Dairy Queen Employee Reviews

Great place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONApril 30, 2016
Cleaned machines, ran to the store room to get the list, cashier, food preparation and handed out the food. I learned better communication skills. I liked the hours I was given. Management was excellent. Hardest part was when schedules and pay checks were not in on time
Pros
Hours
Cons
Scheduling
Good place to work fun staff.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Trenton, ONApril 28, 2016
days were not very hard but at night when the store got busier it required being able to work in a fast paced environment and i supervised and assigned tasks to as many as 8 other employees. the coworkers were a good team and fun to work with
Pros
working with friends
Cons
occasional late nights
Fast-paced and enjoyable workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 27, 2016
This job required me to work cashier, make ice cream for customers, clean and answer calls. The job was very fast-paced and required a lot of team work.
Good
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 25, 2016
Great company, very friendly and fast paced environment. The management is nice and caring. Close to come and convenient location.
Ensures customer satisfaction, fast-paced, efficient environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONApril 24, 2016
Dairy Queen was a fast-paced environment aimed to provide quality food for customers. Employees were to work fast to ensure satisfaction, yet provide quality. At Dairy Queen, I learned to further my customer service skilled, prepare food, and work a cashier. Fellow employees were all kind and skilled. The hardest yet also most enjoyable part of the job was the fast-paced environment. Dairy Queen was very busy in the summer, yet this pace made work enjoyable as there was always something to do and it allowed workers to improve themselves and their skills.
Great first job
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Maple, ONApril 24, 2016
A very positive environment for new employees. Each employee is trained very thoroughly to ensure success. One is able to work together and mesh well as a team. Get to learn how to give great customer service and how to work efficiently.
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
In the cooler months there are insufficient hours
A short time but satisfying work experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 22, 2016
Although the time was short it was a interesting place to work meeting professional relationships with both employees and supervisors. A typical day at work was a moderate amount of customers purchasing items, management was decent and my co-workers were professional and decent young men and women. The hardest part of the job was "rush hour" where we would be serving customers and repeatedly cleaning products to reuse and help with customers again, I enjoyed everything about the job.
Pros
50% off products with employees
Cons
Little to do other than helping customers and nowhere to rest on breaks
Shift Supervisor,
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ONApril 20, 2016
This job was alright. The team was great and the managers where good. Lacked organization on daily shifts and inconsistent shift hours. Great to work with the general public
Pros
staff discount, great team
Cons
lack of manager support, rate of pay, hours scheduled
dairy queen
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Micmac, NSApril 20, 2016
i go in for 5 and i put my hair in a bun and put a hair net on and i usually am with someone else so we just start servicing the customers right away. i learned how to make there ice cream cones and Sundays and the food and smoothies because in mic mac mall orange Julius is with dairy queen.

most hard part is getting the right weight of the ice cream and the most enjoyable is working with such a great team and in an amazing place
Pros
discounts
Cons
few hours
Fast paced and driven
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONApril 16, 2016
My review would be that although Dairy Queen is a very busy place, they take pride in their work, and are very driven during each shift.
Great place, so fun and learned a lot
Cake maker and cake writer, server (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONApril 16, 2016
This was my first job when I was 16 and it was the best experience ever! Loved all of my coworkers and bosses. I had so much fun at work everyday, fair scheduling, fair pay, positive environment, great training, made life long friends
Cons
Friendly environment and great work ethics
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABApril 14, 2016
Cashier. That you need to keep on your toes and make sure that the customers are happy. Management was excellent; knew how to handle tough situations. Co-workers all got along with each other and an excellent staff. The hardest were summer rushes but we were able to get through it with each others help. The most enjoyable was the customers but all the staff they were all making sure that everyone was okay and made sure that if you needed help they would help you.
Nice place to work
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 13, 2016
Really decent location, clean interior, and very friendly staff. Nothing at all to complain about. Would recommended to all people especially in summer
Pros
free food
Cons
short hours
Fun workplace, and amazing people
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ONApril 12, 2016
Work is always fun, we are always having a great time and work very hard at the same time. My coworkers are very outgoing and charismatic. Typical day at work is normally good, all you do is clean and make ice cream, and every day I learn something new about our products. The hardest part about the job is that, your always on your feet and there are days because it is so busy, you barely get a break because they always need you. Overall, the best part are our customers and my co-workers.
Good place to work with. Staff are friendly.
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, ABApril 7, 2016
Task is easy to learn, staff are nice and friendly. Time is flexible, management has a consideration should you have any requests ahead of time. The challenge is you'll never know if your colleagues will going to show up or or not especially on a very busy weekends as most of them are still very young.
recieving customers and working in a team environment
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKApril 6, 2016
Making the tip of the ice cream into a swirl. To stay calm in a team and no team work environment. Management wasn't that good. My co workers were awesome. No hard work actually when I started i was nervous but the co workers made me feel better. Learning to take orders
Pros
Learning
Cons
no lunch
Fun workplace
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBApril 3, 2016
Your typical day at work involved taking customers orders and preparing their food, cleaning your work space, and dining space. The most enjoyable part was your co-workers. It's like one big family!
Wonderful place to learn and grow
Ponoka Alberta, Part Time (Former Employee) –  Ponoka, ABApril 3, 2016
This location is a slight oddity for myself under the actual amount of time I worked here. I had been hired originally by a third party to aid in renovation construction of the location and was subsequently groomed to be an assisting manager before my unfortunately time departure from this location.

The managerial staff was, mostly, friendly and understanding of the other staff and their wishes while the kitchen staff, at the time, were abrasive and condescending of all the other staff. Post renovation upon the proper hiring of myself to the payroll the training was well designed so one would have little difficulties becoming accustomed to the various events happening simultaneously in the store.
Pros
welcoming staff, 50% off meals
Cons
abrasive kitchen staff
fun workplace
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Sidney, BCMarch 31, 2016
Fun work place, good for a first job. they only hire children thought. The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers, many come back everyday and it;s great to see them hapy. the co-workers are okay, most are friendly and hard working. management is alright, could be better.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
understaffed
Hard working staff, no guarantee for hours.
CHILL STAFF/FOOD SERVER (Current Employee) –  5449 Dundas StreetMarch 31, 2016
Fun and efficient staff. No guaranteed hours. Was not provided a large uniform within 2 weeks of working there. Overall decent experience
Pros
Very Simple
Cons
No guarantee for hours.

2.7