Dairy Queen Employee Reviews

Dairy Queen
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dalton, ON912 June 2017
My reviw for Dq is okay i have been working there for over a year now and when i started off it was a great job but latter on it got really stressful and it gets hard because if you make the smallest mistake you get in quit a bit of truble more then i think it should be, but that also depends on who your working with. It is a fun place to work though and a great starting off job. Im looking for another job now because im just looking for something new.
Pros
Wright food you take down and they will take it off your next pay plus 50% off everything
Cons
Not enough hours
It's a very progessive and very friendly place. Fellow co-workers are very fun to work with.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB12 June 2017
When I first started at DQ everyone is really friendly. That way I learned easily because they're friendly. I started getting comfortable doing my job and always keeping my head up. The DQ Team always focus on co-operation and that's how we get things done.
Pros
50% Discount for food
Cons
Unpaid Breaks
Really Enjoyed this job
Counter Server (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 June 2017
Loved working here. Always friendly people to work with, was given great hours and my boss was very friendly and accommodating . Quite a busy work environment, caused you always to be on the go.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Location, Seasonal position
It was great
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK11 June 2017
The job was great and the management was understanding. Overall just an all out great experience as far as work experiences go. Highly recommend working here
mediocre
Cashier, Chill, Grill (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 June 2017
the managers are wonderful but the staff are awful they dont do their jobs when the owners are not in the store

i clean everything, expo food and chill products, take orders and do drive thru
Fun workplace, great for a first job.
Counter Server (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB9 June 2017
A typical day working at Dairy Queen included taking customers orders and then preparing their meals and\or their drinks.
Working with other team members to achieve ultimate success.
Handling drive thru orders.
While employed by Dairy Queen I learned about food safety and proper sanitation techniques.
Pros
Discounted food items
Cons
no room for career advancements
Productive work place with lots of hours in the summer time
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC8 June 2017
it is great place to work especially the DQ l worked at on Highway 33 in Rutland Kelowna BC. They is great job security, good management and friendly employees. The job does not pay great , No benefits
Pros
free lunches discounted
Cons
Bad pay without benefits
Good
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 June 2017
I have worked at DQ for over 2 and a half years and have enjoyed it and have learned a lot. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with customer complaints but normally customers are friendly. I have definitely developed patience, customer service, team skills, time management, and responsibility while working at DQ.
Pros
Hour flexibility, friendly staff
Cons
Customer complaints, salary
Fun work
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ON7 June 2017
Dairy Queen is a great place to work with lots of happy customers. I worked there for a year now but it didn't quite suit me. The employees where all great
Perfect team work in work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sydney River, NS6 June 2017
The place is incredible to work with. All the staff is amazing! I enjoyed working in such a wonderful place and it's very tidy and everything is organized and well put. all the staff is incredible to the customers! always coming back to us.
Pros
good hours in the summer
Cons
really short hours in the winter
Cashier (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON6 June 2017
Easy to learn how to make the blizzards and meals, shifts aren't to long, close at a decent time if you are in school, two 15 minute breaks, if working food is 50% off and drinks are free.
Also a great place to gain valuable work experience
Cook (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB6 June 2017
A great place to gain valuable experience especially if you are just starting out and realizing the real world. Has an easygoing workplace environment.
Good learning
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 June 2017
It was a good experience and offered not free lunches but at a 50% discount for employees.Fun working and lots to learn but limited pay and no pay difference between new and existing employees
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
Favourism
friendly people
Cashier and kitchen (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 June 2017
Since I worked in Dairy Queen for 3 years I learned how to do a kitchen , how to make a cake. How to give a lot of patience for drunk customer. Ever day we are busy in Dairy Queen because Every month we have a different deals.If it's not busy we are doing some cleaning or making some novelties or helping some of our co-worker. We help each other, if they didn't ask any help I'm still going to help them because for me, they are liked my Family.
nice and good service
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC2 June 2017
very nice working people especially the management ,exellent custumer service!and the asian tall guy.lol.he was very good in writing the cake and he was so cute.lol.keep it up guys!
Pros
cakes
High paced and open inviroment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC30 May 2017
Although my time was brief, team building seems nearly identical in almost every workplace. Staff were encouraged to play their own music and were also encouraged to look out for the other staff.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Very youth heavy staff
nice people in a cramped disgusting enviroment
Cook / Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC29 May 2017
Dairy queen was not a very enjoyable place. most of the duties were making the food which was easy and became muscle memory the other stuff was mostly doing cleaning to close the store. most of the time it'd be busy enough to coast through the shift and just work till your off but when it wasn't my manager would make me find things to do when there weren't any. the main problem i had with it was that the AC didn't work so it was extremely hot and overall a horrible environment that i dreaded to be in. the best thing was definitely the co workers who were all very relatable and nice people
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
gross kitchen
my first job
Blizzard tech/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Devon, AB29 May 2017
Being a young high-school student seeking work, for the dream of flying out over seas to Japan. i gained employment at a place called dairy queen. when working at such place i always placed customers needs first and then my tasks. this was the stepping stone to my foot in a real life door. not only did i learn to multitask i learn responsibility. after three long years and a few stitches i hing up my apron to seek a different kind of work experience.
dq
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC24 May 2017
It is an enjoyable place to work and co-workers are very nice and polite. Some Managers are rude but most are super polite and approachable. In the summer it gets super busy
Pros
enjoyable, and great discount
Cons
Long hours, Giiven shifts on booked off days
Hard work mopping and lifting
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB24 May 2017
Not consistent shifts
I learned how a fast food business runs
Management did what they had to do as an owner/manager
The lifting and mopping was difficult on the back
I enjoyed the people we dealt with.
Pros
Meeting customers
Cons
Inconsistent shifts while raising a family