Dairy Queen Employee Reviews in Canada

Milieu de travail petit mais efficace.
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 26, 2015
Collegue sympathique. La partie la plus difficile du travail est lors de la fermeture lorsque nous devons ramasser. La partie la plus amusante est lorsque nous devons servir la creme glacé au client.
Pros
Crème Glacé gratuite
Cons
Le fait que ca ferme a 00h00 meme lorsqu'il y a peut de client
Exhausting
Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 28, 2016
Working is kinda underpaid, its exhausting but somehow a little bit fun. So, it really requires a lot of energy, and require a lot of time.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ONSeptember 27, 2015
I enjoyed working here for the years I did. The hours were steady and stable, the management was reasonable and they ran the business efficiently. I would recommend any student to take a part-time job here to gain work experience to understand what it means to work in customer service.
Very fun staff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  High River, ABFebruary 11, 2016
Took orders, worked in the drive thru, made any ice cream treats, washed dishes, and cleaned restaurant. Has an amazing staff that made working fun!
Fun Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ONNovember 10, 2015
I loved all of my co-workers, they were awesome. I would usually show up for work and already know prior to where i was working (chill, cash, or drive thru). I would punch in and get straight to work.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
no discounts while not working
not very satisfactory
staff (Former Employee) –  truesdale Regina, SKNovember 10, 2015
politics at work makes the staff work very uncomfortable. staff meeting rarely happened thats why some concerns wont be able to tackle. Short staffed and no actions done.
Pros
free meals for full time staff
Cons
not enough hours
First Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONNovember 5, 2015
As my first job, it was a milestone that I crossed. Meeting different characters in a daily basis. Relating to each customers by understanding their tastes. This job educated me of the basic foundation of sales.
Pros
Sales experiance
Cons
Salary
The environment was fun, though sometimes stressful.
Cashier/Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AlbertaSeptember 4, 2015
A regular day working for me was first setting up the broiler and deep fryers, if I ever had a problem the management would make sure to help me learn until I got it right. I would then bake most of the food for the customers during my shift, with the occasional help from my supervisors. If I worked until closing, I would clean and put away all of the cooking supplies. My co-workers were always fun to be around, and even though there was some tension and animosity between some of us at first, we were able to see past it and cooperate. The hardest part about working at Dairy Queen was the combination of the busy rush hour and the lack of employees, as our location had no more than six people working at a time. However, the relationships I built with the people I worked with and the experience I gained would definitely had made working there a plus.
Productive and fun to work with my co workers
fast-food service attendant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 21, 2015
This job provided a two week training session which helped me memorize the recipes and be fast on my feet. Also, this job had a friendly environment.
productive and fun to be part of Dairy Queen company
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Estevan, SKDecember 20, 2015
So far my experience of working in Dairy Queen is the best, Good and thoughtful employer and friendly and dedicated co-workers.
Management was friendly and easy to talk to, but the supervisors were lazy and rude.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Smithers, BCAugust 6, 2015
If the supervisors were more on the ball with their jobs, and kinda to those they worked with, it would have made working more enjoyable. Sometimes we were short staffed and that made for hectic times when rushes came in. Management was really friendly and understanding though.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
End up covered in ice cream, get cold hands
Fun work place
Cashier/Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 11, 2016
A typical day at DQ started with opening the store cleaning, preparing toppings for the day and food. I learned how to be fast on my feet especially on miracle treat day. You have to be able to deal with customers on a daily basis of all ages. I learnt a lot about products as you had to deal with customers who have never been to the store or ordered a cake. The management was fun but they have a strong value in you must work and talk. Show them that you want to be there. The hardest part of my job was dealing with angry customers. Some people there is honestly no pleasing no matter how hard you try. You just have to keep your chin up and know that no matter what if you have tried every thing to please them than at least you did your best. I loved meeting new people or meeting the regulars the first time. I love to interact with people and listen to them and some of them shared a lot of stories of their life. I liked dealing with the many kids sports teams that would come in. I also loved working miracle treat day even if it got crazy. It was great training firefighters and making friends with them. I loved giving back to the hospital and how much the community wanted to help.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
on your feet a lot
Good Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ONDecember 19, 2015
Loved working here, The owner was easy to deal with would recommend this place to anyone. I would love to be able to manage a Dairy Queen.
It was a good experience.
cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough,ONNovember 29, 2015
We worked hard, and definitely earned our money. Some things could be different, like breaks and a little bit more pay. Overall had fun and enjoyed the experience.
Lots of experience.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCJuly 28, 2015
Working here was great, it gave me the chances I needed to improve and move up in the company. I learned many skills including how to better communicate with customers, as well as co workers. I learned time management, as well as I learned how to work under stressful situations. Seeing as I was a supervisor I did have a lot of responsibilities such as handling cash, and managing my co workers.
great workplace
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONDecember 3, 2015
excellent co workers and management great place to work, owners are fantastic people very reasonable with their employees
Pros
great hours
Cons
slow winters
Gain experience working with different staff and customer
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 27, 2015
Working at Dairy Queen has taught me to deal with different customers and needs.
Working with different people ,different ages and learn how to deal with co-workers.
Able to know each co-worker, customer and know what they like at Dairy Queen.
Pros
free pops
Cons
long line ups
Fast-paced, positive environment that focuses on teamwork
SHIFT LEADER (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, ONAugust 5, 2015
Working at Dairy Queen has been a very good experience. The employees are trained to be positive and upbeat, and the customers respond with positive attitudes in return. Although it is an environment that focuses on teamwork, employees are still individually recognized for hard work and effort. A typical day involves serving customers ice cream and food as well as cleaning and organizing the store. I developed both teamwork and leadership skills as a Shift Leader and had the opportunity to enrich my customer service experience. .The hardest part of the job can be that it is a very high-stress environment with lots of people to manage. However, I do enjoy the hustle and rush of a busy day despite how hectic it can seem at times and enjoy taking charge in those moments.
Pros
50% off of food
Cons
Busiest on the weekends
Very high energy
Cashier, Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONOctober 26, 2015
Great atmosphere, Good training and mentoring. Fun and supportive management. Always had great colleagues to work with. Over all great work environment.
Pros
work environment
Cons
Messy job.
productive workplace
Cashier/Service Crew (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 19, 2015
typical day at work is serving the customers such as foods and ice cream and giving the best that I can. I learned to deal with the customer's complaint calmly and talk to them with full respect.
My co-workers is hardworking and very helpful to each other
Pros
fun working there
Cons
short hours