Dairy Queen Employee Reviews

average work place
Part-time Worker (Former Employee) –  Paradise, NL16 June 2017
It is a very friendly work place for some people but for some the management can be tough. A lot to learn from the place and if a person have good relation with manager then there should not be any problem.
Pros
friendly colleagues
Cons
too far, bad public transportation
This was an excellent first job
Cashier/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC16 June 2017
The Richmond Dairy Queen was my first job apart from babysitting. I worked there in my teens and for a little while before I had my first child.

The owner managed the company wisely. He scheduled work around his employee's lives, so there was always a great job work/life balance.

Ray (the owner) gave us meals at half price and treated his employees well.

Thinking back about working at the Dairy Queen puts a smile on my face.
Fast-paced
Store front / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 June 2017
Dairy Queen is a face-paced environment. You learn very quickly how to multitask and how to make product fast and efficiently. I've learned how to handle upset customers, how to comprise with products. I've learned that it is very important to keep a clean and safe work area especially working with food products.
Pros
Co-workers and the flexible hours
Cons
Understaffed
fun to work at layed back
Cashier assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 June 2017
it was a good job , reasonable expectations , great staff , good discounts , great location, good challenge, great commute and overall it is a place that I would recommend working at!
Pros
discount
Cons
very little to do
Productive / amazing owners
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 June 2017
this place changed dramaticly the previous owners are the same as shawnessy dairy queen so when they were running this dairy queen it was a horrible work envirmonet but when they switched owners there was a dramtoc change way nicer owners , never make customers wait
Pros
50% discount, free drinks
Cons
no free food
fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 June 2017
overall it is a very good place to work if you can handle rude owners, the team of shawnessy dairy queen is very bad , they do not care about customers as they do only care about them selfs as well as other employes. there will be a line of customers waiting to have there order taken while a group of emplyoees standing in the office on there phones taking snapchats .
Pros
very nice management, fun work enviroment
Cons
Owners are very disrespectful & very very rude
Fun and casual but very busy
Cashier & minor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 June 2017
A typical day is very busy. Nice coworkers make for a better experience but customers can tend to be very demanding at times as other fast food I'm sure. The hardest part of the job is just being able to work very quickly and please many customers. The culture is very friendly however the management is lacking. I learned to work hard and collaborate with all types of people, but the managers are very harsh sometimes which isn't effective in my opinion.
Pros
50% Off food
Cons
Extremely busy
enjoyable and friendly staff
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Stettler, AB13 June 2017
fun workplace, management has your back, learned a lot especially in costumer service, co-workers are helpful during training and the rest of the staff are friendly. Can request for time of duty, the hardest part is resisting the delicious food! love the ice cream!!!
Pros
able to manage my time
Cons
some costumer"s unacceptable attitude
Fun workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC13 June 2017
The manager is really awesome. She was very motivating and she provides flexible shifts especially to students. Almost everyone I worked with was also very nice and respectful.
Pros
Awesome manager, 50% off anything, Great working environment, Flexible Shifts
Cons
Long hours, can be exhausting especially summer time
productive and fun workplace
Front Counter Associate (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB13 June 2017
It's a good place to work, very accommodating, the people are the best part by far everyone is very friendly. I learned how to multitask, management is ok.
unorganzied
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 June 2017
very unprofessional, management would gossip and not work even with the owner and managers, took very long to close because of lazy workers, very slow during the winter
Dairy Queen
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dalton, ON912 June 2017
My reviw for Dq is okay i have been working there for over a year now and when i started off it was a great job but latter on it got really stressful and it gets hard because if you make the smallest mistake you get in quit a bit of truble more then i think it should be, but that also depends on who your working with. It is a fun place to work though and a great starting off job. Im looking for another job now because im just looking for something new.
Pros
Wright food you take down and they will take it off your next pay plus 50% off everything
Cons
Not enough hours
It's a very progessive and very friendly place. Fellow co-workers are very fun to work with.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB12 June 2017
When I first started at DQ everyone is really friendly. That way I learned easily because they're friendly. I started getting comfortable doing my job and always keeping my head up. The DQ Team always focus on co-operation and that's how we get things done.
Pros
50% Discount for food
Cons
Unpaid Breaks
Really Enjoyed this job
Counter Server (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 June 2017
Loved working here. Always friendly people to work with, was given great hours and my boss was very friendly and accommodating . Quite a busy work environment, caused you always to be on the go.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Location, Seasonal position
It was great
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK11 June 2017
The job was great and the management was understanding. Overall just an all out great experience as far as work experiences go. Highly recommend working here
mediocre
Cashier, Chill, Grill (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 June 2017
the managers are wonderful but the staff are awful they dont do their jobs when the owners are not in the store

i clean everything, expo food and chill products, take orders and do drive thru
Fun workplace, great for a first job.
Counter Server (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB9 June 2017
A typical day working at Dairy Queen included taking customers orders and then preparing their meals and\or their drinks.
Working with other team members to achieve ultimate success.
Handling drive thru orders.
While employed by Dairy Queen I learned about food safety and proper sanitation techniques.
Pros
Discounted food items
Cons
no room for career advancements
Productive work place with lots of hours in the summer time
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC8 June 2017
it is great place to work especially the DQ l worked at on Highway 33 in Rutland Kelowna BC. They is great job security, good management and friendly employees. The job does not pay great , No benefits
Pros
free lunches discounted
Cons
Bad pay without benefits
Good
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 June 2017
I have worked at DQ for over 2 and a half years and have enjoyed it and have learned a lot. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with customer complaints but normally customers are friendly. I have definitely developed patience, customer service, team skills, time management, and responsibility while working at DQ.
Pros
Hour flexibility, friendly staff
Cons
Customer complaints, salary
Fun work
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ON7 June 2017
Dairy Queen is a great place to work with lots of happy customers. I worked there for a year now but it didn't quite suit me. The employees where all great