DAIRY QUEEN GRILL & CHILL Employee Reviews

Enjoyable job, great co- worker, very flexible.
Cashier/Customer Service/Cook (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON29 August 2016
The job was very enjoyable, great group of people to be working with very energetic work place, very fast past but still an easy job. The management started off a little rough but as the grill&chill got more customers and experience it was getting better, well working there i learned how to use cooking machines, also helped with team work skills and customer service skills as well. The food was free when working and 50% off when coming in on your own which was great, i could make myself something from the menu then go out and have lunch. The hardest part of my job was going back in the the walk in freezer that's -31 degrees and stocking up all the containers for the chill area. (ice cream, ext.)
Pros
Free food, Flexible hours for school
Cons
getting 2 hour shifts sometimes
Fun and nice co-workers
Service Crew (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB3 October 2016
You will not feel the tireness of the work because of the fun doing all their products.
I learned discipline and confidence ion work.
The management is considerate of their workers.
my co-workers are easy to talk to, and will definitely make your day.
The hardest part i think is only when i have nothing to do, it make me so sleepy.
the most enjoyable is when we make dessert and see how delicious it looks like.
fast passed enviroment in the summer
Food Prep/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB Clairview15 November 2016
For someone looking for their first job, this is a great job, its laid back and easy to figure out what goes where and how to make the product. Each store is owned by a different person, so things vary including, training, discounts, tips, product pricing and more.
Cons
promise promotions, but never gives them
First job
Supervisor/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, AB23 November 2016
It was my first job and I absolutely loved it but when I became a supervisor it didn't suit my needs and wage to survive with my family in this economy
fulfillment
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB2 October 2015
Being one of the managers of this company gives me the fulfillment of having me handle the shift. Though it is a tough job, we learn how to deal with different areas every single day.We learn not just to satisfy our bosses but most especially our guests.
Pros
management coordination
Cons
politics
Fast paced workplace but taught me to work hard
Cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa9 August 2015
I worked as a cook and handled most of the cleaning during my shifts. I cleaned whatever was needed to be cleaned without be asked to. I tried to fry what ever needed to be fried such as chicken and fries, in advance so I can have the orders ready within a minute, same goes with the patties for the burgers, and salads. My co-workers were very helpful although I wasn't close with many they always helped me out whenever I needed it while I was working. Overall, working at Dairy Queen was a great experience for me, it taught me how to work hard and help out other while I was at it.
Productive and fun environment to work in
Franchise Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 December 2015
It was the best job I've had so far. Very caring and understanding staff. There was problems with cellphones always being out that was hard for the managers to take control of.
I love the people I work with, but there's no job security.
Grill Person (Kitchen Staff) (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK5 July 2012
Working with DQ is quite tough but it is rewarding. The management is good and the co-workers are very enthusiastic in their work. They are fun to work with and that's important that you have a harmonious relationship between co-workers.
Awesome co-workers and boss
Server (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB12 September 2013
the Manager was awesome because he always understood bad situation