Dairy Queen Employee Reviews

Fast paced enviroment where one must have minimal mistakes
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 July 2016
Worked at dairy queen for several weeks and at the end of the day is a tiring, but interesting job. Learned the ins and outs of how a fast food restaurant works and made me respect the workers a lot more.
Pros
20% off menu items
Cons
Very short 15 minute breaks with no phone usage
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier/order processor (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB5 September 2016
A fast paced environment that gave me the opportunity to learn many new skills. I enjoyed seeing many regular customers and got to know their orders.
Pros
Free treats
Cons
Working drive through when its cold
Work expirence at DQ
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 December 2016
Nice environment, friendly co-workers.However, did not receive the hours I asked for. Other than that, everything is good.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Wrong shifts
Productive and hard working workplace
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 September 2016
Great to be around co-workers customers and managers. Typical work day is semi-busy but most days is alright. Management is really helpful and friendly and will accommodate any of your needs.
Its was a fun workplace
lobby (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB1 November 2016
I loved working at the dairy queen and it was a pleasure being with the other employees. the only problem I encountered was not enough hours per week
Pros
50% off on food
Cons
not enough hours
Productive and fun workplace.
Cake Decorator / Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 October 2016
A fun, fast faced environment. Great deals for employees with regards to food. I enjoyed most of my time decorating cakes for our customers.
Pros
free meals
Cons
short hours
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK17 December 2016
Very awesome people and fun work environment. The my location worked hard when it came to customer satisfaction and also took care of their employees very well.
Pretty good
Part-Time Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON7 January 2017
This was a pretty good starting job. I would've stayed if I had the option but it didn't work out. The pay and the work was good and the other employees were nice.
Great place to work starting out
Cook (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NS13 December 2016
Great place to work starting out
minimum wage
Benefits to working in a place like this are perfect for team building and learning to deal with the public
Work place is productive and helpfull.
Crew member (Current Employee) –  McArthur, ON2 June 2016
I learned to work in a crew oriented job for the first time.This job helped me to improve my customer service. My co-workers helped me to handle customers and make orders clearly and more friendly.
Making order and delivering it to the customers is the hardest part but working with a friendly surrounding helped me enjoy my work more easily.
Fake salary offer
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON28 August 2016
I was asked to come for interview. She interviewed me and no doubt she was a nice lady but here they say they are offering $14 but its a big big lie. They are offering basic salary 11.25 so dont waste your time going there.
Great Place to be
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB22 October 2016
Dairy Queen has been a great place to work at. It is a team oriented place to work. And a great place to recommend. Being my first job experience i do not regret.
fast food
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB12 September 2016
Dairy Queen has a friendly environment, however fast food service was not for me , I would recommend it for students as it is a great place to start learning about customer service
Pros
friendly
Cons
not enough hours
Dairy Queen
Employee (Current Employee) –  Yarmouth, NS22 August 2016
Good staff, fast-paced lunch hours. Learned to stay on top of tasks throughout the day, took care of my stations. Loved making friends with my bosses, managers, and fellow co-workers.
Pros
50% off food (good on breaks)
Cons
Week notice schedule
Good Atmosphere to work in
Shift leader (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ON18 October 2016
The people are really nice and its an overall enjoyable place to work. the hours are flexible and my co-workers are very nice, as well as, my manager.
Pros
50% off discount
Fun, high pace, lots of people
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 May 2016
This was my first "proper job". It taught me how to work a cash register, how a fast paced work environment functions, and how to deal with customers. A typical day would include taking orders, making orders, restocking ingredients, cleaning, drive thru, and occasionally writing on cakes. Most co-workers were extremely lovely to work with. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all the orders on a really busy day. Some days we would not get breaks because we would be too busy running around making orders.
Pros
Discounted food, working in an ice cream related environment is refreshing in the summer
Cons
long hours, occasionally no breaks, no sick days allowed
Dairy Queen
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Weyburn, SK8 May 2016
A typical day at work is always very busy, friendly faces, and happy customers. I have learned how to be faster at customer service, run the cashier desk on my own, make ice cream and I learned how important it is to have friends at work, someone to have your back as well. My co-workers are amazing, so very helpful, smiling and they have helped me to break out of my shy shell and show people who I really am. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I see the customer enjoying their days, and have a smiling welcome.
Pros
Discounts, Friends, Satisfied Customers.
Cons
Overwhelming, busy
ok
Tables (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 June 2016
Not very good when it comes to switching shifts due to family problems. Did not happen to me but my co worker. Some Co workers lazy and bosses just watch and don't say anything. Wait a Month or two until a Staff meeting rather than dealing with it their.
Pros
talk to people
Cons
cleaning toilets, customer food order wrong, Bad Leadership
Not the greatest work environment
Part-time employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 May 2016
Had to dig through a clogged toilet with only dainty thin gloves, & there was no plunger. Also did not get my cheque for almost 2 whole months, the manager would not answer of my calls, texts, & was "not in" when I got there.
Pros
Learned good standing positions for when you are on your feet for long periods of time.
Cons
No breaks, employees were not very nice
Good and bad
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 July 2016
It is not up to safety regulations, the male workers make the place very uncomfortable with their advances towards underage girls working there. although there were good hours and it gave you flexibility with your hours and when you worked.

2.7