Dairy Queen

2.9K reviews

Dairy Queen Employee Reviews

Dairy Queen Cashier / Team Member Job Description
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSOctober 15, 2015
As a Team Member at Dairy Queen, the main duty and responsibility is to provide customers the highest form of customer service satisfaction which may include but not limited to taking and receiving orders, processing payments, giving the exact change and above all, responding appropriately to whatever the customer needs. Team Members at Dairy Queen also need to prepare the products on the menu list based on the company’s service philosophy. They must also follow the standards when it comes to maintaining the safety and cleanliness of the work environment at all times.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
short hours
dairy queen good company
cashier/clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 9, 2015
it is a good company,unfortunately does not have good hours during winter season due to lower amount of costumers. everyone's friendly, costumer service is great
Productive and Fun
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBOctober 5, 2015
At this job I was able to learn how to communicate and work with people on a regular basis. Some of my duties at this job were serving customers,supervising staff and cake decorating. Co-workers were the absolute nicest. Everyone seemed to get a long. The hardest part of this job was probably the cake decorating. Took a while to get it right. The most enjoyable part of this job was the people I got to interact with and meet throughout the years working here.
productive and happy atmosphere at work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  airdrie, ABOctober 1, 2015
Dairy queen is a fun place to work. a typical work day would be you taking orders, helping customers, taking food out. tha hardest part of the job is the cleaning aspect beaucause you have to clean walls and floors and windows and doors and everything else.
Pros
50% off food and free drinks
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ONSeptember 27, 2015
I enjoyed working here for the years I did. The hours were steady and stable, the management was reasonable and they ran the business efficiently. I would recommend any student to take a part-time job here to gain work experience to understand what it means to work in customer service.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONSeptember 26, 2015
Fun place to work. Great Staff!!! As being a part of the Management Team when we worked together boy did our team rock!!! Way to go DQ keep on rocking on!
Milieu de travail petit mais efficace.
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 26, 2015
Collegue sympathique. La partie la plus difficile du travail est lors de la fermeture lorsque nous devons ramasser. La partie la plus amusante est lorsque nous devons servir la creme glacé au client.
Pros
Crème Glacé gratuite
Cons
Le fait que ca ferme a 00h00 meme lorsqu'il y a peut de client
A wonderful place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONSeptember 19, 2015
I loved my job at Dairy Queen Lorne street in Sudbury. The management team is exceptional, the staff are kind and welcoming and the work place was always clean and organized. I was forced to leave when I moved but had I stayed in the area I would most likely still be working there today. Overall I had a wonderful experience and would recommend it to anyone looking for a part-time or full-time job.
Pros
kind staff
Cons
booking hours off could be a challenge
Busy Workplace
Front Staff (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABSeptember 17, 2015
Busy at summer and slow at winter but overall it is a fun workplace. I learned a lot about keeping the place neat and tidy. my co-workers are fun to work with but not all of them are. the hardest part of the job is when i work til closing because it is very tiring compared to an 8 hour shift in the morning. the most enjoyable part of my job is when i learn how to make something for a customer and provide them the best service i could to satisfy their needs.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
short hours
Always something to do
Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 16, 2015
The job had awesome people and a lot of things to do. If the store was busy or not you were getting work done. A small environment of space but lots of co workers.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short hours

Want to know more about Dairy Queen?

Ask a question
love this place nice staff and management
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Devon, ABSeptember 15, 2015
I like this place to work nice staff and management and great benefits the most enjoyable part is to cook for the customers
Pros
great staff, and management
Cons
not enough hours
The environment was fun, though sometimes stressful.
Cashier/Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AlbertaSeptember 4, 2015
A regular day working for me was first setting up the broiler and deep fryers, if I ever had a problem the management would make sure to help me learn until I got it right. I would then bake most of the food for the customers during my shift, with the occasional help from my supervisors. If I worked until closing, I would clean and put away all of the cooking supplies. My co-workers were always fun to be around, and even though there was some tension and animosity between some of us at first, we were able to see past it and cooperate. The hardest part about working at Dairy Queen was the combination of the busy rush hour and the lack of employees, as our location had no more than six people working at a time. However, the relationships I built with the people I worked with and the experience I gained would definitely had made working there a plus.
Gain experience working with different staff and customer
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 27, 2015
Working at Dairy Queen has taught me to deal with different customers and needs.
Working with different people ,different ages and learn how to deal with co-workers.
Able to know each co-worker, customer and know what they like at Dairy Queen.
Pros
free pops
Cons
long line ups
boring
Cashier/ Drive thru (Former Employee) –  Rosetown, SKAugust 24, 2015
the job was boring really no room for promotion no room for much of anything the back area where food and drinks were made is so fricking small
productive workplace
Cashier/Service Crew (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 19, 2015
typical day at work is serving the customers such as foods and ice cream and giving the best that I can. I learned to deal with the customer's complaint calmly and talk to them with full respect.
My co-workers is hardworking and very helpful to each other
Pros
fun working there
Cons
short hours
Management was friendly and easy to talk to, but the supervisors were lazy and rude.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Smithers, BCAugust 6, 2015
If the supervisors were more on the ball with their jobs, and kinda to those they worked with, it would have made working more enjoyable. Sometimes we were short staffed and that made for hectic times when rushes came in. Management was really friendly and understanding though.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
End up covered in ice cream, get cold hands
Fast-paced, positive environment that focuses on teamwork
SHIFT LEADER (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, ONAugust 5, 2015
Working at Dairy Queen has been a very good experience. The employees are trained to be positive and upbeat, and the customers respond with positive attitudes in return. Although it is an environment that focuses on teamwork, employees are still individually recognized for hard work and effort. A typical day involves serving customers ice cream and food as well as cleaning and organizing the store. I developed both teamwork and leadership skills as a Shift Leader and had the opportunity to enrich my customer service experience. .The hardest part of the job can be that it is a very high-stress environment with lots of people to manage. However, I do enjoy the hustle and rush of a busy day despite how hectic it can seem at times and enjoy taking charge in those moments.
Pros
50% off of food
Cons
Busiest on the weekends
Lots of experience.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCJuly 28, 2015
Working here was great, it gave me the chances I needed to improve and move up in the company. I learned many skills including how to better communicate with customers, as well as co workers. I learned time management, as well as I learned how to work under stressful situations. Seeing as I was a supervisor I did have a lot of responsibilities such as handling cash, and managing my co workers.
productive work place
cashier (Former Employee) –  edmonton abJuly 27, 2015
the people were grate loved working here.Had a great experience lots of happy people the managers were so helpful and friendly.
Messy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Camrose, ABJuly 22, 2015
This job was very messy from what I can remember. Yea we got food and I guess a good wage, but it all wasn't that organized. Foreign people took over more than half of the workers there so it got very frustrating on how to understand what they wanted,
Pros
somewhat free food
Cons
messy