Dairy Queen Employee Reviews in Canada

Good
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 25, 2016
Great company, very friendly and fast paced environment. The management is nice and caring. Close to come and convenient location.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ONSeptember 27, 2015
I enjoyed working here for the years I did. The hours were steady and stable, the management was reasonable and they ran the business efficiently. I would recommend any student to take a part-time job here to gain work experience to understand what it means to work in customer service.
Exhausting
Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 28, 2016
Working is kinda underpaid, its exhausting but somehow a little bit fun. So, it really requires a lot of energy, and require a lot of time.
Fast paced and driven
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONApril 16, 2016
My review would be that although Dairy Queen is a very busy place, they take pride in their work, and are very driven during each shift.
a fun part-time job
Kitchen crew (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 20, 2016
overall it was a fun experience working in DQ, but it's lacking of longer term development. That is also a reason I want another job as a young person.
Was not a nice place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 11, 2016
The company was hard to work for because of the disrespcet from the employer and other employees. But overall I learn how to communicate nicely with customers and I learned how to cope with disrespect in a positive way.
fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tantallon, NSFebruary 13, 2016
very unorganized, schedules always changing. Great people to work with, always outgoing and laughter. most enjoyable part is dealing with customers, hardest part is getting time off.
Cons
no hours
Interesting work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 29, 2016
working at Dairy Queen was okay for its experience. I've learned how to work well with others and improve on my communication skills
Pros
Discounts
Cons
not that many shifts at all
Life as an employer at Dairy Queen
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 24, 2015
Typical hours ranging from 5-10.
Improved customer service skills dealing with a variety of customers.
Managers were great, very flexible with hours.
Co-workers performed well as a team no complaints.
Hardest part of the job was finding more things to do on a slow day.
Most enjoyable part of the job was being in a good environment with an excellent team. So, that everything moved smoothly.
Pros
Free Ice Cream
Cons
Nothing really
Good work environment
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 4, 2016
As a Shift Leader at Dairy Queen, the main duty and responsibility is to provide customers the highest form of customer service satisfaction which may include but not limited to taking and receiving orders, processing payments, giving the exact change and above all, responding appropriately to whatever the customer needs.
Dairy Queen Cashier / Team Member Job Description
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSOctober 15, 2015
As a Team Member at Dairy Queen, the main duty and responsibility is to provide customers the highest form of customer service satisfaction which may include but not limited to taking and receiving orders, processing payments, giving the exact change and above all, responding appropriately to whatever the customer needs. Team Members at Dairy Queen also need to prepare the products on the menu list based on the company’s service philosophy. They must also follow the standards when it comes to maintaining the safety and cleanliness of the work environment at all times.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
short hours
Fast paced and fun environment.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Stony Plain, ABMarch 22, 2016
A day at Dairy Queen involved preparing food and drinks for customers, taking customers orders, talking to customers, and cleaning up.
Customer service occupation
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCMarch 9, 2016
I learned how to use a point of sales system as well as handle cash. . This job provided very good and fair training as well as a reliable income.
work versus life
Food counter attendant (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BCMarch 10, 2015
working days was fine and pleasing to work, just like any other jobs, tiring. i learn a lot by working in Dairy Queen, improving my multi-tasking skills and sense, food handling, costumer relationship and more. About the management, i can say that the management is not well oriented, sometimes people do not understand each other because of how the management works in the store, some are like to do things on their own way even thou it is not approved by the higher management, they do things accordingly by their own standards not by the store's standards. The people i work with are fine and fun the be with while working, but we can't avoid working to people that we can't get along while working. For me the hardest part of the job but fun is when the times like the higher management or the owner of the store comes in and suddenly ask the others to come inside the office and suddenly they having a meeting and i'm working in all 4 working station in the store by my self. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is when i work and make the people who comes in and i make them laugh and smile.
Pros
50% discount
kitchen cook
Kitchen Cook (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PEFebruary 29, 2016
I was full time worker at DQ Charlottetown , I did grill the burgers, deep fry French fries prepare meals quickly for customers
Pros
burgers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONSeptember 26, 2015
Fun place to work. Great Staff!!! As being a part of the Management Team when we worked together boy did our team rock!!! Way to go DQ keep on rocking on!
Warm greetings to the customers ,upbeat style in customer service and work as a team in the company.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCJanuary 18, 2016
Warm greetings to the customers,upbeat style in custumer service and work as a team in the company.Offerring the deals and coupons as additional order.
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 1, 2016
Clean
learned all the basics of using a cash register and cash handling
hardest part was mopping because the store was very large
very caring staff
enjoyed the good memories made there
Management was friendly and easy to talk to, but the supervisors were lazy and rude.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Smithers, BCAugust 6, 2015
If the supervisors were more on the ball with their jobs, and kinda to those they worked with, it would have made working more enjoyable. Sometimes we were short staffed and that made for hectic times when rushes came in. Management was really friendly and understanding though.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
End up covered in ice cream, get cold hands
Very fun staff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  High River, ABFebruary 11, 2016
Took orders, worked in the drive thru, made any ice cream treats, washed dishes, and cleaned restaurant. Has an amazing staff that made working fun!