Dairy Queen Employee Reviews

Diary Queen
Cook (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC18 July 2016
It was a pleasant experience, however it was only a summer Job. I learned how to multitask and deal with customers who had specific expectations.
always busy
Cashier cook and cake decorator (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC15 July 2016
Most of the time it was always busy. I loved the girls that i worked with and they always worked around my schedules. Dairy Queen was a decent place to work
Pros
good at getting days off
Cons
free food
Dairy Queen is a great job opportunity.
Food and Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON11 July 2016
Dairy Queen is a great opportunity for those looking for their first job. The job is fast paced and easy to learn and will guarantee you a great bonding experience with your co-workers.
Productive and fun atmosphere, very chill
Chill Area (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC9 July 2016
Working here helped me work under pressure, and when there weren't any customers, it was very relaxing, I really enjoyed working at DQ
Pros
Discount
Good and bad
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 July 2016
It is not up to safety regulations, the male workers make the place very uncomfortable with their advances towards underage girls working there. although there were good hours and it gave you flexibility with your hours and when you worked.
Easy Going
Part-Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC7 July 2016
GREAT Managers and Staff, overall fun place to work. Scheduling can be a bit hectic and changes frequently, but management is MORE THAN WILLING to work around your schedule if you give notice
Pros
50% off, Great Staff
Cons
smelling like dairy queen for weeks
Stressful and Uncooperative Managment Team
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 July 2016
The entire company is owned by people who take out their anger on their employees. The workers there are sometimes immature from what I've heard from the past. Nobody helps you when you need it most then gets mad at you when you don't know what your doing. They don't consult you when you finish training other than to tell you that you're paying an extra $25 for the uniform. I'm sure other Dairy Queens aren't as bad, but this one I wouldn't recommend ever.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything Else
Productive and fun workplace
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON5 July 2016
It has been easy to recognize routine and capture all goals met for the day as well as manage 7 crew.
Crew and management work very well together and create a very friendly environment.
Pros
Working in a friendly environment, everyone is able to get along and enjoy their days, easily able to accomplish all of the goals that need to be met
Cons
N/A
Fast paced enviroment where one must have minimal mistakes
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 July 2016
Worked at dairy queen for several weeks and at the end of the day is a tiring, but interesting job. Learned the ins and outs of how a fast food restaurant works and made me respect the workers a lot more.
Pros
20% off menu items
Cons
Very short 15 minute breaks with no phone usage
fun place
Service Crew (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, AB29 June 2016
good place for starters. showcase skills and develop abilities in communicating with costumers and co-workers. fun experience. good place to interact with all types of people. people can be mean sometimes but it is all part of the job
Pros
free break food
Good first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 June 2016
Dairy Queens are privately franchised and owned so working at each one will differ. If you live in a cooler climate and your store doesn't sell fast food then expect little to no hours for majority of the year. Also because it was such a small store and privately owned management would often allow personal issues to get in the way of how they treat you and how often you will work, also there is little to no growth within the company. The most enjoyable part of the job was probably working with such a close-knit team.
Pros
some times you can take home free products
Cons
not many hours, no benefits, no tips, minimum pay, no job growth
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON24 June 2016
I enjoyed working as an employee at dairy queen, my typical days at work included a lot of multitasking and assuring great customer service, I learnt how to manage time & how to utilize my skills such as interacting with customers,my coworkers at the time were great and the hardest part of the job would have been stock, most enjoyable part of the job would be everything.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
One 15 minute breaks after a 6 hour shift
ok
Tables (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 June 2016
Not very good when it comes to switching shifts due to family problems. Did not happen to me but my co worker. Some Co workers lazy and bosses just watch and don't say anything. Wait a Month or two until a Staff meeting rather than dealing with it their.
Pros
talk to people
Cons
cleaning toilets, customer food order wrong, Bad Leadership
Very dead place of work in winters
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 June 2016
The summer was jam packed with customers, lines always out the door. In the winter there was no work, and no hours, meaning low pay and scurring for a second job.
Pros
Free Artic Rushes
Cons
WInters are brutal
Productive, fast-paced environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 June 2016
A typical day was very productive and I always found something that someone and I can do make it a better work environment and better environment for the customers. I learned to have more confidence and keep up with a fast-paced environment especially in the drive-thru. in my opinion, the management at Dairy Queen could've been better in keeping morale with employees at a higher priority. Co-workers were really friendly and I always focused on my job first no matter the relationship with co-workers. The hardest part of the job would be keeping up with the fast-paced environment when it was really busy. The most enjoyable part of the job would be taking orders.
Pros
The 50% discount for breaks and free drinks.
great place to be,
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE14 June 2016
wonderful environment perfect management, friendly staff and customers, store always kept clean an filled. everything up to date.
Great Family Atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB11 June 2016
I loved working at Dairy Queen, they were really good people to their employees. They were also great with scheduling. I learned a lot on selling there products, making me a better sales person. The management was great. Co-workers were like family. The hardest part of the job, was being on my feet. The most enjoyable was working with the customers.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Low wage, Hard on feet
Fast pace but lost of fun
Dairy Queen Crew member (Former Employee) –  Petawawa, ON9 June 2016
I enjoyed my short period working at Dairy Queen.
I worked seasonal which made it very hard. I ended up working two jobs and that made my life hectic. I quit because I needed to get one job that could guarantee the hours I needed.
Pros
Awesome coworkers
Cons
Seasonal
Clean workplace with flexible hours
Cook (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC8 June 2016
Well maintained and cleaned location with great staff. Hours were incredibly flexible with my busy school schedule. Management was well organized and freely available for any problems that arose.
Pros
Discounted food
Generally good experience
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 June 2016
- trained well
- clean store
- good coworkers
- good overall environment
- only small conflicts, usually resolved right away
- stagnant pay