Dairy Queen

Dairy Queen Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and exciting job
Front girl and cook (Former Employee), Victoria, B.CFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: sometimes messy environment
My typical day at work varied day to day. It was always very exciting to go to work and interact with the community for the entire shift. I learned how to problem solve, and more importantly how to become better at interacting with various ages and cultures. I have never had an issue with the management at Dairy Queen, they treated all workers equally and were very understanding when I quit after three years to go to school. I got along very well with all the co-workers and enjoyed working with each and every one of them. The hardest part of the job was trying to work through the long line ups during summer time. The most enjoyable part of the job was by far interacting with all the different customers.
Typical fast food Job
Crew Member (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: store discounts
Cons: minumum wage
Work for minimum wage.
Hours are manageable.
Great co-workers.
Management is very flexible for availability and scheduling.
great first job and amazing service
cook and clerk (Former Employee), Williams Lake, BCFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: to enough hours
i found out really fast that if you didn't communicate with your co-workrs lots of mistakes would be made and the customers wouldn't be very happy
Fast paced enviroment with helpful co-workers
Food handler, Customer service (Current Employee), Parry Sound, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: 1/2 price lunches
Cons: hot working enviroment
On a daily basis I would come in prep food, take temperatures, and get ready for the lunch rush. The lunch rush can be quite hectic, but it would quiet down and then dishes could be done, floors could be swept and mopped, and more preparation could begin in between customers. Co-workers are helpful to each other and pitch in where we can. Customers can be pleasant or unhappy and I have learned to enjoy the pleasant ones and problem solve to rectify problems with the unhappy ones. I enjoy working with the public and get along well with other co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing happy children with ice cream and smiles.
Nice place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Port Perry, ONFebruary 2, 2015
I enjoyed the job when I first started, but then the store was sold and got new owners, and I didn't enjoy my job so much anymore. My hours got cut, and the job wasn't what it used to be.
fast paced
Supervisor. (Former Employee), st johns nlJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: fun fast paced
Cons: understaffed
I was a supervisor, dealing with all operations of the store. opening and closing and cash handling and deposits,decorating cakes, handling cash, supervision of staff
Productive and Entertaining Management
COOK/SERVER/CASHIER (Former Employee), Keswick, ONJanuary 28, 2015
While working at Dairy Queen, the staff was very entertaining and east to work with. A lot of us were close friends which made it really easy to get along with each other and even easier to get the job done. The part that I hated the most about working at Dairy Queen was having to cook food and go in and out of the freezer in the winter time. Other then that I enjoined working there.
friendly
cashier/cleaning duty (Former Employee), Edmonton ABJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: blizzard bucks
Cons: smelt bad
at dairy queen i would deal with many customers a day and hand out their food. all the workers got along and respected one other. everything was pretty laid back and not to much of a task for me to do. the most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customers because i got to see different personalities
cashier/cake decorator
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: long hours
A typical day at this job included opening the store, decorating cakes, putting the cakes in the display case, taking customer orders, working on cash, cleaning the store at the end of the day and closing the store. The hardest part of the job was the long hours.
DQ review
Crew Member (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 13, 2015
It was a sold job to work at
it was pretty fast paced in the summer but slower when school went back.
management and coworkers where great
Dairy Queen was just a typical fast food restaurant
Volunteer Experience (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: free lunch
A typical day at dairy queen would start out with cleaning until lunch then afterwards helping out with orders and keeping the place clean.
good work
icecream packager (Former Employee), Surrey, BCDecember 31, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: work experience
the workplace was fun and safe environment i learned alot of thinga and also the hardest part was it was busy around noon. the co workers where very nice
Very good learning experiance
Supervisor/ Cashier (Current Employee), Cornwall, ONDecember 20, 2014
Pros: the discount
Cons: not many hours during the winter
As for being one of my first jobs, working at Dairy Queen was a very good experiance for learning client interactions. While working at Dairy Queen for 2 years, a typical day was comming in, checking if anyone needs to be served check to see if there are cleaning jobs to do while it is not busy and if your shift extends to clean up, you would do the taks for clean up, (cleaning ice cream machines, cleaning, sweeping and mopping the floors, doing the dishes and putting all the approriate things to their spots).
Dairy Queen summary
cashier/food handler (Former Employee), Elliot Lake, ONDecember 19, 2014
Pros: positive place to work
Cons: poorly managed
I worked at Dairy Queen in Elliot Lake, Ontario. I was responsible for handling cash, managing cake orders, and obtaining a clean restaurant and handling food and ice-cream. It was a fun positive environment to work! I learned great customer service skilled as I got to practice them everyday with the friendly customers of Elliot Lake. My co workers were great, we all got along. The hardest part of the job was maintaing everything, because no matter how much I would clean everyday, the store was poorly managed by others, so when I came back the next day, all my work I had done would just be a mess again. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to participate in such a great environment and meet all the great new friends and obtain all the awesome new skills I learned.
Good First Job
Frozen Dairy Maker (Former Employee), Niagara FallsDecember 10, 2014
Pros: good work environment, fun setting, customers were great
Cons: work procedures change often, strict uniform guidelines, cheap fixes
This was my very first job. It was very good meeting new people and making some friends I still have today. It taught me all the basic knowledge needed to excel in the work force. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people and making friends
Productive fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Albert, ABNovember 16, 2014
Although Dairy Queen was not financially ideal, it was definitely one of the most fun places I have ever worked. I enjoyed the people I worked with, I became experienced with all the tasks expected from me, and I enjoyed going to work every day.
fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), WinnipegNovember 15, 2014
My Dairy queen was amazing, Every time i would walk into work and see the other girls and we would just have so much fun while still getting our job fun. One time i won the most points for making customers laugh and smile.
Dairy Queen
Customer service (Former Employee), Campbell River, B.C.October 31, 2014
Pros: job culture
Cons: salary; not enough hours
• Customer service;
• Cashier duties;
• Cleaning and maintenance.
Fun workplace and new experience
cook (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 25, 2014
Pros: free dinner
Cons: long hours
Making new Ice cream and meals everyday.
Ice cream cake decoration.
A fast paced job that is fun and rewarding.
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Owen Sound, ONOctober 24, 2014
Pros: free ice cream, friendly customers and coworkers, flexible scheduling, and caring bosses.
This job requires you to have good communication skills, an ability to work well under pressure as well as being able to quickly prepare quality food and ice cream treats. A typical day at work is between 4-10 hours depending on what shift you are scheduled on. Morning shifts can start at 9am or 11am. If you start at 9, you would be doing the list of things that need to be cleaned that morning. If you start at 11 you can unlock the doors and help make sure that everything is filled from the night before. Through the shift, the workers make an effort to keep everything clean and filled. They also make an effort to make novelties (cakes, buster bars etc.) if it is not very busy. When the shift ends the morning shift makes sure everything if filled and that the garbage is changed for the night shift. During the night shift they also try to keep everything clean and filled, as well as working on novelties. Once the store is closed the people on night shift begin cleaning everything and switching the containers that the toppings are in, making sure that the new toppings are put into the bottom of a new container so the older ones get used first. Once everything is filled and cleaned the workers write down their hours and get to go home.

About Dairy Queen

Dairy Queen, often abbreviated DQ, is a chain of soft serve and fast food restaurants owned by International Dairy Queen, Inc, – Read more