Dairy Queen Employee Reviews

mangement did alot of criminal things
Associate (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB26 June 2017
Management didn't care about their employees. very raicist place and a lot of bullying going on. you are not allowed to stick up for yourself or you will be let go seen it done on 3 occasions. management does not follow buy anyones rules but their own. that being said they did a lot of criminal things there.
Pros
great customers
Cons
the management
Engaging and supportive workplace with kind coworkers and boss
Cashier and Server (Former Employee) –  Fleetwood, BC25 June 2017
In the duration of my time working at Dairy Queen, I believed it was a great atmosphere to work in. Hours were very good and the boss was very kind and understanding. I learned a lot about punctuality and speed when making orders and taking them as well. The only difficult part about this job was dealing with the rushes and making sure you were efficient and sure of the orders. The best part about working was who you were working with. Since every employee was kind and fun to be around, it made working a five or eight hour shift go by in a snap.
boring and unkept
Employee (Former Employee) –  Aylmer, QC22 June 2017
it is an unclean work place unsanitary the workers are all friend so they want the people who they aren't their friends they want it to be their click only so hey got me fired when i never did anything wrong.
very enjoyable place to work
Cashier/ Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 June 2017
I loved working at Dairy Queen. I got along with all the management very well. This was a very friendly place to work. I enjoyed all my customers. I enjoyed all the staff as well.
A typical shift at DQ
Cashier/ food services (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB18 June 2017
It's a great place to start to get some job experience. It can be stressful and exhausting at times especially when it gets super busy since it is a fast paced environment but you just really have to do your best. Really great staff and management!
Pros
50% off of food during shift
Bias family run business and gossip
Front Counter Staff (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB17 June 2017
Very poorly run franchise. There bias in the employees, gossip everywhere. Other employees will make you feel like you can never do your job right no matter how hard you try. Manager manipulates the hours and money so his love interest earns more and deducts it on our hours. Other employees always complains about students taking time off for school exams and diplomas.
Cons
Bias workplace, don't have a voice, constant feeling of being targeted
Great work environment, every day is something new.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Neepawa, MB16 June 2017
A typical day does get pretty busy around meal times, but there is always time to get cleaning and the like done. I learned a lot about how the fast food industry works best. The most difficult part of the job were days when the restaurant is just packed with people, like on miracle treat day. The most enjoyable part was joking around with the other workers while we clean or do whatever needs to be done.
average work place
Part-time Worker (Former Employee) –  Paradise, NL16 June 2017
It is a very friendly work place for some people but for some the management can be tough. A lot to learn from the place and if a person have good relation with manager then there should not be any problem.
Pros
friendly colleagues
Cons
too far, bad public transportation
Fast-paced
Store front / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 June 2017
Dairy Queen is a face-paced environment. You learn very quickly how to multitask and how to make product fast and efficiently. I've learned how to handle upset customers, how to comprise with products. I've learned that it is very important to keep a clean and safe work area especially working with food products.
Pros
Co-workers and the flexible hours
Cons
Understaffed
fun to work at layed back
Cashier assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 June 2017
it was a good job , reasonable expectations , great staff , good discounts , great location, good challenge, great commute and overall it is a place that I would recommend working at!
Pros
discount
Cons
very little to do
Fun and casual but very busy
Cashier & minor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 June 2017
A typical day is very busy. Nice coworkers make for a better experience but customers can tend to be very demanding at times as other fast food I'm sure. The hardest part of the job is just being able to work very quickly and please many customers. The culture is very friendly however the management is lacking. I learned to work hard and collaborate with all types of people, but the managers are very harsh sometimes which isn't effective in my opinion.
Pros
50% Off food
Cons
Extremely busy
enjoyable and friendly staff
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Stettler, AB13 June 2017
fun workplace, management has your back, learned a lot especially in costumer service, co-workers are helpful during training and the rest of the staff are friendly. Can request for time of duty, the hardest part is resisting the delicious food! love the ice cream!!!
Pros
able to manage my time
Cons
some costumer"s unacceptable attitude
productive and fun workplace
Front Counter Associate (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB13 June 2017
It's a good place to work, very accommodating, the people are the best part by far everyone is very friendly. I learned how to multitask, management is ok.
unorganzied
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 June 2017
very unprofessional, management would gossip and not work even with the owner and managers, took very long to close because of lazy workers, very slow during the winter
Dairy Queen
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dalton, ON912 June 2017
My reviw for Dq is okay i have been working there for over a year now and when i started off it was a great job but latter on it got really stressful and it gets hard because if you make the smallest mistake you get in quit a bit of truble more then i think it should be, but that also depends on who your working with. It is a fun place to work though and a great starting off job. Im looking for another job now because im just looking for something new.
Pros
Wright food you take down and they will take it off your next pay plus 50% off everything
Cons
Not enough hours
It's a very progessive and very friendly place. Fellow co-workers are very fun to work with.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB12 June 2017
When I first started at DQ everyone is really friendly. That way I learned easily because they're friendly. I started getting comfortable doing my job and always keeping my head up. The DQ Team always focus on co-operation and that's how we get things done.
Pros
50% Discount for food
Cons
Unpaid Breaks
Really Enjoyed this job
Counter Server (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 June 2017
Loved working here. Always friendly people to work with, was given great hours and my boss was very friendly and accommodating . Quite a busy work environment, caused you always to be on the go.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Location, Seasonal position
It was great
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK11 June 2017
The job was great and the management was understanding. Overall just an all out great experience as far as work experiences go. Highly recommend working here
mediocre
Cashier, Chill, Grill (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 June 2017
the managers are wonderful but the staff are awful they dont do their jobs when the owners are not in the store

i clean everything, expo food and chill products, take orders and do drive thru
Fun workplace, great for a first job.
Counter Server (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB9 June 2017
A typical day working at Dairy Queen included taking customers orders and then preparing their meals and\or their drinks.
Working with other team members to achieve ultimate success.
Handling drive thru orders.
While employed by Dairy Queen I learned about food safety and proper sanitation techniques.
Pros
Discounted food items
Cons
no room for career advancements

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dairy Queen. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7