Dairy Queen Employee Reviews

Great part time job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Caledonia, ON7 April 2017
Good part time job, very accommodating to school schedule. Love my manager and everyone I work with. Hours rang from 10-4 and 4-10. Slow during the winter which is nice for students in school, and you get a lot of hours during the summer.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 April 2017
It's a good place to first work at but after a while it shows that it isn't very good.
You can only use your 50% off while your working that's understandable but if you work once a week it really makes no sense.
Pros
Good first job
Cons
Nobody would talk English.
Front Counter Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 April 2017
This was a great summer job, i made ice cream and worked the counter. The management was not very good resulting in me not going back. Overall, not a bad job if the management is good.
Ideal first job, very informative
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Canada3 April 2017
Great place to work, great people I worked with and a very rewarding first job. I learned lots about how to count money and work tills, clean the machines, and deal with customers. I learned leadership skills that will help me out in future jobs.
Horrible
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2017
I do not recommend it whatsoever. Staff is unprofessional, management is chaotic, disorganized and bossy. The place is disgusting, their appliances are dirt rot cheap ew...
Worked hard
Cafeteria Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON2 April 2017
Enjoyed my time there. Was disappointed that I could not stay during the winter. Since they had to cut back hours. I could not live on 20 hours a week
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Very long hours
dairy queen
back up server (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON31 March 2017
i loved working at dairy queen it was by far my favorite place to work especially when working for my aunt she is my favorite aunt and was a great boss and i wouldnt change her for the world.
Pros
free drinks, ice cream, hot dogs, etc....
Cons
long hours on feet but worth it in the end
Fun, easy-going, fast-paced
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ON30 March 2017
Working at Dairy Queen is a lot of fun. At first it seem at little overwhelming, as there is a lot to memorize. However the staff are always available and willing to give you a helping hand.
High-paced environment, with lack of organization
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON30 March 2017
Compared with other fast-food establishments, this was by far the worst for organizing who does what, and how everything is done. For example, the saying is "if you take it you make it", meaning if you take the order you make the order. This makes for a very unorganized environment and lack of efficiency.
Pros
Serving people with smiles
Cons
Unorganized, almost too high-paced
Not that great
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK29 March 2017
The employees were the worst, they were extremely rude. I only worked there for 2 months as a summer job and hated every minute of it mostly because of my supervisors.
Pros
free pop
Cons
Owners, staff
they need to work on employee retention
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Melfort, SK29 March 2017
I was the store manager, I did every and all tasks that were required. I worked 12 days 6 days a week.

I left due to discrimination not only towards myself but the employees from the owners.

not all dairy queens are like this and i quite enjoyed many of the other owners i came in contact with.
great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Courtice, ON25 March 2017
a great job for young people looking to gain experience and be a part of a fun, cooperative team. I learned alot through my work at dairy queen and would recommend working there
fun environment
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON24 March 2017
dairy queen was an enjoyable environment for the most part, but over all, the employees were terrible, and they were very rude. every employee does things differently, and it should be a regulated thing. I understand that everyone does things differently, but some things should be the same. such as how many scoops go in each blizzard etc.
Pros
customers are nice
Cons
staff members
Not the Best
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON23 March 2017
The DQ I am at is owned by people who are unsure of how to own a restaurant. They treat their employees poorly and make it not enjoyable to go to work
Pros
Sometimes you get sent home early
Cons
Owners, employees, effectiveness.
Cook
Cashier/Cook/Food prep (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 March 2017
It was not the best but i have no bad terms for this as becasue i love to see and meet new people everyday but honestly it was too hot for me and that is what i didnt like
Easy going work environment.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 March 2017
If you're confused on what to do, someone will foresure help you out, it's a welcoming environment. It also is a very good place to work it you have no previous experience.
Pros
Half off food.
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 March 2017
Friendly environment, learned have to clean and take apart ice cream machines and make ice cream cake. Easy to learn the ropes. Good job to have while going to school. Flexible hours.
was a good job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON23 March 2017
typical work day included rush hours and super slow hours all year round.
I learned how to work under pressure and work with speed.
management... no comment
the hardest part of my job was remembering all the blizzard flavours.
the most enjoyable part of this job is you make new friends and their is always an endless amount of ice cream!
Pros
free ice cream if a days well done
Cons
not the nicest staff
Fun environment
Customer Service; Employee & Student Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 March 2017
Working at dairy queen is at times a very fun job to have and company to work for, despite the long shifts and impatient customers. My shifts were quite long, with very short breaks. If the day was busy, I was required to work instead of taking a break, which was frustrated at times. The management is for the most part great to work under, however were sometimes not very understanding of my schedule outside of my part time job.
Dairy Queen is my life
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Canada22 March 2017
why i say Dairy Queen is my life? because Dairy Queen gave me more attention by motivating my self. In addition with the proper attitude,knowledge and practical experience i can assure you that you will be like me to work in the work place.
Pros
staff mail 50%
Cons
not fix in hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dairy Queen. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7