Dairy Queen Employee Reviews

management was done poorly
Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB21 November 2017
it was great with the other staff members.Head personal over us was a little timid at times and that lead to a lot of misunderstandings while working here
Pros
made awesome friends
Cons
poor management
Amazing staff
Knew all parts of DQ customer service (Former Employee) –  Cache Creek, BC20 November 2017
I loved working there. Staff felt like family and it was never a dull moment. It really taught me good skills and how to work with others. I never felt alone there. Best job ever
Pros
Amazing staff
Cons
I had to leave
Working on the beach
Employee (Former Employee) –  Sauble Beach, ON20 November 2017
Worked customer service including making products, cleaning tools and containers, opening and closing. I learned time management and how to work fast but efficient. Culture was very fun. Hardest part of the job was losing the day, hours were 11-5, 5-11 or 2-8 . Most enjoyable part was working on a beach.
Pros
Beach and sun
Cons
Middle of the day shifts.
not for life
Server (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON18 November 2017
An okay starting job but if you are looking for something long term with an decent hours this is not the job for you, busiest hours are between 5-10pm and don't leave many hours outside that for extra hours when in need of extra cash.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
not optimal hours
Good First Job
Cashier and Food Production (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB17 November 2017
Good first job for a high school student. Very easy work with little skill required to do required tasks. Not somewhere you want to work long term, does not pay great.
Friendly Environment
Cashier/Food Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB14 November 2017
Was a starter job for me my first job ever. Friendly staff happy work environment. Evenings and weekend work hours. Not much for employee perks. Overall a great starter job
Environnement productif et agréable
Responsable du département des gâteaux (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 November 2017
Superbe endroit ou travailler.
Équipe agréable.

L'aspect le plus difficile de mon poste est relié au fait que mes heures sont définies par la charge de travail en lien avec la vente des gâteaux. Donc heures inégales.

L'aspect le plus agréable est horaire flexible et laisser place à ma créativité.
Pros
Plaisir
Cons
aucune assurance ni avantages sociaux
Good Starting job
Crew Member - Chill/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 November 2017
This was a good first job. Amazing co-workers that made me feel like family from day one. Working here introduced me to the world of customer service. Although irregular and limited hours became an issue.
Pros
50% of all items during shift
Cons
lack of hours
prodcutive and fun workplace, easy going.
CASHIER/FOOD SERVER (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC7 November 2017
easy going days at work mixing blizzards and sending out various orders. cake writing was a high light responsibility of the day for the ratio of cakes sold versus other products, twas a fun change from just being a cashier food clerk.
Pros
play with icecream
Cons
long nights
It's a good place to grow
Manager (Current Employee) –  Camrose, AB7 November 2017
Very happy and fun place to work. People are nice. But winter is bad for the business. Sales are bad and we have to cut off hours. Sales is very inconsistent.
Pros
Free Lunch and family discounts
Cons
Its hard to handle the bussiness in the winter
A good place to work while also going to school.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 November 2017
This was a fun place to when just starting out. I had a lot of fun working here while saving money for school. It gave me a lot of experience with different responsibilities and customer service.
Great co-workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB7 November 2017
My best experiences at Dairy Queen were because of the people I worked with. I've been treated like family since day one and am so happy that this was my first job.
Pros
The people
Cons
not sure
Great place to work at
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON6 November 2017
I enjoy my time working at Dairy Queen. All of my duties are very to-the-point which allows me to complete them efficiently. Because of my job i have learned customer service and how to deal with rude customers effectively without being rude myself. The hardest part of the job would probably the small are my location has and how difficult it can be to work efficiently during rushes.
Pros
Great staff
Decent first job
Cashier/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB6 November 2017
Minimum wage and irregular hours are expected at a first job. Too many kids working though, and it felt more like babysitting than food service sometimes.
Friendly and super fun workplace
Drive Thru Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK6 November 2017
Making ice cream and dealing with customers and taking their oders. Learned to be able to work under pressure. Hardest part was how busy it could get but eventually you got use to it. Most enjoyable working with employees you loved! and meeting new peopel
Pros
50% when working and 20% when you werent
Cons
long Hours
fun workplace
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB4 November 2017
Because of DQ, I was able to practice my communication skills and customer service skills. It's a struggle working in foreign land at first, some customers were rude and not nice to you but doesn't affect my performance tho. Its because I am surrounded with nice workmates. And my previous job helps me to be flexible.
Stressful environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON3 November 2017
Dairy Queen had very poor management. The stores machines and equipment were all broken. We were constantly out of toppings and food. Customers were really mean due to the bad service (Being out of everything, broken ice cream machines, broken headsets, etc).
Pros
Team environment
Cons
mean customers, stressful environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NS3 November 2017
I had a great time working at dairy queen and would recommend it to anyone. Great staff and management, good memories.good training and time off when needed. Customers very good
Pros
Food discount, great coworkers
Cons
Low wage
It was okay
Front End Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON31 October 2017
Honestly it sucked, management was horrible, so rude and careless. You get written up for stupid stuff and shes so lazy but gets mad when you dont do what youre supposed to. Discount is 50%. and they watch the cameras like hawks.
Pros
when manager isn't there
Cons
when she is
Gret workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Parry Sound, ON30 October 2017
A typical work day would start opening the store getting everything ready for a work day, making sure everything stayed cleaned and neat. Made sure everything was good for the evening crew. If I was on evening swept and mopped, filled everything did dishes. I learned how to worked fast paste to get things done. Hardest part of the job was nothing I was pretty straight forward. The most enjoyable part of the job was how we made everyone feel like part of the family.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Long days