Dairy Queen Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Fun
Supervisor (Former Employee), Moncton, NBOctober 5, 2015
At this job I was able to learn how to communicate and work with people on a regular basis. Some of my duties at this job were serving customers,supervising staff and cake decorating. Co-workers were the absolute nicest. Everyone seemed to get a long. The hardest part of this job was probably the cake decorating. Took a while to get it right. The most enjoyable part of this job was the people I got to interact with and meet throughout the years working here.
productive and happy atmosphere at work
Cashier (Current Employee), airdrie, ABOctober 1, 2015
Pros: 50% off food and free drinks
Cons: long hours
Dairy queen is a fun place to work. a typical work day would be you taking orders, helping customers, taking food out. tha hardest part of the job is the cleaning aspect beaucause you have to clean walls and floors and windows and doors and everything else.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Collingwood, ONSeptember 27, 2015
I enjoyed working here for the years I did. The hours were steady and stable, the management was reasonable and they ran the business efficiently. I would recommend any student to take a part-time job here to gain work experience to understand what it means to work in customer service.
Manager (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONSeptember 26, 2015
Fun place to work. Great Staff!!! As being a part of the Management Team when we worked together boy did our team rock!!! Way to go DQ keep on rocking on!
Milieu de travail petit mais efficace.
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 26, 2015
Pros: Crème Glacé gratuite
Cons: Le fait que ca ferme a 00h00 meme lorsqu'il y a peut de client
Collegue sympathique. La partie la plus difficile du travail est lors de la fermeture lorsque nous devons ramasser. La partie la plus amusante est lorsque nous devons servir la creme glacé au client.
A wonderful place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONSeptember 19, 2015
Pros: kind staff
Cons: booking hours off could be a challenge
I loved my job at Dairy Queen Lorne street in Sudbury. The management team is exceptional, the staff are kind and welcoming and the work place was always clean and organized. I was forced to leave when I moved but had I stayed in the area I would most likely still be working there today. Overall I had a wonderful experience and would recommend it to anyone looking for a part-time or full-time job.
Busy Workplace
Front Staff (Current Employee), Lloydminster, ABSeptember 17, 2015
Pros: free drinks
Cons: short hours
Busy at summer and slow at winter but overall it is a fun workplace. I learned a lot about keeping the place neat and tidy. my co-workers are fun to work with but not all of them are. the hardest part of the job is when i work til closing because it is very tiring compared to an 8 hour shift in the morning. the most enjoyable part of my job is when i learn how to make something for a customer and provide them the best service i could to satisfy their needs.
Always something to do
Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 16, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Short hours
The job had awesome people and a lot of things to do. If the store was busy or not you were getting work done. A small environment of space but lots of co workers.
love this place nice staff and management
Cook/Prep (Current Employee), Devon, ABSeptember 15, 2015
Pros: great staff, and management
Cons: not enough hours
I like this place to work nice staff and management and great benefits the most enjoyable part is to cook for the customers
The environment was fun, though sometimes stressful.
Cashier/Fry Cook (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, AlbertaSeptember 4, 2015
A regular day working for me was first setting up the broiler and deep fryers, if I ever had a problem the management would make sure to help me learn until I got it right. I would then bake most of the food for the customers during my shift, with the occasional help from my supervisors. If I worked until closing, I would clean and put away all of the cooking supplies. My co-workers were always fun to be around, and even though there was some tension and animosity between some of us at first, we were able to see past it and cooperate. The hardest part about working at Dairy Queen was the combination of the busy rush hour and the lack of employees, as our location had no more than six people working at a time. However, the relationships I built with the people I worked with and the experience I gained would definitely had made working there a plus.
Gain experience working with different staff and customer
Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 27, 2015
Pros: free pops
Cons: long line ups
Working at Dairy Queen has taught me to deal with different customers and needs.
Working with different people ,different ages and learn how to deal with co-workers.
Able to know each co-worker, customer and know what they like at Dairy Queen.
boring
Cashier/ Drive thru (Former Employee), Rosetown, SKAugust 24, 2015
the job was boring really no room for promotion no room for much of anything the back area where food and drinks were made is so fricking small
productive workplace
Cashier/Service Crew (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 19, 2015
Pros: fun working there
Cons: short hours
typical day at work is serving the customers such as foods and ice cream and giving the best that I can. I learned to deal with the customer's complaint calmly and talk to them with full respect.
My co-workers is hardworking and very helpful to each other
Management was friendly and easy to talk to, but the supervisors were lazy and rude.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Smithers, BCAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Free drinks
Cons: End up covered in ice cream, get cold hands
If the supervisors were more on the ball with their jobs, and kinda to those they worked with, it would have made working more enjoyable. Sometimes we were short staffed and that made for hectic times when rushes came in. Management was really friendly and understanding though.
Fast-paced, positive environment that focuses on teamwork
SHIFT LEADER (Current Employee), Lancaster, ONAugust 5, 2015
Pros: 50% off of food
Cons: Busiest on the weekends
Working at Dairy Queen has been a very good experience. The employees are trained to be positive and upbeat, and the customers respond with positive attitudes in return. Although it is an environment that focuses on teamwork, employees are still individually recognized for hard work and effort. A typical day involves serving customers ice cream and food as well as cleaning and organizing the store. I developed both teamwork and leadership skills as a Shift Leader and had the opportunity to enrich my customer service experience. .The hardest part of the job can be that it is a very high-stress environment with lots of people to manage. However, I do enjoy the hustle and rush of a busy day despite how hectic it can seem at times and enjoy taking charge in those moments.
Lots of experience.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCJuly 28, 2015
Working here was great, it gave me the chances I needed to improve and move up in the company. I learned many skills including how to better communicate with customers, as well as co workers. I learned time management, as well as I learned how to work under stressful situations. Seeing as I was a supervisor I did have a lot of responsibilities such as handling cash, and managing my co workers.
productive work place
cashier (Former Employee), edmonton abJuly 27, 2015
the people were grate loved working here.Had a great experience lots of happy people the managers were so helpful and friendly.
Messy
Cashier (Former Employee), Camrose, ABJuly 22, 2015
Pros: somewhat free food
Cons: messy
This job was very messy from what I can remember. Yea we got food and I guess a good wage, but it all wasn't that organized. Foreign people took over more than half of the workers there so it got very frustrating on how to understand what they wanted,
Good Job that does not offer what i need at this stage of my life.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONJuly 20, 2015
Pros: love the people I work with
Cons: not enough hours, too many days, not enough of a balance between work and home.
A typical day consists of serving customers, doing cleaning jobs, making product to sell. I also do the order twice a week and inventory at months end. I would also do some grill work if need be. I have learned a great deal from this company. I ran the store for 2 years doing everything from scheduling, making sure store was up to health and safety regulations to hiring and firing of staff. The management/owner is difficult at times and changes his mind constantly about what he wants and how he wants it done thus confusing me and the employees and how to proceed with certain things.My co-workers quite hionestly are the main and most often the only reason i am still there. Most of them are personal friends of mine and they work well for me and respect me as thier manager. The hardest part of my job is the fact I am on my feet all day, I have to work 6 days a week for the most part and still do not get 40 hours a week. We are open year round but because of the business we are in the winter months are slow and hours get worse. The most enjoyable part of my job is the fact I am comfortable with the knowledge and know what i am doing and i think i do it well, also i love going into work to see my fellow co-workers, but honestly i do not enjoy it as much as i used to and things are changing and for me i need more. I am approaching 50 and i want a full-time position 5 days a week that balances my work with family time, especially at this stage in my life that balance is important. I am not getting that now and i feel like i live at my place of business and less at home. I believe i – more... have learned enough and have the skills that would benifit any company who is willing to hire me and train me. I am loyal and eager to start the next chapter in my life. – less
Managing the store
Manager (Current Employee), WaterlooJuly 17, 2015
Pros: the staff
Cons: seasonal work
making sure store is up to health and safety codes i would endorse if it was not a seasonal position .The most enjoyable part of my job is the customers and staff.