Why work for Peace River Pulp?
The Peace River Pulp Division is focused on team member growth based upon attitude, aptitude, and the desire to progress. This position is based upon a continuous operating schedule, 12-hour shifts, 14 shifts a month: 4 nights / 4 off / 3 days / 3 nights / 4 off / 4 days / 6 off. Overtime may be required based on business needs. At Peace River Pulp Division we offer what is called Total Compensation – work/life balance, competitive pay, flexible benefits, a defined benefit pension plan, and much more.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Emergency / Safety Technicians are responsible for the following:
- Provide security and fire protection to the mill site;
- Assist with PRPD Policy and Procedure development and implementation;
- Conduct in-house safety training, medical response and treatment,
- Apply and monitor the Loss / Control Program,
- Support and lead emergency response teams;
- Provide guidance on all aspects of the Provincial OH&S Regulations,
- Conduct safety audits ensuring compliance i.e. safe work permits, hot work permits, pre-job hazard assessments.
- Facilitate training and fire-fighting support, i.e. fire suppression systems and alarms, rescue and
- The successful candidate will possess the following or equivalent:
- Minimum Advanced First Aid;
- NFPA 1001 Level I & II or Industrial Fire Fighting 1081;
- Hazmat Training;
- Confined Space Training;
- Rope Rescue Tech / High Angle Training;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Successful completion of High School Diploma or equivalent.
The following skills and training are assets:
- Security Training;
- Non-crisis Intervention Training;
- Incident Command Training;
- Working knowledge of computers, and MS Office Suite;
- Health and Safety Certification;
- Industrial Hygiene Formal Training.
Interested individuals should their application with the names of at least two (2)work-related references, to PRPD’s HR Department. Applications will be reviewed on a continual basis until a suitable candidate is found. Quote competition number CN1386
We look forward to receiving your application. All candidates will be contacted with regards to the status of their application.
Peace River Pulp Postal Bag 4400. Pulp Mill Site Peace River, AB T8S 1V7
Phone: 780.624.7088 * Fax: 780.624.7040