2,025 reviews

Dairy Queen Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
friendly
cashier/cleaning duty (Former Employee), Edmonton ABJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: blizzard bucks
Cons: smelt bad
at dairy queen i would deal with many customers a day and hand out their food. all the workers got along and respected one other. everything was pretty laid back and not to much of a task for me to do. the most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customers because i got to see different personalities
cashier/cake decorator
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: long hours
A typical day at this job included opening the store, decorating cakes, putting the cakes in the display case, taking customer orders, working on cash, cleaning the store at the end of the day and closing the store. The hardest part of the job was the long hours.
DQ review
Crew Member (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 13, 2015
It was a sold job to work at
it was pretty fast paced in the summer but slower when school went back.
management and coworkers where great
Dairy Queen was just a typical fast food restaurant
Volunteer Experience (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: free lunch
A typical day at dairy queen would start out with cleaning until lunch then afterwards helping out with orders and keeping the place clean.
good work
icecream packager (Former Employee), Surrey, BCDecember 31, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: work experience
the workplace was fun and safe environment i learned alot of thinga and also the hardest part was it was busy around noon. the co workers where very nice
Very good learning experiance
Supervisor/ Cashier (Current Employee), Cornwall, ONDecember 20, 2014
Pros: the discount
Cons: not many hours during the winter
As for being one of my first jobs, working at Dairy Queen was a very good experiance for learning client interactions. While working at Dairy Queen for 2 years, a typical day was comming in, checking if anyone needs to be served check to see if there are cleaning jobs to do while it is not busy and if your shift extends to clean up, you would do the taks for clean up, (cleaning ice cream machines, cleaning, sweeping and mopping the floors, doing the dishes and putting all the approriate things to their spots).
Dairy Queen summary
cashier/food handler (Former Employee), Elliot Lake, ONDecember 19, 2014
Pros: positive place to work
Cons: poorly managed
I worked at Dairy Queen in Elliot Lake, Ontario. I was responsible for handling cash, managing cake orders, and obtaining a clean restaurant and handling food and ice-cream. It was a fun positive environment to work! I learned great customer service skilled as I got to practice them everyday with the friendly customers of Elliot Lake. My co workers were great, we all got along. The hardest part of the job was maintaing everything, because no matter how much I would clean everyday, the store was poorly managed by others, so when I came back the next day, all my work I had done would just be a mess again. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to participate in such a great environment and meet all the great new friends and obtain all the awesome new skills I learned.
Good First Job
Frozen Dairy Maker (Former Employee), Niagara FallsDecember 10, 2014
Pros: good work environment, fun setting, customers were great
Cons: work procedures change often, strict uniform guidelines, cheap fixes
This was my very first job. It was very good meeting new people and making some friends I still have today. It taught me all the basic knowledge needed to excel in the work force. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people and making friends
Productive fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Albert, ABNovember 16, 2014
Although Dairy Queen was not financially ideal, it was definitely one of the most fun places I have ever worked. I enjoyed the people I worked with, I became experienced with all the tasks expected from me, and I enjoyed going to work every day.
fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), WinnipegNovember 15, 2014
My Dairy queen was amazing, Every time i would walk into work and see the other girls and we would just have so much fun while still getting our job fun. One time i won the most points for making customers laugh and smile.
Customer service (Former Employee), Campbell River, B.C.October 31, 2014
Pros: job culture
Cons: salary; not enough hours
• Customer service;
• Cashier duties;
• Cleaning and maintenance.
Fun workplace and new experience
cook (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 25, 2014
Pros: free dinner
Cons: long hours
Making new Ice cream and meals everyday.
Ice cream cake decoration.
A fast paced job that is fun and rewarding.
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Owen Sound, ONOctober 24, 2014
Pros: free ice cream, friendly customers and coworkers, flexible scheduling, and caring bosses.
This job requires you to have good communication skills, an ability to work well under pressure as well as being able to quickly prepare quality food and ice cream treats. A typical day at work is between 4-10 hours depending on what shift you are scheduled on. Morning shifts can start at 9am or 11am. If you start at 9, you would be doing the list of things that need to be cleaned that morning. If you start at 11 you can unlock the doors and help make sure that everything is filled from the night before. Through the shift, the workers make an effort to keep everything clean and filled. They also make an effort to make novelties (cakes, buster bars etc.) if it is not very busy. When the shift ends the morning shift makes sure everything if filled and that the garbage is changed for the night shift. During the night shift they also try to keep everything clean and filled, as well as working on novelties. Once the store is closed the people on night shift begin cleaning everything and switching the containers that the toppings are in, making sure that the new toppings are put into the bottom of a new container so the older ones get used first. Once everything is filled and cleaned the workers write down their hours and get to go home.
Very productive and fun work environment,laughing joking everyone being friendly.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Drayton Valley, ABOctober 15, 2014
Pros: as a assitant manager, free lunches were a big bonus.
Cons: working long days specially during summer months was not always enjoyable.
A typical day,was very busy,customers and many tasks to accomplish with a fun environment.I learned office tasks dealing with paper work,ordering food,beverage and complying with food safety laws.Working in a fast,productive safe and clean environment.Management was very good to all the employees,very friendly and enjoyable to work with,great to have a laugh with and share any problems that may arise work related or otherwise.The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all tasks and keeping things positive for staff when short staffing was an issue.The most enjoyable was working with many great student workers and the management team,many laughs and positive attitudes from the younger staff.I was happy to see and here of their goals and accomplishments through school and other studies.To have a positive outlook on life and their future.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCOctober 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches, ice cream
Cons: lifting ice cream crates.
On my typical shift at Dairy Queen, I start by filling and stocking cups, spoons, dairy queen products for example cheesecake, brownies, etc. help customers, make products, clean the store and make novelties. My co workers and I work together to get the task done. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers and making blizzards.
Fun and exciting job field
Crew Member (Current Employee), Metrotown, BCOctober 2, 2014
I'm always excited to work for Dairy Queen! I love serving people with ice creams or smoothies. The smiles in their faces whenever we serve the product (especially serving the blizzards upside down) is priceless.

I've easily adopted to the management of the store. I appreciated everyone who helped me when I was starting. So now, I am also happy to train every new staffs so we can all get together.

Hardest part of the job? Probably if it gets so busy. But it's funny too how we get to survive the long line ups, how everyone is going extra miles just to help whoever's in need. We always sing "I'm A Survivor" by Destiny's Child whenever we're done.
Fun workplace
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee), Moose Jaw, SKSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: we have discounts on our meals
I'm still enjoying working at Dairy Queen where all of my co-workers are very nice to me...I loved working with people that are hardworking and honest.
great place to work
Cake maker (Former Employee), university ave charlottetownSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: night shifts
great place to work love making icecream cakes, great staff
food good
Busy and Fun atmosphere
Supervisor/Customer Service (Former Employee), Georgetown, ONSeptember 16, 2014
I would come in a prepare for the day. Cleaning equipment, prep work, sometimes did orders.
How to deal with customers, bank deposits, leading a team of workers
The management was knowledgeable of the tasks that had to be done
not a place that mentors the concept of working as team
Floater (Former Employee), Taber, ABSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: food discounts
Cons: not a work enviroment that promotes learnig and felt it to be a hostile
despite being up front about my limitations ; it was okay for
maybe two weeks and after that Iwas made to feel bad about
myself; Employer was very critical did not praise when you did
something well. I felt it to be a hostile inviroment

1 2 3 4 5

About Dairy Queen

Dairy Queen, often abbreviated DQ, is a chain of soft serve and fast food restaurants owned by International Dairy Queen, Inc, – Read more