Position Title: Accountant
Team: Regina Administration
Position Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Reports to: Divisional Controller
Dream Unlimited is a real estate investment, development and management company, creating value at every stage of the real estate life cycle. Since the business was created in 1994, Dream has grown substantially, becoming one of Canada’s leading real estate companies with approximately $13.4 billion of assets.
And while on the surface our business may not seem that different from others, it’s our attitude and approach that sets us apart. We believe in better communities to live in and work in. We seize unconventional opportunities and try new things, approaching every project with passion and purpose. Dream has earned a reputation for adding value by being smart and doing good, making decisions with everyone’s interest at hand – our customers, partners, investors, and the community at large.
Homes by Dundee
Homes by Dundee is the home building division within Dream Unlimited. We build award-winning homes and communities in Regina and Saskatoon.
Dundee is looking to hire an Accountant to be responsible for the following:
- Assist with the preparation and analysis of financial information for Western Canada Land & Housing - Regina divisions;
- Assist with the preparation of month-end and year-end working papers for the internal and external reporting and audit processes;
- Assist with the input, development and analysis of budgets;
- Assist with process review, documentation and implementation;
- Perform GL account reconciliations;
- Prepare and input journal entries as required;
- Assist with accounts payable as required; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Strong people skills. A Team Player. A proven ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Strong communication skills. Demonstrated in written, verbal report writing, presentations, and meeting facilitation.
- Responsiveness. Ability to anticipate client needs and commit to respond in agreed timeframes.
- Innovator. Proven ability to identify, evaluate and develop new ideas with supportable results.
- Deliver on Commitments. Ability to set clear and deliverable goals.
- Minimum one (1) years’ experience in an accounting function, preferably in the home building or construction industry;
- University degree or diploma in accounting;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel;
- A team player with strong organization skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines;
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently;
- Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail; and
- Experience with JD Edwards is an asset.