Dairy Queen Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
It was a good experience.
cashier (Former Employee), Scarborough,ONNovember 29, 2015
We worked hard, and definitely earned our money. Some things could be different, like breaks and a little bit more pay. Overall had fun and enjoyed the experience.
Fun work place
Dairy Clerk (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONNovember 27, 2015
Pros: Meet new people, discount on the food
Cons: need new owners, needs more hours and a break time.
This is a fun work place to work at I wasn't there very long due to complications with my boss, I think there should be more camera that have access to each and every spot at the work place, it was my first job I enjoyed it but due to everything that went down I had to quite it.
Great Place for a First Job
Laborer (Former Employee), Stayner, ONNovember 25, 2015
Pros: Good Staff
Cons: Very overbearing management
Dairy Queen is a nice place to start working, especially for a first job. The average labor in a day is not heavy when kitchen staff (people prefer the ice cream more often than the food). They will train you to use the chemicals and cleaners they use properly and the small location makes this a very easy job. The staff was probably the best part of the job as they are all friendly and work oriented. The management of Dairy Queen is very strict but forgiving. They will not make it the end of the world on small mistakes, but they will make a point for more grievous mistakes.
Life as an employer at Dairy Queen
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 24, 2015
Pros: Free Ice Cream
Cons: Nothing really
Typical hours ranging from 5-10.
Improved customer service skills dealing with a variety of customers.
Managers were great, very flexible with hours.
Co-workers performed well as a team no complaints.
Hardest part of the job was finding more things to do on a slow day.
Most enjoyable part of the job was being in a good environment with an excellent team. So, that everything moved smoothly.
Productive and fun to work with my co workers
fast-food service attendant (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 21, 2015
This job provided a two week training session which helped me memorize the recipes and be fast on my feet. Also, this job had a friendly environment.
Fun Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Bowmanville, ONNovember 10, 2015
Pros: Good Hours
Cons: no discounts while not working
I loved all of my co-workers, they were awesome. I would usually show up for work and already know prior to where i was working (chill, cash, or drive thru). I would punch in and get straight to work.
not very satisfactory
staff (Former Employee), truesdale Regina, SKNovember 10, 2015
Pros: free meals for full time staff
Cons: not enough hours
politics at work makes the staff work very uncomfortable. staff meeting rarely happened thats why some concerns wont be able to tackle. Short staffed and no actions done.
Fun and exciting work envirionment
Food & Beverage Sales Associate/ Key Holder (Former Employee), Thronhill, ONNovember 10, 2015
Pros: long hours
Cons: very busy
Had a close relationship with my boss. Loved working with my Co-workers. At timed the store would get very busy during the summer which caused me to develop exceptional skills in working in a fast pace environment. Also developed new skills as a key holder in closing and opening the store.
Upbeat workplace with great co-workers
Server/Cashier (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONNovember 9, 2015
Pros: 50% off food during your break
Cons: Only get discounts while you're on break
A typical day at work would be busy and fast-paced. I learnt how to make every kind of blizzard along with how to improve my communication skills with customers along with solving situations. Management was somewhat understanding but would publicly write about workers on the backboard. My coworkers were great to work with, they were very positive and hard-working. The hardest part of the job was simply keeping my uniform clean due to working with ice cream and candy pieces. In conclusion, the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know new people and seeing the smiles on customers faces.
Dairy Queen
Casher/Drive Thru (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 6, 2015
The other employees where very nice and helpfule and the hours where pretty great.
The costumers where nice for the most part and the area was easy to get to.
First Job
Cashier (Former Employee), Markham, ONNovember 5, 2015
Pros: Sales experiance
Cons: Salary
As my first job, it was a milestone that I crossed. Meeting different characters in a daily basis. Relating to each customers by understanding their tastes. This job educated me of the basic foundation of sales.
great place
cashier (Former Employee), Vegreville, ABNovember 3, 2015
thank you very much. it was a great place to work. i was kept busy.i really liked working there.this is all i have to say about that.
Great Work Environment
Supervisor (Current Employee), Port Moody, BCNovember 3, 2015
Pros: Lovely staff, flexible hours
Cons: Minimum wage, raises are rare
The atmosphere at this DQ is very welcoming and comfortable. The staff are friendly and the management is very understanding when it comes to a life-work balance. Although the pay is not great and pay raises are rare, it will be given to those who show constant and efficient work.
love working for them very flexable and easy going
Cashier (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCNovember 1, 2015
Pros: gives lost of time off with out questions or concerns
Cons: no benfits no where to movie up low pay
work as a cashier serving costumers and delivering them food at there tables working the drive threw cashier and head set also making ice cream and food.
Good employees, great management
Till/Drive through attendant (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKNovember 1, 2015
they where great with time off and working around my school/homework responsibility's. the coworkers where respectful. working with the customers was one of the best parts of the job. The fast food industry however inst really my preferred line of work.
fun working at Dairy Queen
Cashier (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCOctober 29, 2015
Pros: can book work off anytime with out question or concern
Cons: only part time no benifits doesnt pay well.
working with costumers and cashier and serving costumers food also doing drive threw and working in chill making ice cream and blizzards and Sundays. cleaning and making sure everything looks good and organized and keeping things stocked up. doing dishes and working with cash threw out the day.
Very high energy
Cashier, Crew Member (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 26, 2015
Pros: work environment
Cons: Messy job.
Great atmosphere, Good training and mentoring. Fun and supportive management. Always had great colleagues to work with. Over all great work environment.
Had trouble at the beginning making sure I got the curl at the end of each cone or sundae.
Server, Cashier, Customer Service. (Former Employee), Barrie, ONOctober 20, 2015
Pros: you got 50% off food while you worked your schedule and 20% when you weren't working.
Cons: when it was busy hard to get your break unless you asked for it.
Well, not enough hours it was part time but if it rained and it wasn't busy even if you are scheduled to go in you may work a hour or something and they never paid for three hours. They will send you home.
Dairy Queen Cashier / Team Member Job Description
Cashier (Former Employee), Halifax, NSOctober 15, 2015
Pros: nice staff
Cons: short hours
As a Team Member at Dairy Queen, the main duty and responsibility is to provide customers the highest form of customer service satisfaction which may include but not limited to taking and receiving orders, processing payments, giving the exact change and above all, responding appropriately to whatever the customer needs. Team Members at Dairy Queen also need to prepare the products on the menu list based on the company’s service philosophy. They must also follow the standards when it comes to maintaining the safety and cleanliness of the work environment at all times.
dairy queen good company
cashier/clerk (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 9, 2015
it is a good company,unfortunately does not have good hours during winter season due to lower amount of costumers. everyone's friendly, costumer service is great