Dairy Queen Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 July 2016
It was one of the best jobs I've had, HELLO? its DQ!
Worked with the most friendly fun people.
going to work was all I looked forward too!
I loved my job!
Pros
Free ICECREAM all day everyday!
Cons
My manager was a grumpy old, racists man.
Did not enjoy this place
Food server/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC9 September 2016
Managers were blinded to most situations that needed to be corrected. Co-workers were slacking off to leave jobs for me to do.
Great place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON30 April 2016
Cleaned machines, ran to the store room to get the list, cashier, food preparation and handed out the food. I learned better communication skills. I liked the hours I was given. Management was excellent. Hardest part was when schedules and pay checks were not in on time
Pros
Hours
Cons
Scheduling
I always have something to keep me busy
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2016
The first person to show up for the evening shift is expected to pick up any garbage seen inside and outside the store. After this you should fill the toppings that are halfway full, and wash any tools that have been used prior to your arrival if they have not been washed already. Throughout your shift it's important to stay attentive and keep yourself busy - clean the counter, change the milk bags, and fill the cone trays.

When costumers enter the store it's expected you drop what you're doing to acknowledge their arrival by greeting and asking them, "what can I get for you?" Interacting with costumers comes naturally to me, and that's why it's my favourite part of the job. If I notice they've been starring at our menu for sometime I approach them and ask if they prefer sweets or salts. Depending on their response I give my opinion on which product I believe they'd enjoy most.
Pros
Walking distance from home
Cons
Not enough hours (2 shifts/week)
Work place is productive and helpfull.
Crew member (Current Employee) –  McArthur, ON2 June 2016
I learned to work in a crew oriented job for the first time.This job helped me to improve my customer service. My co-workers helped me to handle customers and make orders clearly and more friendly.
Making order and delivering it to the customers is the hardest part but working with a friendly surrounding helped me enjoy my work more easily.
Good and bad
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 July 2016
It is not up to safety regulations, the male workers make the place very uncomfortable with their advances towards underage girls working there. although there were good hours and it gave you flexibility with your hours and when you worked.
Fun work place
Cashier/Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 March 2016
A typical day at DQ started with opening the store cleaning, preparing toppings for the day and food. I learned how to be fast on my feet especially on miracle treat day. You have to be able to deal with customers on a daily basis of all ages. I learnt a lot about products as you had to deal with customers who have never been to the store or ordered a cake. The management was fun but they have a strong value in you must work and talk. Show them that you want to be there. The hardest part of my job was dealing with angry customers. Some people there is honestly no pleasing no matter how hard you try. You just have to keep your chin up and know that no matter what if you have tried every thing to please them than at least you did your best. I loved meeting new people or meeting the regulars the first time. I love to interact with people and listen to them and some of them shared a lot of stories of their life. I liked dealing with the many kids sports teams that would come in. I also loved working miracle treat day even if it got crazy. It was great training firefighters and making friends with them. I loved giving back to the hospital and how much the community wanted to help.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
on your feet a lot
love this place nice staff and management
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Devon, AB15 September 2015
I like this place to work nice staff and management and great benefits the most enjoyable part is to cook for the customers
Pros
great staff, and management
Cons
not enough hours
great place to be,
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE14 June 2016
wonderful environment perfect management, friendly staff and customers, store always kept clean an filled. everything up to date.
ok
Tables (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 June 2016
Not very good when it comes to switching shifts due to family problems. Did not happen to me but my co worker. Some Co workers lazy and bosses just watch and don't say anything. Wait a Month or two until a Staff meeting rather than dealing with it their.
Pros
talk to people
Cons
cleaning toilets, customer food order wrong, Bad Leadership
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON9 August 2016
It was a seasonal job, it was fun being able to work around others your age, but customers got too passionate about ice cream so it was a bit of a headache going into work.
Dairy Queen is a great job opportunity.
Food and Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON11 July 2016
Dairy Queen is a great opportunity for those looking for their first job. The job is fast paced and easy to learn and will guarantee you a great bonding experience with your co-workers.
Good place to work with. Staff are friendly.
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB7 April 2016
Task is easy to learn, staff are nice and friendly. Time is flexible, management has a consideration should you have any requests ahead of time. The challenge is you'll never know if your colleagues will going to show up or or not especially on a very busy weekends as most of them are still very young.
Fun workplace, and amazing people
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON12 April 2016
Work is always fun, we are always having a great time and work very hard at the same time. My coworkers are very outgoing and charismatic. Typical day at work is normally good, all you do is clean and make ice cream, and every day I learn something new about our products. The hardest part about the job is that, your always on your feet and there are days because it is so busy, you barely get a break because they always need you. Overall, the best part are our customers and my co-workers.
Fast pace but lost of fun
Dairy Queen Crew member (Former Employee) –  Petawawa, ON9 June 2016
I enjoyed my short period working at Dairy Queen.
I worked seasonal which made it very hard. I ended up working two jobs and that made my life hectic. I quit because I needed to get one job that could guarantee the hours I needed.
Pros
Awesome coworkers
Cons
Seasonal
recieving customers and working in a team environment
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK6 April 2016
Making the tip of the ice cream into a swirl. To stay calm in a team and no team work environment. Management wasn't that good. My co workers were awesome. No hard work actually when I started i was nervous but the co workers made me feel better. Learning to take orders
Pros
Learning
Cons
no lunch
dairy queen
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Micmac, NS20 April 2016
i go in for 5 and i put my hair in a bun and put a hair net on and i usually am with someone else so we just start servicing the customers right away. i learned how to make there ice cream cones and Sundays and the food and smoothies because in mic mac mall orange Julius is with dairy queen.

most hard part is getting the right weight of the ice cream and the most enjoyable is working with such a great team and in an amazing place
Pros
discounts
Cons
few hours
Management At the Dutch village road location
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS30 March 2016
the management at this location is terribly unfair and power hungry. They pick on the employees that have disabilities. One of the managers tries to get right into your personal life and asks about your bedroom life and tries to hook you up with the people who work there, its ridiculous.
Pros
Cons
everything
easy going and a good environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON10 February 2016
I clock in and go onto the cash register and take orders, then make the order that was taken and hand it out to the customer. I learned to be patient because it would be very busy with crazy line ups on drive thru and service. My management and co-workers were friendly and easy to work with. The hardest part about the job was clearing line ups when it would be really busy and we were short on staff, but we got by. The most enjoyable part was making new friends.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
no set breaks
fun workplace
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Sidney, BC31 March 2016
Fun work place, good for a first job. they only hire children thought. The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers, many come back everyday and it;s great to see them hapy. the co-workers are okay, most are friendly and hard working. management is alright, could be better.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
understaffed

2.7