Dairy Queen

Dairy Queen Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced
Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, onMarch 24, 2015
Fast paced environment with good staff. Independently owned and run well. On very busy days company owner provides staff with food
Good part-time place to start working at.
Cashier and Frontline Server (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 22, 2015
Pros: easy job
Cons: when you get rude customers.
I would make blizzards, prepare foods in bags or on trays and serve customers. It was a fast paced environment so I learned to get the job as best and quick as possible. Having friends made it fun, because we would but also enjoy the company of each other around.
fun to work with.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCMarch 13, 2015
Pros: free meal
Cons: benifit
I do enjoy working in my current job, the culture and the people are fun to work with, but looking forward for more challenges and advance opportunity and career goals.
work versus life
Food counter attendant (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCMarch 10, 2015
Pros: 50% discount
Cons: long hours
working days was fine and pleasing to work, just like any other jobs, tiring. i learn a lot by working in Dairy Queen, improving my multi-tasking skills and sense, food handling, costumer relationship and more. About the management, i can say that the management is not well oriented, sometimes people do not understand each other because of how the management works in the store, some are like to do things on their own way even thou it is not approved by the higher management, they do things accordingly by their own standards not by the store's standards. The people i work with are fine and fun the be with while working, but we can't avoid working to people that we can't get along while working. For me the hardest part of the job but fun is when the times like the higher management or the owner of the store comes in and suddenly ask the others to come inside the office and suddenly they having a meeting and i'm working in all 4 working station in the store by my self. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is when i work and make the people who comes in and i make them laugh and smile.
Serving Customers with joy
Supervisor (Former Employee), Moncton, NB CanadaMarch 1, 2015
Pros: discounted meals
Cons: late nights
I typically worked evenings and Saturday's at DQ because I was in college. I learned how to fill customer's orders swiftly and accurately by working together with my team of co-workers. The management was very helpful in learning the skills needed to work there and clear with their helpful corrections. Some co-workers did very well and others were not as helpful. The hardest part of the job was working fast enough. The most enjoyable part of the job was putting a smile on the customer's face. :)
The owner wasn't very understanding and didn't treat employees with respect
Crew member (Former Employee), sudbury, onFebruary 25, 2015
She would constantly talk down to me as if I wasn't my age and I was a five year old. She would give me very little hours and claim that my age was the issue while the next employee the same age as me was doing other things that I should have been doing as well
I like working with ice cream and learn to make treats
Customer Service (Former Employee), Richmond HillFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: enjoying the food and dealing with the public
Cons: no benefits change of management no free food
It was ok; but change of management. The hardest part was getting the cakes done for customer orders. I also worked as a cashier to serve customers. I liked the ice cream treats. You can't please everyone.
great first job
Prep/Line Cook (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: great enviroment
Cons: wage
my team was like family, work was always a busy place.
learned a lot of customer service skills and multi tasking skills
I highly young workers to work at places that involve team work as this is essential in the future
Fun, Enjoyable place to work!
Crew Member (Former Employee), Perth, ONFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: discounts, friendly customers, good work enviroment
A Typical day of work would be coming in 15 minutes before your shifts and making sure your out on the floor a few minutes ahead of time. Cleaning in spare time, helping co workers out.
I learned that you have to be very consistent with your work or customers may expect more/less of what you make.
Management was fantastic, friendly and extremely helpful. There always out on the floor and help you solve problems if needed.
CO workers were very nice and friendly to new employees, they work together to make a great team.
Hardest part of the job would when co workers forget to communicate during a rush of people, and accidentally sending off the wrong product to the wrong people.
The most enjoyable part of working at Dairy queen would be that it was really fun to work there, Making ice cream and writing on cakes. Serving customers and making them happy.
Fun and exciting job
Front girl and cook (Former Employee), Victoria, B.CFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: sometimes messy environment
My typical day at work varied day to day. It was always very exciting to go to work and interact with the community for the entire shift. I learned how to problem solve, and more importantly how to become better at interacting with various ages and cultures. I have never had an issue with the management at Dairy Queen, they treated all workers equally and were very understanding when I quit after three years to go to school. I got along very well with all the co-workers and enjoyed working with each and every one of them. The hardest part of the job was trying to work through the long line ups during summer time. The most enjoyable part of the job was by far interacting with all the different customers.
Typical fast food Job
Crew Member (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: store discounts
Cons: minumum wage
Work for minimum wage.
Hours are manageable.
Great co-workers.
Management is very flexible for availability and scheduling.
great first job and amazing service
cook and clerk (Former Employee), Williams Lake, BCFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: to enough hours
i found out really fast that if you didn't communicate with your co-workrs lots of mistakes would be made and the customers wouldn't be very happy
Fast paced enviroment with helpful co-workers
Food handler, Customer service (Current Employee), Parry Sound, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: 1/2 price lunches
Cons: hot working enviroment
On a daily basis I would come in prep food, take temperatures, and get ready for the lunch rush. The lunch rush can be quite hectic, but it would quiet down and then dishes could be done, floors could be swept and mopped, and more preparation could begin in between customers. Co-workers are helpful to each other and pitch in where we can. Customers can be pleasant or unhappy and I have learned to enjoy the pleasant ones and problem solve to rectify problems with the unhappy ones. I enjoy working with the public and get along well with other co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing happy children with ice cream and smiles.
Nice place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Port Perry, ONFebruary 2, 2015
I enjoyed the job when I first started, but then the store was sold and got new owners, and I didn't enjoy my job so much anymore. My hours got cut, and the job wasn't what it used to be.
fast paced
Supervisor. (Former Employee), st johns nlJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: fun fast paced
Cons: understaffed
I was a supervisor, dealing with all operations of the store. opening and closing and cash handling and deposits,decorating cakes, handling cash, supervision of staff
Productive and Entertaining Management
COOK/SERVER/CASHIER (Former Employee), Keswick, ONJanuary 28, 2015
While working at Dairy Queen, the staff was very entertaining and east to work with. A lot of us were close friends which made it really easy to get along with each other and even easier to get the job done. The part that I hated the most about working at Dairy Queen was having to cook food and go in and out of the freezer in the winter time. Other then that I enjoined working there.
friendly
cashier/cleaning duty (Former Employee), Edmonton ABJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: blizzard bucks
Cons: smelt bad
at dairy queen i would deal with many customers a day and hand out their food. all the workers got along and respected one other. everything was pretty laid back and not to much of a task for me to do. the most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customers because i got to see different personalities
cashier/cake decorator
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: long hours
A typical day at this job included opening the store, decorating cakes, putting the cakes in the display case, taking customer orders, working on cash, cleaning the store at the end of the day and closing the store. The hardest part of the job was the long hours.
DQ review
Crew Member (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 13, 2015
It was a sold job to work at
it was pretty fast paced in the summer but slower when school went back.
management and coworkers where great
Dairy Queen was just a typical fast food restaurant
Volunteer Experience (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: free lunch
A typical day at dairy queen would start out with cleaning until lunch then afterwards helping out with orders and keeping the place clean.

About Dairy Queen

Dairy Queen, often abbreviated DQ, is a chain of soft serve and fast food restaurants owned by International Dairy Queen, Inc, – Read more