DMI Peace River Pulp Division’s Woodlands department has an excellent opportunity to hire two (2) students who are currently enrolled in or have recently graduated from a forestry focused post-secondary program.
The expected term of this employment will be:
May 1st to August 30th, 2013
As a Woodlands Technician you will be assisting our team members with the following:
- Environmental health and safety inspections and reporting
- Supervision and quality control monitoring of silviculture contractors (planting, tending, site prep)
- Block planning and lay-out
- Other forestry related activities as required, such as weed inspection, seed collection, post-harvest assessments; data entry, test site maintenance, administrative duties, etc.
Who we are looking for:
- Positive, self-motivated, detail oriented, capable of making informed decisions and working with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Having a strong commitment to quality, safety and environmental performance is essential
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs and GPS/ GIS
- Experience in the safe operation of an ATV (asset)
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Current standard 1st aid certificate
- If a graduate, must be a registered member of CAPF or CAPFT
Why work for Peace River Pulp?
As a supportive work environment, PRPD recognizes the importance of work/life balance and provides 4-day work weeks (Monday - Thursday 7:00 am - 5:00 pm) and 3-day weekends with the possibility of some overtime due to contractor schedules and travel distances within the DMI operating area. Please note: all overtime accumulated will be taken off in lieu and the successful candidate will be required to provide their own transportation to and from the PRPD office.
Interested individuals should submit their resume, including the names of at least two (2) work-related references, to PRPD’s Human Resources Department by January 21, 2013.
Please quote competition number CN1267.
Thank you for considering PRPD, we look forward to receiving your resume.
All candidates will be contacted with regards to the status of their application.
For more information please visit our website: http://www.dmi.ca/careers/index.html
Peace River Pulp
Postal Bag 4400
Pulp Mill Site
Peace River, AB
Phone: (780) 624-7000
Fax: (780) 624-7040