Dairy Queen Employee Reviews

A nice and funplace to work with
Food Service Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK16 February 2017
All employees does their specific functions according to duties and responsibilities. During the busy or rush hours, everybody cooperate and develop teamwork within the groups.
Pros
50% discount for the meals
Cons
8 hours or full-time working
Meh
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ON15 February 2017
Working at dairy queen was a disaster. The systems are outdated and the interview was in a group setting. Not to mention the crazy rushes you get from the high school students coming in for lunch hour.
Productive and fun place
Server (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 February 2017
Excellently run. I learned how to multitask in an environment that was very adaptable. The workplace culture is positive, for the most part. The hardest part of the job is learning how to respond to "difficult" customers; it is also, as with any minimum wage job, difficult to move up to a higher position. The most enjoyable part is interacting with staff.
Pros
Free fries, drinks, and cones per shift
fun to be work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 February 2017
good place to start your Canadian work experience, someday its very busy but most of the time you love to work here make very good contacts.a Manager was very friendly and supportive
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Fun workplace with amazing people
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 February 2017
Working at Tomken Dairy Queen was the best thing that ever happened to me. Such a welcoming environment, with amazing people. Managers are super nice and will help and guide you through everything. I learned how to patiently deal with customers. I have gained a lot of patience with his job. Just coming into work with a such positive environment would put a smile on my face.
Fair Bosses Good place to work
Customer service, cashier duties, food preparation (Former Employee) –  Rothesay, NB13 February 2017
Dairy Queen was a very good place to work for a starting out job. It teaches fundamental work skills and team ethic. Hours are good and time of is very well organized. Scheduling methods are some what outdated. Over all a great first job.
fun work palce
Cook (Former Employee) –  Nipawin, SK9 February 2017
It was a fun workplace as you were working with alot of friends you went to school with and people you may know throughout the community. Great place to work if your into sports.
Pros
great if you play sports
Cons
wage.drama
Fast paced and fun!
Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 February 2017
Working at Dairy Queen was a pretty great time for me! I was able to be constantly busy, but still able to make relations with those I worked with and was constantly learning new things. While some days were harder than others, it kept me engaged and trying to come up with new ways to do things to make the processes I went through easier.
Pros
Free lunches including dessert, good hours, never the same
Cons
Too much to do for one person
Typical day at the ice cream store in summer
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, ON7 February 2017
Huge lineups start to appear around 7pm from the soccer teams close to the store. It constantly involves messy chocolate spills and ice cream on clothes. There is a lot of refilling toppings involved.
Pros
free food, free ice cream, free ice cream cake on bdays
Cons
very busy, heavy manual workload
No opportunities to grow
Restaurant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB6 February 2017
learned few management skills and leadership skills
most enjoyable part was to communicate with guests and helping them with their orders and providing the best food service experience at the premises
Pros
WORKING ENVIRONMENT and dealing with customers (guests)
Cons
No career growth
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON6 February 2017
It was my first job I seemed to like it I worked 3 till closing I was the janitor so it was a productive job I'd show up early every day the employees were good kept to them selves
Pros
Free pop & sundeas
A great work place with wonderful team members.
SHIFT SUPERVISOR/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON6 February 2017
I learned many great things well working here. I really enjoyed working with great team members. The management appreciated your work and paid us accordingly.
Pros
Half price ice-cream well working.
Cons
Extremely busy in the Summer time.
My coworkers made it enjoyable
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 February 2017
Serve guests, costumers always come first.
how to prepare ice-cream, make cakes and cook
The management wasn't the best at being fair, and were often verbally abusive.
Pros
50% off food with Cash
Cons
management
easy going, easy to learn jon
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 February 2017
this job was great to have while in school, it was very flexible and allowed for me to take the days that I needed off without trouble. it was very easy to learn and it was a great first job.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
messy
confidence
Former Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB5 February 2017
in my 2 years working as a supervisor in dairy queen it boost my confidence, handling kids is not easy but because of my patience and consideration we build camaraderie to each other and within the store.
Surrounded hardworking people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB5 February 2017
A typical day working at this establishment includes you walking in and getting greeted by your colleagues, You change and put on your uniform and ready to start. The day is filled with meeting all kinds of people and if ever in need of help, the other employees come to the rescue. I learned to be calm and confident,The hardest part of this job was overcoming my shyness, I was nervous all the time because I hated talking to people. But I learned to overcome my shyness and conversed easily with costumers. In this specific DQ I worked at, the atmosphere was filled with joy and laughter. The people I worked with were the most hardworking people I have ever met. Everything about this job was enjoyable, I would go back any day.
Pros
Comfortable Environment, Fun, Easygoing
Cons
Cleaning
Fun co workers aside from a few who do not pull their weight in daily duties
Cook (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 February 2017
My location is populated with several employees that are unprofessional and inconsiderate towards the next person to come on shift. I am often left with their duties and mine to do when I arrive for my shift.
Pros
50% food
Cons
Short shifts
Fun times
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON3 February 2017
Diary Queen restaurants are always fun to be as a customer to create your own ice creams but working in them is double fun. I loved the people I worked with and the manager was phenomenal.
Good Place to Work
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON3 February 2017
Working at Dairy Queen was good. Its good for a student who wants a bit of extra cash but I wouldn't recommend this as a career because there is no money to be made in the long run.
Customer service in fast food
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON2 February 2017
I worked mostly evenings and weekends, which worked for me at the time. I would take orders, fill the orders, and make sure the customer was happy. I was also on the cycle to clean extra dishes and the bathrooms.

2.7