Dairy Queen

Dairy Queen Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast faced environment
Supervisor (Former Employee), Grand Forks, BCJune 9, 2013
Pros: my bosses were wonderful people
Enjoyed keeping everything in a organized manner during busy hours an really enjoyed working with the public
Great Summer Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 6, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with amazing customers. I learned to mutli task and sty calm under pressure
wasnt very good
Cashier (Former Employee), riverview NBMay 30, 2013
it was great when i had been working alot then i end up taking other shifts for people which was great, but then the superviosers were they only problem they made it seem like you dont do anything there yet you are wasnt my favorite place to work and i wouldnt plan on going back.
Productive and fast paced work
Cashier, Drive-Thru, Chill, Janitorial (Former Employee), Chestermere, ABMay 30, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: not enough hours
I learned how to make the ice cream treats such as dilly bars, buster bars, ice cream sandwiches, blizzards, etc. I cleaned the restaurant such as sweeping and mopping floors/bathrooms, cleaning windows and dining area. The management was good, easy to talk to them and get help from. The co-workers I worked with were fun to be around and easy to talk – more... to, you could make friends there easily. There wasn't really a moment when it got hard, but when we were busy working during our lunch rush we had to be fast paced. My most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know people and talking to the costumers, and cleaning also gave you that peace of mind at work. – less
Fun but serious workplace
Full time (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 26, 2013
Pros: being so close to co-workers
Cons: hours would go by slowly
It was overall a very enjoyable workplace. We were like a family at dairy queen, we always had fun as we were working and became very close with eachother and new co-workers.
Friendly staff and a fun work environment
Head Cook/Kitchen Manager (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKMay 24, 2013
The same tasks every shift. I learned some craftsmanship by doing extra projects with one of the managers. One of the two managers creates a positive work place. I love my co-workers. The hardest part about the job is doing the same thing every single day. The most enjoyable part of the job is the working with genuinely nice and funny people.
Fun place, fun people
CASHIER (Former Employee), Digby, NSMay 21, 2013
Pros: discounts on food
Cons: can get busy
Guidance, the supervisors and other employees help you out. Employees and managers and supervisors are friendly and nice. Easy to book time off. Respect.
fun, upbeat place with lots of great people and friendly atmosphere
Cashier/ice cream maker (Current Employee), Port Hawkesbury, NSMay 17, 2013
A typical day at work consists of making a variety of ice creams, taking orders, handing out food orders, cleaning tables and floors.
In this job I learned how to work with people and deal with a situation when it came my way.
Management was understanding and friendly.
Together, my co-workers and I were like a big family.
The most enjoyable part of – more... the job would be working with such great people and making all the different kinds of ice cream treats. – less
nice place
cook (Former Employee), Alexandria, ONMay 14, 2013
quite i feel that the people were intimidated my be or my race
first job
Cashier (Former Employee), ottawa, ONMay 4, 2013
Pros: na
Cons: two shifts a week and only 4 hours
first job didnt like working there only two shifts a week only 4 hour each shift and were not able to pick up more shifts
Amazing co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 12, 2013
Start off the shift with a good clean and then begin to prepare all products. I've learned how to connect with the customers and provide what they want, always putting them first. Hardest part is the long constant hours in the summer but the management and co-workers are always there to lend a helping hand.
cooking, cleaning, good friends, nice managers/ supervisors.
Cook (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 1, 2013
Pros: half off on food, flexible hours, very nice staff, close to home.
Cons: greasy, unhealthy food, owner was very strict when he was around.
Dairy Queen was a fun place to work at only because i was young and cooking processed food was extremely easy and alot of my friends worked at the same location so i never had to worry about making new friends.
Fun worklace enviroment with plenty of advancement
Supervisor (Former Employee), Peace River ABMarch 23, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: a lot of customers to deal with
I worked as a supervisor and dealt with the customers that had any problems with our service. I learned that an expectation is set out for you with the level of competency assumed of you. I managed the shifts and closed the tills at the end of the night. The hardest part of the job was customer service. The most enjoyable part of the job was running – more... the shifts – less
Ok first job
Cake decorator, cashier (Former Employee), Sudbury, ONMarch 19, 2013
Pros: 50% off food on breaks, good hours in summer
Cons: too much work for so little pay, owner was mean
Ok place to work. Hard part was the summer rush and always trying to make to owner happy but she was crazy. Doing so much work and not getting recognized or appreciated for it.
productive and fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Alexandria, ONMarch 11, 2013
Loved the people i worked with, and the good clients who were patient. i didnt get enough hours and my manager was irresponsible and didnt do his job properly. therefor he is fired. and their is a new manager over taking his position. would work their again. liked the fast paste environment. trained several employees their. was fun. good deals and 50 – more... percent off food. – less
This was my first job
Cashier (Former Employee), Spruce Grove, ABMarch 9, 2013
Pros: free pop
Cons: cement floors
I remember my first day, they teach you how to make their signature ice cream cone. It was easy, once you go the hang of. I had some struggles, being my first job and all. Though, they were really patient and also willing to help. Alot of standing and alot of cleaning, but that fine. Every job does that.
Productive and fun work place
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Edson, AlbertaMarch 7, 2013
Working weekends and some evening shifts. Prepared treats and food. Gave excellent customer service. Opened and closed the store. Working front till and drive-through. Management and co-workers were great to work with.
Love Making Ice Creams
Service Crew (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 7, 2013
I love Blizzard!

DQ Ice Cream! :)

Love working with my Co-workers
The best first job
Cashier (Former Employee), Tsawwassen, BCMarch 3, 2013
Working at Dairy Queen was the first job that I ever had, and it certainly taught me a lot. I learned very quickly how to multi-task and make friends, as well as the skills needed for good customer service. Due to the fact that it was a fairly fast paced environment most of the time, I learned how to pick up on things quickly and to self delegate. After – more... working there for a while, I also began to gain more responsibility, such as helping my manager train new employees, and training them one on one when the manager wasn't there. It was definitely a great learning experience! – less
Great starter job and flexible.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: double booking shifts
Dairy Queen is a great starter job, they hire a lot of high school students to give them a chance in the working world. I worked at least 40 hours a week split between 2 different locations. At this job I learned many key skills such as customer service, working with others, how to deal with conflicts at work and many others. The hardest part of the – more... job would be working with so many high school students, there tended to be shifts with almost only students of that age group. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to make friends from the workplace. – less

About Dairy Queen

Dairy Queen, often abbreviated DQ, is a chain of soft serve and fast food restaurants owned by International Dairy Queen, Inc, – Read more