Dairy Queen

Dairy Queen Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very hard for me
Cashier (Former Employee), Golden, BCMay 20, 2015
Working at Dairy Queen was very difficult for me, it was hard to keep up with everything. Some of the co-workers I found to be really nice while others were hard to get along with.
fun work environment, enjoyable coworkers, exceptional owner and management
Supervisor (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABMay 19, 2015
hardest part of the job is how busy it can get. Higher stress level then some jobs and many different things to do. I enjoyed the staff members and co-workers. Management is respectable and passionate.
it was fun,
Ice cream server/ cook (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONMay 15, 2015
Pros: had discount on alot of ice cream
i learned how to work alot faster, i learned more how to muilty task by working more then one station.
we all worked together on the the closing list sometimes we would make it a race to see who can get the most things done
Pretty decent
Basic cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 14, 2015
didnt like coming home covered in icecream. But it was worth it in the end. a very good starting job.the staff was very helpfu with any problems you had.
Interesting place to work, great enviroment
product maker (Former Employee), Trenton, ONMay 13, 2015
Cons: Bad hours, managment
I world stalk cones and spoons, make sure everything is in working order and full. I learned how to balance school and work, my co-workers were great, fun people to work with and just great people to be around.

The hardest part was learning all of the recipes for the ice cream and blizzards, food, and all that.

The most enjoyable part was just generally being there and working.
A day at Dairy Queen
Team Member (Current Employee), Airdrie, ABMay 13, 2015
Pros: Family
Cons: Customers, pay
I have been working for the company since 2013, and I have got to say, the company has only improved over the years. When I started we had virtually no training program, we were just expected to know how to do everything. Our management is wonderful, but it varies from place to place, I am thankful I have the managers I have, its like a productive family. Customers in fast food are horrible, but they are bad everywhere you go.
Fun Learning in a fast environment
Staff Member / Supervisor (Current Employee), Carleton PlaceMay 10, 2015
Working at dairy queen has been a great stepping stone and was a good first job to start with. I learned to work as part of a team and developed management skills by advancing from a staff member to a supervisor.
worst experience.
Front Counter attendant (Former Employee), sherwood park , albertaMay 10, 2015
Pros: free lunch, pay wage was great
Cons: bad boss
hated my boss , hated store location , to many supervisors was confusing , we were treated badly and looked down upon as I wasn't a supervisor
fun place to work gain alot of experience in different fields
Cashier & Cook (Former Employee), London ONMay 6, 2015
Pros: Great People
Fun place to work
good young crowd to work with
gain lots of experience in different areas
chances to move up in your position (supervisor)
Good first job
Employee at Dairy Queen (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBMay 1, 2015
Pros: salary is a bit higher than minimum wage
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work is taking orders from the customers, making the food for them, working cashier, filling products and cleaning stations. I learned a lot about teamwork, responsibility and organization. I got along well with all of my managers and co-workers.
Staff Member Experience
Staff member (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONApril 28, 2015
A typical day at Dairy Queen as a staff member was fun, but did not consist of much challenges. It was a good first job, to see what the work world was like. The hardest part of this job, because I was so new to customer service, was dealing with unhappy customers. The most enjoyable part of this job was working with great people.
great
free food after closing
great co-workers and management
intresting place
Crew Member (Current Employee), Brampton, ONApril 21, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: no hours
owner is rude and cheap but employees are pretty amazing can be challenging at times and you need to be productive it teaches you to stand up for yourself
very poor work eviroment
Cook (Former Employee), Hope, BCApril 16, 2015
poorly managed, the co-workers didn't take there job seriously, the facility was disgusting, not every dq I have found to be this way but the one I was working at was not a good one.
Productive workplace with dedicated employees
Server (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecApril 16, 2015
Pros: 50% off food while working
Cons: Finishing at midnight
A typical day at work, I start working on cakes in the back by decorating them. I was mainly used for the preparation of the cakes, I would also serve customers in front. If it was busy day we would team up on cash with my co-workers, because of the environment, we had great communications between us all. I would clean in between rushes, re-fill what needed to be filled. I would also take the cake orders from customers, answer their questions about the product. It was a well organized environment with people who cared about their job. The hardest part was the long lines, trying to get them to shrink as fast as possible all while keeping the store clean and not chaotic. The best part were the employees who had your back! We were all a team, we worked best together.
Very Bad Management
Front Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Okotoks, ABApril 12, 2015
Pros: Good workplace
Cons: Bad management
I loved the workplace and co workers but the management was horrible and did not do any good for the company or its employees
Productive Fun Environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 10, 2015
Pros: great environment
Cons: poor wage
Like any other fast food dairy queens gets a great reputation
its a fun place to work with great staff members.
gained a lot of experience and knowledge, undergoing extensive training to gain more experience.
there are hardest part but also there are enjoyable parts of the job.
Fun
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), North BayMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Co Workers
Cons: Short Hours
Loved working at Dairy Queen. The location was perfect. Loved my coworkers. Great experience and over all excellent management.
Amazing experience
Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary, AlbertaMarch 30, 2015
I became attached to all of my co workers and management. The management helped me grow in to a team leader/ supervisor as I have always been shy. I am so grateful for everything they did for me and what I learned from the four years I have been working for them as they made me the person I am today.
A job experience you will never forget
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Cambridge OntarioMarch 27, 2015
Pros: positive atmosphere, customer interaction
Cons: long hours in hot conditions
My 5 year experience with Dairy Queen can only be described as memorable. This job has allowed me to grow as an individual in more ways than I ever thought possible. With the greatest employers and fellow co-workers, I have few negatives to say about working for DQ. A typical day included coming in and stocking inventory and product, preparing for the night shift, as well as multiple cleaning duties. Of course serving the customers was the number one priority. As shift leader and head cake decorator, my other responsibilities included cake ordered, handling customer and product complaints, as well as motivating and keeping the crew on task. The hardest part was probably keeping up with the crazy demand, and trying to stay positive through 7 hour rushes. If it wasn't for the amazing people alongside me it would have been much more difficult.

1 2 3 4 5

About Dairy Queen

Dairy Queen, often abbreviated DQ, is a chain of soft serve and fast food restaurants owned by International Dairy Queen, Inc, – Read more