prerequisites and GMP.
Ability to train others.
Working knowledge of good
Rotating Shifts (Early morning, mid-morning and night)
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications including Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.
- Strong leadership skills
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Ability to prioritize under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Able to deal tactfully and efficiently with all enquiries
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
Closing Date: March 31, 2014