Dairy Queen Employee Reviews

Dairy Queen is my life
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Canada22 March 2017
why i say Dairy Queen is my life? because Dairy Queen gave me more attention by motivating my self. In addition with the proper attitude,knowledge and practical experience i can assure you that you will be like me to work in the work place.
Pros
staff mail 50%
Cons
not fix in hours
new fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ontario21 March 2017
It was friendly, a completely new experience for me. Hours were amazing and pay. The lunchroom was very big and nice. Staff was very focused, good team skills.
Fun place to work in the beginning
Cook (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 March 2017
I've worked at Dairy Queen for a year and a half and I was promised a lot but the owners always fell through, I stuck it out because of the people that I worked with and it would crush them to see me leave but it got to the point where it was no longer worth it.
overall a good place
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 March 2017
A typical work day is very weather dependent. It can be very hectic due to being understaffed mixed with good weather or it can be very slow due to snow and cold weather. I learned so much from working at Dairy Queen. I learned a lot about the Dairy Queen business specifically, like how to set up and close the store as well as how to make every product efficiently and to standard. I am very thankful for the management team that was working. They are very supportive and will help deal with any situations that may arise. The hardest part of working at Dairy Queen is probably just the fact of how busy it can be in the summer months mixed with the mid 80 degree Fahrenheit temperature in the store. The most enjoyable part of working at Dairy Queen was most definitely the staff members. Everyone who I had worked with at Dairy Queen was always so friendly and ready to help when needed.
Pros
50% off food and drinks while on shift, 25% off cakes and novilties on shift or off shift, free soda, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and arctic rushes
Cons
short shifts (never longer than 7 hours)
Productive and quick pace work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC16 March 2017
Great communication between coworkers and well organized work environment. Management were really nice and communicating. Work place culture was always fast pace and team work.
Pros
discount on lunches, fast pace
Was a good first job, had long late hours for me which affected my school.
Lobby Worker (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC16 March 2017
Was a fun place to work at, lots of nice coworkers. Had some issues with management, as they never told me if I was doing good, or if I was doing bad. Wasn't great communication skills. Numerous of my paystubs were lost if I didn't work on the day the assistant manager handed them out, it would then be thrown out.
Fun Enviroment
Assistant store manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary Center Street15 March 2017
I truly enjoyed decorating the cakes and keeping the orders organized. It was a very fast paced environment with multiple things to do at one time. We had a great team together that would help each other.
its fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 March 2017
it is fun but you have to fight for your hours and the management is ok but they will randomly disappear and they will ask you to do stuff that is not required to do
Good entry job
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB9 March 2017
A lot of teens get hired there as their first job, although they do not keep their staff its a great learning experience on having a first job all together.
Pros
Nice breaks, good co workers
Cons
Bad management
Dairy queen
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NS9 March 2017
great place to work, lots of hours and fun people to work with. days are busy so time flies by. im a cook but i moved from upfront/drive/cook so no day is the same
Pros
lots of hours, management is great
Cons
goes from busy - dead
Fast paced, Always busy, and Build ability to multitask
Front Cashier, Drive-Thru (Former Employee) –  Embrun, ON8 March 2017
Always keeps you on your feet, sets a goal for you in which you strive to accomplish in a set time. Pushes for a strong sense of multi tasking. Creates a strong bond between coworkers and how you can help each other accomplish goal after goal.
Pros
Discounts on food and beverage, Decent hours
Cons
Nonstop work
Fun
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC7 March 2017
I miss working here loved working with my co workers and the job was very fun and enjoyable. Wouldn't mind going back. It's a fun working enviornment as well
Management horrible
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC28 February 2017
I've worked at dq couple years, used to love my job. Management changed last year and its become a horrible place to work. New manager is aweful, treats staff like garbage, and doesn't really know her job. Everyone is quiting..which has made it hard to enjoy your job.
Pros
Repeat customers, fun making ice cream
Cons
Managers are brutal
summer student
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB27 February 2017
The manager is the worst person I have ever come across. She is rude and doesn't care about her staff. I would never work there again
Dq' body
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 February 2017
This job improve my team cooperated ability. It is a efficiency job when you treat in ,because you can feeling that rhythm by everybody.
Chef
Chef (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON25 February 2017
Working at dairy queen was a good spot for my first job the reason why i was working there was to save my money to attend college and to also save for a vehicle.
Dairy Queen
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB22 February 2017
Good people to work with, decent hours, and great management. I only left Dairy Queen to go to school, to advance my life. it is a very friendly environment.
Pros
Good schedule understanding
Cons
Most staff are Phillaoppino with not the best english
Hard work but rewarding
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON17 February 2017
the dairy queen i worked at was ran by a very nice lady but we had trouble keeping a steady staff. lots of room for advancement and opportunities to go further.
A nice and funplace to work with
Food Service Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK16 February 2017
All employees does their specific functions according to duties and responsibilities. During the busy or rush hours, everybody cooperate and develop teamwork within the groups.
Pros
50% discount for the meals
Cons
8 hours or full-time working
Meh
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ON15 February 2017
Working at dairy queen was a disaster. The systems are outdated and the interview was in a group setting. Not to mention the crazy rushes you get from the high school students coming in for lunch hour.

2.7