Dairy Queen Employee Reviews for Cashier

Friendly Environment
Cashier/Food Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB14 November 2017
Was a starter job for me my first job ever. Friendly staff happy work environment. Evenings and weekend work hours. Not much for employee perks. Overall a great starter job
Friendly and super fun workplace
Drive Thru Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK6 November 2017
Making ice cream and dealing with customers and taking their oders. Learned to be able to work under pressure. Hardest part was how busy it could get but eventually you got use to it. Most enjoyable working with employees you loved! and meeting new peopel
Pros
50% when working and 20% when you werent
Cons
long Hours
Fast-paced environment with good discounts
Front/Drive Thru Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB18 October 2017
Overall good atmosphere, fast paced environment, need to be a good multi-tasker. Always something to do, good hours, very flexible. Good and understanding management. Often left to do hard tasks on your own, especially if under staffed.
Pros
Free food during shift, 50% off ice cream during shift, flexible hours
Cons
Very fast-paced, often doing hard work on your own
Great First Experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK17 October 2017
Working at Dairy Queen was such a fun time, I enjoyed interacting with customers everyday. I learnt leadership, management, and organization skills. I truly miss my old job.
Fun and Productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB17 October 2017
a typical day at work would be taking customers and serving blizzards, making special ice cream cake orders, and cleaning duties after operation hours.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC12 October 2017
Friendly staff. fast paced work environment. they take the time to train you properly. and they don't rush you. plus you get a %50 discount on everything in the store
Pros
Free pop/coffee
bad
Work as cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 October 2017
did not enjoy working here as the owner was unorganized and there were no hours in the winter. Part-time workers had to work 2 jobs at once to get by while in university
Horrible management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC4 October 2017
When I worked at Dairy Queen I worked as a upfront cashier and did drive thru everyday, never got a break from it. The hours were good, got everyday I wanted off basically. But there was so much bullying there and gossiping, I felt so unwelcomed & the mangers did nothing. I got put on 12 hour shifts with only a half hour break & reg pay. Just didn’t like it, but the working part was easy.
Pros
Half off
Cons
Management, bullying, hours, breaks
Overall a good work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON3 October 2017
Amazing work place and employees the manger isn't the best and I was not their for long. I would work at any Dairy Queen again besides the one in the mall because of the manger !
Pros
Ice cream half off
Cons
Manger
Great first job and wonderful environment and staff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 September 2017
Working at Dairy Queen allowed me to gain experience and understand commitment. Also Diary Queen taught me to understand the do’s and dont’s on how to interact with customers. In a way, it even gave me sales experience through interacting with the customer and upsizing their blizzard, or cone by pointing out a small difference in price. The environment and co-workers were amazing and always willing to help each other out for taking over shifts
Pros
Allowed to have anything for free while working/on break
Cons
Long hours relative to what I was able to handle at the time
Good starter job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC23 September 2017
While I worked at Dairy Queen, they were flexible with my hours, which was nice. Unfortunately some of the other staff, who have now since left since I worked there last, didn't take their responsibilities seriously. The overall environment was alright, and the tasks we were given were easy to accomplish and straight forward in their manner.
Nice place
Fort Qu' Appelle Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Qu'Appelle, SK19 September 2017
Staff very nice. Always working and having fun. The boss is very giving and fair. No one gets treated bad. Students are encouraged to get jobs there and gain friendships.
Good environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2017
A good place for a first job, not too fast paced.
Learn how to make the "chill" food and take cash/orders.
Fun, easy going environment - workers are very friendly.
Downside: not many shifts given
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not many shifts
Fun family atmosphere great workplace to start out in
cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC13 September 2017
was a very good job, was respected by the owners and bosses alike.
Made for a very good over all working environment. the scheduling was worked around what you were able to work.
Productive and fast paced
Cashier, drive (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB11 September 2017
A day at work required taking orders at the drive through and the counter. Made ice cream treats, cleaned, managed money locked up at night. my very fist job so learned hoe to interact with customers and other employees and how to prepare food. the managers were always very assertive because they had to make sure all of the employees were doing what they had to do. the hardest part of the job was when someone had more then just one job and if it was busy it would be hard to balance two jobs at a time. the most enjoyable part of the job would be getting to work with people that i know and that were my age, and interacting with customers.
Pros
Discount meals
Cons
going to school from 8am -3pm then working from 4pm-11pm and having no time for school work.
good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  High River, AB10 September 2017
loved working here, great atmosphere with great management and lots of fun people work there. Pay is good and its a very nice job to work if you have to do minimum wage
Very fun place to work in highschool
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Colwood, BC1 September 2017
The people were great for the most part, manager was supportive, everyone worked together as a team, and we all found ways to have some fun. Oh yeah, and making ice cream cones for kids was always nice
Pros
Half off lunches
Cons
I was part time and the store owner wasn't all that nice
Fast place work with good people
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK30 August 2017
Working there has been a new experience that I am forever grateful for. It taught me how to talk to people and how to work quickly and efficiently. The people I work with are nice and fun to work with.
It was fun to work there but the boss is unreasonable
Cashier (Part time) (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON26 August 2017
I enjoyed working at DQ, the commute was bad but working was not an issue. Management treated you with respect but the boss didn't take kindly to any mistakes. i got told i needed re-training after nearly a year working there because she seen me mess up once in an 8 hour shift.
busy work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2017
being able to work quick and beneficently through out the day and being able to keep customer satisfaction when at rush hour. management that was understanding to ever situation.