DAIRY QUEEN GRILL & CHILL Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Enjoyable job, great co- worker, very flexible.
Cashier/Customer Service/Cook (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONAugust 29, 2016
The job was very enjoyable, great group of people to be working with very energetic work place, very fast past but still an easy job. The management started off a little rough but as the grill&chill got more customers and experience it was getting better, well working there i learned how to use cooking machines, also helped with team work skills and customer service skills as well. The food was free when working and 50% off when coming in on your own which was great, i could make myself something from the menu then go out and have lunch. The hardest part of my job was going back in the the walk in freezer that's -31 degrees and stocking up all the containers for the chill area. (ice cream, ext.)
Pros
Free food, Flexible hours for school
Cons
getting 2 hour shifts sometimes
fulfillment
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Drayton Valley, ABOctober 2, 2015
Being one of the managers of this company gives me the fulfillment of having me handle the shift. Though it is a tough job, we learn how to deal with different areas every single day.We learn not just to satisfy our bosses but most especially our guests.
Pros
management coordination
Cons
politics
Fast paced workplace but taught me to work hard
Cook (Former Employee) –  OttawaAugust 9, 2015
I worked as a cook and handled most of the cleaning during my shifts. I cleaned whatever was needed to be cleaned without be asked to. I tried to fry what ever needed to be fried such as chicken and fries, in advance so I can have the orders ready within a minute, same goes with the patties for the burgers, and salads. My co-workers were very helpful although I wasn't close with many they always helped me out whenever I needed it while I was working. Overall, working at Dairy Queen was a great experience for me, it taught me how to work hard and help out other while I was at it.
Awesome co-workers and boss
Server (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, ABSeptember 12, 2013
the Manager was awesome because he always understood bad situation
I love the people I work with, but there's no job security.
Grill Person (Kitchen Staff) (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKJuly 5, 2012
Working with DQ is quite tough but it is rewarding. The management is good and the co-workers are very enthusiastic in their work. They are fun to work with and that's important that you have a harmonious relationship between co-workers.