Dairy Queen Employee Reviews

fun place
Service Crew (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, AB29 June 2016
good place for starters. showcase skills and develop abilities in communicating with costumers and co-workers. fun experience. good place to interact with all types of people. people can be mean sometimes but it is all part of the job
Pros
free break food
Good first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 June 2016
Dairy Queens are privately franchised and owned so working at each one will differ. If you live in a cooler climate and your store doesn't sell fast food then expect little to no hours for majority of the year. Also because it was such a small store and privately owned management would often allow personal issues to get in the way of how they treat you and how often you will work, also there is little to no growth within the company. The most enjoyable part of the job was probably working with such a close-knit team.
Pros
some times you can take home free products
Cons
not many hours, no benefits, no tips, minimum pay, no job growth
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON24 June 2016
I enjoyed working as an employee at dairy queen, my typical days at work included a lot of multitasking and assuring great customer service, I learnt how to manage time & how to utilize my skills such as interacting with customers,my coworkers at the time were great and the hardest part of the job would have been stock, most enjoyable part of the job would be everything.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
One 15 minute breaks after a 6 hour shift
ok
Tables (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 June 2016
Not very good when it comes to switching shifts due to family problems. Did not happen to me but my co worker. Some Co workers lazy and bosses just watch and don't say anything. Wait a Month or two until a Staff meeting rather than dealing with it their.
Pros
talk to people
Cons
cleaning toilets, customer food order wrong, Bad Leadership
Very dead place of work in winters
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 June 2016
The summer was jam packed with customers, lines always out the door. In the winter there was no work, and no hours, meaning low pay and scurring for a second job.
Pros
Free Artic Rushes
Cons
WInters are brutal
Productive, fast-paced environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 June 2016
A typical day was very productive and I always found something that someone and I can do make it a better work environment and better environment for the customers. I learned to have more confidence and keep up with a fast-paced environment especially in the drive-thru. in my opinion, the management at Dairy Queen could've been better in keeping morale with employees at a higher priority. Co-workers were really friendly and I always focused on my job first no matter the relationship with co-workers. The hardest part of the job would be keeping up with the fast-paced environment when it was really busy. The most enjoyable part of the job would be taking orders.
Pros
The 50% discount for breaks and free drinks.
great place to be,
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE14 June 2016
wonderful environment perfect management, friendly staff and customers, store always kept clean an filled. everything up to date.
Great Family Atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB11 June 2016
I loved working at Dairy Queen, they were really good people to their employees. They were also great with scheduling. I learned a lot on selling there products, making me a better sales person. The management was great. Co-workers were like family. The hardest part of the job, was being on my feet. The most enjoyable was working with the customers.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Low wage, Hard on feet
Fast pace but lost of fun
Dairy Queen Crew member (Former Employee) –  Petawawa, ON9 June 2016
I enjoyed my short period working at Dairy Queen.
I worked seasonal which made it very hard. I ended up working two jobs and that made my life hectic. I quit because I needed to get one job that could guarantee the hours I needed.
Pros
Awesome coworkers
Cons
Seasonal
Clean workplace with flexible hours
Cook (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC8 June 2016
Well maintained and cleaned location with great staff. Hours were incredibly flexible with my busy school schedule. Management was well organized and freely available for any problems that arose.
Pros
Discounted food
Generally good experience
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 June 2016
- trained well
- clean store
- good coworkers
- good overall environment
- only small conflicts, usually resolved right away
- stagnant pay
- no benefits
Work place is productive and helpfull.
Crew member (Current Employee) –  McArthur, ON2 June 2016
I learned to work in a crew oriented job for the first time.This job helped me to improve my customer service. My co-workers helped me to handle customers and make orders clearly and more friendly.
Making order and delivering it to the customers is the hardest part but working with a friendly surrounding helped me enjoy my work more easily.
fun workplace
Ice Cream Server (Current Employee) –  Morinville, AB1 June 2016
it is a fun place to work, most of the managers are very nice, the co workers are for the most part great, i just like the fact that it is a safe and fun work environment.
Fun environment but poor work conditions and poor management
Employee (Current Employee) –  North York, ON30 May 2016
Poor working conditions in the summer, too hot in there to work; however, nice co-workers made the job a fun environment.
Its good for a starter job
Cashier/General Worker (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON29 May 2016
Teenage students should apply, there's lots of skills to learn, but you don't want to stay forever, there isn't much advancement
Pros
discounts on food
Cons
understaffed, overzealous customers
Dairy queen job
Dairy Queen (Former Employee) –  Cache Creek, BC26 May 2016
It was great but my favorite part was making burgers and learning how to build the perfect ice cream cone. I also enjoyed interacting with my work buddies.
Pros
25% off
Cons
its hard to make ice cream
Great employees with greater management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK26 May 2016
Dairy Queen has got to be my most enjoyable job yet. The staff are all incredible friendly and not at all clique-y. The managers are all super fair and understanding, they are very open to your needs.
This job taught me the importance of order of operations, how to quickly prepare quality food and to communicate well with others.
The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with a mess or an incorrectly prepared order while mid-rush.
Pros
50% off food 30 minutes before or after shift (or during)
Cons
As with any service-industry position, snooty customers.
Fast Pace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 May 2016
Throughout the summer it's non stop fast pace, you have to be willing to work hard for hours and the pay in minimum wage if you're over 18 under is student wage
Not the greatest work environment
Part-time employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 May 2016
Had to dig through a clogged toilet with only dainty thin gloves, & there was no plunger. Also did not get my cheque for almost 2 whole months, the manager would not answer of my calls, texts, & was "not in" when I got there.
Pros
Learned good standing positions for when you are on your feet for long periods of time.
Cons
No breaks, employees were not very nice
good fun place to work
Front Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ponoka, AB16 May 2016
second job ive ever had and good workplace to be in people are friendly and coworkers are very nice people. loved working there. miss it lots

2.7