Dairy Queen

Dairy Queen Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A day at Dairy Queen
Team Member (Current Employee), Airdrie, ABMay 13, 2015
Pros: Family
Cons: Customers, pay
I have been working for the company since 2013, and I have got to say, the company has only improved over the years. When I started we had virtually no training program, we were just expected to know how to do everything. Our management is wonderful, but it varies from place to place, I am thankful I have the managers I have, its like a productive family. Customers in fast food are horrible, but they are bad everywhere you go.
Fun Learning in a fast environment
Staff Member / Supervisor (Current Employee), Carleton PlaceMay 10, 2015
Working at dairy queen has been a great stepping stone and was a good first job to start with. I learned to work as part of a team and developed management skills by advancing from a staff member to a supervisor.
worst experience.
Front Counter attendant (Former Employee), sherwood park , albertaMay 10, 2015
Pros: free lunch, pay wage was great
Cons: bad boss
hated my boss , hated store location , to many supervisors was confusing , we were treated badly and looked down upon as I wasn't a supervisor
fun place to work gain alot of experience in different fields
Cashier & Cook (Former Employee), London ONMay 6, 2015
Pros: Great People
Fun place to work
good young crowd to work with
gain lots of experience in different areas
chances to move up in your position (supervisor)
Good first job
Employee at Dairy Queen (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBMay 1, 2015
Pros: salary is a bit higher than minimum wage
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work is taking orders from the customers, making the food for them, working cashier, filling products and cleaning stations. I learned a lot about teamwork, responsibility and organization. I got along well with all of my managers and co-workers.
Staff Member Experience
Staff member (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONApril 28, 2015
A typical day at Dairy Queen as a staff member was fun, but did not consist of much challenges. It was a good first job, to see what the work world was like. The hardest part of this job, because I was so new to customer service, was dealing with unhappy customers. The most enjoyable part of this job was working with great people.
great
free food after closing
great co-workers and management
intresting place
Crew Member (Current Employee), Brampton, ONApril 21, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: no hours
owner is rude and cheap but employees are pretty amazing can be challenging at times and you need to be productive it teaches you to stand up for yourself
very poor work eviroment
Cook (Former Employee), Hope, BCApril 16, 2015
poorly managed, the co-workers didn't take there job seriously, the facility was disgusting, not every dq I have found to be this way but the one I was working at was not a good one.
Productive workplace with dedicated employees
Server (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecApril 16, 2015
Pros: 50% off food while working
Cons: Finishing at midnight
A typical day at work, I start working on cakes in the back by decorating them. I was mainly used for the preparation of the cakes, I would also serve customers in front. If it was busy day we would team up on cash with my co-workers, because of the environment, we had great communications between us all. I would clean in between rushes, re-fill what needed to be filled. I would also take the cake orders from customers, answer their questions about the product. It was a well organized environment with people who cared about their job. The hardest part was the long lines, trying to get them to shrink as fast as possible all while keeping the store clean and not chaotic. The best part were the employees who had your back! We were all a team, we worked best together.
Very Bad Management
Front Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Okotoks, ABApril 12, 2015
Pros: Good workplace
Cons: Bad management
I loved the workplace and co workers but the management was horrible and did not do any good for the company or its employees
Productive Fun Environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 10, 2015
Pros: great environment
Cons: poor wage
Like any other fast food dairy queens gets a great reputation
its a fun place to work with great staff members.
gained a lot of experience and knowledge, undergoing extensive training to gain more experience.
there are hardest part but also there are enjoyable parts of the job.
Fun
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), North BayMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Co Workers
Cons: Short Hours
Loved working at Dairy Queen. The location was perfect. Loved my coworkers. Great experience and over all excellent management.
Amazing experience
Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary, AlbertaMarch 30, 2015
I became attached to all of my co workers and management. The management helped me grow in to a team leader/ supervisor as I have always been shy. I am so grateful for everything they did for me and what I learned from the four years I have been working for them as they made me the person I am today.
A job experience you will never forget
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Cambridge OntarioMarch 27, 2015
Pros: positive atmosphere, customer interaction
Cons: long hours in hot conditions
My 5 year experience with Dairy Queen can only be described as memorable. This job has allowed me to grow as an individual in more ways than I ever thought possible. With the greatest employers and fellow co-workers, I have few negatives to say about working for DQ. A typical day included coming in and stocking inventory and product, preparing for the night shift, as well as multiple cleaning duties. Of course serving the customers was the number one priority. As shift leader and head cake decorator, my other responsibilities included cake ordered, handling customer and product complaints, as well as motivating and keeping the crew on task. The hardest part was probably keeping up with the crazy demand, and trying to stay positive through 7 hour rushes. If it wasn't for the amazing people alongside me it would have been much more difficult.
Fast paced
Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, onMarch 24, 2015
Fast paced environment with good staff. Independently owned and run well. On very busy days company owner provides staff with food
Good part-time place to start working at.
Cashier and Frontline Server (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 22, 2015
Pros: easy job
Cons: when you get rude customers.
I would make blizzards, prepare foods in bags or on trays and serve customers. It was a fast paced environment so I learned to get the job as best and quick as possible. Having friends made it fun, because we would but also enjoy the company of each other around.
fun to work with.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCMarch 13, 2015
Pros: free meal
Cons: benifit
I do enjoy working in my current job, the culture and the people are fun to work with, but looking forward for more challenges and advance opportunity and career goals.
work versus life
Food counter attendant (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCMarch 10, 2015
Pros: 50% discount
Cons: long hours
working days was fine and pleasing to work, just like any other jobs, tiring. i learn a lot by working in Dairy Queen, improving my multi-tasking skills and sense, food handling, costumer relationship and more. About the management, i can say that the management is not well oriented, sometimes people do not understand each other because of how the management works in the store, some are like to do things on their own way even thou it is not approved by the higher management, they do things accordingly by their own standards not by the store's standards. The people i work with are fine and fun the be with while working, but we can't avoid working to people that we can't get along while working. For me the hardest part of the job but fun is when the times like the higher management or the owner of the store comes in and suddenly ask the others to come inside the office and suddenly they having a meeting and i'm working in all 4 working station in the store by my self. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is when i work and make the people who comes in and i make them laugh and smile.
Serving Customers with joy
Supervisor (Former Employee), Moncton, NB CanadaMarch 1, 2015
Pros: discounted meals
Cons: late nights
I typically worked evenings and Saturday's at DQ because I was in college. I learned how to fill customer's orders swiftly and accurately by working together with my team of co-workers. The management was very helpful in learning the skills needed to work there and clear with their helpful corrections. Some co-workers did very well and others were not as helpful. The hardest part of the job was working fast enough. The most enjoyable part of the job was putting a smile on the customer's face. :)