DAIRY QUEEN GRILL & CHILL

DAIRY QUEEN GRILL & CHILL Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I love the people I work with, but there's no job security.
Grill Person (Kitchen Staff) (Current Employee), Regina, SKJuly 5, 2012
Working with DQ is quite tough but it is rewarding. The management is good and the co-workers are very enthusiastic in their work. They are fun to work with and that's important that you have a harmonious relationship between co-workers.
depends on my title that day
. (Former Employee), Norcross, GAFebruary 17, 2014
depends on my title that day, would depend on my duties. i was a cashier, customer service, waitress and cook.
Pretty good place to work
Cashier, Drive-Thru Operator, Line Cook (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 11, 2014
I liked working here because of all the different jobs I would do. The variety of jobs was cool. The co workers ended up being great friends of mine. Management was also pretty chill and relaxed if you did your job well.
Fun and Fast Paced
Manager (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEOctober 11, 2013
I loved working in management at Dairy Queen. Everyday presented a new challenge and it was a lot of fun. The atmosphere was awesome and the store(s) had great ownership (27th & I-80; 84th & Hwy 2; 14th & Old Cheney). Definitely recommend this job for someone wanting to have some fun at work.
productive fun
Cashier / Grill Cook (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 3, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
typical day at work was productive and fun cook clean serve customers their food hard worker enjoy
cashier
CASHIER (Current Employee), connellsville, paJuly 29, 2013
providing excellent customer service, order taking, making products,
Fun easy going place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Murfreesboro, TNApril 29, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: bad work schedule
A typical work day includes opening or closing the store, accountable for accurate deposits, providing excellent customer service to every customer. We have a very strong management team and we all work very well together. Our co-workers our hard working, the hardest part of the job is when doing the employee schedule, trying to make sure it fits each – more... person needs. The most enjoyable part is getting to know each and every one of them and working together so great as a team. – less
Efficient workplace with a great team of employees.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Warrensburg, MODecember 15, 2012
As the Assistant Manager, I help maintain day-to-day operations within the store. I manage over 40 employees and work as a team to effectively run the store. I am also responsible for all the local marketing for the region. That includes maintaining social media accounts, strategically initiating promotions, and managing events.
friendly place to work and friendly employes
Grill Cook (Former Employee), Riverview, FLOctober 12, 2012
i loved there food and the people i worked with and the management was so cool with the employes.
I liked this job it had fun people to work with
Cook and Food Assembler (Former Employee), Mars, PAOctober 10, 2012
Pros: good people good hours
Cons: bad pay bad manager
I would go to work and cook food. I learned alot about fast food life. The management was not very good. The co-workers were nice. The hardest part was cleaning up after. The best part was making the ice cream.
Healthy work environment with a competetive feel to be the #1 store
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Newburgh, INJuly 28, 2012
Pros: half priced meals. free drinks
Cons: no benefits, 1 break early in shift.
A typical day for me involves making sure the crew making treats stays on task, and helping them through busy hours if they start to get into trouble with confusing orders. Complaints are rare these days, because we responded to them in the past and learned from them.

I could live happily with this job given the people that work here. I just need a – more... little more to afford my necessities.

I learned how to prioritize my tasks given the time of day and the severity of any issues. I've learned how to lead a group in trouble out of a hole (I would have them get into an assembly line for making treats, and tell them to stay in their spots to help get service times faster).

The hardest part of the job is getting certain employees to do their job without me constantly telling them what to do. Thankfully, there are only a few of these people.

The attitude of the store is laid back and humorous when we are slow, and when we are busy, the mood changes to a professional/achievement driven atmosphere. Both attitudes are pleasing to me. – less
Fast pace, hectic work
Cashier (Former Employee), Montgomery, ILJune 11, 2012
Pros: received many hours
Cons: schedule never changed, working til 10pm
Typical fast food position, i learned how to prepare and make ice cream. The management was great got along with all my managers. I got along with all my co worker, they all had a great sense of humor. There were no hard parts of the job. What i did enjoy about the job was i was always kept buy and working i was never bored.