The District Manager is accountable for the performance of the two DAIRY QUEEN Restaurants within West Edmonton Mall. The District Manager ensures that each Restaurant Management Team is performing their job responsibilities and meeting expectations in all areas of their job descriptions at optimum levels.
This position offers a total compensation package with bonus commensurate with experience. Total compensation for this position is between $36000 and $42000 per annum.
The essential functions of the District Manager position are denoted below in the following areas:
TOTAL GUEST SATISFACTION
- Ensures each Restaurant Management Team consistently provides a quality product and customer service experience that delivers total customer satisfaction. All activities and decisions are completely focused and driven by customer satisfaction.
- Ensures all employees are trained, motivated and empowered to deliver total customer satisfaction. Provides training, coaching and feedback in all deficient areas.
- Evaluates each restaurant’s QSC standards. Provides regular and consistent feedback and coaching on improvements; conducts periodic inspections of the restaurants.
- Communicates all customer comments and concerns to the appropriate Restaurant Management Team immediately. Follows-up to ensure they are handled in a timely and effective way.
EFFECTIVE BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
- Maximizes financial performance and profit of the district.
- Develops and executes a business plan (key elements include fiscal responsibilities, manpower planning and Local Store Marketing) for district results.
- Holds General Managers accountable for their business plans.
- Analyzes business performance; initiates appropriate corrective actions when deviations occur from financial expectations.
- Models and encourages the use of available systems, procedures, technologies and supports departments to meet business objectives.
- Supports company-wide marketing programs; evaluates local restaurant marketing strategies developed by the Corporate Office and the District Manager.
- Be completely focused and driven by guest satisfaction.
- Be self sufficient, self reliant and willing to take risks.
- Be of extremely high integrity, ethics and treat all team members with honesty, respect and dignity.
- Must establish an environment of trust to ensure honest, open and direct communication in every direction of the organization.
- Be performance oriented and driven. Clearly communicates performance expectations, measures performance results, recognizes and rewards good performance and is tolerant and patient of sub-standard performance.
High school diploma or equivalent. College degree preferable. Excellent verbal and written communication skills is a must; is capable of communicating effectively with customers and team members; bi-lingual skills a plus.
3-5 years in highly productive management positions (preferably fast food restaurant experience).
LICENSE & INSURANCE
Must have reliable personal transportation, liability insurance and a valid Driver’s License.
Must be accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Maintains an open door policy.