Dairy Queen Employee Reviews

great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Courtice, ON25 March 2017
a great job for young people looking to gain experience and be a part of a fun, cooperative team. I learned alot through my work at dairy queen and would recommend working there
fun environment
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON24 March 2017
dairy queen was an enjoyable environment for the most part, but over all, the employees were terrible, and they were very rude. every employee does things differently, and it should be a regulated thing. I understand that everyone does things differently, but some things should be the same. such as how many scoops go in each blizzard etc.
Pros
customers are nice
Cons
staff members
Not the Best
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON23 March 2017
The DQ I am at is owned by people who are unsure of how to own a restaurant. They treat their employees poorly and make it not enjoyable to go to work
Pros
Sometimes you get sent home early
Cons
Owners, employees, effectiveness.
Cook
Cashier/Cook/Food prep (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 March 2017
It was not the best but i have no bad terms for this as becasue i love to see and meet new people everyday but honestly it was too hot for me and that is what i didnt like
Easy going work environment.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 March 2017
If you're confused on what to do, someone will foresure help you out, it's a welcoming environment. It also is a very good place to work it you have no previous experience.
Pros
Half off food.
Good first job
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 March 2017
Friendly environment, learned have to clean and take apart ice cream machines and make ice cream cake. Easy to learn the ropes. Good job to have while going to school. Flexible hours.
was a good job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON23 March 2017
typical work day included rush hours and super slow hours all year round.
I learned how to work under pressure and work with speed.
management... no comment
the hardest part of my job was remembering all the blizzard flavours.
the most enjoyable part of this job is you make new friends and their is always an endless amount of ice cream!
Pros
free ice cream if a days well done
Cons
not the nicest staff
Fun environment
Customer Service; Employee & Student Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 March 2017
Working at dairy queen is at times a very fun job to have and company to work for, despite the long shifts and impatient customers. My shifts were quite long, with very short breaks. If the day was busy, I was required to work instead of taking a break, which was frustrated at times. The management is for the most part great to work under, however were sometimes not very understanding of my schedule outside of my part time job.
Dairy Queen is my life
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Canada22 March 2017
why i say Dairy Queen is my life? because Dairy Queen gave me more attention by motivating my self. In addition with the proper attitude,knowledge and practical experience i can assure you that you will be like me to work in the work place.
Pros
staff mail 50%
Cons
not fix in hours
new fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ontario21 March 2017
It was friendly, a completely new experience for me. Hours were amazing and pay. The lunchroom was very big and nice. Staff was very focused, good team skills.
Fun place to work in the beginning
Cook (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 March 2017
I've worked at Dairy Queen for a year and a half and I was promised a lot but the owners always fell through, I stuck it out because of the people that I worked with and it would crush them to see me leave but it got to the point where it was no longer worth it.
overall a good place
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 March 2017
A typical work day is very weather dependent. It can be very hectic due to being understaffed mixed with good weather or it can be very slow due to snow and cold weather. I learned so much from working at Dairy Queen. I learned a lot about the Dairy Queen business specifically, like how to set up and close the store as well as how to make every product efficiently and to standard. I am very thankful for the management team that was working. They are very supportive and will help deal with any situations that may arise. The hardest part of working at Dairy Queen is probably just the fact of how busy it can be in the summer months mixed with the mid 80 degree Fahrenheit temperature in the store. The most enjoyable part of working at Dairy Queen was most definitely the staff members. Everyone who I had worked with at Dairy Queen was always so friendly and ready to help when needed.
Pros
50% off food and drinks while on shift, 25% off cakes and novilties on shift or off shift, free soda, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and arctic rushes
Cons
short shifts (never longer than 7 hours)
Productive and quick pace work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC16 March 2017
Great communication between coworkers and well organized work environment. Management were really nice and communicating. Work place culture was always fast pace and team work.
Pros
discount on lunches, fast pace
Was a good first job, had long late hours for me which affected my school.
Lobby Worker (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC16 March 2017
Was a fun place to work at, lots of nice coworkers. Had some issues with management, as they never told me if I was doing good, or if I was doing bad. Wasn't great communication skills. Numerous of my paystubs were lost if I didn't work on the day the assistant manager handed them out, it would then be thrown out.
Fun Enviroment
Assistant store manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary Center Street15 March 2017
I truly enjoyed decorating the cakes and keeping the orders organized. It was a very fast paced environment with multiple things to do at one time. We had a great team together that would help each other.
its fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 March 2017
it is fun but you have to fight for your hours and the management is ok but they will randomly disappear and they will ask you to do stuff that is not required to do
Good entry job
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB9 March 2017
A lot of teens get hired there as their first job, although they do not keep their staff its a great learning experience on having a first job all together.
Pros
Nice breaks, good co workers
Cons
Bad management
Dairy queen
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NS9 March 2017
great place to work, lots of hours and fun people to work with. days are busy so time flies by. im a cook but i moved from upfront/drive/cook so no day is the same
Pros
lots of hours, management is great
Cons
goes from busy - dead
Fast paced, Always busy, and Build ability to multitask
Front Cashier, Drive-Thru (Former Employee) –  Embrun, ON8 March 2017
Always keeps you on your feet, sets a goal for you in which you strive to accomplish in a set time. Pushes for a strong sense of multi tasking. Creates a strong bond between coworkers and how you can help each other accomplish goal after goal.
Pros
Discounts on food and beverage, Decent hours
Cons
Nonstop work
Fun
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC7 March 2017
I miss working here loved working with my co workers and the job was very fun and enjoyable. Wouldn't mind going back. It's a fun working enviornment as well

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dairy Queen. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7