Dairy Queen Employee Reviews

Good starter job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC23 September 2017
While I worked at Dairy Queen, they were flexible with my hours, which was nice. Unfortunately some of the other staff, who have now since left since I worked there last, didn't take their responsibilities seriously. The overall environment was alright, and the tasks we were given were easy to accomplish and straight forward in their manner.
Nice place
Fort Qu' Appelle Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Qu'Appelle, SK19 September 2017
Staff very nice. Always working and having fun. The boss is very giving and fair. No one gets treated bad. Students are encouraged to get jobs there and gain friendships.
Good environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2017
A good place for a first job, not too fast paced.
Learn how to make the "chill" food and take cash/orders.
Fun, easy going environment - workers are very friendly.
Downside: not many shifts given
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not many shifts
Dairy Queen
Dairy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON19 September 2017
A typical day starts with a great greeting and then you are given light easy duties which are great to do. Serving people and getting positive feedbacks customers are great satisfaction.
Pros
organized
Fun fast pace simple
Employee (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB18 September 2017
Good place to start wouldn't want to spend a lifetime there due to poor management and poor authority but they will teach you how to work at any job they will show you how to notice the little details that customers look for in a place to dine
Pros
50% off purchases under 15$
good place for employment
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 September 2017
They have a very enjoyable workplace, they always make sure that customers are satisfied with their visit, as well as their employees, they are always striving to make the work place better and more enjoyable.
Educational and helpful for future pursuits
Grill Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB15 September 2017
Working at Dairy Queen was the first time I experienced being on an actual payroll, and working under professional superiors on a day to day basis. I learned many skills that will help me in my future work places, and I met many friends.
Pros
Half off on food for breaks, Nice people
Cons
Very hot during the summers, Sometimes understaffed
Fun family atmosphere great workplace to start out in
cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC13 September 2017
was a very good job, was respected by the owners and bosses alike.
Made for a very good over all working environment. the scheduling was worked around what you were able to work.
Friendly staff, fast pace environment
Customer Service Clerk/Cook (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NB12 September 2017
Good place to work, face pace environment, you stay busy most of the day. Cleaning, using the cash, making icecream, cooking food. Pretty decent place to work
Pros
Staff discount, free dq cake on your birthday
Cons
n/a
Good starter job. Hired students for summer and then laid off the students in Sept.
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB11 September 2017
Good training, averaged about 25 hours a week, disappointed that they trained a bunch of us to work at the new location in Spruce Grove through the summer for 3 months and then they laid most of the kids off. They hired a bunch of full time workers and then told us they did have enough work for us. Very disappointed in the company.
Pros
Only 50% off of food when you worked a shift
Cons
Managers not experienced
Productive and fast paced
Cashier, drive (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB11 September 2017
A day at work required taking orders at the drive through and the counter. Made ice cream treats, cleaned, managed money locked up at night. my very fist job so learned hoe to interact with customers and other employees and how to prepare food. the managers were always very assertive because they had to make sure all of the employees were doing what they had to do. the hardest part of the job was when someone had more then just one job and if it was busy it would be hard to balance two jobs at a time. the most enjoyable part of the job would be getting to work with people that i know and that were my age, and interacting with customers.
Pros
Discount meals
Cons
going to school from 8am -3pm then working from 4pm-11pm and having no time for school work.
I know grill and cashier. Lots of experience
Cashier/grill (Former Employee) –  Calgary ab11 September 2017
Good people. Long shifts. Lots of cleaning. Handling other people's food with care and always washing my handle before my shift and throughout my shift. Practice handling money and being confident and nice when speaking to a customer.
Pros
Practice handling money, food, talking to customers, upselling, being honest
Cons
bad wage
Best in between job Ive ever had
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, ON10 September 2017
Being a supervisor at DQ kept me on top of my skills while i attended school. It was a fun environment and continuous experience while there. I would return to DQ at any time needed.
good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  High River, AB10 September 2017
loved working here, great atmosphere with great management and lots of fun people work there. Pay is good and its a very nice job to work if you have to do minimum wage
Horrible management and supervisor
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 September 2017
Working at dairy queen allowed me to gain some experience in the food industry, however the supervisor that trained me was a miserable person who took out her anger on the employees.
Fun workplace
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON7 September 2017
If you have a sweet tooth this is a great place for you to work, great people to work with, not too hard of a job, can get very crazy because everyone loves ice cream
Pros
Only deals with ice cream products
Cons
Constantly moving because our lines are 2 hours long
Fun starter job for a young person
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, AB6 September 2017
I loved working for dairy queen because i love working in the food industry and i found it a fairly good job overall.

Dairy Queen is one of the most clean fast food restaurants you can go to for sure.

Most Dairy Queen's work hard for the fast, convienient, clean reputation that they have
fast past environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB4 September 2017
your ether making ice cream, cleaning up mess or stocking up the food again. If you like a fast past environment for minimum wage this is the place you want to work.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
fast food
No comments.
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON4 September 2017
dairy queen was an ok place to work. the best part of the job was lunch time when you get fifty percent off of the menu. McDonald had better food though.
High-pace work environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Morinville, AB4 September 2017
Can be a stressful, high-pace job as well as a slow, low-pace one. Reasonably flexible hours. Reasonable pay. Non-strenuous work. Clean and safe environment.
Pros
Half off when working.
Cons
Standing for long periods of time.