Dairy Queen
1,853 reviews

Dairy Queen Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very productive and fun work environment,laughing joking everyone being friendly.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Drayton Valley, ABOctober 15, 2014
Pros: as a assitant manager, free lunches were a big bonus.
Cons: working long days specially during summer months was not always enjoyable.
A typical day,was very busy,customers and many tasks to accomplish with a fun environment.I learned office tasks dealing with paper work,ordering food,beverage and complying with food safety laws.Working in a fast,productive safe and clean environment.Management was very good to all the employees,very friendly and enjoyable to work with,great to have – more... a laugh with and share any problems that may arise work related or otherwise.The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all tasks and keeping things positive for staff when short staffing was an issue.The most enjoyable was working with many great student workers and the management team,many laughs and positive attitudes from the younger staff.I was happy to see and here of their goals and accomplishments through school and other studies.To have a positive outlook on life and their future. – less
Dairy Queen
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCOctober 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches, ice cream
Cons: lifting ice cream crates.
On my typical shift at Dairy Queen, I start by filling and stocking cups, spoons, dairy queen products for example cheesecake, brownies, etc. help customers, make products, clean the store and make novelties. My co workers and I work together to get the task done. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers and making blizzards.
Fun and exciting job field
Crew Member (Current Employee), Metrotown, BCOctober 2, 2014
I'm always excited to work for Dairy Queen! I love serving people with ice creams or smoothies. The smiles in their faces whenever we serve the product (especially serving the blizzards upside down) is priceless.

I've easily adopted to the management of the store. I appreciated everyone who helped me when I was starting. So now, I am also happy to – more... train every new staffs so we can all get together.

Hardest part of the job? Probably if it gets so busy. But it's funny too how we get to survive the long line ups, how everyone is going extra miles just to help whoever's in need. We always sing "I'm A Survivor" by Destiny's Child whenever we're done. – less
Fun workplace
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee), Moose Jaw, SKSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: we have discounts on our meals
I'm still enjoying working at Dairy Queen where all of my co-workers are very nice to me...I loved working with people that are hardworking and honest.
great place to work
Cake maker (Former Employee), university ave charlottetownSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: night shifts
great place to work love making icecream cakes, great staff
food good
Busy and Fun atmosphere
Supervisor/Customer Service (Former Employee), Georgetown, ONSeptember 16, 2014
I would come in a prepare for the day. Cleaning equipment, prep work, sometimes did orders.
How to deal with customers, bank deposits, leading a team of workers
The management was knowledgeable of the tasks that had to be done
not a place that mentors the concept of working as team
Floater (Former Employee), Taber, ABSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: food discounts
Cons: not a work enviroment that promotes learnig and felt it to be a hostile
despite being up front about my limitations ; it was okay for
maybe two weeks and after that Iwas made to feel bad about
myself; Employer was very critical did not praise when you did
something well. I felt it to be a hostile inviroment
Fun, easy relaxed atmosphere, great management
Customer Service - Expert level (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONSeptember 10, 2014
A typical day at work would include stocking up supplies throughout the day, cleaning throughout the day, dealing with customers, decorating cakes for customer orders, making their hot food aswell as chilled food, handling money, working under stress and pressure for fast paced work due to busy hours at lunch and throughout the night.
I learned A LOT – more... about myself and what I work well with, and what things I don't. I learned a lot about my personality. I pretty much learned something everyday about customers and what works and what doesn't work. I also learned how to deal with customer complaints.
The co-workers were great to work with, lots of great memories were made! Though not everybody worked well together as a team.
The hardest part about the job was the super busy times during the summer nights - it was CRAZY busy! This was also an enjoyable part too because I was comfortable with it and the time flew by! Also, the management; it was great! I love my manager, she worked out all the hours EVERYBODY wanted-she gave flexibility to us. The absolute most enjoyable part of working at Diary Queen for me was decorating cakes! I loved doing this, working at Dairy Queen actually helped me figure out what I want to go to school for and what I want to presume as my career - become a cake decorator! – less
racist boss rude coworkers dirty enviroment
Cashier (Current Employee), Milton, ONSeptember 9, 2014
Cons: everything
No one smiles at DQ. My co-workers rarely d as they are told and are rude towards each other. Many co-workers do not do their job and do not clean up after themselves. the management is lazy and cheap. They give multiple jobs and expects them done withing a short time period while they sit in the office. they give bad references to other companies asking – more... about employees (according to the law employers can not give a bad reference, they can choose not to answer the question though). My employers cheat people on their paychecks, they'll either not pa for the time that I have worked or they will pay below minimum wage. and my bosses favour the Muslim girls over everyone else because they are from the same culture. Finally, the store is not clean, I am surprised it passes health inspection. – less
You have to work for a living....
customer service (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: taking 15 minute breaks away from everyone
Cons: too much to state.
Knowing that I had to go to work always made me feel a bit sad. I learned that people can be extremely rude, heartless and basically bullies. The management was very poor always running out of products, hours were unfair to everyone, and bullying was never solved. The hardest part of the job was to go to work and try to maintain a happy face for the – more... customers when your co-workers are being rude to you and behind your back. There was a lot of drama between workers, a lot of gossip and it truly is unfair to everyone working there. The owner of the store is racist, sexist, homophobic, cheap (VERY CHEAP), and only hires females. If a male went to hand in his resume, it automatically went to the trash. The owner of the store was a very big part of the problem at DQ. The most enjoyable part of the job was closing and getting to go home. – less
Fantastic job
Key Holder (Former Employee), Surrey BC Guildford mallSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: fun environment, free lunch if working 5 hours or more, and a wonderful staff and management team
Cons: minimal hours, minimal pay
This job was great, it was a fun environment to work in and very safe working conditions. The management team was awesome, The only reason why i could no longer work there was the money was not enough to live off of, and they had minimal hours for work. I highly recommend the job for students.
productive and fun work environment
Seasonal customer service employee (Former Employee), Renfrew, ONAugust 27, 2014
Pros: always something to keep you busy
Cons: lack of hours and our the store was only seasonal
a typical day at Dairy Queen involved handling customer requests in a timely and courteous fashion, handling cash transactions, and production of tasty treats, we made everything from hot fudge sundaes a la carte to producing the dilly bars and cakes! my coworkers were all team players and we all had fun doing our various positions; cash, cooking,cake – more... decorating etc. the most enjoyable part of the job was cake decorating and making sweet treats for customers. Management was excellent and made me feel appreciated! – less
refreashing n fun place to work
supervisor\cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 27, 2014
Pros: food was 50 % off
Cons: long hours .
working here was fun sometime long but at the end of the fun i enjoy working with the public n making there day a better one
Bad Place To Eat & Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bells CornersAugust 22, 2014
The dont care about the customers they care about money only.
Fun learning enviroment.
Cook/Customer Serv (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 13, 2014
Pros: decent benifits
Cons: fast pace
I had fun learning to work at Dairy Queen. Working with ice cream making fun snacks but I was disappointed cuz I tried so hard to be fast for them and I only lasted a week.
Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Belleville, ONAugust 6, 2014
Pros: long hours
Cons: short hours
A typical day at work would be very productive and I would stay on my feet. Being on my feet meant that I was always assisting customers or cleaning and preparing. I learned that it is important to keep a smile on your face at all times showing that you are happy to be at work, I also learned that no matter what happens a customer should always leave – more... happy. I would say I got along with all co-workers and the management while working. I listened to their ideas and we helped one another out. I listened to the higher up people I worked with like the supervisors and managers when they needed my help or had something for me to accomplish. The hardest part of the job would be working without who and what I needed. If we were short staffed or we had run out of supplies/ingredients. Therefore it was up to me to make the best of that and try as best as I could to still be positive and make the customers happy, The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to make a lot of orders one after the other, I really enjoyed having a lot of customers in one shift. – less
Good company
Customer service (Former Employee), Sussex, NBAugust 4, 2014
this was a good company to work for. good staff and decent hours. some customers were not so fun to deal with but overall not a bad place to work.
Well-balanced workplace.
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Shediac, NBJuly 31, 2014
Pros: good staff.
Cons: didnt get enough hours.
A typical day at work:
-A typical day at work would run smoothly and effectively. staff would be doing their job as directed normally without any delay.

What you learned:
-What I've learned from working at Dairy Queen was the use of time. Time management was a necessity or you will inevitably fall behind.

Management:
-Management was nice, caring, – more... friendly employers.

Your co-workers:
-All the staff hired meshed well together and worked at a team.

The hardest part of the job:
-The hardest part of the job only happened if you fell way behind on your orders. You feel pressured to rush orders, but have to remain calm and finish them properly.

The most enjoyable part of the job:
-The most enjoyable part of the job was the people i was working with, they were friendly and very good at teamwork when it came to various tasks. – less
Somewhat difficult fast food environment
Brazier (Former Employee), Clarkson, ONJuly 29, 2014
Pros: 50 percent off lunch breaks
Cons: not many hours given
Dairy queen may not be the best job but it does teach you a lot about the real world and i'm glad i experienced the hard work.
Unorganized hectic environment.
Cashier (Former Employee), Welland, ONJuly 25, 2014
A typical day at work would include taking ice cream cakes out of steel cake rings, prepare ice cream cakes, serve customer, prepare ice cream, hot food and shakes from the menu.

I learned how to make a ice cream cake, i also learned how to work in a fast paced environment as a team, not that i did not know that before but this gave me more experience.

Management – more... was very pour. When i got the job i did not receive any kind of training, they did not really talk to their employees but when they did it was more in a talking down manner, they would get angry when you would ask questions.

The employees were great, they helped me when i asked questions with no complaints they were patient with me being the new person and always put in constructive cristisim when needed.

The hardest part of the job was just jumping into the work without any training or previous experience in a work place such as DQ, it became easier after the first week or so.

Most enjoyable part was it being fast paced and always doing something. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Dairy Queen

Dairy Queen, often abbreviated DQ, is a chain of soft serve and fast food restaurants owned by International Dairy Queen, Inc, – Read more