Dairy Queen
1,808 reviews

Dairy Queen Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I worked as a cashier and found that I enjoyed working with the public
Cashier (Former Employee), New Minas, NSJuly 15, 2014
My typical day when I was there was to set up things before we opened for the day and to keep the restaurant clean. The hardest part of the day was if someone was sick and you worked a double shift and then go back in the next day feeling a bit tried. The enjoyable part of the job was seeing how the customers and staff interacted with each other.
Great as a first time job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 9, 2014
Great as beginners job. Show many situations you'll find yourself in the future.
Fast paced workplace with flexible hours
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 7, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, friendly coworkers, fast paced environment
Cons: not all of the staff were always aware of new changes
A typical day at work consisted of taking and preparing orders, taking cake orders, making cakes and novelties, cleaning the store and locking up at the end of the night. Good place to work for minimum wage. Friendly workplace. Great bosses.
productive
Cashier, Braizer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 2, 2014
Typical for me at Dairy Queen would be trying all the new blizzards, one of the hardest is working on hot days. my co-workers were great especially on Miracle Treat Day ( All blizzards purchased on that day is donated to charity) where we all really work as a team and a have a little pizza party.
fun, nice environment, friendly staffs and owner
Cake crew (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCJune 26, 2014
Pros: not pressured
Cons: just a minimum hours
as a cake crew I've learned how to manage my time since I was the only one who worked in my station, I learned how to organized everything and I also learned how to value costumers and how to entertain them no matter how bussy it was.
Somewhat productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tillsonburg, ONJune 24, 2014
Pros: free soft drinks while working
Cons: little to no benifits, lots of downtime, unorganized scheduling
Typical day included making specialty ice cream treats and grilled/deep fried food, preparing and decorating cakes, taking orders from customers

I learned the basics of cake decorating

management was unorganized, constantly changing shifts around and cancelling shifts

co-workers were somewhat unpleasant

hardest part of the job was making sure all – more... treats were the exact weight

most enjoyable part of the job was making waffle cones – less
Jusy like any other fast food restaurants
Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 24, 2014
Pros: free meal, flexible schedule
Cons: no benefits
Fast paced working environment
Learned to handle stress and multi-tasking
Very neat management
Nice co-workers but they definitely needs more English study
The Hardest part of the job is to dealing with a picky customers and drunk customers
Sometime we get free blizzard after work
good job for people new to work force
Cashier (Former Employee), Dryden, ONJune 20, 2014
Pros: one free lunch
Cons: managment
management would change schedule without telling the workers then blame workers for not coming into work according to the schedule. terrible pay, and employers treated workers badly.
Productive but not very fun
Braisser and front staff (Current Employee), 1910 kennedy roadJune 19, 2014
Pros: 1/2 price break and free ice cream
Cons: only 1 15 min break and no chance for raise
It was alot of repetition in the working environment and not much chance for increase. But the owner and staff were very nice and pleasant to work with
Fun workplace
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJune 17, 2014
Pros: great food.
Cons: good management.
Typically it is very busy. It taught me great customer service skills as well as management skills. Management was fair and understanding, very fun personalities. Co-workers were very outgoing and friendly which helped time go by faster. The hardest part of the job was the excessive heat in the summer working at the "drive thru". It was very enjoyable, – more... however, as it was a very pleasant environment. – less
enjoyable fast paced jon environment
Cashier/Store Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 11, 2014
Pros: enjoyable work environment
Cons: having to stand for long periods of time
greeted customers
took orders
made desired products
cleaned various areas
re stocked merchandise
directly answered any customer questions or concerns
typical job
Night Supervisor (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 6, 2014
Pros: got to work nights
Cons: long unprdictable hours
Only worked here to help out a Friend who was manager at the time
great coworkers
supervisor (Former Employee), Listowel, ONJune 5, 2014
I loved the fast paced work environment
learned how to work quickly with money
can count money quickly
can deal with customer complaints
can work well under pressure
can be responsible for others
Excellent work environment, great staff to work with, work was easily attainable
Crew Member (Former Employee), Listowel, ONJune 4, 2014
Enjoyed walking into work every day. Staff and management was exceptional, and the work was easily done even under stressful situations.
Fun place to work.
Payroll Manager and Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Swift Current, Sask.May 5, 2014
Very busy, lots of staff to pay weekly. good job for young people.
Safe and friendly work environment
Server (Current Employee), Stratford, ONMay 2, 2014
Pros: great staff, winter break
Cons: clean-up, very busy days
Morning shifts included opening for the day, making novelty items such as dilly bars, treatza pizzas, and buster bars. The opportune time to clean the blizzard flavour containers and sauce pumps was during the day shift when it was slower. After every night shift, the store was cleaned: surfaces were sanitized, dishes were washes, and the floor was – more... swept and mopped. Every one took turns doing drive-thru and the front window.

All of the co-workers got along really well - most were friends from before working together. It was a very friendly atmosphere to come into. The bosses were a husband and wife with young children who understood any problems that happened. They were very helpful in setting up the schedule and ensuring everything worked smoothly.

I learned a lot about pressure situations. In the summer, Dairy Queen is a busy place, especially since our store is very tiny. The hardest part of the job is remembering all the different products. Every blizzard uses different ingredients with different scoop sizes. The cones and sundaes are all measured in weight before handed out. However, the most enjoyable part was working with such a great and easy-going staff. – less
Great starting job for students
Shift leader (Former Employee), HamiltonMay 1, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: minimum wage
It was great to work on a team and learn sanitation skills, preping food and time management. Don't expect to make a fortune, but for sure a great social working opertunity
So much fun
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCApril 28, 2014
Always enjoyed going to work. My co-workers and supervisors were great!
Starter Job
Cashier/Front (Former Employee), St. AlbertApril 24, 2014
Pros: free ice cream, enjoyable coworkers
Cons: bad pay, boring days
I dont remember much of this job because I was fourteen, but i worked here until i was sixteen and it was a pretty good starter job with alright pay at the time. The coworkers were great and i usually had a good time there.
Typical fast food environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Taber, ABApril 23, 2014
A typical day would include taking orders from various customers, creating said orders and cleaning up restaurant. I learned how to clean the ice cream machine, how to clean the bathrooms, how to use a cash register and debit/interact machines. Management wasn't terribly flexible considering I was in high school at that point in time. My co-workers – more... were fun and very easy to get along with! The hardest part of the job was just getting used to having a job (it was my first job). The most enjoyable part was seeing different people every single day. – less

About Dairy Queen

Dairy Queen, often abbreviated DQ, is a chain of soft serve and fast food restaurants owned by International Dairy Queen, Inc, – Read more