Dairy Queen
1,739 reviews

Dairy Queen Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive and fun work environment
Seasonal customer service employee (Former Employee), Renfrew, ONAugust 27, 2014
Pros: always something to keep you busy
Cons: lack of hours and our the store was only seasonal
a typical day at Dairy Queen involved handling customer requests in a timely and courteous fashion, handling cash transactions, and production of tasty treats, we made everything from hot fudge sundaes a la carte to producing the dilly bars and cakes! my coworkers were all team players and we all had fun doing our various positions; cash, cooking,cake – more... decorating etc. the most enjoyable part of the job was cake decorating and making sweet treats for customers. Management was excellent and made me feel appreciated! – less
refreashing n fun place to work
supervisor\cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 27, 2014
Pros: food was 50 % off
Cons: long hours .
working here was fun sometime long but at the end of the fun i enjoy working with the public n making there day a better one
Bad Place To Eat & Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bells CornersAugust 22, 2014
The dont care about the customers they care about money only.
Fun learning enviroment.
Cook/Customer Serv (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 13, 2014
Pros: decent benifits
Cons: fast pace
I had fun learning to work at Dairy Queen. Working with ice cream making fun snacks but I was disappointed cuz I tried so hard to be fast for them and I only lasted a week.
Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Belleville, ONAugust 6, 2014
Pros: long hours
Cons: short hours
A typical day at work would be very productive and I would stay on my feet. Being on my feet meant that I was always assisting customers or cleaning and preparing. I learned that it is important to keep a smile on your face at all times showing that you are happy to be at work, I also learned that no matter what happens a customer should always leave – more... happy. I would say I got along with all co-workers and the management while working. I listened to their ideas and we helped one another out. I listened to the higher up people I worked with like the supervisors and managers when they needed my help or had something for me to accomplish. The hardest part of the job would be working without who and what I needed. If we were short staffed or we had run out of supplies/ingredients. Therefore it was up to me to make the best of that and try as best as I could to still be positive and make the customers happy, The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to make a lot of orders one after the other, I really enjoyed having a lot of customers in one shift. – less
Good company
Customer service (Former Employee), Sussex, NBAugust 4, 2014
this was a good company to work for. good staff and decent hours. some customers were not so fun to deal with but overall not a bad place to work.
Well-balanced workplace.
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Shediac, NBJuly 31, 2014
Pros: good staff.
Cons: didnt get enough hours.
A typical day at work:
-A typical day at work would run smoothly and effectively. staff would be doing their job as directed normally without any delay.

What you learned:
-What I've learned from working at Dairy Queen was the use of time. Time management was a necessity or you will inevitably fall behind.

Management:
-Management was nice, caring, – more... friendly employers.

Your co-workers:
-All the staff hired meshed well together and worked at a team.

The hardest part of the job:
-The hardest part of the job only happened if you fell way behind on your orders. You feel pressured to rush orders, but have to remain calm and finish them properly.

The most enjoyable part of the job:
-The most enjoyable part of the job was the people i was working with, they were friendly and very good at teamwork when it came to various tasks. – less
Somewhat difficult fast food environment
Brazier (Former Employee), Clarkson, ONJuly 29, 2014
Pros: 50 percent off lunch breaks
Cons: not many hours given
Dairy queen may not be the best job but it does teach you a lot about the real world and i'm glad i experienced the hard work.
Unorganized hectic environment.
Cashier (Former Employee), Welland, ONJuly 25, 2014
A typical day at work would include taking ice cream cakes out of steel cake rings, prepare ice cream cakes, serve customer, prepare ice cream, hot food and shakes from the menu.

I learned how to make a ice cream cake, i also learned how to work in a fast paced environment as a team, not that i did not know that before but this gave me more experience.

Management – more... was very pour. When i got the job i did not receive any kind of training, they did not really talk to their employees but when they did it was more in a talking down manner, they would get angry when you would ask questions.

The employees were great, they helped me when i asked questions with no complaints they were patient with me being the new person and always put in constructive cristisim when needed.

The hardest part of the job was just jumping into the work without any training or previous experience in a work place such as DQ, it became easier after the first week or so.

Most enjoyable part was it being fast paced and always doing something. – less
Overall While working in Dairy Queen its fun place to be
Shift Leader (Supervisor) (Current Employee), Regina SasketchwanJuly 23, 2014
Pros: great culture, hardworking fast paced atmosphere and management is really good.
Cons: sometimes i have to do night shift where the public transport is not frequent, i have to wait for an hour or sometimes more during winter.
A soon as I start my day I have to manage the whole shift give them specific stations for their duty then look at the stocks, everything is working good.You get to learn many things such as managerial skills, leadership quality how to handle customers and theirs issues.At my store where i work People come from different ethnic group we get to learn – more... ample of new things.Sometimes the hardest part is to handle young kids who work with us as their part time job as they are too young so they don't take this job seriously and at the end we have to play their part as well.While working we can even have fun like listening to music talking to our colleagues so the day goes very fast.The last but not the least is we all work as a TEAM. – less
Fun and productive workplace
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), BCJuly 22, 2014
Pros: co-workers
I got to work with so many great people and met lots of new people while being a cashier, I worked a lot of hours at Dairy Queen and had a lot of fun.
Enjoyed Supervising the youth in my community grow and learn new skills
Night Supervisor (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 22, 2014
Pros: learned a new skill in supervising other staff members
Cons: financial compensation was very limited
As a night shift Supervisor it was necessary to maintain good customer service, staff rapport and product readiness to ensure stock was properly managed.
They treat their staff great!
Line Cook (Current Employee), Yorkton,SkJuly 19, 2014
Everyone is nice. It's a great place to work. The boss there is good. Its a great place to learn.
I worked as a cashier and found that I enjoyed working with the public
Cashier (Former Employee), New Minas, NSJuly 15, 2014
My typical day when I was there was to set up things before we opened for the day and to keep the restaurant clean. The hardest part of the day was if someone was sick and you worked a double shift and then go back in the next day feeling a bit tried. The enjoyable part of the job was seeing how the customers and staff interacted with each other.
Great as a first time job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 9, 2014
Great as beginners job. Show many situations you'll find yourself in the future.
Fast paced workplace with flexible hours
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 7, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, friendly coworkers, fast paced environment
Cons: not all of the staff were always aware of new changes
A typical day at work consisted of taking and preparing orders, taking cake orders, making cakes and novelties, cleaning the store and locking up at the end of the night. Good place to work for minimum wage. Friendly workplace. Great bosses.
productive
Cashier, Braizer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 2, 2014
Typical for me at Dairy Queen would be trying all the new blizzards, one of the hardest is working on hot days. my co-workers were great especially on Miracle Treat Day ( All blizzards purchased on that day is donated to charity) where we all really work as a team and a have a little pizza party.
fun, nice environment, friendly staffs and owner
Cake crew (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCJune 26, 2014
Pros: not pressured
Cons: just a minimum hours
as a cake crew I've learned how to manage my time since I was the only one who worked in my station, I learned how to organized everything and I also learned how to value costumers and how to entertain them no matter how bussy it was.
Somewhat productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tillsonburg, ONJune 24, 2014
Pros: free soft drinks while working
Cons: little to no benifits, lots of downtime, unorganized scheduling
Typical day included making specialty ice cream treats and grilled/deep fried food, preparing and decorating cakes, taking orders from customers

I learned the basics of cake decorating

management was unorganized, constantly changing shifts around and cancelling shifts

co-workers were somewhat unpleasant

hardest part of the job was making sure all – more... treats were the exact weight

most enjoyable part of the job was making waffle cones – less
Jusy like any other fast food restaurants
Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 24, 2014
Pros: free meal, flexible schedule
Cons: no benefits
Fast paced working environment
Learned to handle stress and multi-tasking
Very neat management
Nice co-workers but they definitely needs more English study
The Hardest part of the job is to dealing with a picky customers and drunk customers
Sometime we get free blizzard after work

1 2 3 4 5

About Dairy Queen

Dairy Queen, often abbreviated DQ, is a chain of soft serve and fast food restaurants owned by International Dairy Queen, Inc, – Read more