Our client is the development team responsible for enhancing and maintaining the web/mobile banking application for international countries located internationally. We are looking for a seasoned technical leader who enjoys technology and is comfortable guiding and mentoring developers within a highly skilled work team. The successful candidate may also spend up to 50% of his/her time working on other important iniaitives within the Online Banking Technology branch.
The incumbent will provide architecture and technology guidance to ensure consistency in approaches and to optimize technology synergy. The Solutions Architect also provides expertise and counsel ensuring technology teams and business areas understand all the options and technology choices in support of their business. The Solutions Architect is a technology and business expert with strong leadership and facilitation skills with the ability to influence others..
The Solutions Architect must be comfortable working with a third party vendor. This vendor is in a different time zone which provides challenges to project timelines
1. Responsible for the successful implementation of the complete technology solution for projects supporting major, highly complex business applications with complex integration needs across multiple technology disciplines by defining development specifications, technical requirements, system performance objectives and identifying system modifications to meet objectives. The Solutions Architect recommends end-to-end technology design solutions and takes full accountability for the architecture of a solution.
2. Leads multiple technology groups and vendors to ensure that the application, integration, infrastructure and security architectures are designed to meet evolving business requirements, standards for reliability, scalability and availability and align with our client's Technology Roadmap
3. Apply industry/technical knowledge to provide solutions that increase business results and/or minimize risk regarding the integration of applications across multiple product systems and delivery channels
4. Identify, recommend, source, negotiate and implement emerging IT trends, developments and improvements/solutions by either buying, building or reusing
5. Partners with Enterprise Architects by: ensuring solutions are in line with Technology Roadmap; ensuring all deviations are identified and approved; identifying gaps in current standards/services and negotiating enterprise vs. project solutions and developing standard application architectures, frameworks and development standards..
The incumbent must have at least 10 years of software development experience, with at least five years of Java development in a mission-critical distributed web application environment.
Strong knowledge of J2EE, WebSphere Studio and MQ is essential. An in-depth understanding of Services Oriented Development, UNIX systems, RDMS and a good understanding of modern computer network infrastructures are also necessary.
Experience with formal design documentation methods will be desirable.
A good knowledge of Information Security best practices, including secure coding practices.
Experience and ability to steward technical projects through architecture review committees and implementation checkpoints
An in-depth understanding of web/mobile banking will be an asset.
The incumbent must be a creative, self starting, results-oriented, and highly motivated individual with oustanding analytical skills.
Further, the incumbent must possess very good interpersonal and communication skills in order to effectively work with end users and members of a project team. The incumbent is expected to use diplomacy, judgement and persuasion to secure agreement and co-operation from all stakeholders.
Occasional weekends or overtime will be required depending upon project commitments and timelines.
Ability to speak/write Spanish is a definite asset for this position.