Dairy Queen

Dairy Queen Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Difficult
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Kincardine, ONJune 5, 2015
Pros: Free Ice cream
Cons: Threats
This was my first job in a store front place. I had good times and bad times. I was working late nights all the time never days. I was able to get along with my other co-workers and we were able to maintain a friendship through the time we were all there. I learned how to make ice cream and all the different ways to create a desert. As well I was able to maintain a somewhat clean environment. It got sticky after two blizzards. But always made sure my food area looked good. The Management there was not at all good. The head manager was so rude and disrespectful that I was not the only one who wanted to get out of there. When she called me in to fire me she gave a very petty excuse and let me walk out of the store that night not knowing what had happened that day. She also threaded us on more occasion then one and made sure we were her slaves when she was on duty. The other managers where so calming and just made sure everyone was doing there jobs right and having fun while doing it. We where never yelled at or threaded and by the end of the night we were all laughing and throwing jokes around while cleaning. The hardest part about this job I could never have a real smile when the head manager was around and always being treated like I was at the bottom of the food chain. The best part was that i got to meet some really cool people not only from Canada but People from Europe and the USA.
Good summer job
Cashier (Former Employee), Emerald Park, SKJune 4, 2015
Pros: Discounted foods
Cons: you had to be inside during nice days
Nice place to work for the summer.
I would make the cool treats, work the cash register, and deal with customers.
Most people who worked there were nice and friendly,
I found mastering the ice cream swirl on top a challenge, but I mastered it.
I found serving the customers very enjoyable, especially seeing the look on the little children's faces when you give them their ice cream.
Not the best.
Grill Cook (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCMay 29, 2015
Dairy Queen didn't have the best job environment to work in. Most of the machines were either broken or slightly broken.
High stress enviroment
Bus Boy and Prep Cook (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCMay 27, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, Alot of friendships.
Cons: High stress
I would clean tables, bathrooms, counters, and dishes. I would also help stock make the ice cream bars and keep up Buns and Burgers through the grill during rush hour. All my co-workers were really nice and fun. My manager was a good guy. The hard part of the job was stress, the more enjoyable parts were cooking.
very hard for me
Cashier (Former Employee), Golden, BCMay 20, 2015
Working at Dairy Queen was very difficult for me, it was hard to keep up with everything. Some of the co-workers I found to be really nice while others were hard to get along with.
fun work environment, enjoyable coworkers, exceptional owner and management
Supervisor (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABMay 19, 2015
hardest part of the job is how busy it can get. Higher stress level then some jobs and many different things to do. I enjoyed the staff members and co-workers. Management is respectable and passionate.
it was fun,
Ice cream server/ cook (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONMay 15, 2015
Pros: had discount on alot of ice cream
i learned how to work alot faster, i learned more how to muilty task by working more then one station.
we all worked together on the the closing list sometimes we would make it a race to see who can get the most things done
Pretty decent
Basic cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 14, 2015
didnt like coming home covered in icecream. But it was worth it in the end. a very good starting job.the staff was very helpfu with any problems you had.
Interesting place to work, great enviroment
product maker (Former Employee), Trenton, ONMay 13, 2015
Cons: Bad hours, managment
I world stalk cones and spoons, make sure everything is in working order and full. I learned how to balance school and work, my co-workers were great, fun people to work with and just great people to be around.

The hardest part was learning all of the recipes for the ice cream and blizzards, food, and all that.

The most enjoyable part was just generally being there and working.
A day at Dairy Queen
Team Member (Current Employee), Airdrie, ABMay 13, 2015
Pros: Family
Cons: Customers, pay
I have been working for the company since 2013, and I have got to say, the company has only improved over the years. When I started we had virtually no training program, we were just expected to know how to do everything. Our management is wonderful, but it varies from place to place, I am thankful I have the managers I have, its like a productive family. Customers in fast food are horrible, but they are bad everywhere you go.
Fun Learning in a fast environment
Staff Member / Supervisor (Current Employee), Carleton PlaceMay 10, 2015
Working at dairy queen has been a great stepping stone and was a good first job to start with. I learned to work as part of a team and developed management skills by advancing from a staff member to a supervisor.
worst experience.
Front Counter attendant (Former Employee), sherwood park , albertaMay 10, 2015
Pros: free lunch, pay wage was great
Cons: bad boss
hated my boss , hated store location , to many supervisors was confusing , we were treated badly and looked down upon as I wasn't a supervisor
fun place to work gain alot of experience in different fields
Cashier & Cook (Former Employee), London ONMay 6, 2015
Pros: Great People
Fun place to work
good young crowd to work with
gain lots of experience in different areas
chances to move up in your position (supervisor)
Good first job
Employee at Dairy Queen (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBMay 1, 2015
Pros: salary is a bit higher than minimum wage
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work is taking orders from the customers, making the food for them, working cashier, filling products and cleaning stations. I learned a lot about teamwork, responsibility and organization. I got along well with all of my managers and co-workers.
Staff Member Experience
Staff member (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONApril 28, 2015
A typical day at Dairy Queen as a staff member was fun, but did not consist of much challenges. It was a good first job, to see what the work world was like. The hardest part of this job, because I was so new to customer service, was dealing with unhappy customers. The most enjoyable part of this job was working with great people.
great
free food after closing
great co-workers and management
intresting place
Crew Member (Current Employee), Brampton, ONApril 21, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: no hours
owner is rude and cheap but employees are pretty amazing can be challenging at times and you need to be productive it teaches you to stand up for yourself
very poor work eviroment
Cook (Former Employee), Hope, BCApril 16, 2015
poorly managed, the co-workers didn't take there job seriously, the facility was disgusting, not every dq I have found to be this way but the one I was working at was not a good one.
Productive workplace with dedicated employees
Server (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecApril 16, 2015
Pros: 50% off food while working
Cons: Finishing at midnight
A typical day at work, I start working on cakes in the back by decorating them. I was mainly used for the preparation of the cakes, I would also serve customers in front. If it was busy day we would team up on cash with my co-workers, because of the environment, we had great communications between us all. I would clean in between rushes, re-fill what needed to be filled. I would also take the cake orders from customers, answer their questions about the product. It was a well organized environment with people who cared about their job. The hardest part was the long lines, trying to get them to shrink as fast as possible all while keeping the store clean and not chaotic. The best part were the employees who had your back! We were all a team, we worked best together.
Very Bad Management
Front Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Okotoks, ABApril 12, 2015
Pros: Good workplace
Cons: Bad management
I loved the workplace and co workers but the management was horrible and did not do any good for the company or its employees

About Dairy Queen

Dairy Queen, often abbreviated DQ, is a chain of soft serve and fast food restaurants owned by International Dairy Queen, Inc, – Read more