Dairy Queen

2.9K reviews

Dairy Queen Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Dairy Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONNovember 27, 2015
This is a fun work place to work at I wasn't there very long due to complications with my boss, I think there should be more camera that have access to each and every spot at the work place, it was my first job I enjoyed it but due to everything that went down I had to quite it.
Pros
Meet new people, discount on the food
Cons
need new owners, needs more hours and a break time.
Great Place for a First Job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Stayner, ONNovember 25, 2015
Dairy Queen is a nice place to start working, especially for a first job. The average labor in a day is not heavy when kitchen staff (people prefer the ice cream more often than the food). They will train you to use the chemicals and cleaners they use properly and the small location makes this a very easy job. The staff was probably the best part of the job as they are all friendly and work oriented. The management of Dairy Queen is very strict but forgiving. They will not make it the end of the world on small mistakes, but they will make a point for more grievous mistakes.
Pros
Good Staff
Cons
Very overbearing management
Life as an employer at Dairy Queen
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 24, 2015
Typical hours ranging from 5-10.
Improved customer service skills dealing with a variety of customers.
Managers were great, very flexible with hours.
Co-workers performed well as a team no complaints.
Hardest part of the job was finding more things to do on a slow day.
Most enjoyable part of the job was being in a good environment with an excellent team. So, that everything moved smoothly.
Pros
Free Ice Cream
Cons
Nothing really
Productive and fun to work with my co workers
fast-food service attendant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 21, 2015
This job provided a two week training session which helped me memorize the recipes and be fast on my feet. Also, this job had a friendly environment.
Fun Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ONNovember 10, 2015
I loved all of my co-workers, they were awesome. I would usually show up for work and already know prior to where i was working (chill, cash, or drive thru). I would punch in and get straight to work.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
no discounts while not working
not very satisfactory
staff (Former Employee) –  truesdale Regina, SKNovember 10, 2015
politics at work makes the staff work very uncomfortable. staff meeting rarely happened thats why some concerns wont be able to tackle. Short staffed and no actions done.
Pros
free meals for full time staff
Cons
not enough hours
Fun and exciting work envirionment
Food & Beverage Sales Associate/ Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Thronhill, ONNovember 10, 2015
Had a close relationship with my boss. Loved working with my Co-workers. At timed the store would get very busy during the summer which caused me to develop exceptional skills in working in a fast pace environment. Also developed new skills as a key holder in closing and opening the store.
Pros
Cons
very busy
Upbeat workplace with great co-workers
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONNovember 9, 2015
A typical day at work would be busy and fast-paced. I learnt how to make every kind of blizzard along with how to improve my communication skills with customers along with solving situations. Management was somewhat understanding but would publicly write about workers on the backboard. My coworkers were great to work with, they were very positive and hard-working. The hardest part of the job was simply keeping my uniform clean due to working with ice cream and candy pieces. In conclusion, the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know new people and seeing the smiles on customers faces.
Pros
50% off food during your break
Cons
Only get discounts while you're on break
Dairy Queen
Casher/Drive Thru (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 6, 2015
The other employees where very nice and helpfule and the hours where pretty great.
The costumers where nice for the most part and the area was easy to get to.
First Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONNovember 5, 2015
As my first job, it was a milestone that I crossed. Meeting different characters in a daily basis. Relating to each customers by understanding their tastes. This job educated me of the basic foundation of sales.
Pros
Sales experiance
Cons
Salary
great place
cashier (Former Employee) –  Vegreville, ABNovember 3, 2015
thank you very much. it was a great place to work. i was kept busy.i really liked working there.this is all i have to say about that.
Great Work Environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Port Moody, BCNovember 3, 2015
The atmosphere at this DQ is very welcoming and comfortable. The staff are friendly and the management is very understanding when it comes to a life-work balance. Although the pay is not great and pay raises are rare, it will be given to those who show constant and efficient work.
Pros
Lovely staff, flexible hours
Cons
Minimum wage, raises are rare
love working for them very flexable and easy going
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCNovember 1, 2015
work as a cashier serving costumers and delivering them food at there tables working the drive threw cashier and head set also making ice cream and food.
Pros
gives lost of time off with out questions or concerns
Cons
no benfits no where to movie up low pay
Good employees, great management
Till/Drive through attendant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKNovember 1, 2015
they where great with time off and working around my school/homework responsibility's. the coworkers where respectful. working with the customers was one of the best parts of the job. The fast food industry however inst really my preferred line of work.
fun working at Dairy Queen
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCOctober 29, 2015
working with costumers and cashier and serving costumers food also doing drive threw and working in chill making ice cream and blizzards and Sundays. cleaning and making sure everything looks good and organized and keeping things stocked up. doing dishes and working with cash threw out the day.
Pros
can book work off anytime with out question or concern
Cons
only part time no benifits doesnt pay well.
Very high energy
Cashier, Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONOctober 26, 2015
Great atmosphere, Good training and mentoring. Fun and supportive management. Always had great colleagues to work with. Over all great work environment.
Pros
work environment
Cons
Messy job.
Had trouble at the beginning making sure I got the curl at the end of each cone or sundae.
Server, Cashier, Customer Service. (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONOctober 20, 2015
Well, not enough hours it was part time but if it rained and it wasn't busy even if you are scheduled to go in you may work a hour or something and they never paid for three hours. They will send you home.
Pros
you got 50% off food while you worked your schedule and 20% when you weren't working.
Cons
when it was busy hard to get your break unless you asked for it.
Dairy Queen Cashier / Team Member Job Description
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSOctober 15, 2015
As a Team Member at Dairy Queen, the main duty and responsibility is to provide customers the highest form of customer service satisfaction which may include but not limited to taking and receiving orders, processing payments, giving the exact change and above all, responding appropriately to whatever the customer needs. Team Members at Dairy Queen also need to prepare the products on the menu list based on the company’s service philosophy. They must also follow the standards when it comes to maintaining the safety and cleanliness of the work environment at all times.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
short hours
dairy queen good company
cashier/clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 9, 2015
it is a good company,unfortunately does not have good hours during winter season due to lower amount of costumers. everyone's friendly, costumer service is great
Productive and Fun
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBOctober 5, 2015
At this job I was able to learn how to communicate and work with people on a regular basis. Some of my duties at this job were serving customers,supervising staff and cake decorating. Co-workers were the absolute nicest. Everyone seemed to get a long. The hardest part of this job was probably the cake decorating. Took a while to get it right. The most enjoyable part of this job was the people I got to interact with and meet throughout the years working here.