DUX Machinery Corporation, Repentigny (Montreal), QC, Canada
DUX Machinery Corporation designs and manufactures a full range of underground mining 4-wheel drive articulated haulage trucks, utility trucks, scalers etc.(see www.duxmachinery.com).
DUX is looking for a Mechanical Engineer with a strong background in the design and manufacturing of DUX trucks which requires innovative solutions to improve existing and new products. Candidate has to be a good team player and will be responsible for supervising the engineering department as well as being involved in the planning procurement of the chassis fabricators and assemblers.
- Complete mechanical machine design including preliminary research conceptual design and detailing of power train, hydraulic, brake and electrical systems
- Working with designers to identify any structural areas in the design that required FEA analysis (static and motion), run the analysis, extract results, provide recommendations, and implement the changes in the design as required
- Conduct hand calculation analysis using theory of machine, vibration, and strength of material for quick evaluation of design
- Develop mechanical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials; soliciting observations from operators
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with government regulations
- Produce accurate and manufacturable parts drawings according to standards
- Validate that the new concepts meet the design for manufacturing and assembly requirements and principles
- Collaborate with manufacturing team to insure the manufacturability of the designed parts/assemblies
- Interact with external resources (vendors / customers) with other personnel to resolve technical issues
- Strong analytical background
- Initiative with eagerness to learn and grow
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both French and English
- Degree in Engineering (University level in Mechanical Engineering Design or equivalent)
- 5 years of experience in designing heavy machinery projects
- Track record of handling multi-design projects, while maintaining quality, time, and cost deliverable
- Proficiency in one of the well-known CAD packages is a must, SolidWorks and ProEngineering will be a plus
- Ability to plan and prioritize tasks to ensure timely completion
- Past industrial Non-Linear FEA experience
- Fatigue analysis in accordance with CSA W59 or comparable welding standards
- Industrial heavy steel weldment
- PENG designation of Ontario, Quebec or other province will be a plus
- Assist in implementing ISO 9001 certification process
DUX Machinery Corporation is an equal opportunity company with great opportunity for advancement.
To apply for this position please forward in confidence your resume to:
DUX MACHINERY CORPORATION
615 Lavoisier, Repentigny, Quebec, Canada J6A 7N2
Attn: Human Resources Department
We thank all applicants in advance. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
DUX Machinery Corporation is a Canadian manufacturer of underground mining equipment. With over 40 years of experience, DUX products are...