Dairy Queen
1,683 reviews

Dairy Queen Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Somewhat difficult fast food environment
Brazier (Former Employee), Clarkson, ONJuly 29, 2014
Pros: 50 percent off lunch breaks
Cons: not many hours given
Dairy queen may not be the best job but it does teach you a lot about the real world and i'm glad i experienced the hard work.
Unorganized hectic environment.
Cashier (Former Employee), Welland, ONJuly 25, 2014
A typical day at work would include taking ice cream cakes out of steel cake rings, prepare ice cream cakes, serve customer, prepare ice cream, hot food and shakes from the menu.

I learned how to make a ice cream cake, i also learned how to work in a fast paced environment as a team, not that i did not know that before but this gave me more experience.

Management – more... was very pour. When i got the job i did not receive any kind of training, they did not really talk to their employees but when they did it was more in a talking down manner, they would get angry when you would ask questions.

The employees were great, they helped me when i asked questions with no complaints they were patient with me being the new person and always put in constructive cristisim when needed.

The hardest part of the job was just jumping into the work without any training or previous experience in a work place such as DQ, it became easier after the first week or so.

Most enjoyable part was it being fast paced and always doing something. – less
Overall While working in Dairy Queen its fun place to be
Shift Leader (Supervisor) (Current Employee), Regina SasketchwanJuly 23, 2014
Pros: great culture, hardworking fast paced atmosphere and management is really good.
Cons: sometimes i have to do night shift where the public transport is not frequent, i have to wait for an hour or sometimes more during winter.
A soon as I start my day I have to manage the whole shift give them specific stations for their duty then look at the stocks, everything is working good.You get to learn many things such as managerial skills, leadership quality how to handle customers and theirs issues.At my store where i work People come from different ethnic group we get to learn – more... ample of new things.Sometimes the hardest part is to handle young kids who work with us as their part time job as they are too young so they don't take this job seriously and at the end we have to play their part as well.While working we can even have fun like listening to music talking to our colleagues so the day goes very fast.The last but not the least is we all work as a TEAM. – less
Fun and productive workplace
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), BCJuly 22, 2014
Pros: co-workers
I got to work with so many great people and met lots of new people while being a cashier, I worked a lot of hours at Dairy Queen and had a lot of fun.
Enjoyed Supervising the youth in my community grow and learn new skills
Night Supervisor (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 22, 2014
Pros: learned a new skill in supervising other staff members
Cons: financial compensation was very limited
As a night shift Supervisor it was necessary to maintain good customer service, staff rapport and product readiness to ensure stock was properly managed.
They treat their staff great!
Line Cook (Current Employee), Yorkton,SkJuly 19, 2014
Everyone is nice. It's a great place to work. The boss there is good. Its a great place to learn.
I worked as a cashier and found that I enjoyed working with the public
Cashier (Former Employee), New Minas, NSJuly 15, 2014
My typical day when I was there was to set up things before we opened for the day and to keep the restaurant clean. The hardest part of the day was if someone was sick and you worked a double shift and then go back in the next day feeling a bit tried. The enjoyable part of the job was seeing how the customers and staff interacted with each other.
Great as a first time job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 9, 2014
Great as beginners job. Show many situations you'll find yourself in the future.
Fast paced workplace with flexible hours
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 7, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, friendly coworkers, fast paced environment
Cons: not all of the staff were always aware of new changes
A typical day at work consisted of taking and preparing orders, taking cake orders, making cakes and novelties, cleaning the store and locking up at the end of the night. Good place to work for minimum wage. Friendly workplace. Great bosses.
productive
Cashier, Braizer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 2, 2014
Typical for me at Dairy Queen would be trying all the new blizzards, one of the hardest is working on hot days. my co-workers were great especially on Miracle Treat Day ( All blizzards purchased on that day is donated to charity) where we all really work as a team and a have a little pizza party.
fun, nice environment, friendly staffs and owner
Cake crew (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCJune 26, 2014
Pros: not pressured
Cons: just a minimum hours
as a cake crew I've learned how to manage my time since I was the only one who worked in my station, I learned how to organized everything and I also learned how to value costumers and how to entertain them no matter how bussy it was.
Somewhat productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tillsonburg, ONJune 24, 2014
Pros: free soft drinks while working
Cons: little to no benifits, lots of downtime, unorganized scheduling
Typical day included making specialty ice cream treats and grilled/deep fried food, preparing and decorating cakes, taking orders from customers

I learned the basics of cake decorating

management was unorganized, constantly changing shifts around and cancelling shifts

co-workers were somewhat unpleasant

hardest part of the job was making sure all – more... treats were the exact weight

most enjoyable part of the job was making waffle cones – less
Jusy like any other fast food restaurants
Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 24, 2014
Pros: free meal, flexible schedule
Cons: no benefits
Fast paced working environment
Learned to handle stress and multi-tasking
Very neat management
Nice co-workers but they definitely needs more English study
The Hardest part of the job is to dealing with a picky customers and drunk customers
Sometime we get free blizzard after work
good job for people new to work force
Cashier (Former Employee), Dryden, ONJune 20, 2014
Pros: one free lunch
Cons: managment
management would change schedule without telling the workers then blame workers for not coming into work according to the schedule. terrible pay, and employers treated workers badly.
Productive but not very fun
Braisser and front staff (Current Employee), 1910 kennedy roadJune 19, 2014
Pros: 1/2 price break and free ice cream
Cons: only 1 15 min break and no chance for raise
It was alot of repetition in the working environment and not much chance for increase. But the owner and staff were very nice and pleasant to work with
Fun workplace
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJune 17, 2014
Pros: great food.
Cons: good management.
Typically it is very busy. It taught me great customer service skills as well as management skills. Management was fair and understanding, very fun personalities. Co-workers were very outgoing and friendly which helped time go by faster. The hardest part of the job was the excessive heat in the summer working at the "drive thru". It was very enjoyable, – more... however, as it was a very pleasant environment. – less
enjoyable fast paced jon environment
Cashier/Store Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 11, 2014
Pros: enjoyable work environment
Cons: having to stand for long periods of time
greeted customers
took orders
made desired products
cleaned various areas
re stocked merchandise
directly answered any customer questions or concerns
typical job
Night Supervisor (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 6, 2014
Pros: got to work nights
Cons: long unprdictable hours
Only worked here to help out a Friend who was manager at the time
great coworkers
supervisor (Former Employee), Listowel, ONJune 5, 2014
I loved the fast paced work environment
learned how to work quickly with money
can count money quickly
can deal with customer complaints
can work well under pressure
can be responsible for others
Excellent work environment, great staff to work with, work was easily attainable
Crew Member (Former Employee), Listowel, ONJune 4, 2014
Enjoyed walking into work every day. Staff and management was exceptional, and the work was easily done even under stressful situations.

1 2 3 4 5

About Dairy Queen

Dairy Queen, often abbreviated DQ, is a chain of soft serve and fast food restaurants owned by International Dairy Queen, Inc, – Read more