Dairy Queen Employee Reviews

Excellent workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB25 April 2017
They are an excellent company to work for. They are very flexible and understanding with the schedule. This is a great first job for many high school students.
Fun people, poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 April 2017
As an individual, I felt that I had taken on a lot of trust and responsibility from my management. However, after two and a half years of working there - I was still getting paid minimum wage. The hours were flexible and the people I worked with were fun and welcoming. However, I didn't feel valued by the company.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No moving up
Great management, busy atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB21 April 2017
A typical day at work at Dairy Queen had me juggling a lot of different jobs at once, always back tracking to make sure I stayed on top. Not only did you have to pay attention to cash and the direct customers, but you also had to answer the phone, clean the cooking areas, restock the food products, change the garbage, prepare cooking ingredients for the next day, and much more. The workplace culture was nice, as it was very diverse. Hardest part of the job was making sure everything was stocked up during rush hours while also tending to direct customers. Most enjoyable part of the job was working for two great locals who treat their employees as though they were their own children!
Pros
Good atmosphere
Fun place
Customer Service- cook/cashier (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 April 2017
Its great place to work at if you're a high school student. You get to learn things that to get with you in life that you might not learn them anywhere else.
Pros
You to learn how to cook
Cons
Gets hot in the kitchen
so long ago i dont remember
Store Front Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON19 April 2017
so long ago i dont remember at all from what i do remember it was okay but not much to say about it their food is good tho i do recomending trying it
Enjoyable
Chill and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON16 April 2017
I enjoy working at Dairy Queen, the people are very kind and helpful when I need assistance in something. The training wasn't the best but I understood most of what I was told to do. The hardest part of the job would be having to help customers who are angry and aren't happy with what they have received. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to meet new people everyday and working with a great group of people who all have positive personalities.
Pros
Positive co-workers, discount on products, great owners
Cons
Not many hours
Fun and enjoyable place to work.
Chill Assosiate (Current Employee) –  Angus, ON15 April 2017
Our managment is wonderful and goes above and beyond to make our staff feel welcome , happy and comfortable. All employees are friendly and kind also helping to great a home like feeling when going to work.
It really is a Sweet Job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coaldale, AB15 April 2017
Typically the work day is how any fast food work day is. You take orders and make orders for hours while taking breaks to clean here and there. The management differs from place to place but my manager was amazing and made it very easy to work while in school. The fellow employees were also very nice and we all got along very well.
Pros
Ice cream discount
Cons
Fast food
Best Place to stay for a while - Never left until I had to.
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee) –  Atholville, NB12 April 2017
This job has always been fantastic and if it weren't for my displacement I would currently be working there. Dairy Queen had a great impact on my leadership skills and my customer service skills, I dealt with full -time summers , the busiest times ever, and handled it professionally and under pressure. The job was very laid back, and it was not entirely strict. I had to reflect leadership in some instances when employees would insubordinate, although I was not an official shift leader, I was granted permissions to supervise at moments where my night supervisor would leave, leaving me worth something to the company.
Pros
Free Food, laid back breaks
Cons
employees not working hard, too much work to do because of this, etc
Dairy Queen
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Caledonia, ON11 April 2017
A typical day at work was tending to customers, cleaning, and handing out food, and taking many orders.
I learned the fast pace of working in fast food.
The management was very smooth. Ran very well. schedules were e-mailed directly to you.
The hardest part of the job was working in the summer on a very hot day because living (now living in Brantford) in Caledonia everyone wanted ice cream so there was always a constant rush. It wasn't too hard, very fast paced which I like.
The most enjoyable part of the job was putting a smile on people's faces when handing them there food.
Pros
50% off food during work and/or 20% off food when you aren't working
Cons
Not many staff
Fun place to work and see life
Front End Staff (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK10 April 2017
Fast paced, fun to work there, enjoy time with my co-workers. work can be hectic but is usually manageable. overall i find the work stays interesting as you never know who will come and what they will order.
Pros
discounts on food, great coworkers
Cons
long hours, hectic rushes
Fun work environment, easy work, I made good food
Griller and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS9 April 2017
What I learned:

• Methodical in preparing food orders and quickly taking customer’s orders
• Applied strong interpersonal skills while interacting with customers during money transactions on cash
Great part time job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Caledonia, ON7 April 2017
Good part time job, very accommodating to school schedule. Love my manager and everyone I work with. Hours rang from 10-4 and 4-10. Slow during the winter which is nice for students in school, and you get a lot of hours during the summer.
Good first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 April 2017
It's a good place to first work at but after a while it shows that it isn't very good.
You can only use your 50% off while your working that's understandable but if you work once a week it really makes no sense.
Pros
Good first job
Cons
Nobody would talk English.
Front Counter Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 April 2017
This was a great summer job, i made ice cream and worked the counter. The management was not very good resulting in me not going back. Overall, not a bad job if the management is good.
Ideal first job, very informative
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Canada3 April 2017
Great place to work, great people I worked with and a very rewarding first job. I learned lots about how to count money and work tills, clean the machines, and deal with customers. I learned leadership skills that will help me out in future jobs.
Horrible
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2017
I do not recommend it whatsoever. Staff is unprofessional, management is chaotic, disorganized and bossy. The place is disgusting, their appliances are dirt rot cheap ew...
Worked hard
Cafeteria Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON2 April 2017
Enjoyed my time there. Was disappointed that I could not stay during the winter. Since they had to cut back hours. I could not live on 20 hours a week
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Very long hours
dairy queen
back up server (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON31 March 2017
i loved working at dairy queen it was by far my favorite place to work especially when working for my aunt she is my favorite aunt and was a great boss and i wouldnt change her for the world.
Pros
free drinks, ice cream, hot dogs, etc....
Cons
long hours on feet but worth it in the end
Fun, easy-going, fast-paced
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ON30 March 2017
Working at Dairy Queen is a lot of fun. At first it seem at little overwhelming, as there is a lot to memorize. However the staff are always available and willing to give you a helping hand.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dairy Queen. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7