Dairy Queen Employee Reviews

Nice
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rosetown, SK20 May 2017
Was my favorite place to work so far. I spent 4 years there and enjoyed it all quite a bit. I would easily go back if I could make an affordable income
Productive and keeps me busy.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 May 2017
A typical day at work teaches me everyday how to be more and more independent and how to handle my customers in a way that makes them happy and leave with a smile.
Pros
Fun working enviroment
Cons
short break, can get very busy
Fun and fast paced workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC17 May 2017
Challenges an individual to work effectively and efficiently with others to produce and provide the utmost customer satisfaction. Management was good, and employees were friendly.
Average day
Supervisor/Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BC16 May 2017
Always busy in the summer, fun environment to be in if you like fast paced work spaces. Always something to do when you are working and it is good experience.
Pros
fun with friends
Cons
gets sticky
Great !
Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 May 2017
dairy queen was a great place to work during highschool i had many co workers to talk to that were my age and work wasn't to hard and my manager let me work untilll 10 or 11 when i worked so i could go to school the next day or stay late
Pros
Paid lunch, half price food
Cons
not high wage
good starting job
customer service/front (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BC12 May 2017
god place to work, fun place, great bosses,i would recommend working there, bosses were kind and fair, learned lots of supervising skills, and lots of other skills i can take through the course of life
Pros
good hours
Cons
workers didnt listen
Fun job when you have the right attitude
Store Front (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 May 2017
Very loyal staff, very committed to their job. Management doesn't acknowledge when you have exceeded customer service skills but always willing to train you more if you feel you need it.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Would not recommend applying here
Grill Operator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 May 2017
The owners of the establishment I work at were tyrants and would fire employees on a whim. While the staff you work with are often amazing whenever an owner is in you walk on eggshells.
Pros
Fun staff to work with
Cons
Abusive supervisors/Store owners
Good Job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cole Harbour, NS10 May 2017
Good place to work. Its a fun job and it's a busy fast paced workplace. You have to have good customer service skills. The management is great and are always very understanding. The hardest part about working there is customers getting mad over silly things.
Fun
Front End Attendant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC9 May 2017
My typical day was good. I learned how to clean tables, greet customers, and sweep the floor. The management was great. The most enjoyable part was the free lunch.
Cons
Closed down
Productive, fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK8 May 2017
A typical day at work would be cash handling, food handling, and cleaning around the restaurant.

Poor management skills, was yelled at in front of customers.

Was always productive, always had something to do.
Fun to work at
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Summerland, BC8 May 2017
Fun to work at, will definitely work for people who are willing to stay in a company like this for a long time. Unfortunately, I have different long term plan with my career. But for an entry level job, DQ is one of the best !
Made ice cream, and drive thru
Ice Cream Server and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC8 May 2017
Did closing shifts
Cleaned lobby
Helped customers
Was a really fun place to work, actually met a long-term best friend from this job, which is priceless.
Pros
Great people to work with, was willing to teach me new things about the work force
Cons
Didn't get a lot of hours, had two "On Call" shifts per week, so I would have to stay home doing nothing in case they called.
fun place to make friends and learn how to work as a team.
work Experiences (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 May 2017
Everyone that I have worked with were all nice co-works & hard working individuals.I learned how to work with other well and as one team. great place.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
short hours
Poorly Managed Workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON5 May 2017
Worked for abt a month, got very few hours, loved the people and the job, but the management was terrible, they didn't provide stable hours and they consistently underpayed.
Pros
icecream
bad
Turbulent time of staffing and low customers
Till operator, Ice-cream assembler, Server (Former Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC5 May 2017
During my time working(summer of 2015- spring 2016) at Salmon Arm Dairy Queen Grill and Chill that store manager was Brent. Brent hand not been given the proper full training of the operations of a Dairy Queen restaurant, but over did manage to gather a good base of employees by winter. Over the summer of 2015 the quality, productivity, and efficiency of the restaurant improved greatly under this new management. Though Brent had good relations with the common employees had short falling with higher workers and this outlet is now under new management once again.
Pros
50% of food, while on shift, 3 cakes 50% 3 times a year, half a hour unpaid lunch
Cons
Constant new staff, long full hours of summer, half staff let off every fall, few and far between shift during winter of nothingness
A great starter job for students, good experiences and skills development.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON5 May 2017
An excellent first job for young students. Little to no benefits and minimum wage, hard work. Develops many essential skills such as customer care, collaboration, communication, time management etc.
Pros
Great co-workers and boss, great schedule.
Cons
Low pay, no benefits
It was ok.
Server (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 May 2017
I had no stable hours and the teenagers working either let you stay or sent you home. I hardly worked 40 hours a week as I was told and never got my raise I was promised. It was ok when it was busy as we had some nice regulars.
Pros
Cheap lunches
Cons
Unstable hours
Workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON3 May 2017
I have nothing bad to say about Dairy Queen , the staff are like family , customers are great and the new owners are quite lovely!i wouldn't have liked to have been anywhere else ! Great job!
Pros
Nice staff, 50%off
Cons
Sometimes moody customers
Was a great beginner job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC2 May 2017
This got my foot in the door of the fast food industry while still being able to maintaining my school work in high school. It showed me how to be efficient in a fast pace environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dairy Queen. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7