Dairy Queen Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 January 2018
My overall review about dairy queen is low because I didn't have the best experience there. Making ice cream is very fun but there are so many negative employees. The workplace is not very sanitary and I don't believe that I would recommend anyone to apply there.
Pros
50% off all items on menu
Cons
Too many shifts per week and unsanitary
Idk
Food Prep/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB3 January 2018
I made sandwiches and and then cheese burgers and got all the orders ready to serve for takeout or dine in, I also sometimes cleaned the grills and deep fryers if I worked late shift
Amazing Workplace
Server and Paid (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS3 January 2018
Loved working there, just couldn't do it while going to school. So I had to quit. The workers are amazing and the bosses are great. One of the best places to work.
Pros
Great pay.
Cons
Strange hours
Hated the whole expierience
Cashier/Food Preparation (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 January 2018
Working at this location was pure torture everyday I had to work. The owner was very rude, racist, unfair, unprofessional, and never treated any of the workers with any dignity or respect.
good co workers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB27 December 2017
a good place to work, good people, hard to make sure everything is made to order for everyone but is possible just gotta be patient just not enough hours for me
Pros
discount on food/ice cream
Cons
not enough hours
Amazing staff creates a wonderful work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dollard-Des Ormeaux, QC24 December 2017
When the staff member are able to get along so easily, the work becomes fun. Everyone at Dairy Queen is super nice and understanding, we're almost like family. The work is varied and everyone learns to do a bit of everything which makes for an interesting work day.
Pros
Amazing staff, fun work, good hours
Cons
Not a lot of breaks given for long shifts
A good job for high school students
Front (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB23 December 2017
Teaches cashier skills, workers learn to function in a busy environment. Poor training program, often leaving trainees to fend for themselves. Typical day includes busy rushes and dead lulls.
Loved it!
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON21 December 2017
Bosses were great and very considerate to personal lives of employees. Over the three years I had spent working at Dairy Queen I had never felt a reason to leave other than craving a change in scenery.
Busy place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB20 December 2017
Working at dq is great if you like fast pace and interacting with customers, it can be difficult if you get a disgruntled customer but other than that it's pretty fun
Nice people, fast job
Grill boy (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON19 December 2017
Show up in the early or late afternoon and work a pretty short shift. Learned a lot about the food industry and fast food. The management was great if you needed to come in a little late due to bus times or cancellations than they would shift it over. Manager and co-workers were nice and would rush to help me if it was needed. The hardest part of the job was keeping up as I was the only one in the kitchen you are expected to keep up with the orders that come flying in. The people were the most enjoyable part of the job if I ever needed help or needed something a co-worker would do their best to help me out
Pros
co-workers, time management skills enhance
Cons
A lot to do before closing
Work is chill and has a lot of freedom
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 December 2017
Employees can take breaks whenever they like. A lot of freedom to be on your phone after work is done, etc. We get a 25% discount which is nice.

The managers can sometimes sound rude but it's just the way they talk sometimes,
Fast paced
Team member (Former Employee) –  Castlegar, BC15 December 2017
A good first job. Helps you appreciate it when you get a real job especially after college.
Great team members, people are generally nice. Customers face light up when they get their ice cream/blizzard. That's good to see.
Pros
New blizzards, burgers free
Cons
Hours decline in the winter
Fast paced environment with great Management
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 December 2017
Family owned restaurant with a positive work environment and great Management. Developed leadership and interpersonal skills. Dealt with customer concerns and employee issues which at times would be tough but was a positive learning experience in the end and helped gain trust and faithfulness from customers and staff. Bi-weekly ADP Payroll input gave an exposure to the labor laws and employee rights. Weekly scheduling of up to 45 employees to ensure adequate staff. Great rapport with customers in the community.
Casual, very fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cache Creek, BC12 December 2017
I really miss working here. I gained a lot of experience with many different types of customers and had a few people that were really great to work with.
easy, fast paced, beginner level customer service
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 December 2017
Dairy Queen is a great place to work especially for young teens looking for part time work. The hours are very flexible and the management is very understanding.
Pros
enhances customer service skills
Cons
lots of clean up duty
Fun workplace with poor management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 December 2017
A typical day at work involved handling customers and fulfilling their orders. Management was very poor, communication between employees and managers wasn't the greatest.
To many lies to little time not enough employees and when they over worked me they fire me a day be for my 3 months with out a reason
Cook (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 December 2017
I want nothing to do with that place along side they have to many loop holes to mess you over and fire you on the spot the people are not fair I don't know for sure about the rest of the places but mine was surely one of the worst
Pros
There was no pros the boss took them away even the free food
Cons
Money stolen (plus other), to many hours with out overtime, i got three raises but never got them, everyone lies and makes there own rules, it was just not even considered a work place
Fast Food Worker (Current Employee) –  British Columbia2 December 2017
My usual day at Dairy Queen starts by checking stock levels and stocking things accordingly, doing food safe temperatures for my shift, making novelties such as Dilly Bars, DQ Sandwiches, and Buster Bars. During the summer, customers are very constant and most of the sales go to chill, but during the winter it gets very slow and I end up finding random cleaning jobs to do most of the time like cleaning windows, cleaning behind everything, and cleaning under things that aren't usually the first thought to clean.
Pros
Very friendly staff
Cons
Not enough hours in winter
good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 November 2017
good place to work had fun working with the people but at times the management was not organized at all especially on scheduling people to work because at time we would have mo than we need and vice versa
Was a cool Experience, worked with alot of my close friends and just enjoyed most of the experience
Customer Service/Grill (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 November 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was that i got to talk and get to know alot of new people. The hardest part was learning all the postitions. A regular day of work was getting changed and preparing all the burgers and stuff and get evrything ready to go.
Pros
got 50% off food and also got to make it myself
Cons
wasnt very flexable with my shcedule