Dairy Queen Employee Reviews

the shifts worked perfectly with my life.
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON10 August 2017
aside from the perfect shifts to fit around my needs, the management was horrible, and they were more worried with the stocking of cups and cones, than they were with the cleanliness of the store after a busy rush most afternoon shifts. The owners like to be hard on employees for things they haven't done, or haven't done wrong...in a few short months I was there it became a stressful place to work.
Pros
the shifts were perfect for a single mother like mysef
Cons
the owners
BAD environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 August 2017
rude staff language barriers because people talked in different languages and about other people, i was always uncomfortable. the management did nothing about any rude behaviour and there was people always stealing there co-workers money etc.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Eveything
great
cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 August 2017
loved working here it was an amazeing first job and i loved the staff and co workers i had and many i still keep in contact with. boss was a great friendly person
fun place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB7 August 2017
working here was great! you sent in your avalibility every week and you would get shifts that work around the time you have given to the management. I was able to make friendshipd there that will last a lifetime!
Pros
fun work enviroment
Cons
not enough hours in the winter
fun and friendly place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 August 2017
fun and friendly place to work at workers treat you like family good hours . i learned how to make ice cream cake and also designed them a typical day at work would be fast paste around 6 it would be rush hour around 8 it would be slow paste but gives you time to start closing.
Pros
Cons
working alone
Awesome for a first job!
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 August 2017
I told one of my internet friends I worked at dairy queen. I'm just here to adopt stories and get the knowledge I need to pull this off. Thank you so much :DD *huggie wuggies*
Pros
Free food
Cons
5+ hours so ive heard
super easy job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON4 August 2017
simple jobs and tasks to complete through a shift. Great staff. Good hours available. Work never got too difficult. Could always book off time or switch a shift when needed.
Pros
discounts
inconsiderate management
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 August 2017
ever since I started working at the ellerslie branch everything is worst specially the store manager very racist.i don't recommend working in this branch they will use you,
Pros
nothing
Cons
management problem
Fun Workplace
CASHIER/FRONT END STAFF (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 August 2017
First job that I ever had, met a lot of new people that I am still friends with to this day, very enjoyable atmosphere to be in. Enjoyed getting to learn new things each day,
Fun place to work, fun people
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  Port Alberni, BC28 July 2017
Dairy Queen is a great place to get work experience, it can be stressful but what job can't? You need to be able to think fast on your feet. The people I work with are fun. Hours are hard to get.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Hours are complicated
productive workplace
Administrative Assistant/ food attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 July 2017
My typical day at DQ, where open at 11am busy starts at 12nn till 3pm. This is a challenging job that I worked with which I learned how to make an ice cream cake and all lines of ice creams / blizzard that we offered . At DQ I do all the sides of station , ill do kitchen, drive thru, blizzard station and office as well. we had 3deliveries we had to do in a week , GFs, Canada Bread and Saputo as per rotation. My typical job routine are; inventory, sending orders, sorting some paper work like accounting and purchasing stuff.
Taking care for cake orders by phone or walk-in guest to make sure that they got their order right and on time and to assured them all the details or information needed by the guest are well served and right.

workplace culture same as other restaurant we are all adjusting and helping each other to build connections and work as a TEAM, different nationality had diff, culture as well I make sure that I always respect and listen to each other . It is a learning process but in the end of the day no matter what situation we encountered ( STORE), I'll keep myself humble and professional at all times. RESPECT is the best way of engaging / communicating to one another.

hardest part is if we encountered customer complains, as a CREW / Employee We are the one who paced all the consequences no matter how worst is scenario is,, Nobody's perfect it happens as a human error , as a TEAM we commit and correct ourselves even though its not my fault still as supervisor our job is to rebuild the trust of our valid customers and to re assured them that got the
  more... best services possible we had. Customer is always right, if we feel humiliated that is the hardest part of my job

enjoyable part is we learned to be more professional and friendly ,
Pros
employees disc., free food
Cons
6 to 8hrs
Good working experience
Kitchen Helper (Current Employee) –  Invermere, BC25 July 2017
Good typical day to work with,learn more how to work under pressure,the management is not so good specially when it comes to employees benefits.its kinda fun and challenging working in D.Q.
management was poor.
COOK (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB21 July 2017
The manager has a short temper and used it at the wrong time. I was kicked out of work because the people around me were messing around and I was kicked out because I was guilty by association because I was around them even though that's my work area.
productive
Front desk, Cashier, Prep,Cooked, Crew Worker (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC21 July 2017
fun with good and nice co-workers
management is okay you can ask favors especially if its about the schedule or changes in your plan.
its just happened that you cannot get benefits if your not working full time and the owner not gonna mention you about the benefits or if he give benefits.
good starter job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 July 2017
its a good place for people in school to start off with and the people there can be nice but management doesn't always do their job so picking up other people's slack is a necessity
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
improperly trained staff
Interesting job
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB19 July 2017
Supervisors are good and are not bossy. Some workers are immature and like to play around instead of actually working. but the job itself is kind of fun.
Pros
making sundaes and ice cream
Cons
some workers are lazy
Hard job!!
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 July 2017
Okay as a first job, but seriously needs a lot of improvements within the business. Always busy, always understaffed expect minimum wage salary, owner isn't invested in her own business.
Pros
50% off chill and grill products
Cons
hard to book off time; poorly managed
the job satisfaction
Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 July 2017
get customers to say yes.
smile in the face of criticism.
make other people feel important.
turn routine tasks into stimulation.
avoid unnecessary tension.
Pros
nothing
Food Preparer & Helper (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK16 July 2017
My "mentor" was not the best person to talk to compared to other people I've worked with in other places and the summary speaks for itself.Most of them talk to each other in their own language and you'll know when they talk about you.
Very energtic fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Morinville, AB16 July 2017
I worked as a cashier at dairy queen, My goal at work was to meet the exceptions of the customers and to make there experience a good one. I enjoyed working for dairy queen and helping make it a fun and enjoyable place