With annual revenues of $1.9 billion and representing almost 4,100 Ontario dairy farm businesses, Dairy Farmers of Ontario is the province’s largest agricultural marketing organization. In its production, transportation and marketing roles, this not-for-profit organization is an essential partner in the Canadian dairy industry.
This position will be responsible for providing support to the General Counsel and Director of Communications. This includes providing support and coordinating all the logistics for Board meetings, including preparing notices and agenda, compiling and distributing electronic and paper packages and maintaining official board and all corporate records. Other responsibilities include acting as recording secretary at all board meetings and preparing first drafts and circulating minutes of meetings.
This position will provide executive assistance to the General Counsel and Director of Communications in the administration of a fast paced practice. To be successful, the candidate must assist with the preparation of business documents, including text, overheads and electronic presentations, preparing and/or editing internal and external letters, memos and emails. The role will also co-ordinate the General Counsel’s schedule, appointments, reservations and travel arrangements.
This position requires these qualifications:
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience
- Legal or Recording Secretary experience would be considered an asset
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service, written and oral communication skills
- High level of proficiency in computer skills (Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Extremely detailed oriented
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize work flow
- Ability to exercise good judgement, show initiative and be proactive
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information
This is a full-time permanent position based at our head office in Mississauga. DFO offers a competitive salary, an attractive benefits package and opportunities for professional development and advancement. Please submit a cover letter and resume by March 29th to:
Human Resources Department
Dairy Farmers of Ontario
6780 Campobello Road
Mississauga ON L5N 2L8
Fax: 905 821 3160
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.